Xbox One Announcement

Turamber

Part of the furniture
That is a sign of weakness. You wouldn't buy a weak console now would you?

A sign of weakness? We're talking about products and the way they are marketed. Some of you need to get out more.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
COD Bros will still buy the Xbone 180.

...or well, daddy will.

ECA

I am a FH squatter
It wasn't really booing xbone, it was booing the exclusive part - and the booing was WAY fucking louder than that on the stream audio which had a proper audience mic.

Billargh

I am a FH squatter
Now they just need to 180 on the Kinect requirement and I might start giving a shit. Only because the PS4 pad looks so wank though.

ECA

I am a FH squatter
Now they just need to 180 on the Kinect requirement and I might start giving a shit. Only because the PS4 pad looks so wank though.

They announced a few days ago they will probably sell a kinectless unit ( but it won't be for ~6 months after launch or so ). This is ofc just to compete with ps4 on price.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter

I wouldn't even give a shit then, they can give a gold plated Xbox One and I'd still tell them to fuck off because they've made their intentions clear. The shit they tried to pull with the Xbox One I can almost guarantee they will try and do it again X month/years down the line.

Billargh

I am a FH squatter
They announced a few days ago they will probably sell a kinectless unit ( but it won't be for ~6 months after launch or so ). This is ofc just to compete with ps4 on price.

Just rumours going around, Microsoft have said they have no plans to release a Kinectless Xbox One.
http://www.vg247.com/2013/07/24/xbox-one-bundles-to-release-in-summer-2014-without-kinect-report/
“We have no plans to introduce an Xbox One without Kinect,” said the firm. “We believe in Kinect and the value it brings to both games and entertainment, and believe $499 is a great value for what consumers receive with their Xbox One.”

I wouldn't even give a shit then, they can give a gold plated Xbox One and I'd still tell them to fuck off because they've made their intentions clear. The shit they tried to pull with the Xbox One I can almost guarantee they will try and do it again X month/years down the line.
That is the thing that worries me, I've been set on the PS4 since it's announcement, but the pad looks so bad :p

Poag

m00?
MS have made it clear what they want to do long term. They'll drip it in bit by bit..but it'll end up in the same place eventually.....

Aada

Part of the furniture
Yep the pad is worrying on the PS4, If the launch line up isn't great I may sell my PS4 on eBay, if it sells out they will be going for £700 just like the Xbox 360 did at launch :)

Can always buy another when the good stuff starts to roll out.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Yep the pad is worrying on the PS4, If the launch line up isn't great I may sell my PS4 on eBay, if it sells out they will be going for £700 just like the Xbox 360 did at launch :)

Can always buy another when the good stuff starts to roll out.

Sell it around Christmas for maximum profit :p parents go nutty on ebay buying their kids consoles that are out of stock in most shops.

Aada

Part of the furniture
A look at the Xbox One control pad, in many ways the control pad will be the deciding factor for a lot of people, no point paying money for a console but you absolutely can't stand the control pad. I think many people were hoping Sony would redesign their pad completely with the PS4.

You get the feeling the guy in the video responsible for that control pad really had a passion for it.

View: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m4SYaTLCWL0#at=167

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
A look at the Xbox One control pad, in many ways the control pad will be the deciding factor for a lot of people, no point paying money for a console but you absolutely can't stand the control pad. I think many people were hoping Sony would redesign their pad completely with the PS4.

You get the feeling the guy in the video responsible for that control pad really had a passion for it.

View: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m4SYaTLCWL0#at=167

In fairness (and I say this as an Xbox hater) you can always buy a new/better one that suits your needs, plenty of other places make different design controllers. That said the Xbox One controller looks small, I've got massive hands so a tiny control pad like that would do my nut in.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-08-13-xbox-one-will-function-without-kinect-plugged-in

All we need now is for MS to announce a box without Kinect :)

Launch in around 3 months and Sony having problems getting the parts they need right now, going to be interesting.

I still reckon Sony will come out on top, no reason they can't really, you have to pay for less on the PS4 than you will on the Xbox One. If after all this the Xbox One comes out on top after release it just proves that the console community has lost any remaining brain cells they had.

ECA

I am a FH squatter
Tbh given the increase in pricing to £55 for a fucking game. they can go fuck themselves.
£25-27 on steam preorders + steamsales to pickup stuff you missed.

If you buy 10games a year you can afford a £250 gpu with the money you saved.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Tbh given the increase in pricing to £55 for a fucking game. they can go fuck themselves.

True, only downside is not every console game comes to PC and you won't be seeing any PS4/Xbox One emulators anytime soon, they haven't even got working Xbox 360/PS3 emulators yet.

Aada

Part of the furniture
I still reckon Sony will come out on top, no reason they can't really, you have to pay for less on the PS4 than you will on the Xbox One. If after all this the Xbox One comes out on top after release it just proves that the console community has lost any remaining brain cells they had.
I haven't really decided on what I'm getting at first it was PS4 but now with MS doing a U turn on a lot of the bullshit I'm not sure as the PS4 controller looks mostly the same as the PS3 pad which is annoying as I don't like the current pad it's horrible. A while to go yet though.

Billargh

I am a FH squatter

It's the same bullshit they come out with every year, we're told all games will retail for around £60. A few months later they'll be back down to £40 a pop.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Prices wont be that different across any platform. If you don't have anything better to do with your life then I am sure you can spend hours trying to shave off a couple of quid...but overall there wont be a huge amount of difference.

As for consoles, if I was going to get either at launch it would still be the PS4 - the Xbox pads are just horrible and the company even worse. They tried to fuck their customers hard, got laughed at and backtracked. If anyone is stupid enough to think they won't receive a nice buggering later on down the line then they deserve an Xbox, quite frankly. Not that Sony business practice will be that much better, they like to milk their sheep raw too.

Billargh

I am a FH squatter
The problem for me is the PS4 pad, it looks absolutely dreadful, even worse than the DualShock 3. The one saving grace for it though is how light the analogue sticks are on the PS3; after playing through The Last of Us and Demon's Souls and going back to the 360, the sticks felt so clunky and heavy.

All the recent changes in Microsoft's corner are making the One seem more desirable mind, and if it wasn't for all the original butthurt surrounding DRM, Kinect etc I'd go for the One. Problem being, I simply don't trust Microsoft, not that I trust Sony either but they seem the lesser of the two evils.)

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter

View: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S8rNmA4aIaw

A lot of them are launch titles supposedly apart from Halo.

Not a bad launch line up compared to Sony and their killer app.. Killzone the shooter nobody cares about.

Also that control pad? $100mill spent on designing it, tooling it and R&D costs.
http://uk.gamespot.com/news/microso...illions-designing-xbox-one-controller-6412843

sounds like you've already made your mind up for an xbox, doesn't take much to convert you does it :p

Aada

Part of the furniture
I'm honestly on 2 minds at this point before the u turn on Kinect it was a definate NO but now they have done away with the bullshit I don't know, on the one hand the PS4 and Sony are fantastic right now but I just do not get on with the PS3 pad and the PS4 pad looks no different.

I really could only a imagine a shit time playing games with that pad ;/

MS on the other hand have the better control pad but are shit right now generally but their launch line up looks better than the PS4 and Xbox Live is still far better than PSN until seen otherwise.

Flip a coin?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom