World of Tanks

georgie

FH is my second home
So, another marathon starts tomorrow for a tier 8 premium. Anyone here thinking of partaking?

I did the previous ones (IS6, Wz 111, etc) and they were bad enough. Not sure I cba with this one.

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
I don't have a lot of time atm. I think QB did an analysis of how much time you have to put in and for a player of my current level it's not doable. I'm better off reaching the first or second tier and then simply buying the rest of the package.

TdC

lol that must have caused quite a bit of rage

SilverHood

FH is my second home
I don't have a lot of time atm. I think QB did an analysis of how much time you have to put in and for a player of my current level it's not doable. I'm better off reaching the first or second tier and then simply buying the rest of the package.

They have always been super hard to get. I tried for the IS-6 when it was on, got through Germany, USSR, USA and UK, didn't have any non light French or Jap tanks, so failed. Even now, I just don't have enough tanks at the right level to to get it. 150k damage and 150 enemy vehicles destroyed at tier 4 and above is seriously hard work. I recon I can do it on my USSR, German and Yank T29, but everything else, not so sure. I like that they least provide a fail safe option, so you can do what you can and buy the progress for the remainder.

This is it I think. Basically unrealistic.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nn4Tch6lUUY

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
Those mission events are really only there for those that have all or close to all other tanks unlocked.

SilverHood

FH is my second home
Those mission events are really only there for those that have all or close to all other tanks unlocked.

I decided to have a go at the Russian and American ones. Managed to get to about 20% in a few hours of play, mostly playing T-29, IS-3 and IS-7. Was easier than anticipated, even if my stats took a beating as I lost 10 games in a row with my IS-7. It's just a redundant armoured bathtub in majority of games, but always good for a few kills.

TdC

Played some fun games with @georgie and his mate today and we basically got shat on by the matchmaker in most of them. We quit for the evening, and I decided to get that proverbial last game in. Turns out to be my first ace-tanker in my SU-85. Aces are rare for me so I really enjoy getting them.

SU-85_ace-tanker.png
Good times :)

georgie

FH is my second home
So where are these Ace Tankers of yours when we're playing together? :rolleyes:

TdC

they remain elusive. frankly I blame Tootz.

SilverHood

FH is my second home
I haven't gotten an Ace Tanker in ages. I did get a 1st Class on my IS-7 the other day, which shows how low the bar is.

TdC

I dunno what's happened to me today but it's really nice! First I got an Ace on my KV-1, second one ever :)

KV-1_ace-tanker.png

Then I played a few games with @georgie, and after he'd quit for the evening this happened.

IS-3_ace-tanker.png

Gosh, I kid you not but I had to have a glass of the creature after that last one. Those kind of games just....don't....happen to me. Like ever. Until today :)

georgie

FH is my second home
Then I played a few games with @georgie, and after he'd quit for the evening this happened.

Gosh, I kid you not but I had to have a glass of the creature after that last one. Those kind of games just....don't....happen to me. Like ever. Until today :)

lol, all the awards for you.

That's why we were shit, it was saving all the juju for that game for you. Hence, your fault. See? Always your fault.

Seriously though, that's a monster game. Nice one. :)

Dick. :p

TdC

It was man, it was. And you know what? The whole game I had no clue I was doing anything extra ordinary!

The moment I thought "ooh, this is actually going pretty well!" was when it dawned on me at about 80% of the game that I'd only taken one penetrating hit at that point.

SilverHood

FH is my second home
Man, steaming turds of players this weekend, easily the worst I've experienced in many months, especially at higher tiers. Just can't catch a break :)

TdC

had some games over the weekend after some time away. gosh. while wotlabs tells me I was my normal, mediocre self with approx 50:50 W/L split, I basically felt like I was losing every game. additionally the complete randomness of where shots go irked me.

I found myself getting aggravated by the fact that I could be fully aimed at someone 50m away and would miss, whereas ridiculously inaccurate guns will hit ME from half the map away. the occasional thrill of snapshotting some fast moving LT with a derp started to not work its magic any more. I found myself in a mindset where I was always assuming the RNG would be against me, and so would just not bother to take shots where I normally would have.

anyway, I managed to grind through the T-150 (which I loved) into the KV-3 (which I hate), and I have about 40K XP yet to go on the IS-3 to get into the T-10. I suppose I'll see what that brings me.

SilverHood

FH is my second home
I loved my T10, it had better gun that IS7, treat it like a slow medium or a long range sniper and you will do fine, as it can't take much punishment. Had to sell it for money to get my IS7, kinda regret that now.

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
Agreed, but after the IS6 I had high hopes for T10 and unfortunately tried the same playstyle - went pretty badly :) Your right that as a sniper and medium play style it works ok but 90% of the time your matched against heavy Tier 10's and you have to play the part or the team suffers even more.

I gave up playing it unless I was with regiment team mates.

TdC

sooooo I powered through the KV-3. I must admit, when the gun behaves itself....hooo boy it's awesome. unfortunately for me that's only like 1:3 games :(

anyway, I need to get some 3M credits to buy the T-10 t IX tank, OR! some 2.6M to buy the KV-4 t VIII tank. what to do, what to do?

Urgat

Part of the furniture
sooooo I powered through the KV-3. I must admit, when the gun behaves itself....hooo boy it's awesome. unfortunately for me that's only like 1:3 games :(

anyway, I need to get some 3M credits to buy the T-10 t IX tank, OR! some 2.6M to buy the KV-4 t VIII tank. what to do, what to do?

If you understand how to effectively angle armour, the KV4 is MONSTEROUS in a same-tiered game.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
Not to mention that the KV-4 has the added bonus of being a pretty hilarious rammer...

TdC

Woo well I got the KV-4! ....and then proceeded to have a run of the most shite games imaginable. XVM said something like between 14 and 44% for each. So, 4 games, 4 losses in the KV-4 :)
Over the course of the evening I prolly averaged a 30% WR. Best game of the evening happened while getting screamed at for 15 mins by some random SP1C who'd gotten caught out of position and focused down. Duderino decided it was magically my fault and proceeded to berate everything I did for the rest of the game. That game was a win for my T54 mod. 1 and I ended up 3rd with 3 kills and 2.2K damage done. Last chat message of the game was the dude screaming how bad I was. Always nice :)

TdC

Woo well I got the KV-4! ....and then proceeded to have a run of the most shite games imaginable. XVM said something like between 14 and 44% for each. So, 4 games, 4 losses in the KV-4 :)
Over the course of the evening I prolly averaged a 30% WR. Best game of the evening happened while getting screamed at for 15 mins by some random SP1C who'd gotten caught out of position and focused down. Duderino decided it was magically my fault and proceeded to berate everything I did for the rest of the game. That game was a win for my T54 mod. 1 and I ended up 3rd with 3 kills and 2.2K damage done. Last chat message of the game was the dude screaming how bad I was. Always nice :)

results say: 40% WR, 11% survival rate. 0.63 K/D. poor, very poor :(

TdC

woo, even worse games! I think I played 15 KV-4 matches this evening. top tier....twice? died....always. won....3 times? arty chooses KV-4 over anything and everything else all of the time :(

TdC

ooooh my first decent game happened today 4 kills, 2.8K dmg, 2.6K assist dmg, steel wall, 1st class mastery, etc etc. only took ~30 games to get it heh. good times!

TdC

Wellllll over the weekend I got an ace and two different marks of excellence. that's good.

on the bad side, I think today I managed 5% win-rate. I've had teams throw away 80% games. In one game I've been matched (I use the term loosely) up with a full team of red / orange players against a team of yellows, greens and two purples. I've died in the first minute of a game only to see in the results that I came top in the rankings and was responsible for half the team's kills (1). I only got the ace, in my Bishop, because I played some arty games just to see if it would break the streak (hint: it didn't). Whooo boy, the frustration. Holy hell :(

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Holy hell :(
I'm finding the same in CS:GO (casual) - creaming through the NME, rest of the team make *no* kills. And that's with a disfunctional keyboard and mouse :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom