World of Tanks

Cadelin

Resident Freddy
Are you member of a clan called YARLY?

Lots of discounts this weekend if you want to buy/kit a new tank

Yes, joined it recently. It's the training clan for two other clans, SRSLY and ORLY both of which are active in CW. It's been much easier to get into platoons and there are loads of good players.

I have been trying to take advantage of the 5x experience multiplier to grind some new tanks. It has sent my win rate plummeting.

The line the T71 is in, is meant to be one of the best. I love the French scouts and the T71 is meant to be similar.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
nope they are all valid, but yea "im shit" as opposed to having an actual counter-argument.. sorry, whos the retard ? seriously.....

And what did you expect when all you do is rant about "bad game design" when it's pretty obvious you don't know what you're talking about?

You dying within 15 seconds of the game starting is without a shadow of a doubt, absolutely, 100% NOT the games fault. You most likely just rushed carelessly over the map at full speed not giving a fuck that you left the rest of your team behind and unable to support you.

I'm not even sure if you're being serious or if you're just trolling. I mean what the hell, you try a game you haven't played since beta and after just a few games (i'm guessing low tier at that) you bitch about bad game design?

What would you say to someone that claimed that same thing about WT after just having played a few games, not even having a full grasp about what costs real money or not? You'd dismiss the guy as fucking insane wouldn't you?

Yes, WoT has it's issues, no one is arguing that. But causing you to die after 15 seconds is certainly not one of them. That was just you being a scrub.

Just out of curiosity, what tier is your top tank and what tank is it?

SilverHood

FH is my second home
And what did you expect when all you do is rant about "bad game design" when it's pretty obvious you don't know what you're talking about?

You dying within 15 seconds of the game starting is without a shadow of a doubt, absolutely, 100% NOT the games fault. You most likely just rushed carelessly over the map at full speed not giving a fuck that you left the rest of your team behind and unable to support you.

I'm not even sure if you're being serious or if you're just trolling. I mean what the hell, you try a game you haven't played since beta and after just a few games (i'm guessing low tier at that) you bitch about bad game design?

What would you say to someone that claimed that same thing about WT after just having played a few games, not even having a full grasp about what costs real money or not? You'd dismiss the guy as fucking insane wouldn't you?

Yes, WoT has it's issues, no one is arguing that. But causing you to die after 15 seconds is certainly not one of them. That was just you being a scrub.

Just out of curiosity, what tier is your top tank and what tank is it?

Dying in 15 seconds takes a lot of work, but it does occasionally happen, even to the best of us. Happened to my E75 today, got scouted, detracked and shelled by 3x arty. GG. Straight back to the garage and into another tank.

I'm on in US TZ if anyone wants to platoon
http://www.noobmeter.com/player/eu/Koryvarn/502760393/

Lethul

FH is my second home
Is platoon MM broken?
As soon as i enter platoon i get 20-40% WR

Solo 40-60%

SilverHood

FH is my second home
Is platoon MM broken?
As soon as i enter platoon i get 20-40% WR

Solo 40-60%

Depends on what you drive. I find that if you all drive the same tank, you get a bad result. We've had some good success driving a mix heavy / mediums and TD's.

Lethul

FH is my second home
9 straight losses! Time to win!

Don't think I ever have had such a losing streak

Last edited:

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
Dying in 15 seconds takes a lot of work, but it does occasionally happen, even to the best of us. Happened to my E75 today, got scouted, detracked and shelled by 3x arty. GG. Straight back to the garage and into another tank.

Yes but you didn't die with 14 minutes 45 seconds left of the game did you? Also there are no arty in the game that i know of that has a 15 second reload that can both get into a tier 9 game and (even if 3 of them) shave off 1820 HP on an E-75 (ok sure one of them could have ammo racked you but come on).

Mabs said he died after 15 seconds of the game start. Not 15 seconds after being spotted and the game had gone on for 5 minutes already (at least that's how i read it).

@Mabs ok so your top tier is a tier 6 tank destroyer, fair enough. Means you've played enough to know how to not get killed 15 seconds into a game.. :)

Which still means you screwed up. Everyone does that. I've seen super unicums have total brain meltdowns and run their tanks right of a cliff while shooting at someone. Doesn't mean there's something wrong with the game that made that happen though. :)

Hell, even I'VE been known for the occasional brain fart... But i'm pretty crap to begin with so whatever. xD

SilverHood

FH is my second home
Yes but you didn't die with 14 minutes 45 seconds left of the game did you? Also there are no arty in the game that i know of that has a 15 second reload that can both get into a tier 9 game and (even if 3 of them) shave off 1820 HP on an E-75 (ok sure one of them could have ammo racked you but come on).

Mabs said he died after 15 seconds of the game start. Not 15 seconds after being spotted and the game had gone on for 5 minutes already (at least that's how i read it).

Yeah, 15 seconds in. Had to leave in shame! Not sure on exact turn of events, think BatChat detracked me and my side was facing x3 tier 9 & 10 arty

Anyone trying for the super pershing as part of this months mission? I made a good go at it, but currently with 3 countries around the 40k mark, 2 at the 20k mark, and 2 that havent hit 10k. The only way I can realistically see me do it is if I take time off work and play for a few days with premium, and even then, I have only 1 Japanese tank and 2 Chinese tanks.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
Yeah, 15 seconds in. Had to leave in shame! Not sure on exact turn of events, think BatChat detracked me and my side was facing x3 tier 9 & 10 arty

Ok fair enough, but are you absolutely sure it was arties that shot you? Because i've been looking at tank inspector and i just can't find an arty there with a reload of 15 seconds. the best i've found are the bat chat 155 55 with about ~30 seconds. If you said you died 40 - 45 seconds in i wouldn't have said anything, as that french tier 9 have the reload for that to be possible. But no other arty that i can find is faster then that.

Yes i know i should just drop it, but i can't! :)

SilverHood

FH is my second home
Ok fair enough, but are you absolutely sure it was arties that shot you? Because i've been looking at tank inspector and i just can't find an arty there with a reload of 15 seconds. the best i've found are the bat chat 155 55 with about ~30 seconds. If you said you died 40 - 45 seconds in i wouldn't have said anything, as that french tier 9 have the reload for that to be possible. But no other arty that i can find is faster then that.

Yes i know i should just drop it, but i can't! :)

3x arty + BC killed me in 15 seconds...

Lethul

FH is my second home
Unlocking T69 soon, then I can platoon a bit more again (T69, T49, Cromwell will be my main platoonable tanks. Can also purchase Hellcat if anyone wanna play some Hellcat duo/trio and have a T29 for T7 but don't really enjoy it much).
T71 is a bit unfriendly to platoon with but will be a keeper for me.

Seems to have extremly high exp needed for Mastery Badge though, managed a game with 9100 assisted damage and 1000 own damage and only got 2nd Mastery Badge :O

SilverHood

FH is my second home
Unlocking T69 soon, then I can platoon a bit more again (T69, T49, Cromwell will be my main platoonable tanks. Can also purchase Hellcat if anyone wanna play some Hellcat duo/trio and have a T29 for T7 but don't really enjoy it much).
T71 is a bit unfriendly to platoon with but will be a keeper for me.

Seems to have extremly high exp needed for Mastery Badge though, managed a game with 9100 assisted damage and 1000 own damage and only got 2nd Mastery Badge :O

T29 is an awesome tank once elited. It is very bulky though, and requires good positional knowledge to pull off. It can easily carry the entire team to victory, even in tier 8 games. Tier 9 games, you are mostly cannon fodder anyway.

I just finished the American super pershing mission over the weekend, brutal amount of WoT required, only played T29, T49 and T25 AT. The two days premium is nice. It's kind of an unfair mission to those who haven't already got tier 6-8 tanks in all the trees, it's pretty hard to grind up an entire tree in a month, let alone 2-3 trees. But ah well.

Lethul

FH is my second home
T29 is an awesome tank once elited. It is very bulky though, and requires good positional knowledge to pull off. It can easily carry the entire team to victory, even in tier 8 games. Tier 9 games, you are mostly cannon fodder anyway.

I just finished the American super pershing mission over the weekend, brutal amount of WoT required, only played T29, T49 and T25 AT. The two days premium is nice. It's kind of an unfair mission to those who haven't already got tier 6-8 tanks in all the trees, it's pretty hard to grind up an entire tree in a month, let alone 2-3 trees. But ah well.

Yeah it's really good but HT just does not suit me. I've had some amazing games in it but the gameplay is so slow!
I only have american tanks + cromwelll so that mission was way out of reach for me :p

My exp/wn8/damage/etc has all gone up lately but my WR keeps dropping. Annoying! :p

Cadelin

Resident Freddy

Did you finish just the American part of the mission or all nationalities? I managed to do the USSR step quite easily and might get the US step done as well, but no chance on the other 5!

In order to fully complete these big missions you do need to be prepared. What i have noticed is that every time they have these missions there will be a period of big bonuses (x5), as you said if you have a few Tier 6+ tanks in all lines then you can play them once for the daily bonus and really speed up the exp gain. On one of my tanks, I got almost 1500 base exp which gave me 7500 with the bonus. Doesn't happen every time but if you have a few tanks it will happen enough of the time.

SilverHood

FH is my second home
Did you finish just the American part of the mission or all nationalities? I managed to do the USSR step quite easily and might get the US step done as well, but no chance on the other 5!

