Assist trains - why?

K

kameh

Just a quick question, why do people use assist trains. Perhaps it's just me but they seem to take any pretense of "skill" from the game. Those that do it can't even pretend to have any sort of skill, only skill they have is writting macro's and afking whilst the group leader picks the next target ;)

Leave the command in, but disable it when trying to /assist someone with an enemy realm member targetted. Get back to thinking about who to go for on our own.

A

angrykid

effective.

fast kills.

Did I mention effective?

And btw.. those that do think for themself, also finds the exact same target as the MA does. :)

So it ain't that hard. I play my shaman in rvr alot, and I usually ends up casting a disease on the very target that the MA is going for. without the use of macros.

K

kameh

Effective, fast kills.

No fun though whether you're /assisting or on the end of it. I actually like a fight, where they can fight back :D

C

chosen

Originally posted by angrykid
effective.

fast kills.

Did I mention effective?

And btw.. those that do think for themself, also finds the exact same target as the MA does. :)

So it ain't that hard. I play my shaman in rvr alot, and I usually ends up casting a disease on the very target that the MA is going for. without the use of macros.

Without assist im sure fights would last longer, a caster dont have to die in 1sec etc, not everyone goes for the same, it may be 3 casters and 2 healers in that group so how can u be so sure, i would say they should remove assist to get the RvR battlest to last longer and let the casters live alittlebit more.

K

kameh

Not sure about everyone else but I always find longer battles to be far more fun, even if I die in the first 10 secs, I can watch :D

V

vintervargen

ajj said it before ; 2 melee attackers max on same target in RvR.

kthx

R

rg-zorena

Originally posted by kameh
Effective, fast kills.

No fun though whether you're /assisting or on the end of it. I actually like a fight, where they can fight back :D
dont assist then noob

N

nott

would be somewhat interresting if they removed /stick /follow /assist from game don't you think?

A

Aule Valar

after you've played with the same ma for a while you don't need to assist, assist macros are for getting used to people

T

Twotosix

Would be funny to see tank reactions to assisting if it was fotm to assist on them first, I'm sure they would bother to port back & I'm sure they'd be happy that they're the only person in the grp that never gets rps because they are public enemy no1 in alb/hib :p

W

Whisperess

Against most of the macro-users it's quite effective to take out their MA first.

The rest will just stand around clueless wondering why their macro ain't working after that.

W

wylf

well, why dont they remove all wepons and spells that are higher lvl than 2 ? what would make the battles last longer? ey!!

*sigh*

everyone in a battle want to win it, so they are going to use the best tactics for doing that... /macro assist

nothing wrong with it.

D

duact

removing assist would not change much imo, assist is a slow command u want to assist "manually" for best preformance anyway. only noobs spam assist macro. good players would assist without macro anyway

E

-evull-

can't understand people who say assist is utterly boring, when winning is fucking great fun ^^

K

kameh

why not get a macro program to /assist, enter combat and do your styles - say 3-4 times then /assist again?

Hardly takes effort to do :rolleyes:

V

viruz_bs

Well , assisting or being MA gives alot of RP's coz if u fight people who dont use it , you win most of the times.
If you cant the the purpose in winning by using this , we shouldnt really be talking.

A

arrakeen

Remove stick/face/follow/assist, would make the game more fun, if possible only make /stick work on friendly players.

S

sagara

Originally posted by arrakeen
Remove stick/face/follow/assist, would make the game more fun, if possible only make /stick work on friendly players.
like the last pars;if possible only make /stick work on friendly players.

T

Tyka

assist is for shit players that never play with each other, a good player knows who to attack and can watch his own screen and determine it from that, no need to press a button before attacking the enemy.

Guess that would be too much for some players, actually watching the screen and attack who your friend attacks.

O

old.Lethul

Originally posted by Tyka
assist is for shit players that never play with each other, a good player knows who to attack and can watch his own screen and determine it from that, no need to press a button before attacking the enemy.

Guess that would be too much for some players, actually watching the screen and attack who your friend attacks.

for once i agree with Tyka. :(

E

eyeznp

Originally posted by rg-zorena
dont assist then noob

Assist is for the small kids there cant play like we did in older days

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom