www.barrysworld.com

Nos

Fledgling Freddie
The name of this community is of no importance, to quote the Bard:-

Shakespeare said:
What's in a name? that which we call a rose
By any other name would smell as sweet

Or, to put this into real terms, brooky, by another other name, would still be a dense lamer happy to piss money up against a brick wall.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
I accidentally stumbled upon this thread and it amazes me how people will just make bullshit up when there is lack of information.

Yeah. Just happened across this thread amongst all the shit on the WWW like I happened across your mother t'other nite :)

raphidae

Loyal Freddie
Scouse said:
Yeah. Just happened across this thread amongst all the shit on the WWW like I happened across your mother t'other nite :)

I sometimes search on my own name to see what pops up :)

amobea

Fledgling Freddie
~Yuckfou~ said:
Am I the only person who thinks that this is not the place for this discussion?
Seconded...

This thread has gotten rather out of hand.

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
~Yuckfou~ said:

thirded. kindly talk to each other in a proper fashion (ie not via here). what has happened is no concern of 99.9 percent of the people on the boards, and imphfo Dodo is just blowing his own trumpet to include all of us.

mank!

Part of the furniture
raphidae said:
I sometimes search on my own name to see what pops up :)

You registered about a month before you posted, you great big dirty lurker!

Clown

Part of the furniture
I wish more 'newbies' would lurk before they posted.

Yoni

Cockb@dger / Klotehommel www.lhw.photography
enough is enough "closed"

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
raphidae said:
I accidentally stumbled upon this thread and it amazes me how people will just make bullshit up when there is lack of information.

I bought barrysworld.com along with some other domains and all the associated rights for 1500 Euro on behalf of a client of mine.

As the dispute (and because of that the locking) of the domainname made the intentional use impossible, a different name was chosen for the project.

The client has expressed his wish to sell the domainname for about the same amount it was purchased for, or more. As brooky doesn't want to buy all domains 1000 Euro is reasonable. I'm sure I could sell it for the same amount or more to jolt or some other company, but I think it's in better hands with brooky.

If someone is interrested in the full WIPO case of the domain: http://ra.phid.ae/stuff/index.php?dir=wipo/

And as for the trademark issue I saw coming along, the fact is here that GAME included a trademark application in their annexes. Application that is, they never even sent it to the trademark office, let alone that it was granted.

Ok,

Time I jumped in on this. I am named in the WIPO case as being the seller. I never sold the domain, was never approached and signed a sworn statement to that fact at the NHTCU (National High Tech Crime Unit or whatever it is called in Canary Wharf).

The domain was illegally obtained by identity theft and I would stand up in any real court, not some pissy wipo hearing where the judge was sat in Australia, and swear the same.

I saw "my signature" and laughed out loud. It was clearly a forgery done by a 4yr old. I would like you to provide proof of how I was allegedly paid (no doubt you will say cash to cover your arse, if so, how did the cash get to me?).

Also, as soon as the company went into liquidation, ALL ASSETS belonged to the administrators of the company, not me. So I could not legally sell it even if I wanted to.

So, provide the real proof that a real court of law would want to see as to how you obtained the domain. WIPO are a waste of space and clearly don't know their arse from their elbow.

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
I have reopened this thread so that raphidae can reply with his "proof".

mank!

Part of the furniture
Wouldn't it be more appropriate for him to send you this "proof" via email or even over MSN or something?

Frizz

Can't get enough of FH
Deebs said:
I have reopened this thread so that raphidae can reply with his "proof".

Wouldn't it be better to deal with it via PM's?

edit:// mank smells. ;/

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Why?

I have nothing to hide and if it goes to a court of law it is public domain.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
And me and lots of other people would be witnesses - we've seen the evidence and made police statements.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
I for one would really like to see this "proof" :)

Sar

Part of the furniture
I'd love to see Raphidae's proof as well.

C'mon ya big hairy mary, show us!

Sharma

Can't get enough of FH
This is the point where he stops posting on these boards because he knows he's not got fuck all to prove with.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
I advise a redirect, 'Raphidaesucksdonkeycocksinhell.com' to 'barrysworld.com' would be nice.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Which would in turn lead to a shop.game.net site just like every domain and sub domain ever used by bw.com currently does.

Paradroid

Fledgling Freddie
~Yuckfou~ said:

wha..?

This has to be the most interesting thread in fekin ages.

I want photos of a pissed-off Deebs (arms folded) with a PC displaying BW.com in the background - News of the World stylee:

News of the World Photo Caption said:
"I was robbed!"

(*Page 4, so when you hold the paper up to the light a pair of boobies are superimposed as funky specs*)

:D

raphidae

Loyal Freddie
Deebs said:
Ok,

Time I jumped in on this. I am named in the WIPO case as being the seller. I never sold the domain, was never approached and signed a sworn statement to that fact at the NHTCU (National High Tech Crime Unit or whatever it is called in Canary Wharf).

The domain was illegally obtained by identity theft and I would stand up in any real court, not some pissy wipo hearing where the judge was sat in Australia, and swear the same.

I saw "my signature" and laughed out loud. It was clearly a forgery done by a 4yr old. I would like you to provide proof of how I was allegedly paid (no doubt you will say cash to cover your arse, if so, how did the cash get to me?).

Also, as soon as the company went into liquidation, ALL ASSETS belonged to the administrators of the company, not me. So I could not legally sell it even if I wanted to.

So, provide the real proof that a real court of law would want to see as to how you obtained the domain. WIPO are a waste of space and clearly don't know their arse from their elbow.

Your mailer is fucked, I wasn't aware that the thread was reopened.

Actually, the money was sent by international money order, from my company, by registered courier. As we are throwing evidence on the table I'll see if I can request a copy of the money order from my bank and scan it. I'll in any case scan the proof of delivery of the courier this week.

Anyhow, if you are urging me to produce proof, you wouldn't mind producing some yourself? I'm sure you have proof of this alledged identity-theft, as you are demanding some from me.

I'm curious about how someone can take control of your email address, your fax number and your postal address.

And as for your rant about WIPO, you can't just yell 'HE STOLE IT, IT WAS IDENTITY THEFT' while not producing any evidence that supports that claim and in the meanwhile add a bunch of contracts that are missing crucial pages and forms that are mostly empty. If my company lawyer was comic book guy from the Simpsons he would have said 'Worst complaint ever', but now he just laughed his ass off.

Anyway, I'll scan in the proof of delivery as soon as I'm at the office and post it here, and in the meanwhile you round up your sizable stack of evidence. I think that's fair enough.

Paradroid

Fledgling Freddie
...unless...

Drunk2.jpg

:D

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
raphidae said:
Some shit

I'd be interested to see how Deebs could have legally sold a domain name that he couldn't sell since, as he quite rightly pointed out, the company was in liquidation.....

I had a whole post of sh1t but this is what I really want to say:

:kissit:

Whipped

Part of the furniture
I'm curious about how someone can take control of your email address, your fax number and your postal address.
For someone with your supposed past history and "Hacking Superstar" title I'd have thought you'd know this can be done and may even know ways of doing it ;)
Anyway, I'll scan in the proof of delivery as soon as I'm at the office and post it here, and in the meanwhile you round up your sizable stack of evidence. I think that's fair enough.
Now, now. No sending off a random peice of paper to the UK and then shopping the date on the image ;)

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
raphidae said:
Your mailer is fucked, I wasn't aware that the thread was reopened.

Actually, the money was sent by international money order, from my company, by registered courier. As we are throwing evidence on the table I'll see if I can request a copy of the money order from my bank and scan it. I'll in any case scan the proof of delivery of the courier this week.

Anyhow, if you are urging me to produce proof, you wouldn't mind producing some yourself? I'm sure you have proof of this alledged identity-theft, as you are demanding some from me.

And as for your rant about WIPO, you can't just yell 'HE STOLE IT, IT WAS IDENTITY THEFT' while not producing any evidence that supports that claim and in the meanwhile add a bunch of contracts that are missing crucial pages and forms that are mostly empty. If my company lawyer was comic book guy from the Simpsons he would have said 'Worst complaint ever', but now he just laughed his ass off.

Now this will be interesting to see the bank account details it was sent to. Who said anything about email addresses or fax numbers ? Impersonation over the phone is also identity theft you know, and we all know how good Verisign were at security back then.

Also as I previously mentioned, I was not in a position at the time of the alledged sale to legally sell it to you. Something which your Company lawyer would have questioned surely?

The bottom line is that I will stand up in any court of law, open all my banking details to the courts, swear that the signature on your paperwork is forged (and provide copies of my signature from the last 8 years, and get a writing expert to show that the forged signature is not of my hand).

I also certainly didn't click any buttons on the versign website to transfer the domain away from my account. Wonder how that happened.

raphidae

Loyal Freddie
Deebs said:
Now this will be interesting to see the bank account details it was sent to. Who said anything about email addresses or fax numbers ? Impersonation over the phone is also identity theft you know, and we all know how good Verisign were at security back then.

Also as I previously mentioned, I was not in a position at the time of the alledged sale to legally sell it to you. Something which your Company lawyer would have questioned surely?

The bottom line is that I will stand up in any court of law, open all my banking details to the courts, swear that the signature on your paperwork is forged (and provide copies of my signature from the last 8 years, and get a writing expert to show that the forged signature is not of my hand).

I also certainly didn't click any buttons on the versign website to transfer the domain away from my account. Wonder how that happened.

My lawyer was not really concerned, mainly because it doesn't matter if the seller has the right to sell the domain or not if he is the administrative contact. An administrative contact is trusted by the registrant with full control over the domain and so anyone may assume that what is done with it by the same contact is trusted and condoned by the registrant. If this assumption is wrong, it is the registrants problem that they misplaced their trust. The registrant can at best file a civil suit against the former administrative contact for causing monetary damage and possible loss of business.

And wether you or someone who stole your identity clicked the agree button is of no relevance to me. It is clearly stated in the Verisign agreement that an user will be responsible for his own account at all times. There is an paragraph explicitly including identity theft afaik, because if that happens the user has failed to adequately secure his account.

Oh, and what was sent was an international check, it was not a bank transfer.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
raphidae said:
My lawyer was not really concerned, mainly because it doesn't matter if the seller has the right to sell the domain or not if he is the administrative contact. An administrative contact is trusted by the registrant with full control over the domain and so anyone may assume that what is done with it by the same contact is trusted and condoned by the registrant. If this assumption is wrong, it is the registrants problem that they misplaced their trust. The registrant can at best file a civil suit against the former administrative contact for causing monetary damage and possible loss of business.

And wether you or someone who stole your identity clicked the agree button is of no relevance to me. It is clearly stated in the Verisign agreement that an user will be responsible for his own account at all times. There is an paragraph explicitly including identity theft afaik, because if that happens the user has failed to adequately secure his account.

Oh, and what was sent was an international check, it was not a bank transfer.

So your argument is that Verisign don't care if identity theft has occured. Therefore you win.

woot for the wonders of teh intarweb \o/

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom