Why I'm leaving mid

O

old.Runolas

Originally posted by old.chesnor
I was running around defending Mid/Excal from invaders when Runolas was killing crabs on Atla beach ;)

You have no idea how much RP Chesnor had when I deleted, I was at Bledmeer when we infamously tried to take it. I was on the first succesful relic raid the Middies did. I was in and RvRed for Nolby Pride and Nazgul.

Runolas, you Sir, are an idiot.

Lol @ Chesnor

Chesnor don’t flatter yourself on your earlier crusade in Midgard. From your earlier posts on this thread and others, your deeds defending the realm doesn’t actually stand out as much as you proclaim. The first siege of Bledmeer was fun, but taking back a Keep isn’t actually news breaking.

Btw I attended the first Relic-raid too.

You are making a fool out of yourself, and insulting the intelligence of many fine players both stealthers and others. I’m astonished that after clocking hour after hour you still don’t get it.

O

old.chesnor

Originally posted by old.Runolas
I can't remember seeing either you or Estate around when we needed you,

I was specifically responding to this gem. And it's Estat btw, not Estate.

O

old.Runolas

When you see a msg on invaders in Yggdra/Uppland and you are on your way to Emain…what do you do?

Btw, if you are looking for spelling errors…you will have a field day.

O

old.Jonas

Saw something wonderful yesterday in varulvhamn as I was playing my alt.
2 hunters, one yellow and one orange was chaining werewolfs in the cave.
At the same time a group consisting of one healer, a thane, runemaster and 2 skalds (I think). all conned yellow to me killing same mobs as the hunters did.
The hunters had no problems killing mobs without losing any health while the group of tanks and healers constantly yelling for help or getting killed.

what if the 2 hunters pulling with syncronised critshots had a group with 2 thanes or warriors for protection, a healer and a supp runemaster shielding ... could realy do some serious exping.
No problem with adds since the pulled mob is dead before it even reach mellee and the add is easily killed by the thane/warriors and heavy spear styles.

Just a thought , worth a try if you have never grouped two or more hunters.

And a little note

I read in a prev post something like
Why would I group with you now and let you get exp when you will not let me get RP later ( or something)

I wonder who help healers exp... Ive heard a healer say that he cannot solo tougher mobs then green and sometimes blue, hunters can easy do yellow or orange (dont know about sb)
So why should it be any problem handeling red/purple in group.
And hunters tend to land a hit more often then most equal level tank do so the total damage would be in favour for the hunter.

Alot of times I have been in spindelhalla at my late 30 early 40 grouping as much as 4 healers, I dont mind, but most of the times 4 of them did nothing but just standing behind acting like a buffbot and once in a while casting a mezz or hit some with their little hammer while thane and zerker did all hard work ;) (nothing against healers I love you but sometimes your to fed up with your role). If there is room, group anything that moves...

Have also grouped 2 or more roughes and one healer with the same result.
Infact my best ingame mate was a hunter ( Ralf ) , who has retired now... :( . We had company from lvl 5 to 30 every day, and the exping was never any problem, most of the downtime was endurence regen.

I bet the problem with some hunters getting aggro is that they tend to use Engage(taunt)/ wounding trust chain, since most hunters dont specc spear very high that is the best combo and they use it also in the rare occations when they are grouped.
Keep to lancer/stab when in group and have dismissal ready if you pull with critshots, then there will be no problem handling aggro :clap:

/waves

Jonas

O

old.Runolas

Jonas you are so right. I’ve written this before, but the usual grp for my warrior is 2hunters, 1healer and 1shaman and it works perfectly. People only need to open their eyes.

I grped with a warrior (lvl 50) m8 the other night in Spindelhalla I got in 2 hits in the same time as he got in one. We killed Troll, CT, Fell Cats etc, we had no problem what so ever camping the CT room and cleaning the surrounding area for mobs faster than they would spawn.

O

Olgark

Jones what you say is so true about hunters.

I just wish there where more people like you out there.

But I must say since coming back after taking a 2 week break from camelot to play Morrowind I have had no trouble so far in getting into a group as a level 34 hunter. Maybe people are realising what we can actualy do in a group .

I

infozwerg

Jonas, i never read more nonsense about hunters than in your post, it was wonderful.

At the same time a group consisting of one healer, a thane, runemaster and 2 skalds (I think). all conned yellow to me killing same mobs as the hunters did.
a group with 3 tanks, a nuker and a healer having trouble to kill orange-red mobs. now what tells us that? these players sucked very bad.

what if the 2 hunters pulling with syncronised critshots had a group with 2 thanes or warriors for protection, a healer and a supp runemaster shielding ... could realy do some serious exping.
you ever tried "synchronized critshots"? and even if you get two hunters that manage to get this stunt every time, you have a party with 6 ppl pulling orange mobs. if you switch out the hunters for a skald and a shaman, you can chain purples with adds.

And hunters tend to land a hit more often then most equal level tank do so the total damage would be in favour for the hunter.
hunters have less chance to hit.

if you pull with critshots, then there will be no problem handling aggro
if you pull with critshots, you deserve to be kicked out of groups.

O

old.chesnor

Im spotting a trend in this thread ;)

Jonas, your post was mostly rubbish. "who help healers exp", you ask ? Well <SARCASM>seeing as I can't solo blues</SARCASM>, I shall tell you. The guys who help Healers exp are the ones we heal, buff, res when they die, help them mezz adds so they don't die, stun the mobs they fight so they don't get beaten down too badly. If your 4 healers in Spind stood around doing nothing, then your group was dumb having 50% of its members as healers....duh !

And I have played almost every class in this game now, and I will tell you that a Healer is one of the hardest to play, not because spamming heals when looking at the minibar is particularly hard. But because of idiots like Jonas who thinks Healers are doing nothing "while the thanes and zerkers do all the hard work" up the front. These guys are probably the same ones who spam me for reses, abuse me when I say I can't, and spam /say Heal PLZ in RvR.

And about hunters out dmging tanks. Sure, you can have Hunters out damaging tanks, but if you do this, the Hunter uses his best styles while the tank uses a taunt. Tanks biggest dmg styles are not taunts. So it seems stupid to say to the tank "TAUNT" while a Hunter pulls off his best spear styles. If the tank misses a couple of taunts and the Hunter lands a crit, you got a studded wearing rogue (on rogue hp table) getting aggro. That spells headache for healer, believe me. It is much more sensible for the 'tank' to hold aggro with his best styles, only taunting if he needs to, while the other dmg dealers take care not to get aggro.

But the single most amusing thing about your thread was that Runloas and Olgark immediately replied saying 'yeah, you are so right' ROFL

O

Olgark

Im spotting a trend in this thread ;)

But the single most amusing thing about your thread was that Runloas and Olgark immediately replied saying 'yeah, you are so right' ROFL

hey someone has to stick up for us hunters. Even if the info is a bit off.
Estat just has a massive chip on his shoulder by the sounds of it and from what I have heard in game of Nolby Pride this amounts to 90% of the guild.

Last night in a group in spind I was asked what type of spear I was using by the main tank." I asked him why ?"
All he said "cause I was doing a hell of alot of damage. "
We was fighting Scavs and undead trolls for the record.

On average with full buffs I was hitting for about 110 damage per hit on the scavs and undead trolls. And that is being modest from a level 34 dwarf hunter.

O

old.Atrox

sync crits are not hard, aslong as the hunters know what to do, When the first hunter releases his crit the others releas theres aswell. And I agree on the Crit pull, Crit should NOT be used in groups, it's just dumb to take that kind of agro, thou theres no problem for a skilled healer to get the agro of the hunter, but it will cost 1 spell, so if theres adds included Crit are a nono.

an why does a group always have to be the best ? are you in a race or something ? what happend to the fun ?
Elit behavior shown from Estat in this thread is whats wrong with daoc, theres always a Selfish xp horny player somewhere.

O

old.Anpu

Well, I know I'm not gonna change anyones opinion regards hunters/sb's here, but....
Hunters have a higher chance to hit than any tank if they have a semi decent spear spec due to much higher dex.
And a tank actually is supposed to taunt his ass off no matter how much damage he does with it, his whole purpose in life is to keep aggro :p (if you ever been in an (pb)aoe group you'd know that :) )

/Anpu, Buffbot

O

old.Mobstomper

Sorry I cant be arsed to read the whole post, but did he sell his account because I saw him at H the other day?

I

infozwerg

Hunters have a higher chance to hit than any tank if they have a semi decent spear spec due to much higher dex.

sorry to burst your bubble, but you are wrong. we are not playing diablo2 here, where dex increased ar.

O

old.Runolas

Originally posted by infozwerg

you ever tried "synchronized critshots"? and even if you get two hunters that manage to get this stunt every time, you have a party with 6 ppl pulling orange mobs. if you switch out the hunters for a skald and a shaman, you can chain purples with adds.

Estat this is wrong and you know it. Not impossible, but really hard to chain purples with adds when you are only 6 ppl (all same lvl). One failed mezz and you are most likely doing a /release. The difference in your suggestion and Jonas is marginal, the quality of the players are more important.

Try playing with two hunters is my advice to you. Coordinating their shoot isn’t hard at all, the hunters I play with do it all the time. The grp I have mentioned (2hunters, shaman, healer and me the Kobold Warrior) is chaining red and some purp to me. Both hunters are 1-2 lvl’s lower than me. I have no problem getting aggro off them with a taunt on the first hit.

O

old.Runolas

And about hunters out dmging tanks. Sure, you can have Hunters out damaging tanks, but if you do this, the Hunter uses his best styles while the tank uses a taunt. Tanks biggest dmg styles are not taunts. So it seems stupid to say to the tank "TAUNT" while a Hunter pulls off his best spear styles. If the tank misses a couple of taunts and the Hunter lands a crit, you got a studded wearing rogue (on rogue hp table) getting aggro. That spells headache for healer, believe me. It is much more sensible for the 'tank' to hold aggro with his best styles, only taunting if he needs to, while the other dmg dealers take care not to get aggro.

I will repeate this...I use my PA, CS and DF in all grp's I get into, and try to belive me when I say this; It is very rare for me to get aggro even though I out-damage (hitting faster) the tanks most of the time (read they use their dmg-styles after first taunt). If I get aggro I'll detaunt, and very often evade. After lvl 25+ most rogues learn how to handle aggro in grp's using their powerful CS/LA styles, and thus see to that they do max dmg without getting aggro.

Chesnor read what I wrote. I replied on the 2 hunters in a grp thing. I just forgot the quote. Healers play the most important part in grp's, both as healers and mezers.

btw I play a Healer too.

I

infozwerg

Estat this is wrong and you know it. Not impossible, but really hard to chain purples with adds when you are only 6 ppl (all same lvl).

so? you think?

O

old.Jonas

"But because of idiots like Jonas who thinks Healers are doing nothing "while the thanes and zerkers do all the hard work" up the front. These guys are probably the same ones who spam me for reses, abuse me when I say I can't, and spam /say Heal PLZ in RvR. "

First of all cheesnor or whatever your nick is, dont call me an idiot please, you dont know me shit so plz stop insult me. Did I hit a weak point or what?

Did you miss the :) at the end of that sentence??? Check again you will get suprised.

What I actualy ment was that the group could do fine with 1 healer at that time, and every class exept the healer could actualy do something more for the group. I just said, just because you are a healer it is not always the ultimate class to have in the group even if it sometimes can be most useful class. And my point was, there was room in the group and instead of saying "no there is no space get lost" like many do and probably you aswell, we took them in.

No matter what you lvl50 healer dudes think is correct and true in this game, I just made my point out of my experinence and alot of what I wrote is correct, maybe not all, I dont know everything like Estat and chesnor seem to do.
But it was time for someone to post as much bull that people may belive as you do against rouges all the time ;)

And no, I almost never screaming for rezz, since I gave that up after lvl30. Unless I know the healer since long or are grouped there is no meaning to even ask , you all seem so busy lately.. I dont blame you... Sooner or later a warm hearted healer runs by.

I still think rouges are no crap class ment to be put aside in favour of something else.

Jonas

O

old.Runolas

so? you think?

Are you telling me that a grp of 6 lvl 35 are likely to chain f. eks trows in Spindelhalla? I have seen full grp's of 8 ppl with 2 healers beat the grass there many times. Remember chaining = close to 0 down-time.

I think you forget that you usually play in grp's with tanks 3-4 lvl's higher than you.

O

old.chesnor

Jonas, apology accepted :)

Runolas, 2hunters, shaman, healer and me the Kobold Warrior. This is a group that can do doubt do what you say. However, it has 2 healers, and 1 class with protect. This group would kill the same mobs equally as quickly if you swapped a Hunter for a Berserker IMHO.

Remember, I play this game as a Healer. I have never grouped with you Runolas, although I am sure you are a very capable player. But I have grouped with Shadowblades. I know the problems that can happen. E.g SB pulls off CS, gets aggro, tank missed taunt, SB can't detaunt. Tank eventually taunts. Meanwhile a Leather wearing char on rogue HP has been chewed by purple mob twice. This has happened to me more than once btw. This means big heals from Healers, you have no protect, this means danger to the Healer. If Healer dies, group dies. A group wipeout, and why did the SB CS in the first place?, to kill the mob a bit quicker.....Now who is the xp whore :p

I'll say again, I grouped with and will group SBs and Hunters. But I do not enjoy seeing them pull of crit shots to pull, or CS moves. Not that I complain, I just understand (better than you) that this is a risky way to exp, and I, like most Healers prefer to play it safe.

O

old.Jonas

And just a note to this meaningless discussion, Scooby has not left the game yet, He is in Red Guard and is doing well there aswell as our other hunters :)

If you dindnt know it
From release note , 1.46

- We've decreased (again) the aggro that archers do to monsters while fighting monsters. This means that archers can now do even more damage to monsters without having the monster turn on them.

- We've increased the damage that archer Critical Shot does against higher-level monsters (monsters only, no change was made to RvR CS damage).

- Archers will hit more often in group situations - the group melee "to-hit" bonus has been increased. Archers (as well as any melee attacker) has more of a chance to hit a monster based on the number of people in the group. Archers now have a bonus over and above the regular melee bonus on "to-hit".

things have changed since Estat and Chesnor was exping so, please, no more, I know best how hunters works post, you already made clear for us that you dont know shit.

Jonas

O

old.Jonas

hehe, lets bury the axe, noone will change opinion whatever we type here , except me, I actualy saw a shaman and a hunter in varulv in 2 man group doing well, blue con to me killing yellow mobs at the same rate as the 2 hunters I spoke of :)

And there is mostly nice healers out there , like Illu lvl50 who was rezzing my alt Spix multiple times and helping low lvls alot when we were in trouble, buffing mezzing stunning and so on. Thanks mate.

Later I helped hes 12 lvl lower shadowblade without delay, since noone more suited for hes level spoke up when he asked kindly, and I had a great time trying some poison on a sword we found, naming my pet and so on , died a few times, got 50% of the exp, but it was worth it, first time in ages I had some company when playing my hunter. what goes around comes around... Respect to him!

Like a friend of mine said, Arguing on the internet is like the paralympics, even if you win your still a retard

Jonas

O

old.Runolas

Runolas, 2hunters, shaman, healer and me the Kobold Warrior. This is a group that can do doubt do what you say. However, it has 2 healers, and 1 class with protect. This group would kill the same mobs equally as quickly if you swapped a Hunter for a Berserker IMHO.

At last Chesnor you get my point. This is what ppl are trying to tell you. If it is a Hunter or Zerker the grp will still do the same mobs with marginal difference.

Using the CS –styles in grp’s is something that needs experience I will give you that. In my early 20’s (just got PA) I was a bit reckless used dot poison and sometimes got too much aggro, but worst thing that ever happened was a bit longer down time. Now I use PA to get in CD and that takes the heat off the main tank for the 5 sec stun, thus healer uses less mana, then I switch to dual and do DF. I’m not doing this for faster xp, the reason is only to let the first mob eat grass as fast as possible. This way the tank has enough end for the second mob and the Healer more mane. If I find out that I’m drawing aggro I will switch to 1H on the PA.

The evade that SB gets later in the game is just incredible. I evade red and purp mobs only slightly less than a yellow. On our way to the dragon-hunt last week I was in a grp of 2lvl 50 warriors, 1lvl 50 Skald, 2lvl 50 healers and we stopped to kill some of the hard svartalfs. I got aggro one time, and kept aggro too, but I evaded 6 times in a row.

Someone wrote in a post that the SB really shines in smaller grp's chaining red. If try this out Chesnor you will really see what a SB can do. Teaming up with a lvl 35+ rogue is different than the lvl 20 playing his first char in daoc.

O

old.chesnor

Originally posted by old.Jonas

Like a friend of mine said, Arguing on the internet is like the paralympics, even if you win your still a retard

Jonas

Hmmm...This comment seals my perception of some of the Hunters out there.

And Runolas : With Evade VI (lvl40) your base chance to evade is 30%, at Evade VII (lvl50) its 35%. If you evade 6 hits consecutively you got lucky. You do not evade at the frequency normally.

B

battlerager1

Evade BASE chance is 35%...u forget quickness/dexterity factor...I
as a dwarf berserker with evade III i evade 2-3 times in a fight
with yellow mob always..this is way more than 15% i think...:)

Battlerager
Level 48+ Berserker rr2
<white rose>

O

old.Jonas

hehe it was not a hunter who said it...

btw , I am a thane, so dont blame the hunters :)
And a very friendly thane aswell, havent had one single argue ingame except when a dude a few lvls above me at that time started to flame me for escaping from cursed tomb with a train of 1 mob far over my lvl nagging on my back at lvl 20, guess what class he played ;)

And with your attitude against rouges, its not that hard to calculate why they seem to attract a certain type of players, they simply dont get the chanse to show their nice side since they get ignored by the more attractive classes, and it brings out the negative sides from them.
We can turn it around and see what rouges and spiritmasters may think about people like you... who probably get erection when a pack of tanks invites you for a trip. And coldly gives a no thanks , group full when a rouge class ask to join.
Oh no, my healer cant afford that 5 secs more downtime or I dont want to share exp with him I need to get 50, I need to get 50...
Go away kobold, we dont have use for you, we want a tank or one more healer. Go solo you xp leecher. bla bla

and not to talk about the ignoranse by sertain players, if a lower lvl player send a mess to someone, they hardly gets an answer so I belive its more then hunters in this realm that needs a shape up or get their eq up a bit. Or lets make a warrior/skald/healer realm that would probably satisfy you and your like alot.
I heal, you bang the door, or I mezz you collect my realmpoint, fun in the long run... I dont know

End of my activity, live safe , drink a cup of coffee, play like hell
Ignore all I wrote or read it again its a free world.

:sleeping:

O

old.Runolas

Hmmm...This comment seals my perception of some of the Hunters out there.

And Runolas : With Evade VI (lvl40) your base chance to evade is 30%, at Evade VII (lvl50) its 35%. If you evade 6 hits consecutively you got lucky. You do not evade at the frequency normally.

errr....forgot basic dex is 164 and qui is 134. I evade blue/yellow around 40%+ on average. I aslo get a lot of misses on me. And..yes I got lucky, but still I evade a lot.

O

old.Runolas

you cant do that?

Estat don’t fool yourself, it’s like lying about you “handicap” in golf.

I

infozwerg

Estat don’t fool yourself, it’s like lying about you “handicap” in golf.

maybe you never played in a good party with good players?

G

grimnr-

Can we just stop now

This is just going round in circles, any chance of it stopping or does everyone still have something to prove...

Come on then....

Its easy, something constructive with less than 10 bad words...

Thought not...

Users who are viewing this thread