Why is Midgard SUCH EASY MODE ???!

I

infozwerg

How is it power efficiant to stun for 4.5 sec, at 30 power. and refuse to smite for 6 power? Let alone never use ae and interrupt more than 1 healer for 10 power

most clerics only have the option of smite (3.0sec, 37p) and stun (2.5sec, 30p)

with a decent spec, clerics have 4 smite and you cant use spec smites then

S

schinkaar

cleric number 2 can go 10 smite, since i dont really see the point with 2 enhance clerics. And i dont think a higher pbae mezz is more useful than cheap interrupts.

H

hotrat

Lol clerics interupting others with smite I cant beleive im hearing it :) As I said before a cleric has problems casting a heal let alone a smite thanks to asd. Far better to melee the person you want to interupt if you really have to interupt them HOWEVER its 10 times better to get a good hiding spot rather than to start smiting and draw attention to yourself.
I have seen clerics melee to interupt, but its usually vs hibs when a warden or druid starts hitting the cleric to interupt them, so the cleric hits back to make sure both are interupted :)
The insta pbae dd would be good for interupting, but you dont get that with low smite spec. Pbae mezz again nice for interupt or vs pets but will give immunity.

After your pet has been STT'd you cannot release it, the pet starts hitting you and is just like a mob aggroed onto you.

A

Asha

Originally posted by schinkaar
How is it power efficiant to stun for 4.5 sec, at 30 power. and refuse to smite for 6 power? Let alone never use ae and interrupt more than 1 healer for 10 power (yea i know healers dont stack, it still happends). Instead you wanna stun for around 4.5 sec, while a interrupt can fuck up a healer for 3-4 secs. And not only that but you waste stun immunity aswell, and that with having an offensive slammer? I agree its not often you get the chance due to asd, but saying your always interrupted isnt true either. And regarding melee interrupts ive never seen a cleric do that either, nor pbae interrupt. Anyway dont really see a point arguing with you, your clearly convinced that your doing everything the best way. Lets keep on whining instead, more fun imo :)

I have specced for the best of my group, so I no longer have ae smite. Besides which AE is NOT good vs a mid tank group, you will only break mez on non-det classes. My smite costs more and takes longer to cast.

I use stun more than smite because it might actually stop a healer from casting for a bit longer (also not everyone has resists maxed so hopefully it lasts longer than 4 or 5 seconds - sometimes). Still it stops them and maybe stop them from spamming insta interupt on me or my cleric or sorc. I am not whining anyhow. I just hate this class but am stuck with it - ok that sounds whiney :D

S

schinkaar

Originally posted by hotrat
Lol clerics interupting others with smite I cant beleive im hearing it :) As I said before a cleric has problems casting a heal let alone a smite thanks to asd. Far better to melee the person you want to interupt if you really have to interupt them HOWEVER its 10 times better to get a good hiding spot rather than to start smiting and draw attention to yourself.
I have seen clerics melee to interupt, but its usually vs hibs when a warden or druid starts hitting the cleric to interupt them, so the cleric hits back to make sure both are interupted :)
The insta pbae dd would be good for interupting, but you dont get that with low smite spec. Pbae mezz again nice for interupt or vs pets but will give immunity.

After your pet has been STT'd you cannot release it, the pet starts hitting you and is just like a mob aggroed onto you.

No one said its easy to win when you suck :).

S

schinkaar

Originally posted by Asha
I have specced for the best of my group, so I no longer have ae smite. Besides which AE is NOT good vs a mid tank group, you will only break mez on non-det classes. My smite costs more and takes longer to cast.

I use stun more than smite because it might actually stop a healer from casting for a bit longer (also not everyone has resists maxed so hopefully it lasts longer than 4 or 5 seconds - sometimes). Still it stops them and maybe stop them from spamming insta interupt on me or my cleric or sorc. I am not whining anyhow. I just hate this class but am stuck with it - ok that sounds whiney :D

Yer capping resists isnt easy as a healer! Even with all my epic armor on i dont cap everything :(. The mezz thingy is also very annoying cause you cant do anything for like so long!

H

hotrat

Ok then, but if i see a cleric in my group smiting and its 8 vs 8 its /kick time :)

No one said its easy to win when you play midgard, but we all know its true.

I

infozwerg

unfair! stop the discrimination of the mentally challenged! give everyone an equal chance to win regardless of race, gender, sexual orientation, level, realmrank or playing skill!

O

old.Lethul

Ok then, but if i see a cleric in my group smiting and its 8 vs 8 its /kick time :)

i dont undestand hotrat.. shoudlt a 39 enchane/37 rejuv (or however they spec) + 39 smite 37 rejuv >>> 2 * 39 enchane/37 rejuv .. I know for sure i would have 1 39 smite in my alb group ( or something similar)..

H

hotrat

Originally posted by old.Lethul
i dont undestand hotrat.. shoudlt a 39 enchane/37 rejuv (or however they spec) + 39 smite 37 rejuv >>> 2 * 39 enchane/37 rejuv .. I know for sure i would have 1 39 smite in my alb group ( or something similar)..
Yes you might as well take the smiter if you have buffbots but I still dont wanna see them smiting :) Just using the pbae mezz, pbae dd.

H

hotrat

Originally posted by infozwerg
unfair! stop the discrimination of the mentally challenged! give everyone an equal chance to win regardless of race, gender, sexual orientation, level, realmrank or playing skill!
you forgot to add and regardless of how fotm their class is as well.

I

infozwerg

you forgot to add and regardless of how fotm their class is as well.

yes! and also stop the discrimination of unbuffed players and give them an equal chance to win too!

i mean, i am a critblade and i did pa cd on an infiltrator and then he just wtfpwned me with his purge, df, and him being 5 rr higher than me and uberbuffed with mota4 buffs, its not fair!

tbh: no. dont give ppl equal chance to win. i want my choices in a game to have meaning.

A

Arnor

I've said it, and so has Xanatea oO

H

hotrat

Originally posted by infozwerg
tbh: no. dont give ppl equal chance to win. i want my choices in a game to have meaning.
So you want a game where all sides are not equal? where one has distinct advantages over others so that you can choose your side depending on how difficult you want the game to be?

Well I agree thats what the game is like atm, chosing to play an unbuffed solo stealther is indeed hard mode, as is (in most peoples opinion) chosing to play alb.

I always like to play a game on hard mode though, far more satisfaction when you achieve things :)

S

schinkaar

So you want a game where all sides are not equal? where one has distinct advantages over others so that you can choose your side depending on how difficult you want the game to be?

Well I agree thats what the game is like atm, chosing to play an unbuffed solo stealther is indeed hard mode, as is (in most peoples opinion) chosing to play alb.

I always like to play a game on hard mode though, far more satisfaction when you achieve things :)

If it makes you happy to be an alb i dont really see why you complain so much. Teenageers usually whine alot tho, prolly all the hormones.

L

loxleyhood

If it makes you happy to be an alb i dont really see why you complain so much. Teenageers usually whine alot tho, prolly all the hormones.

Generalisation is bad.

O

old.Nol

and back to the topic...

Our's is not to question why...

I

infozwerg

why dont you play avalonian then?

why dont you try without d/q buff? without buffs at all?

try playing in epic armor only and let your tanks uses only slash weapons against mids and only crush against hibs?

why dont you let your mercs use dualjambiya?

why dont you try playing without hastebuff?

because you make meaningful choices ?

L

loxleyhood

Ur not an exception of the rule.

Fine, I'll break it down for you. Not albs are teenagers, some are, same as in mid and hib. I happen to be a teenager, and I am well aware that I am superior mentally to many adults on these boards, but not to name names of course.

And not all teenagers are whiners. I have made one whine thread and it was about how people posted in the RvR forums. But meh, as you were.

S

schinkaar

Originally posted by loxleyhood
Fine, I'll break it down for you. Not albs are teenagers, some are, same as in mid and hib. I happen to be a teenager, and I am well aware that I am superior mentally to many adults on these boards, but not to name names of course.

And not all teenagers are whiners. I have made one whine thread and it was about how people posted in the RvR forums. But meh, as you were.

What mental superiority is it you have great skaterboi?

L

loxleyhood

I have the super power of being free of random stereotying my good sir.

S

schinkaar

Originally posted by loxleyhood
I have the super power of being free of random stereotying my good sir.

I take it mids and savages arent overpowered then?

C

Carlos Bananos

I take it mids and savages arent overpowered then?

Thats right...

healers need a pet
asd shouldn't be nerfed
savages need to quad more than they single
sm pet needs a snare dd
sm focus needs to be in supp line + unnerfed
PR should give buffs back an be an AE rez on 15 min timer

!

H

hotrat

Im not whining im just stating facts as to "why midgard is easy mode".

why dont you play avalonian then?

why dont you try without d/q buff? without buffs at all?

try playing in epic armor only and let your tanks uses only slash weapons against mids and only crush against hibs?

why dont you let your mercs use dualjambiya?

why dont you try playing without hastebuff?

because you make meaningful choices ?
Why dont you just stay in your starting town and kill grey mobs then?

There are limits to how easy/hard you want a game to be.

I

infozwerg

Im not whining im just stating facts as to "why midgard is easy mode".

Why dont you just stay in your starting town and kill grey mobs then?

There are limits to how easy/hard you want a game to be.

i never stated that i wanted to make the game harder for me. and fyi i play alb atm.

Users who are viewing this thread