Why I'm leaving mid

O

old.Scooby

Hello, I've decided to leave mid and want to tell you why so that you will realise that if these things don't get fixed others will leave too.

1. Parties - I'm a hunter, with my bow I do more or less as much damage as any tank. However, because I can't take as many hits as a tank I get rejected from almost every party I ask to enter. Now this would be fine if the party didn't already have 4 or 5 tanks, but if a party already has a pile of tanks I still get rejected - why? because people are ignorant and think because I'm small I do crap damage. Basically if you're not a tank or an arse licker then it's hard to get parties.

2. "Lists" - I waited for 3 hours on a list at malmo today, I saw people logging in at the lair hill and running down and joining the party, people who I hadn't seen waiting and who clearly had not had to wait on the list. I got excuses that they were guild mates or real life friends - neither of these reasons should make a difference to the list, if you're not going to follow the list then don't create one and waste people's time.

3. Level restrictions - I enquired about entering another party in malmo today and was told I was too low. Fair enough, but wait, there is another hunter of the same lvl in the party? And look, there is someone two lvls below me.. this is unfair and happens frequently.

4. Twats - There are an abundance of twats on excaliber, a lot more than on Prywden. I realise this is no-ones fault but it is one of the reasons I'm leaving so I decided to include it. I am tired of being ignored and looked down upon by all the "elite" people and their "elite" guilds.

There are many more reasons but those are the main ones. Thanks for reading and I wish you all luck. Special thanks to everyone who knows me on exc.

Scooby signing off.

Z

Zill

I'll be sorry to see you go Scooby, but you will find the same problems in any of the other Realms. Yes I appreciate it is damn hard getting a group when your class is either a Hunter or a SB, especially in Malmo. Anyone playing these classes will sympathise with your frustration. But don't throw away all your hard work because of it, stick it out as you haven't got that long to go before you can wave bye bye to Malmo for good.

I hope you reconsider.

X

Xandax

Many of the things you state is the problem is not unik to either the realm or the sever.

I doubt you will find the utopia you seek simply by shifting realm.

What you should to, imo, is get ahold of some in-game friends and get them to exp with you, if they refused, well, then they weren't maybe so good in-game friends anywho. (and what about guild? - unless you are guildless, then joining one might help you out that way)

I've never, when grouping, turned away any class from a group, only thing worth considering might be the level due to the exp.

Of course I usually solo a lot, when not grouping with my guild, because you are right, there are many tossers in the game, I've been truly aware of this after I started playing more alt. chars. - people don't behave nicely anymore.

O

old.Bjodald

Bah who needs grps soloings better why has assholes steal ur exp and drops i solo my hunter and ranger its much better.

R

Release

In any of the Malmo groups i've been in only time we ever skip anyone on list is if a Healer/RM leaves and therefore needs to be replaced before allowing other people in.
Also when you see other people logging in and going straight down it may be becuase alot of people log in there alt chars while waiting on the list, then when there called log back in, cos as many of you know, no one wants to sit on a hill for anything upto a couple of hours :sleeping: :sleeping:
I normaly just message someone in Malmo and ask if they need me if not add me too list, that way I can just goto Emain until im called upon :D
But like people said before, things wont change in different servers/realms.

Anyways hope you reconsider, if not then GL in whatever realm or new game you goto.

A

Alius

Ah yes, the normal sad song of the hunter, been there much to well. Get a party in spindel for instance is impossible, one day I was actually running around for an entire hour before I switched to my alt out of pure boredom.
But I would urge you to keep at it, I have been so fortunate that we have done many guild trips in spindel and rauma which has gained me lvls, but this has only been since lvl 30 or so, up to that I have been soloing most of the time.
But the payoff for us hunters is the RvR, I love filling them albs and hibs with arrows and you can get alot of dam off in relative safe distance. :)

G

Garnet

Sorry to hear that you are leaving :(

Yep i know how you feel as i know a hunter called Lahtaaja who has been rejected and been waiting on the list for ages and even skipped and taken off the list without ppls telling him. Some ppls can be real assholes as they think because a character is a hunter or shadowblade they are crap, which imho is a load of bullshit. Hunters and SBs are one of the best classes and most important classes in the realm of midgard as not only they can sneak up on ppls and kill them or sniper them from distance but they are very useful in defending the relics as they report any invaders INC.

It will seen hard unless u get to high lvls. Best way to solve the problem of lvl 40 to 45 is to go to raumarik with some guild members. Im sure they will help you out.

Dont worry scooby if u keep at it, it will get easier as Lahtaaja soon found out. If you cant get the urge to continue then i wish you good luck in the future.

Until we meet again scooby....

R

Rg.Roller

awwww im very sorry to see you go my friend most of what you said is true........sadly :(

My first character was a healer which i got to level 44 np, getting msg's like

"Hi m8, ermm do you need a group? we need to at such a place, nice exp!"

now thats all great till i brought my healer to RvsR, being able to do nothing but mezz and heal eventually did my head

"guys ive got this guy mezz'd can you come kill him for me?"

now you wanna know how i got my SB to 47? :) completely different

levels 1- 5 solo - yay!
levels 5 - 10 - ez groups loads of newbies :)
levels 10 - 20 - Bribing

*bribing

<tiki> Hi is there any group space?
<xxx> im sorry no group space
<tiki> All give you a full set of AF xx (or gold) if you can sort somthing
<xxx>.........................
<xxx> sure meet at stone circle in skona

levels 20 - 30 a mixture of befriending people and bribes
levels 30 - 40 (the spindel years) - Bribing, lying (dmg cap and hit points info), not allowing your friend a healer to be seperated from yourself unless you come too and many many more ways

levels 40 - 43 - malmo H - Being the group leader every time you go and organising everything so your always included in the line up

levels 43 - 47 - malmo : Getting up at 9:00am and get the first group of the day and stay there all day

It is sad how you feel and yes i dought other realms are different, im still sorry to see you go :)

O

old.Cronos

2Scooby

try playing different server/realm for a while, helps, im playing pry/alb atm coz im fed up with some stuff in our rvr. or even better get life for 1 week, forget about daoc and etc :)

X

Xandax

Originally posted by Alius
<snip>
But I would urge you to keep at it, I have been so fortunate that we have done many guild trips in spindel and rauma which has gained me lvls, but this has only been since lvl 30 or so, up to that I have been soloing most of the time.
<snip>

Soloing a hunter to level 30 is also easy - the harder part comes when you don't get much movement on the exp bar from chaining yellows - then it gets annoying.

There are some great caster-mobs out there, and most of them is just cannonfodder for a hunter, and if they spawn fast enough, you can chainkill blues also and level fast still.

I like to level my chars solo - but after 30 (and especially 40) it becomes tedious and hard work, but you really feel you deserve it when that ding sound comes :D (btw have also soloed over 80% of the levels of my main char ;) ) - so as Bjodald says, why have others leech your exp :D

H

hatts

Hrm.. scooby.. it's life :)
Im a hunter myself, as you maybe know and i know how hard it is.. but i'm not giving up. Everyone that give's me lame reasons i "spit" on.. and after a while they appoligice (dunno if its correct spelling :)). It's not sure they let me in the group but , atleast i can walk with my head up from there.

Well good luck scooby wherever you end up.

O

old.Runolas

Scooby I really hope you have read all the posts here and thought about this one more time. I know lvling a SB/Hunter is hard as hell. I also know that without my guild I would have rerolled my char, but I have had good friends all the way.

Last Sunday I got up early and msg the grp in Malmo they were not full and I was lvl 42.5+, but the restriction was 43. I urged them to reconsider as I would probably lvl to 43 in no time, but still I got refused. Then finally I got a msg from Vodor, who my guild m8 had send a msg, that I was welcome in the leach grp of another party being formed. That day I got lvl 44. Thx for taking me in Vodor. After soloing a lot in Spindel lately that felt great. We had 2 lvl 41 in the leach grp, but what I have found out is that you will never get a grp in Malmo before lvl 43 unless you are a RM, Healer or Shaman. The only exeption is if you are really lucky and get up early and get a space, or have something to bribe them with…like a healer m8 etc :p.

I can only speak for myself, but the only times I have been refused to a grp is when they are holding last space for a healer class. And even then I have told them that I would leave the grp if they get one, and thus got a grp for now. What usually happens is that one of the others leave, or the healer never comes, because I have never been told to leave a grp.

When it comes to SB/Hunters dmg in a grp some ppl seem to think that we hit for crap, and that is so untrue. A Hunter out-damage most tanks, not counting Zerkers. I know that I out-damage most tanks, again not counting the Zerkers. The mobs in Malmo were a bit high to pull off my PA – CD chain successfully each time, but btw are ppl aware that the CD gives a nice stun?

My advice to you is to keep your head up high, play an alt, get you spirit up and then you will finally reach lvl 50. Remember we get to have the most fun in RvR, and you as a Hunter could rake in the rp.

B

Bebopbo

Scooby is bang on....
Im a lev 38 enchanter on hibs & ive ALWAYS managed to grp easily & alot of ppl on hibs are helpful & friendly, sure mids have some ppl that are helpful & friendly & have helped me out a few times :D
but mids is missing summit, im a L 24 skald & when i try to join most grps its "What lev are u" so i tell them then they say "no your too low" so i think fair enuff, only to find 30 mins later i pass the grp asked & f00k me theres ppl in same grp @ lower levs! if us mids wanna keep a strong realm then ppl should grp 1 or 2 lower levs into a grp to help pow lev them, ok pow lev sux to sum ppl, but i can tell you that hibs do it ALOT & it wont b long till hibs have many more lev 50's than mids & will start to own RvR, We should help e/other as much as poss, ive helped ppl pow lev from when i was bowt lev 15 & will continue to do so, ok i dont get much xp when i help, but then again if i joined a higher lev grp then i would get back what i lost in no-time. Only a few nights ago i was wit a grp that incl Flowerpower - Zograth & a few others, & i gotta say it was the best grp i been with, the level grp ranged from bowt 18-25 i was lev 22 & made 3 levels in 1 night the lev 18 made about 5 levels, so y cant this be done most the time? all of us were happy & we ALL got a few levs but most of all it was fun & xp was ok for me & great for the low levelers..so common guys, start helping other ppl lev... eventually these ppl your saying "NO" to in a grp may well be the one to save your ass in RvR!!! ...just my opinion... ;)

X

Xandax

Oh yeah - like my alts on Prywden, albion haven't been turned down by groups only to find other lowerlevels in the group later.

Most people play with people they know, and thus accepting lowerlevel people if they know them, seeing as I know allmost none on Albion I often find myslef soloing - and on Migard where I know a lot of people I rarely have problems finding groups with any of my chars (including when I grouped with my hunter or shadowblade) - fortunally for me, I like to solo, so I don't get annoyed when I can't get a group, I just pick another char.

And while it can be great grouping with lowerlevels, to help them, sometimes you have to think about leveling your own char - and if a level 24 have problems getting in a higher group well so does a level 40 and can be at 45 (yes I've myself been turned down cause I was to low at level 45).

And if you really want a group - then do make one with lowerlevels, you can easially pick of oranges with a couple of blues and greens in the party. There is absolutly no reason people always have to group upwards, so take a couple of lowerlevels with you.
So imo instead of complaining about how hard it is to get groups, make one (and make one with lowerlevel whom will love the exp) or solo.

EDIT: I've even experience a person whom complained about the level cap was to high for a group, a little while later I asked, as one alt.char., if he wanted to group and he tole me I was to low.
:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

T

Tasans

I have found alb/pryd a very friendly realm i get group when i ask for one (mainly because im a healer), and there are many times we had ppl in a group 5 lvls lower. A few days back i was lfg in keltoi when a red guy came to me and offered to help me reach a group that might need me (too many aggros in the way). Thats why i havent logged with tas for over 2 weeks.

O

old.Scooby

I realise I will never find a perfect realm but I have found that alb/pry is pretty close. It has a nice population, I have not yet been refused from a group (even with my sorc who is the most useless party character in the game) and there is a noticible decrease in the number of twats. This also goes for hib/pry which I played when I first got the game. Obviously I can only speak for myself and my experiences, but so far in alb I am actually having fun, something which i realised I hadn't had since I started on mid. Once again thanks to all my friends on mid, I'll miss you :(

X

Xandax

Originally posted by old.Scooby
<snip>
I have not yet been refused from a group (even with my sorc who is the most useless party character in the game) <snip>

Ehh - as I understand it a Sorcerer is one of the best PvE CC classes in the game.
I'm sure if you had played a CC class in Midgard you would have gotten more groups. (CCs are always welcome in any group at level 20+)
Try playing a scout to level 40 and see if your experience remains the same - otherwise you can't really compare to your hunter experience ;) (note - have not self played a scout, but seem to read on the board that they are "shunned" by some groups like our hunters)

O

old.chesnor

I sympathise with Hunters and Shadowblades finding life tough to get groups. But there are 2 problems here.

Firstly, although Hunters and especially Shadowblades can outdamage tanks, it really isn't good news in a PvE group for rogues to be doing that. Healers will struggle to heal rogues when they are aggroed by purple mobs. Additionally rogues don't get protect, so not only is the Healer having to chain heal, but is also risking aggro from the mob.

Secondly, Midgard has got a really, really large population of Hunters and Shadowblades, many more than we actually 'need'. Sure most groups could easily accomodate one of each class, but any more than that and you are excluding more PvE useful classes. Also there are more Hunters than Warriors logged at most hours of the day, which kind of explains the problem better than I can ;)

And I agree with Scooby on the twats issue. Midgard appears to be a twat magnet, I play there after all, I blame trolls personally :p

O

old.Sheba

Originally posted by old.chesnor

Secondly, Midgard has got a really, really large population of Hunters and Shadowblades, many more than we actually 'need'. Sure most groups could easily accomodate one of each class, but any more than that and you are excluding more PvE useful classes. Also there are more Hunters than Warriors logged at most hours of the day, which kind of explains the problem better than I can ;)

Hunters yes sbs at a high lvl nope... we are a rare race... its alot that gives up there sb after lvl 10-20... ive though about deleteing my sb many times before lvl 50.

is a real paradox really... every time we do a raid who is out scouting? who is on keeps killing bowmen, who is inside the keep attacking enemys?

The same sbs and hunters alot of midgard rejected in exp partys, mate stick with it dont give up.

S

Shaki/Aeis

Scooby, whatever you do. Don't delete your character on Excalibur. I have seen many people delete their lvl 40+ or 45+ char cause they thought some other realm or server were better. Many of those people also came back and started over with the same char.... probably other speccs thought....

C

censi

aye, all rangers experience this... Only the weaker personalities let it beat them.

Grit your teeth a chain farm yellows and you will lvl faster than all but the most uber of grps out there...

U literally can blast your way from lvl 40 in a coupls of weeks.

lvl 40-45 is a a struggle but when u hit that big 45 relax and start thinking about your final items you will need and try and get grps to farm them....

O

old.Saborion

Couldn`t be bothered to read through all these post. But about the thingie on people logging on, going down and get into group right away. Ever thought about those people playing their alts until spot opens up for them?

S

sorusi

Rouges can be damage dealers in groups.. keep telling the groups that you do alot of damage... :)

Scouts do really hurt rve mobs.. so do infs.. so sbs,ns,ranger,hunter should do as good as they do..

this is if you cant find an rm ;)

O

old.Runolas

Originally posted by old.chesnor
I

Firstly, although Hunters and especially Shadowblades can outdamage tanks, it really isn't good news in a PvE group for rogues to be doing that. Healers will struggle to heal rogues when they are aggroed by purple mobs. Additionally rogues don't get protect, so not only is the Healer having to chain heal, but is also risking aggro from the mob.

Secondly, Midgard has got a really, really large population of Hunters and Shadowblades, many more than we actually 'need'.

Well I have experienced that I can go riot with my CS-styles as long as the grp has a good tank to hold aggro with taunt. I think this depends on how you play your character, because I usually get away with both PA and CD without drawing aggro. Most important is to let the main tank hit before you go in and you will do high dmg without getting aggro. I can still remember playing in spindelhalla getting agro only to evade 4 times without the healer even using a drop of mana. Basically the SB must try different things to get off aggro if you get it all the time, like using a 1H instead of a 2H.

I do agree that a lot of ppl are playing SB and hunters, but many of them are probably alts. If you look at the lvl 50 or even lvl 40+ you will see that your list is getting very thin. I would estimate the population of lvl 50 SB to be around 5-7. I have lost count of how many SB/Hunters that has succumbed, before even hitting lvl 40.

I

Israfael

You know scooby, I have exactly the same problem in Albion. Being a minstrel, if the group already has one I have no chance of getting into the group, or peopls don't realise that I can do nearly as much damage as a tank sometimes with DD shouts.

Sorcerers are starting to get more groups as people realise how damn useful they are - I may end up rolling one before long :)

O

old.Scooby

Originally posted by old.Saborion
Ever thought about those people playing their alts until spot opens up for them?

Yes, but in the instance I was referring to in the first post the list holder actually admitted he had skipped me because the person was an "IRL friend" , then another did the same and he said "guild mates come first".

O

old.Mousah

sad to see you go, we got the same problem in albion thoe, not many groups want a scout to join them, most scouts are lvled by guilds or like my lvl alt i solo, its ok to lvl 30 but then it starts to go real slow.
i understand now how a scout player feels like, and nowdays i always get a scout into group if there is any room left, or if someone logs, they do as you say, much dmg, even more then a tank, and they may die quick if they get aggro, but its still the tanks work to get the mob of you, but in the end by the rp you will get, i think the hard time to exp will pay of, as for a tank the rp farming is going in slow, unlike hunters(just look at nolbypride)

hope you reconsider and snipe down my ass someday(like nolbypride use to do :)

obs! Nolbypride, put down the bow, you do more dmg on me with your spear :)

Mousah mOO
pikeman at 49
<Dragon Knights>

B

battlerager1

1st..U r a Hunter live with this...STEALTHERS dont find group easy that is a fact..u can go 43 easy in skona or varulv and then get in a list to malmohus..while u r waiting play with an alt...i do the same and the hours of waiting r shorter..I have seen MANY hunters 43+ in lair so i dont think they have something against u..just go 43..
Other realms? what is your thinking they waiting for u with open arms? bah this happened everywhere...HUNTERS R SOLOERS AND VERY GOOD ONES..if u r whining what a SB can do? suicide? sb cant even solo..

i have seen u around often whe r at the same group sometimes and i except u reconsider and stay...:)

Battlerager 47+ rr2 berserker
<White Rose>

O

old.Ransom

Scooby i konw exactly where you coming from im geting very pissed off with the game as a whole

i dont seem to be able to get groups at the moment with my Thane let alone my hunter

O

Olgark

Forget about lists there is no rule in where it says the camps are exclusive. Just go and have fun make your own group up, and go and pull what ever mobs are free. Screw the others there saying your not on a list. You pay the same as them so don't let em push you about.

The only reason they hate you is cause they know your better than them :D

Users who are viewing this thread