World of Tanks

Cadelin

Resident Freddy
I assume both of you would be happy to platoon if we happen to be online at the same time?

http://www.noobmeter.com/player/eu/Thorgald/500029076/

Finding it slightly disturbing in an amusing kind of way that my performance rating is almost exactly identical to my win rate.... -.-

Which means that if i do bad my team almost always lose.... xD

I suspect this means you aren't going to the right spots on the battlefield to help your team. There are plenty of battles that I might die early on in and not do a huge amount of damage, but because I am in the right place, it has allowed other people on the team to live longer and do more damage so the team won. Even if I do badly, I am still tipping the scales of the battle in my team's favour where it matters most.

BTW, if you don't already, you should install some mods. There are plenty of mod packs which give you a range of mods. The most important mods are:
- XVM which shows players stats. Knowing who the good players are and who the bad players are on both yours and the enemies team is incredibly useful.
- Minimap mod which shows the last known position of (enemy) tanks. I am not sure why this isn't part of the default skin but once again it is incredibly useful to know where enemy tanks were last spotted, especially if you play a more mobile tank because you can exploit openings more easily.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
Yeah i tried XVM, used it in one battle and then instantly deleted it again. Since then i've played to many games where half my team just ended up quitting right after the loading screen because XVM said we didn't have a chance at winning.

It's the worst fucking mod ever devised for a game and i loathe WG for allowing it to live.

Athan

Resident Freddy
I found the main advantage of XVM was the easy tweakability of what other info was in the over-tank bars. I'd agree that too many idiots took the stats as an indicator of whether to quit before they'd even started. And that's with me not having played since 0.7.4 or so.

Perhaps I should re-install and check out all this 0.8 physics shenanigans sometime. Heck, I still have a buttload of gold on the account too.

Cadelin

Resident Freddy
Yeah i tried XVM, used it in one battle and then instantly deleted it again. Since then i've played to many games where half my team just ended up quitting right after the loading screen because XVM said we didn't have a chance at winning.

It's the worst fucking mod ever devised for a game and i loathe WG for allowing it to live.

I have not had that experience. There is the occasional player that just gives up, but real stat whores won't because it will affect their averages! Occasionally you do get a really terribly team but then you play defensive and try and last as long as you can.

I found the main advantage of XVM was the easy tweakability of what other info was in the over-tank bars. I'd agree that too many idiots took the stats as an indicator of whether to quit before they'd even started. And that's with me not having played since 0.7.4 or so.

Perhaps I should re-install and check out all this 0.8 physics shenanigans sometime. Heck, I still have a buttload of gold on the account too.

Lots of improvements since 0.7.4.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
Occasionally you do get a really terribly team

I think my real problem is that i try to play above my skill level. I watch quite a bit of Quickybabys videos, so i know what i SHOULD be doing most of the time. But i'm not a good enough player to actually follow through with it. Which frustrates me into making more mistakes.

Lethul

FH is my second home
I assume both of you would be happy to platoon if we happen to be online at the same time?

I suspect this means you aren't going to the right spots on the battlefield to help your team. There are plenty of battles that I might die early on in and not do a huge amount of damage, but because I am in the right place, it has allowed other people on the team to live longer and do more damage so the team won. Even if I do badly, I am still tipping the scales of the battle in my team's favour where it matters most.

BTW, if you don't already, you should install some mods. There are plenty of mod packs which give you a range of mods. The most important mods are:
- XVM which shows players stats. Knowing who the good players are and who the bad players are on both yours and the enemies team is incredibly useful.
- Minimap mod which shows the last known position of (enemy) tanks. I am not sure why this isn't part of the default skin but once again it is incredibly useful to know where enemy tanks were last spotted, especially if you play a more mobile tank because you can exploit openings more easily.

Sure, I'm almost exclusivly playing Cromwell (Tier 6) and sometimes T29 (Tier 7). So if you have any tanks who might fit with those it would be preferable :p

Im griding T21 (Tier 6) as well but don't wanna platoon with it since its a light tank.

Athan

Resident Freddy
I've picked this up again in the last few days. Spent the first two playing Tiers 1-6 to get to grips with things again, but now seem to be alternating me tier-9 E75 with tier-8 IS-3.

I don't think I'm going to get mega-serious about it this time (joined a clan and did Tank Company battles before) though.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
Been trying out the new patch after taking a bit of a break, not doing brilliantly because of fearing the random crashes that's occurring at the moment.

Worst crash was yesterday in my T-150. Had a suicidal Hellcat in my sights 45 seconds into the game, zoomed in had a perfect flank shot lined up, pulled the trigger and..... "OOOOH, HI THERE DESKTOP!" :p

I'm also trying XVM again but i'm just not good enough to make use of the information it provides.

Besides, knowing who the good players are seems to effect my playstyle negatively. Though i'll keep it for the time being hoping i'll get used to it.

But yeah, if i'm online and one of you feel like dragging me along in a platoon i suppose i'm up for a game or two. Not gonna use voice coms though so there's that...

Thinking about grinding through the A-20 to get the T-34 so i have at least one of the HD tanks. :)

Oh and the Churchill III in historical battles are a fucking NIGHTMARE! :cry:

Lethul

FH is my second home
Unlucky Cadelin, first time in 4 weeks I'm in a full Platoon :p

Mabs

J Peasemould Gruntfuttock
tried this again the other day, still cant get into it, cant abide the "1 tank, you die, wait for map to end". prefer the War THunder approach of having all your vehicles each map, and with tanks now coming out, will stick with that.

still waiting on one of them to do ships tho

Lethul

FH is my second home
Why dont you just go back to Garage and play another tank?
I personally like the 1 tank approach. Makes you have to play more carefully and not yolo as much.

Mabs

Why dont you just go back to Garage and play another tank?
I personally like the 1 tank approach. Makes you have to play more carefully and not yolo as much.

which is fine until you end up being outgunned by some P2W scrub who has all the uber upgrades?

Lethul

FH is my second home
P2W uber upgrades? Afaik nothing as that exists in the game (maybe the Type 59 but it is not possible to buy it anymore).

Mabs

aah so you can no longer buy the best ammo in the game and the consumables for real cash only ? must of changed that

Lethul

FH is my second home
Everything (except permanent ingame camo/decals/etc) can be bought for ingame currency.

Mabs

Everything (except permanent ingame camo/decals/etc) can be bought for ingame currency.

yea just had a look, there is a Gold or Ingame option now, pretty sure there wasnt when i last played it properly around end of beta

but yea, just had a go to see if its as bad as i recalled, spawned, died in about 15 seconds to some random jenk in a higher tier vehicle , so worth the time spent trying to find a game, loading in, waiting 30 secs etc, more time "waiting" and "loading" than playing, yea no thanks

as i said, its a shitty design :)

Lethul

FH is my second home
ergo: you are shit ;)

I think improving your defensive play (if you are bottom tier you should not run straight in to their top tier tanks after 15s). Let the game play itself and help your top tiers.

This tip will most likely improve your War Thunder stats as well :)

Last edited:

Mabs

ergo: you are shit ;)

I think improving your defensive play (if you are bottom tier you should not run straight in to their top tier tanks after 15s). Let the game play itself and help your top tiers.

This tip will most likely improve your War Thunder stats as well :)

my war thunder stats are fine, ergo, WoT is shit... ;)

its a bad design , end of story

Cadelin

Resident Freddy
yea just had a look, there is a Gold or Ingame option now, pretty sure there wasnt when i last played it properly around end of beta

but yea, just had a go to see if its as bad as i recalled, spawned, died in about 15 seconds to some random jenk in a higher tier vehicle , so worth the time spent trying to find a game, loading in, waiting 30 secs etc, more time "waiting" and "loading" than playing, yea no thanks

as i said, its a shitty design :)

I can think of about 2 maps where it is even possible to die in 15 seconds. But sure blame it on game design for you being a terribad.

Mabs

and again with missing the point, jesus some people really dont have the common sense god gave a brick, but yea, im "terribad" and its not a design fault at all, no , of course not.. silly cunt

Lethul

FH is my second home
Now you are just slinging shit for the sake of it. It still seems that a massive amount of people prefers WoT design over War Thunder (even when 95% is a direct copy). There is no p2w, there is no unfair MM (you will be top tier as much as bottom), and it is possible without a doubt to make a big difference or be top in the team even when bottom tier.

How does War Thunder handle matchmaking? Is it only same tier games?

Mabs

Now you are just slinging shit for the sake of it. It still seems that a massive amount of people prefers WoT design over War Thunder (even when 95% is a direct copy). There is no p2w, there is no unfair MM (you will be top tier as much as bottom), and it is possible without a doubt to make a big difference or be top in the team even when bottom tier.

How does War Thunder handle matchmaking? Is it only same tier games?

not really
people win, people lose, thats how it goes, but if you arent winning, you are spending most of your time NOT ACTUALLY PLAYING, which is shockingly bad
how is that meant to be fun for new people ?
and dont tell me "oh maintain more than 2 tanks " thats a wank money pit :p

not sure what you mean by 95% copy either ? WoTANKS is, a tank game, and are moving into WoWarplanes, and eventually ships
WT is a flying game that is now moving into tanks, and eventually boats
yea they are similair in design but then so are all games in a genre ? /shrug

there is no P2W? you can swipe a credit card to gain an advantage, thats how P2W works. WT has similair system of "speed up research". however it doesnt cost anything to buy ammo types, or paint your plane, as opposed to paying for camo schemes....

MM in wt is based on the BR of the planes you have, averaged out. ie if youre flying a full rack of BF109s, they are spread 3.0, 3.3, 3.7.. so you end up effective 3.3

but again if you are flying with 6 crews in, you get 6 lives per map, so even if you are outskilled or out MMd, you still get a decent go, and yea people get shot down in the first 40secs, but they dont then get dumped to a "you lost, sit and wait for the map to finish" screen. thats the difference

Cadelin

Resident Freddy
and again with missing the point, jesus some people really dont have the common sense god gave a brick, but yea, im "terribad" and its not a design fault at all, no , of course not.. silly cunt

No, it is you who is missing the point. This is a thread about World of Tanks, and it is helping the few of us who play it on this board get in contact and play together.

Sure, you can express your opinion that you didn't enjoy the game and even post some constructive reasons which we can answers but if you are going to come in here and say: "I died, game is shit" then you deserved to be mocked for the retard you are. All your complaints so far are just wrong.

Mabs

No, it is you who is missing the point. This is a thread about World of Tanks, and it is helping the few of us who play it on this board get in contact and play together.

Sure, you can express your opinion that you didn't enjoy the game and even post some constructive reasons which we can answers but if you are going to come in here and say: "I died, game is shit" then you deserved to be mocked for the retard you are. All your complaints so far are just wrong.

nope they are all valid, but yea "im shit" as opposed to having an actual counter-argument.. sorry, whos the retard ? seriously.....

Cadelin

Resident Freddy
nope they are all valid, but yea "im shit" as opposed to having an actual counter-argument.. sorry, whos the retard ? seriously.....

Lets go through your arguments then....

which is fine until you end up being outgunned by some P2W scrub who has all the uber upgrades?

As already discussed this is wrong. You can buy all upgrades without using real cash.

You died in 15 seconds because you are an idiot.

If you do die early in a battle then you can switch to another tank. Even an entirely free account gives you 6 tanks slots so there is no reason you can't use more than one.

I would say it takes about 1 - 2 minutes between battles. On average a normal player will be fighting for 4 - 8 minutes so thats 80% of your time fighting, 20% time, in the garage, loading, waiting for match making, waiting for battles to start.

I am not forcing you to play the game, if you don't like it just leave this thread.

Mabs

Lets go through your arguments then....

As already discussed this is wrong. You can buy all upgrades without using real cash.

You died in 15 seconds because you are an idiot.

If you do die early in a battle then you can switch to another tank. Even an entirely free account gives you 6 tanks slots so there is no reason you can't use more than one.

I would say it takes about 1 - 2 minutes between battles. On average a normal player will be fighting for 4 - 8 minutes so thats 80% of your time fighting, 20% time, in the garage, loading, waiting for match making, waiting for battles to start.

I am not forcing you to play the game, if you don't like it just leave this thread.

i might have just had a bad time of day when i tried it, but i waited about 2 mins for a matchmaking, + loading time + 30 sec spawn protection, seemed an awfully long time for not much actual play time

Lethul

FH is my second home
Yep, loving it. They have made it significantly fairer in that you can now buy gold ammo for credits. It's expensive, but it means you can always have a few rounds ready if you need it. They have also added more maps, Japanese tech tree and a bunch of other improvements recently.

My profile:
http://www.noobmeter.com/player/eu/yournamehere/511779034/

Are you member of a clan called YARLY?

Lots of discounts this weekend if you want to buy/kit a new tank

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom