What The F**k

G

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/wales/3654462.stm

this is especially annoying, my friend died of cancer and he had 8 weeks from finding out to dying.

if you have to wait for the hospital to see you to tell you you have/havent got cancer you could be dead bofore you get the appointment

typical

Tilda

If you read the article, it dosn't acctually say she has cancer, all you see is that she's worried she "might" have cancer, and has to wait for a while for a scan. Ok, so mabey its exactly as the BBC portrayed it. But due to patient confidentialliy, for all we know, she's been seen by 8 consultants all of whom are sure she hasn't got cancer and thus she has to wait while the people they do think may have cancer have a mamogramme(sp?).

I know, from personal experience, if your GP think you may well have cancer, you will get seen, and fast. My sister was seen the same day she went to see her GP. The system, imo, works when it needs too.
OFC it would be pretty shocking if this woman did acctually have cancer, however i really dont think she would have got bumped down the list if her GP thought she might be at risk. In england (it may be slightly different in wales) theres a healthservice guideline that allow GP's to refer anybody with suspected cancer to be seen within 2 weeks.
I dont want nor mean to belittle the horror of cancer (I know), but, all the article shows is a woman making a fuss that she cant get a mamogramme. Call me unsympathetic, but if her doctor thought she acctually was at risk, im inclined to believe she would have got a scan.

<Will eat his hat if she gets a scan and acctually has cancer>

Tilda

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom