[QUESTION] Why does my Runepriest have rubbish FPS but my other classes are fine?

Kami

Can't get enough of FH
Up until the last week I've had no problems playing my Runepriest, however now, even with effects completely off for even myself, I'm unable to play him for more than 20-25mins before the FPS bottoms out at literally 2-3FPS.

All other classes play fine, however my Runepriest is absolutely unplayable. This is after a fresh install/patch from a new client (not CB/OB), I even removed the entire folder manually after uninstalling the game.

Mythic/GOA - we have a problem..

I can play any other class with all effects on for everyone without any issues but can't play, in a duo for more than 20-30mins before my FPS drops, even if there's no other players around. This ever happens if I solo (tested out earlier).

Are my spell effects, despite not being visible and being turned off continuing to play somehow? It doesn't make any sense. :( I wonder if Zealots are finding this too. I have tried checking load on my PC, GPU/CPU are fine, neither is maxed out any more whilst playing my RP than at any other time on any other character, the client also isn't taking up more memory etc.

The only things I can think of in the past week or so have been the latest patch and the additional spells I now have as I've leveled..

Manisch Depressiv

Part of the furniture
Bug in model, particle effect, shader or so hogging up some GPU/CPU time? Stuff like that can happen.

scorge

Fledgling Freddie
Up until the last week I've had no problems playing my Runepriest, however now, even with effects completely off for even myself, I'm unable to play him for more than 20-25mins before the FPS bottoms out at literally 2-3FPS.

All other classes play fine, however my Runepriest is absolutely unplayable. This is after a fresh install/patch from a new client (not CB/OB), I even removed the entire folder manually after uninstalling the game.

Mythic/GOA - we have a problem..

I can play any other class with all effects on for everyone without any issues but can't play, in a duo for more than 20-30mins before my FPS drops, even if there's no other players around. This ever happens if I solo (tested out earlier).

Are my spell effects, despite not being visible and being turned off continuing to play somehow? It doesn't make any sense. :( I wonder if Zealots are finding this too. I have tried checking load on my PC, GPU/CPU are fine, neither is maxed out any more whilst playing my RP than at any other time on any other character, the client also isn't taking up more memory etc.

The only things I can think of in the past week or so have been the latest patch and the additional spells I now have as I've leveled..

have you tried window mode or other way round?

:m00:

civy

One of Freddy's beloved
Master runes cause a memory leak. which in turn kills the framerate. Try not using them as see if thats teh problem.

Soazak

Part of the furniture
Master runes cause a memory leak. which in turn kills the framerate. Try not using them as see if thats teh problem.

My bet is on this ^
I've heard it can get so bad you can cause people with poor computers to crash :(

Lollie

Loyal Freddie
come to think of it, i have the same problem, i just thought it was a problem pc end, but now that its been mentioned my engineer plays fine....

Kinag

Part of the furniture
I repeat myself, before coming to any conclusions, try out Buffthrottle.

Like I said, it worked for me.

griralith

Fledgling Freddie
buffthrottle, have greatly increased my gaming experience. Im running on a semi bad laptop atm (awaiting new com arrival xD)

i still crash alot, but at least my game runs without fps decrease.

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
all wrong its cos dorfs are so fat they hog the GPU's bandwidth. Plus those stupid beards dragging the floor don't help and that's just the women!

Kami

Can't get enough of FH
It's the master runes that's the issue, did some digging whilst at work. Odd how googling is fun when you're meant to be working..

Master Rune of Adamant Memory Leak - Warhammer Forums

Graph showing the effects of the spell I was using - made by someone else

obviously as I start at a lower FPS, it hits my system much harder.
rpperformanceimpactna5.jpg

rynnor

Rockhound
Awesome - looks like runepriests are the new Thanes - Mjollnir anyone?

Chronictank

FH is my second home
you probably didnt disable combat logging, hots will rape your hdd activity

Kami

Can't get enough of FH
All logging disabled Chronic - first thing I though of :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom