When are Skalds being nerfed?

O

old.Arya

Dunno where your prob is. I do low damage and never lost a 1:1 with a Skald. Btw if you can't loose don't play, saves us from lil babies crying NERF

K

Karam_gruul

Originally posted by old.Arya
Dunno where your prob is. I do low damage and never lost a 1:1 with a Skald. Btw if you can't loose don't play, saves us from lil babies crying NERF

NERF :clap:

O

old.Arya

/me taps Karams head and gives him a cookie
Stop crying lil baby :)

K

Karam_gruul

Originally posted by old.Arya
/me taps Karams head and gives him a cookie
Stop crying lil baby :)

<whispers to Arya>, why do you keep saying /me? its /em

N

Novamir

mmm my damage on yellow con chain wearers sucks just like Karam^^

http://crushclan.tripod.com/daoc/lol.jpg

someone please state what level bulwe is :)

slash polearms = gimp... to slow hitting to damage runemaster and mages before they can QC mez/root/stun on you, and slash does no damage to tanks :)

Edit: btw copy + paste link into browser address bar.

W

-Wedge-

So it was you, daarken, with the hunter... He was orange con to me, so I tend to lose from an orange and yellow ;)

But I think I missed once or twice... You got to love a 100% qual epic weapon though :p The damage output I got when I started using that weapon was short of amazing...

All I can say is that I dont think I'll be able to go back to those 90% qual weapons :rolleyes:

Karam, hope you have a 100% qual weapon dude... I mean, a 16.2 Dps, 90% qual weapon does about the same damage as your 14.2 Dps, 100% qual Epic weapon... (16.2 * 90% == 14.6)

And keep your weapon repaired at 100% con at all times...

Daarken, what level are you? ;)

O

old.Akirai

I compared a lvl 29 skald to a lvl 29 warrior

skald had 500 hp to 800 warriors.
skald hit 100 on yellow mob, warrior hit 150, both using same weapon.

Now think at lvl 50 when the difference in the hp and damage opens out even more.....skald is nowhere near as good in melee as a true tank, and will always lose 1 on 1 in melee against a true tank.

D

daarken

Originally posted by old.Akirai
I compared a lvl 29 skald to a lvl 29 warrior

skald had 500 hp to 800 warriors.
skald hit 100 on yellow mob, warrior hit 150, both using same weapon.

Now think at lvl 50 when the difference in the hp and damage opens out even more.....skald is nowhere near as good in melee as a true tank, and will always lose 1 on 1 in melee against a true tank.

my kobie skald has 930hits@lvl42
my str is maxed at 142.
taking off all the armour/items etc my hits drop to 890-ish i think
I hit ideal yellow mobs for around 200-250 inc dmg add (2h epic sword)

highest health ive had so far from shammy buff is around 1130.
shammy str buffs put me around 170-180 i think.

W

-Wedge-

Well, lets find out who is able to win... Daarken, when you hit 43, give me a PM and we'll setup a meet... I should ding 43.5 tonight, but 44 will take a while (my 43.5 points will go into shield which I wont be using on our encounter)...

Both unbuffed (ofcourse), and anything goes (mezz after first dd's etc)... I have 167 Str with items, about 1150 (give or take) HP... No idea how much damage I do on yellows these days... ;)
(btw, thats the strength that I have, no idea what my max is :p )

C

c0ngo

Wedge, u sure ure going 2b able 2 pull urself away from playing a gimped scout 2 get ur 1/2 ding or r u hoping he'll be logged in so u don't have the option ? :p

W

-Wedge-

He told me that he was gonna play tonight... He better, because he's gonna buy me, uh I mean himself, a hunter's bow from ody ;)
(told him he needed to get a faster bow to get rid of BT faster)

But damn, he might be just a tad gimped... But scouts ARE FREAKING FUN TO PLAY!

Man, my hart was pounding so hard yesterday when 16 middies where looking for me after killing their yellow caster friend... I shouldnt have tried a second time (they did find me then)...

Damn, I might even level him a bit just so that I can pump up his Stealth a bit... Red cons see him just a tad to easy... I probably should try a high level Infiltrator too... Seeing they mostly have better stealth... (and I miss the 1-on-1 feel of an armsman, although the sniper thingie suits me just fine)

C

c0ngo

Hehe same sort of thing when I was playing him :)

Helps you archer hunting as well with other chars cause u look where u'd hide.

0ld.mili

karuum when you get insta whine nerfed and get an insta brain when you feel like you are gonna whine like an idiot, maybe people will take you seriously.

:m00:

K

Karam_gruul

Originally posted by Novamir
mmm my damage on yellow con chain wearers sucks just like Karam^^

http://crushclan.tripod.com/daoc/lol.jpg

someone please state what level bulwe is :)

slash polearms = gimp... to slow hitting to damage runemaster and mages before they can QC mez/root/stun on you, and slash does no damage to tanks :)

Edit: btw copy + paste link into browser address bar.

lol thats rubbish damage. considering you have a bonus to it, its pretty pish. armour types i have bonus towards i do around 650 dmg a hit.

slash polearms are the most damaging type of polearm in albion, so aint really gimped.

novamirs rubbish lol

N

Novamir

well im gimped because i only have 39 spear, yet i do only 50 less dmg cap than you! l33t! :cool: thanks for making me feel better :)

and of course the chance that you actually DO good dmg is highly rare ... yellow con chain wearer...thwack 270... yellow con novamir with max slash resist...thwack 230 ;)

you cant even fucking hit a mage with your slow crap lol :D so this means your whole rvr is spent waiting for either a) lower cons, or b) leather wearing assassins who log in / go LD in front of you

must be fun ¬.¬

K

Karam_gruul

lol god your gay.

Originally posted by Novamir
well im gimped because i only have 39 spear, yet i do only 50 less dmg cap than you! l33t! :cool: thanks for making me feel better :)

and of course the chance that you actually DO good dmg is highly rare ... yellow con chain wearer...thwack 270... yellow con novamir with max slash resist...thwack 230 ;)

you cant even fucking hit a mage with your slow crap lol :D so this means your whole rvr is spent waiting for either a) lower cons, or b) leather wearing assassins who log in / go LD in front of you

must be fun ¬.¬

0ld.mili

Originally posted by Karam_gruul
lol god your gay.

love how you think you can determine someones sexuality from a few lines in a message board, NERF THIS ABILLITY.

K

Karam_gruul

Originally posted by 0ld.mili

love how you think you can determine someones sexuality from a few lines in a message board, NERF THIS ABILLITY.

lol your obviously new here.. novamir has prooven his homosexuality with his various pish posts.

O

old.Gelderon

kinda does have a point, but doesn't have the facts

Reasons for nerfing skalds...

NOT a single hib class has instamezz - FACT
Skalds have 2 DD shouts, dont know a single hib char that has 2
They have the speed of a bard, but they dont need an instrument, so can be chanted weapon in hand.
They have parry.
29sec instamezz shout
101sec instasnare shout

http://daoc.catacombs.com/test_spell2.cfm?classname=Skald if you dont believe me

A skald is a warden + bard, with all the useless spells and spec lines removed.

I can only compare to hib chars cause I dont have any other chars on any other realms. Basically if you're in hib and you're not a hero/stealther you're gonna die to a skald and there is nothing you can do about it. The only way you dont die to a skald is if you are not targeted by one, simple. If they took away their insta mezz crap and made it something that had a cast time and was interuptable then it would be fine. Another thing, afaik the skald speed chant cant be interupted either, if this is the case, then make it like the bard ffs. Supposedly in patch 1.51 bards are getting instamezz <sigh> I wish they would rather remove all instamezz/stun spells from the game because it is lame. You cant deny it.

D

daarken

Re: kinda does have a point, but doesn't have the facts

Originally posted by old.Gelderon
Another thing, afaik the skald speed chant cant be interupted either, if this is the case, then make it like the bard ffs.

Wrong, we drop from speed same as bard/minstrel.

You cant compare bards/skalds/minstrels..3 entirely different classes

bards are fast cc/healers/buffers
minstrels are fast rogues/cc
skalds are fast hybrid tanks

O

old.Gelderon

if this is the case

IF, I didn't say it was fact, it was kinda a question in the form of a statement.

fast hybrid tank? exactly why they should be nerfed, they basically have everthing you need for rvr in one char except stealth and god mode. The reason they are compared to minstrels and bards is because they have speed, mezz and DD.

V

Vireb

skalds dont have much hp oo gee and skalds are hard i have no ranged a skald insta mexz me then dd i self heal geez im full health hes fucked with no instas n1 mate :p proced to slap him silly with my staff oo the joy :p

0ld.mili

Originally posted by Karam_gruul

lol your obviously new here.. novamir has prooven his homosexuality with his various pish posts.

no, your obviously the twat here and i dont see why you keep posting things when no one can stand you.

O

old.Ryzar

Originally posted by Vireb
skalds dont have much hp oo gee and skalds are hard i have no ranged a skald insta mexz me then dd i self heal geez im full health hes fucked with no instas n1 mate :p proced to slap him silly with my staff oo the joy :p

how do you think does this work? ever healed while bashed with a hammer? ever seen a quickcasting friar?

your spell has been disturbed
you must wait bla
you are dead

:sleeping:

This is not a flame, just a statement that friars cant 1 on 1 skalds *G*

skalds natural enemies:

smite clerics before the patch (if played right)
any type of shield tank (if played right not a pala =P)
any type of BIG OUCH WEAPON tank (if played right)
any type of thrust 50 assasssin (if played right)
some minstrels prefered with thrust (if played right)
maybe a eldritch if he sees the skald first... (if played right)
gank squads (well um no skill involved)

nothing else... think there are enough classes that basically can win against a skald... but wait is it a 1 on 1 game? :rolleyes:

D

daarken

well, as it appears that I'm so bloody uber, even my ickle blue kobie skald, how come my early morning solo lvl42 relic raid on albion failed? damnit, i must have specced wrong or something :(

Users who are viewing this thread