Misc What I did today...

Zarjazz

Identifies as a horologist.
Sushi Samba is excellent, service a little slow, but excellent.

Good to hear. I've read mixed reviews so far especially the food isn't up to scratch for the price but I still want to try it for the view.

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
I went to bed at 20hrs yesterday and got up at 14hrs today. Bliss.

Yoni

Cockb@dger / Klotehommel www.lhw.photography
Booked tickets to the Isle of Man to visit my Parents in April. Really can't wait to see the doddery old pair.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Emptied my bank account by buying a Lectrosonics SRa and 2 SMQV transmitters. And I have to buy another lot too :( Stupid OFCOM.

Attachments

• IMAG0145.jpg
    IMAG0145.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 23

Edmond

Is now wearing thermals.....Brrrrr
I was drilling into a steel frame with a brand new drill bit. It took a grip and promptly shattered into 3 bits

One bit lodged in the steel, one bit still in the chuck and the middle bit decided to leave a nice half inch gash across my nose

Thanks

soze

I am a FH squatter
Went to see a different doctor who signed me off work for a week instantly and ordered a week of not speaking because I have Tracheobronchitis and Laryngitis. She then went on to explain that if I had come to see them sooner I would not need a week of voice rest. I informed her I was there on Friday but only told to change my diet. We then filled out a nice complaint letter against the twat I saw Friday.

sayward

Resident Freddy
I was drilling into a steel frame with a brand new drill bit. It took a grip and promptly shattered into 3 bits

One bit lodged in the steel, one bit still in the chuck and the middle bit decided to leave a nice half inch gash across my nose

Thanks
Oh no. Hope it's not too bad. We need another smiley for 'so sorry'.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
I think we have one for 'fuck you' though :upyours:

You've got a sexy scar. Deal ;)

What were you drilling anyway? I hate DIY for exactly this sort of reason*. I'd rather pay someone to DIFM.

*And that I'm utter utter garbage at it.

Edmond

Not DIY, it was at work.

We have just had a bad batch of drill bits, we buy them in packs of 20, and the last batch have been too brittle. We have to send all the broken ones back for a credit, which is a pain when they ping off 20ft away and you have to go and find the fuckers

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Not DIY, it was at work.

We have just had a bad batch of drill bits, we buy them in packs of 20, and the last batch have been too brittle. We have to send all the broken ones back for a credit, which is a pain when they ping off 20ft away and you have to go and find the fuckers

Stop buying cheap Chinese tat.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
I'm sure the lawyers would love Edmond (the injured worker) suing Edmond (the company owner)!

Surely Edmond could settle with himself out of court?

I think it's worth 10 grand, tax-free, as a settlement for injury to your face and fear of it happening again, Ed?

Seriously, there's bound to be a scam you can pull ;)

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber

Thanks
Think yourself lucky it gashed your nose instead of your eyeball amigo.

rynnor

Rockhound
Vae said:
I'm sure the lawyers would love Edmond (the injured worker) suing Edmond (the company owner)!

If its a limited company it has seperate legal entity.

Gumbo

FH is my second home
As a director of a limited company, you can't hide behind it for Health and Safety breaches though. See this very exciting publication http://www.hse.gov.uk/pubns/indg417.pdf .

The H&S consultant would probably at this point say that there is now an established pattern of substandard equipment breaking, which can directly cause injury. This is known and documented. If a director, with full knowledge of this fact allows said equipment to continue in use, then they are in breach of their responsibilities as a Director and liable to prosecution by the HSE.

But that's very boring.

This is why I don't let anyone else drive my JCB, not the fact that I like playing with a big yellow digger, oh no.

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
This is why I don't let anyone else drive my JCB, not the fact that I like playing with a big yellow digger, oh no.
I presume it is because of what happened the last time Trem got hold of it? ;)

Fweddy

FH is my second home
From what Gumbo just said I think we can be sure that there's an established pattern of Trem directly causing injury and subsequently he breaches Health and Safety guidelines.

TdC

you're all wrong: Trem is actually an H&S inspector :p

TdC

lies! he's not hurt himself in months ...unless he hurt himself so badly that he can't use the internets... :(

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
He only posts between hospital visits. More hospital visits = less posting time. Ergo, he's still a walking (probably limping, maybe even crawling) DIY catastrophe.

Edmond

Yeah, i don't think it would be financially viable to sue myself

Edmond

Nah settle out of court, order yourself to make you a nice Bacon sarnie everyday for a week.

Problem there is that i would eat it before i gave it to myself, then end up sacking myself....i just don't think i could handle the rejection

soze

I am a FH squatter
Problem there is that i would eat it before i gave it to myself, then end up sacking myself....i just don't think i could handle the rejection
Would leave you open to sub contract yourself back to yourself though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom