When are Skalds being nerfed?

K

Karam_gruul

Originally posted by thorey
Karam not to be a prick but im quite sure i have even soloed you with my sb ...

in alb emain mg dotted you ... went down restealthed

went up and meleed you to death ..

if i am mistaken im sorry .. but if im not .. then i have to say that to me you just seem pretty self-gimped :(

---------------------------------
Thorey lvl 50 shadowgimp
Sillmjölke lvl 25 ungimper
<Nolby Pride>

the only time any stealther has attacked me (excluding archers), was near the alb tk, when some newbie yellow con sb attacked, killed um in 1 hit.

so i doubt it would have been me you attacked :p the only other times an sb or ns has helped kill me is when im up against a skald, which is interesting.

but yea, as i've said abotu 3 times now for all those people saying, i've killed skalds before! i HAVE killed skalds before, but im saying its not a common occurance. well the thing is, as someone said before, skalds 'never' travel alone, they've usually got some backup.

but anyway, i find these posts quite hillarious. if everyone thinks im such a pilgrim and everything, then WHY when i come back from the last post i made last night, is there an entire page and a half of random replies. owned.

also, another funny thing, is like the other day, 3 lvl 50 mids killed me, Tilde and... cant remember the minsts name, but anyway it was fair teams, and we got absolutly dun up the rear. when we were lying there dead, BOTH me and Tilde were talking to each other about how increadibly over powered skalds are (sorry tilde), and how we both cant wait for the nerf patch. now im sorry, but tilde not bothering to reply to this thread or anything obviously shows he's scared what people will think of him if he says something others dont like.

like... hibs are shit, every single ONE of um.

i find THAT funny, this is a bloody game, all you noobs out there, trying to be 'proffesional' about it, saying stuff like, 'kids shouldnt play this' and stuff. WTF!? its a fecking computer game! if your over the age of 40 and playing this then theres probably something wrong with you. dont go making an online rpg into what it isnt. we need people like me, to stir up arguments, piss people off and get friction going between realms.

in other words, i own you alllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll

owned.

O

old.Arya

/me shakes her head in incredulity

Someone forgot to take his pills ??

J

joreth

I think everyone seems to also be missing a crucial point.. Now don't quote m on getting this exactly right, but i'm pretty sure that Thanes, Warriors and zerkers all get 2x specification points per level, whilst your humble skald receicves 1.5... Now I don't pretend to know everything bout the game, but shouldn't that tell you something? For example Mr thane can split his points nicely between his magic and weapon/defence specs <shield parry etc> whilst Mr skald is never gonna have his weapon as high as Mr thane because he has his shouts and weapons <and parry>....
I will also tell you that I had the pleasure of being grouped with a skald from lvl 15 to 35... Now this skald is the best skald I have grouped with, and as a healer I can TELL you that he was harder to keep alive than a same lvl thane/warrior... Again tell you anything?
Skalds are not uber warriors, they can't hit as hard as a thane, they can't take as much damage as a warrior.. Ok they have DD shouts.. So do thanes.. And they have a mezz, which compared to my mezzes is very shoddy.. Speed buff, fair play every realm has em, same for a dmg buff... So in my humble opinion, eat my ass armsman..

X

Xandax

Originally posted by old.Odysseus
Nerf friars.

Yeah - they are waay overpowered - I mean I actually lost..... I actually saw.... ehhh, is anybody playing this class? :D

E

Eleasias

nerf the skalds cause they have friends and karam doesnt

O

old.Karamon

Nerf the run speed song from skalds, they run too much..
and Nerf the cleric, they're uber
nerf the melee damage from bards, they hit me for 80 damage! that's uber damage. ;)
ah, and nerf the cabalist populations, they are growing too much
:)

:sleeping:

K

K0nah

Originally posted by old.Xandax
Yeah - they are waay overpowered - I mean I actually lost..... I actually saw.... ehhh, is anybody playing this class? :D

Friars would give most tanks/hybrids a very bad hairday played well. If I didnt already have a melee char I woulda taken mine further he was lots fun :(

R

Riddler

muuhh...mleehhh...blaaah...couldnt be arsed to read more then 1st page etc ...but stfu please

- Skald is a semi-tank, if u do some research, the main stats for a skald is; Primary: Charisma, Secondary: Strength, Tertiary: Constitution (a regular plain tank is Str, Con, Dex), which means we only get raised constitution every 3rd lvl if u STILL havent gotten it, so no, we have no more HP then an armsman

- Skald has 2 and ONLY 2 ddshouts just like the Minstrels

- Skald does NOT have Stun shout, tho i wish we had :D

I would go so far to say Champions are better:

- 1xDD

- 3x Insta-Debuffs (Str/Con - Dex/Quick - Attack speed)

- Insta-Snare

- Semi-Tank (Int, Str, Con afai can remember)

I would change one of my DD's for 3 debuffs any day, and, our speed is only good for fleeing, not during battle ;)
Sure, we have a nice instamez, but thats where minstrel got instastun

If u mistar karam played midgard you would shout nerf minstrels 24/7, but u have never fought one so... (tum tee tum...Chainarmor...Stealth...Castable Mez...2xDD...Instastun...Speed...Will get AE-Mez...tum tee tum...) ...who needs nerfing you say?

A

Antiarch

This is a transcript of a vnboards post and its in reply to Riddler post regarding the new uber minstrel aoe mezz (pls notice how especially low lvl skalds whine about minstrels....they want stun doh)

Minstrel: <starts casting AE mez>
Mid1: Oh look, theres someone waving at us from over there.
Mid2: No, I think it's a minstrel, he is trying to mez us.
Mid1: You sure ? I can still move.
Mid2: Yeah, look see he has a drum so he can sit and play powersong
in groups.
<4 seconds later on...>
Mid1: Oh yeah, we better do something about it.
Mid2(Healer): <casts insta AE>
Mid1(Skald): <casts insta single target>
Minstrel: Not again

Minstrel: Hehe I will have those nasty mids this time, I'll stealth up on the group and mez them all so my team which is hidden in the trees can come and kill them all.
Mid1 (Shadowblade): Who is that heading towards us ?
Mid2: Dunno but he looks alone.
Mid: <You perform you Perforate Artery perfectly>
Minstrel: Not again

Minstrel: Right, we must get them this time. I see a group of mids running down the road, stay hidden in the trees and I will mez them as they run past.
Minstrel: <Waits till mids are in range and starts casting.>
Mid1: Did you see anything ?
Mid2: Don't think so.
Minstrel: <Your target it out of range> Not again

Minstrel: Ooh a group at a milegate who arn't watching behing them. <starts casting mez>
<5 seconds later...>
Minstrel: Team charge! Doh, actually I only managed to get 2 of them within the area.
Enemy1: Oooh looks some albs... <mezzes them all>

Minstrel: Ah, today must be my lucky day! A group of enemy all stood very very close together and not looking around them! <stars casing mez>
Enemy1: Darn we are mezzed
Minstrel: I GOT THEM!!!! Come out of the trees and charge...
<10 seconds later team arrives from hiding place>
Team: Yay! now depending on their resists we have a whopping 10sec or so mez on them

Shortly after a hoard of mids* is seen so the group runs off... only to be caught by a healer with a skald* that insta AE mezzes them on the run...

* Feel free to replace with hibs and bard...

X

Xandax

Always seems people have a diffrent view of classes when they either are with them or against them :)

I hate minstrels, I've been messed by them so many times, when they just pop-up behind you and mess you.

Then you're hit by the 2 DDs and a Stun - so you can wait for the next 2 DDs.
Fortunally as I'm a semi-tank I can now usually handle these 4DDs and still have some 50% hits left. (more if I resist one, with seldom happens unless it is a blue con. minstrel gone brave)

So Albs. don't sell your minstrels short, they do perform (generally) really well in RvR and are a pain for most other classes.

O

old.LandShark

the minstrel AE mezz would have been overpowered had it gone live in it's original state (as it was originally in testing) i.e. our current, move-while-casting, 29secs+fluteBonus(around 15secs), flute song. This would have been stupid; 3sec-casted AE mezz that you can start from stealth and move while you're doing it. Overpowering, completely. So, in response to the huge "OMFG NERF" cry, it was made totally, totally useless. Couldn't they have just taken it out?
ffs mythic.
And this 5second-casting, stay-immobile spell is meant to be albion's secondary CC after the sorc? lol, can just see me trying to use a shite-range 15sec 200radius mezz at tanglers
TGW anyone?
:m00:

O

old.Ryzar

Originally posted by Karam_gruul

the only time any stealther has attacked me (excluding archers), was near the alb tk, when some newbie yellow con sb attacked, killed um in 1 hit.

so i doubt it would have been me you attacked :p the only other times an sb or ns has helped kill me is when im up against a skald, which is interesting.

but yea, as i've said abotu 3 times now for all those people saying, i've killed skalds before! i HAVE killed skalds before, but im saying its not a common occurance. well the thing is, as someone said before, skalds 'never' travel alone, they've usually got some backup.

but anyway, i find these posts quite hillarious. if everyone thinks im such a pilgrim and everything, then WHY when i come back from the last post i made last night, is there an entire page and a half of random replies. owned.

also, another funny thing, is like the other day, 3 lvl 50 mids killed me, Tilde and... cant remember the minsts name, but anyway it was fair teams, and we got absolutly dun up the rear. when we were lying there dead, BOTH me and Tilde were talking to each other about how increadibly over powered skalds are (sorry tilde), and how we both cant wait for the nerf patch. now im sorry, but tilde not bothering to reply to this thread or anything obviously shows he's scared what people will think of him if he says something others dont like.

like... hibs are shit, every single ONE of um.

i find THAT funny, this is a bloody game, all you noobs out there, trying to be 'proffesional' about it, saying stuff like, 'kids shouldnt play this' and stuff. WTF!? its a fecking computer game! if your over the age of 40 and playing this then theres probably something wrong with you. dont go making an online rpg into what it isnt. we need people like me, to stir up arguments, piss people off and get friction going between realms.

in other words, i own you alllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll

owned.

lol you seem to me like a journeyman shittalker
the n00b is you =) :m00:

A

Antiarch

Originally posted by old.LandShark
the minstrel AE mezz would have been overpowered had it gone live in it's original state

How about the full speed insta AOE mezz made by bard or by skald+healer combo ?:mad: isnt it a little bit overpowering :)?

Anyways I dont want to aoe mezz anything I want Europe to stop at 1.49 ;p

K

Khalen

You guys ever thought about it that spells/shouts can be resisted and fail?

S

Solarias--

rofl

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

congrats to karam who has to be the biggest prat ever oooooomg

ok so first of all he does 3 shouts doing 130-170 dmg each
we then have to wait about 30sec to use it again....by which time fighting a decent armsman a skald is dead.

then he hits me with his 2H axe for 370 dmg, i hit HIM for 270.... wait wait wait wait wait, wait, hang on, wowww, wait, who's the armsman here ?

theres no way a skald would hit u for 370 unless a) crush weapon B) critical hit with style and C) u have shity AF.....skalds are to wear to do that much...as for your 270 with a polearm omg....if thats all u do you're in serious trouble...

W

-Wedge-

It's been said, and I'll say it again, I smell a gimp here ;)

I have no clue how much damage I wil do at level 50, but I already do 200 ~ 300 on yellows at 43... (Depends hugely on their armor, but I'm thrust, so on chain I got quite a nice damage bonus)

But I sure hope its more then others (in melee) do to me, or I'm quiting :rolleyes:

R

Riddler

Originally posted by Antiarch
This is a transcript of a vnboards post and its in reply to Riddler post regarding the new uber minstrel aoe mezz (pls notice how especially low lvl skalds whine about minstrels....they want stun doh)

[...]

yawn, funny story and nice mocking of a lower lvl with probably alot more daoc experience then u? did u play both closed and open beta?, just because someone stops lvling for about a month and do other stuff (alts, rvr, prydwen) doesnt make them noobs :rolleyes:

and yes, i played a minstrel in the open beta and "farming" rp's were so much easier then with a skald

and btw, i was just pointing out that minstrel needs to be looked at by mythic more then a skald (and i never said Uber ae mez did i?)

K

Karam_gruul

I personally think armsmen got nerfed in the last patch without mythic saying anything.

before patch: 400-500 dmg per hit to yellow con skalds (lvl 48-49)

after patch: 250-370 dmg per hit to yellow con skalds (lvl 50)

i've noticed huge reduction in damage toward chain wearers lately, someone told me they'd fixed resist or something tho, so maybe thats why.

i dont know why people even bother saying gimp, i've told you my specs twice, im clearly not gimped, its not a matter of being gimped.

my armour IS shit at the moment, i've got aweful cardboard armour, simply because i dont ever want to kill a monster again now im 50, so i refuse to item hunt ;)

but anyway, i cant possibly be gimped, and my weapon is the best halberd in the game, so its nothing to do with me. its to do with something that mythic have done to resistences or something.

nm i still own

D

daarken

Originally posted by Karam_gruul
I personally think armsmen got nerfed in the last patch without mythic saying anything.

before patch: 400-500 dmg per hit to yellow con skalds (lvl 48-49)

after patch: 250-370 dmg per hit to yellow con skalds (lvl 50)

i've noticed huge reduction in damage toward chain wearers lately, someone told me they'd fixed resist or something tho, so maybe thats why.

i dont know why people even bother saying gimp, i've told you my specs twice, im clearly not gimped, its not a matter of being gimped.

my armour IS shit at the moment, i've got aweful cardboard armour, simply because i dont ever want to kill a monster again now im 50, so i refuse to item hunt ;)

but anyway, i cant possibly be gimped, and my weapon is the best halberd in the game, so its nothing to do with me. its to do with something that mythic have done to resistences or something.

nm i still own

So you think mythic stealth nerfed you, you have crap armour, a weapon that gets a penalty on chain, and you want skalds nerfed because of it?

K

Karam_gruul

Originally posted by daarken

So you think mythic stealth nerfed you, you have crap armour, a weapon that gets a penalty on chain, and you want skalds nerfed because of it?

umm no, i do want skalds nerfed, but they are being anyway, obvious sign they're far too over powered.

and if you'd read the post you just quoted, i said before the patch i was doing 500 odd dmg a hit to yellow con skalds, now im doing 250-370 odd, which is quite a dramatic drop in damage dont you think? the only thing i've changed since before the patch is my weapon, which is 1.1 dps higher now, and i have far better armour than i had before. so they've definatly nerfed something.

O

old.Arya

Duel me and you will cry NERF Heroines.
Still got no awnser on my priv message tho :D
Scared of girls ? Mr. I Own Exca ?

G

Garnet

I think karam is getting the popurarity of veeshan :clap:

As i will say again karam STFU and did i say u suck earlier?

W

-Wedge-

Wasnt there are 30% melee damage reduction for RvR?

Oohwell, you shouldnt forget the fact that they now have all 3 strength relics too... thats 30% more damage :/

But all in all, wouldnt forget to repair your weapon every now and then too :p

Fact is you use slash on chain which is also -15% damage... But last time I met a skald at the same level (alone) I beat it... And wasnt 'really close'...

D

daarken

Originally posted by -Wedge-
Wasnt there are 30% melee damage reduction for RvR?

Oohwell, you shouldnt forget the fact that they now have all 3 strength relics too... thats 30% more damage :/

But all in all, wouldnt forget to repair your weapon every now and then too :p

Fact is you use slash on chain which is also -15% damage... But last time I met a skald at the same level (alone) I beat it... And wasnt 'really close'...

I thought the dmg reduction was stopped(massive whining) so they boosted epic armours instead, kinda stealth dmg reduction.

3 strength relics gives me 20% bonus to all melee dmg, according to my resists page

I met Wedge in Odins the other night, he was orange con, and DAMN... that Bill hurts. Me and the hunter got you, but i think i survived more from luck than anything.

K

Karam_gruul

chain wearers USED to be no problem for me, skalds still owned me a bit obviously coz they're over powered, but i still used to do nice dmg to them. but now the dmg has been nerfed.

i aint even bothering playing the game anymore anyway, i've been on for about 3 minutes a day for the past 2 weeks, all i did was run to rvr, run into 500 mid lvl 50's, die, release, log.

i cant be arsed to play till the epic armour patch and/or the realm ability patch is here. game sucks too much atm.

Users who are viewing this thread