In order to fully complete these big missions you do need to be prepared. What i have noticed is that every time they have these missions there will be a period of big bonuses (x5), as you said if you have a few Tier 6+ tanks in all lines then you can play them once for the daily bonus and really speed up the exp gain. On one of my tanks, I got almost 1500 base exp which gave me 7500 with the bonus. Doesn't happen every time but if you have a few tanks it will happen enough of the time.

I agree on being prepared. I missed the IS-6 one due to being with Family, but looks like if you did a decent stab at that one, you would be ready to ace this one. If I already had tier 6 elite tanks of each nation, it would have been super easy.

I had just done the American tree when I wrote that. I had 4 trees to about 20k after the first weekend due to x5. Did the American tree last weekend. Russian tree will be done after one game too. Germany half done. France on 20k, Britain and China on 10k, Jap on zero. I'm going to time my Russian premium for Friday after work, then grind out Germany and as much of France over weekend as I can, and then see where I stand in relation to British, Chinese and Japanese tanks. Public holiday on Monday, so could possibly get in a tonne of games.
If I know I can't make it, I'm going to get as wide into the trees as I can using my premium time, so that I'm ready for the next one! At least I have the garage slots after finishing this month!

SilverHood

FH is my second home
Yeah it's really good but HT just does not suit me. I've had some amazing games in it but the gameplay is so slow!
I only have american tanks + cromwelll so that mission was way out of reach for me :p

My exp/wn8/damage/etc has all gone up lately but my WR keeps dropping. Annoying! :p

Same, I lost 7 of 8 tiger two games. Lost 5 of 7 Tiger P games. 2000 WN8 :)

Urgat

Part of the furniture
Anyone playing EU?

Some fuckin seriously bad teams lately. If you fancy platooning add me...

I have tanks at all tiers.

And yes... The T57 line is great. Though the T69 suffers penetration issues sometimes. Nothing HEAT cant help though.

signature.png

Lethul

FH is my second home
Anyone playing EU?

Some fuckin seriously bad teams lately. If you fancy platooning add me...

I have tanks at all tiers.

And yes... The T57 line is great. Though the T69 suffers penetration issues sometimes. Nothing HEAT cant help though.

signature.png

I think most of us are EU.
I'll add you!

As I said, most of the time I play Light Tank though so not very platoon friendly atm.

Urgat

Part of the furniture
Lights are fine in competent platoons. You can either roll with all lights and troll the shit out of the enemy with vision control. Or pick appropriate tanks to fit the light tank matchmaking spread.

Eg... T71 regularly sees T10 matchmaking. No reason to not stick a 183 with it and let the light spot for the death-star :)

Urgat

Part of the furniture
If you're getting shot at in a T49. You're doing it wrong mate.

With a cammo crew a cammo net and binocs + bushes you can engage enemies at between 300 - 500 meters and never be seen.

Hell, vs t5 and t6 heavies you can fire in the open at 400m and stay hidden.

T49 is prob the best TD in the game tier for tier. It performs well in any match it gets if you use its strengths.

Last edited:

Cadelin

Resident Freddy
Same, I lost 7 of 8 tiger two games. Lost 5 of 7 Tiger P games. 2000 WN8 :)

If your win rate is dropping it means you aren't going to the correct place on the battlefield. If you are a heavy, in matches where you are top tier you need to go to the key battle points. You can drive around the edge of the map picking up easy kills and getting a great WN8 rate but it won't help your side win a battle.

Urgat

Part of the furniture
What Cad said.

Doing damage is important.

But doing the right damage at the right time, is key to victory.

SilverHood

FH is my second home
If your win rate is dropping it means you aren't going to the correct place on the battlefield. If you are a heavy, in matches where you are top tier you need to go to the key battle points. You can drive around the edge of the map picking up easy kills and getting a great WN8 rate but it won't help your side win a battle.

If I loose in a top tier heavy, it means my opponents were either much much better than my team, or more likely, my team were total scrubs who couldn't play to save their lives. I know where to go, but if half my team is dead before I make contact with an enemy tank, it doesn't matter. Anyway, it was a bad streak, I'm back to winning more games than I lose :)

Lethul

FH is my second home
If you're getting shot at in a T49. You're doing it wrong mate.

With a cammo crew a cammo net and binocs + bushes you can engage enemies at between 300 - 500 meters and never be seen.

Hell, vs t5 and t6 heavies you can fire in the open at 400m and stay hidden.

T49 is prob the best TD in the game tier for tier. It performs well in any match it gets if you use its strengths.

I know, I play quite good in it. I often have high damage multi kill games. The team just fails! (at least thats what I blame) I think individual stats on my T49 is good its just the WR that is bad. However my TD crew is just about to hit 100% so have no camo yet.
Yesterday it went a lot better for me, ended at around 70% wr (probably not because of me). I expect around 52-55 WR% usually.

Lethul

FH is my second home
MM has been kind to me for 3 straight days now. Probably because it was so evil last week :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom