Why is Midgard SUCH EASY MODE ???!

Z

zmurf

Originally posted by loxleyhood
I happen to be a teenager, and I am well aware that I am superior mentally to many adults on these boards, but not to name names of course.

This statement really made me laugh, thx mate ...

You must be brilliant if u get to this conclusion from board posts, as many put on a different attitude / mentality online compared to their irl attitude / mentality ... Don't make such conlusions u have no way of backing up, just makes u look foolish ...

H

hotrat

Originally posted by infozwerg
i never stated that i wanted to make the game harder for me. and fyi i play alb atm.
You said before you were a critblade :)

True you didnt say you wanted the game to be harder/easier for you. You did say that you think your choice should effect how hard the game is, which I agree with but it should be your choice of class that makes it hard, not your choice of realm.

As it is now its choice of realm and choice of class, for example those choosing to roll a savage obviously want an easy time in rvr.

X

Xeanor

Playing your so-called "hard mode" doesn't give more satisfaction,

it just makes you invest time and still have a gimped char after all the time you've put into it, and gets you frustrated so much you don't really want to play it anymore.

H

hotrat

Originally posted by Xeanor
Playing your so-called "hard mode" doesn't give more satisfaction,

it just makes you invest time and still have a gimped char after all the time you've put into it, and gets you frustrated so much you don't really want to play it anymore.
I assume your talking about yourself here, and I do agree it can be frustrating, hence I have also rolled a pac healer on prywden who I can play (usually I play him when its too zergie on excal not cus im frustrated by being beaten though).

I however do get a lot more satisfaction from winning a fight vs a mid fotm group then vs a random mid group and those fights make my sorc worth playing. I always prefer a hard fight, whether I win or lose, easy fights are just boring.

P

parzi

haha such funnay whine thread :D
pandora is now back on alb dartmoor and tbh while mid may be a bit easyer a well put together albgrp can do pretty well too and all this whajn is just pathetic :p

oh well was just bored, imo giv more whines to read

L

loxleyhood

Originally posted by zmurf

You must be brilliant if u get to this conclusion from board posts, as many put on a different attitude / mentality online compared to their irl attitude / mentality ... Don't make such conlusions u have no way of backing up, just makes u look foolish ...

Are you suggesting people are going out of their way to pretend they're idiots?

A

Archeon

Originally posted by loxleyhood
Are you suggesting people are going out of their way to pretend they're idiots?

No, but you can say things on forums you can't say to people when your standing face to face with them. To give an example would you tell sombody you hardly know they need to fuck off and die?

I

infozwerg

You said before you were a critblade :)

no.

but it should be your choice of class that makes it hard, not your choice of realm.
i agree, but choosing a realm doesnt make it any harder or easier atm. it just gives you a different set of excuses.

As it is now its choice of realm and choice of class, for example those choosing to roll a savage obviously want an easy time in rvr.
some ppl rolling savages experience an easy time in rvr. i experience an easy time in rvr because our albion group beats svg fotm groups with ease. (tbh we get owned by hibs atm, i blame it on lack of practice and general overpoweredness of hibs). conclusion: some ppl roll savages and experience a hard time in rvr, especially if they meet my group. ^^

so are savages overpowered? i dont have a clue. there are some bugs with svg that influence dam output that will be fixed and some cosmetic changes, ill hold my judgment until i can experience rvr then. my playing experience now hints on no, not overpowered at all, at least not more overpowered than other dualwielders.

ps: no, hibs are not generaly overpowered, that was irony.

H

hotrat

i mean, i am a critblade and i did pa cd on an infiltrator and then he just wtfpwned me with his purge, df, and him being 5 rr higher than me and uberbuffed with mota4 buffs, its not fair!
i agree, but choosing a realm doesnt make it any harder or easier atm. it just gives you a different set of excuses
Most people agree mid is the easiest realm to win in, 5 sec insta interupt on healer, savage taunt, insane quad rate, 8 sec recast on pbae disease.

Ok I agree rolling a savage doesn't instantly mean easy mode, you need to group with other good players and classes as well, but once you have the fotm setup you will find it easier than if you were in other realms in their fotm setups.

Savages generally don't seem to overpowered until they score 2 or 3 quads in a row, or evade slam 5 times in a row, or burn a insta end regen as they chase you etc.

S

schinkaar

Originally posted by hotrat

Savages generally don't seem to overpowered until they score 2 or 3 quads in a row, or evade slam 5 times in a row, or burn a insta end regen as they chase you etc.

2 quads in a row = 1%, will change to 0.01%
3 quads in a row = .1% will change to 0.0001%
evade slam 5 times in a row = ~3% chance, with capped evade.

This doesnt however proove anything.

Now you could say that savage groups seems overpowered, especially if you only take excal into consideration. On the other hand if you take dartmore, prydwen and excal into consideration you have 2 sav groups that consistently win over albs, and 2 alb groups that consistently wins over sav grps (PE and Estat).

This doesnt really proove anything either.

Now, one does imply that you just arent good enuff to beat a svg grp. The other imply that you are, and possibly even better than the sav grp players. Reasoning objectivly, why whould you take one arguement over the other?

J

Jerelyn

Originally posted by Archeon
No, but you can say things on forums you can't say to people when your standing face to face with them. To give an example would you tell sombody you hardly know they need to fuck off and die?

time to get a plane ticket to England :p

-Jerelyn

P

Pin

Originally posted by schinkaar
2 quads in a row = 1%, will change to 0.01%
3 quads in a row = .1% will change to 0.0001%

Actually nope. IF we said there was a 10% chance to land a quad on any given swing (which is incorrect anyway, more like 15%+ depending on amount of DR), the it's true that a Savage has a 1% chance to walk up to someone and land 2 quads in a row on him.

Or 1% of consecutive pairs of combat rounds contains 2 quads.

But that doesn't mean he has a 1% chance to land 2 quads in a row.

You could view it as:

chance to land 2 quads in a row = chance to land a quad after you have already landed a quad = 10% chance (or 15% or whatever).

Or you could view it as:

Savage has 5 rounds of combat on a person = 4 consecutive pairs of combat rounds = 4% chance of quad (or 9% or whatever).

Or however many rounds it takes to flatten someone.

Now you could say that savage groups seems overpowered, especially if you only take excal into consideration. On the other hand if you take dartmore, prydwen and excal into consideration you have 2 sav groups that consistently win over albs, and 2 alb groups that consistently wins over sav grps (PE and Estat).

Maybe...

Dartmoor and Prydwen, low population servers => Longer time between fights => more chance that SoS, BoF, SB are up => more chance for 'tough' Albs to win consistently against 'tough' opposition.

Excalibur, high population server => Almost no time between fights => crucial RAs down most of the time => less chance for 'tough' Albs to win against 'tough' opposition.

--------------------------------------------------

Anyway, currently the most unbalanced factor is that a well-played Mid group with 3 Healers can remove all healing and CC (bar instants and QC) from an Alb group via atk spd debuff, while the Savages take out support.

Bring on 1.63. Let Clerics heal much more freely, let Sorcerers CC much more freely. Bring _some_ balance.

S

schinkaar

Originally posted by Pin
Actually nope. IF we said there was a 10% chance to land a quad on any given swing (which is incorrect anyway, more like 15%+ depending on amount of DR), the it's true that a Savage has a 1% chance to walk up to someone and land 2 quads in a row on him.

Or 1% of consecutive pairs of combat rounds contains 2 quads.

But that doesn't mean he has a 1% chance to land 2 quads in a row.

You could view it as:

chance to land 2 quads in a row = chance to land a quad after you have already landed a quad = 10% chance (or 15% or whatever).

Or you could view it as:

Savage has 5 rounds of combat on a person = 4 consecutive pairs of combat rounds = 4% chance of quad (or 9% or whatever).

Or however many rounds it takes to flatten someone.

Maybe...

Dartmoor and Prydwen, low population servers => Longer time between fights => more chance that SoS, BoF, SB are up => more chance for 'tough' Albs to win consistently against 'tough' opposition.

Excalibur, high population server => Almost no time between fights => crucial RAs down most of the time => less chance for 'tough' Albs to win against 'tough' opposition.

--------------------------------------------------

Anyway, currently the most unbalanced factor is that a well-played Mid group with 3 Healers can remove all healing and CC (bar instants and QC) from an Alb group via atk spd debuff, while the Savages take out support.

Bring on 1.63. Let Clerics heal much more freely, let Sorcerers CC much more freely. Bring _some_ balance.

When parzi logged it it was 11.3%, i dont know the standard deviation(sp?) since it was "a night in emain". that was with DR1 tho. And afaik landing 2 quads in a row translates into the probability of doing so in 2 hits, since there was now specification of how many tries you get on this i assumed it was 2. The point of it was not to show the chances of any event tho, savages could quad 100% of the time but unless you establish a "overpowered" condition it will not matter.

Now regarding serverpopulation you assume there is a linear relationship betwean population and RvR-activity. I might aswell say its logarithmic, arguing that a RvR-zone only takes a certain amount of players before the players choose another non-filled zone.

We could even make a comparison where emain is excali and odins is pryd. Whould albions finest then win in odins?

O

old.anubis

Originally posted by Aussie-
spamming spreadheal and abusing asd :great:
notice how good healers are at wasting a full powbar in 10sec :D

Originally posted by -frostor-
i rather call it : making 100% use of ur char

:great:

A

ab_fluid

no.

i agree, but choosing a realm doesnt make it any harder or easier atm. it just gives you a different set of excuses.

some ppl rolling savages experience an easy time in rvr. i experience an easy time in rvr because our albion group beats svg fotm groups with ease. (tbh we get owned by hibs atm, i blame it on lack of practice and general overpoweredness of hibs). conclusion: some ppl roll savages and experience a hard time in rvr, especially if they meet my group. ^^

so are savages overpowered? i dont have a clue. there are some bugs with svg that influence dam output that will be fixed and some cosmetic changes, ill hold my judgment until i can experience rvr then. my playing experience now hints on no, not overpowered at all, at least not more overpowered than other dualwielders.

ps: no, hibs are not generaly overpowered, that was irony.

No doubt you have your reasons for not thinking savages are overpowered and that you're grp is good osv, but in all honesty how can you think such a huge percentage of the community and a LOT of threads on the matter of savages and midgard in general being the overpowered out of the 3 realms on these boards and also on VNboards don't have a point, just look at rp figures over all servers and how far ahead savages are in general that the people whining about savages have no idea what they r talking about.

I

infozwerg

but in all honesty how can you think such a huge percentage of the community and a LOT of threads on the matter of savages and midgard in general being the overpowered out of the 3 realms on these boards and also on VNboards don't have a point,

i dont believe lowering wages will result in more jobs, i dont believe iraq has weapons of mass destruction, dont believe homosexuality is determined by your genes and i dont believe there is a god in the sky, still a lot of smart ppl say stuff like that.

why should i believe in all that whine from clueless stupid noobs and trolls?

Z

zlair

19 pages and still going strong.

i recon many ppl feel like nerfing mids.

(donno rly, didnt read page 2-18 tbh) :p

H

hotrat

We could even make a comparison where emain is excali and odins is pryd. Whould albions finest then win in odins? [/B]
Yes we would have more chance to win in odins for exactly the reason Pin said, more chance to have SoS and BoF and MoC up etc. Trouble with odins is its often filled with 2 or 3 roaming alb groups and never enough enemy groups :(

Anyway the true way to see which class is overpowered is just to see how many people are playing them, I look in mid and all I see now are savages, healers, shamans, skalds and a few warriors/zerkers. Never any casters, never a thane.

I also can't wait for 1.63 when asd is fixed, that will really change things, a lot of people think bah one spell it hardly changes a fight but when abused to its fullest it is very powerful.
Im not saying they rely on it to win though, Im sure NP will still be very tough even after its fixed.

Users who are viewing this thread