Well...there goes the life.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Nuking any players harvesters early on is a blow that most wont recover from.

Bunker up, hotkey siege tanks at the door, build turrets around the base and use that ghost to destroy the economy.

Atleast worked way back when :D

Garaen

One of Freddy's beloved
Grats :D - how does the ladder work, i'm rank 30 in gold, do i need to get to level 1 gold, win a game then i'll go up?

mooSe_

FH is my second home
No you don't have to be in any specific place in your division to get promoted. If you start winning consistently vs people in your league then it will start matching you against players in higher leagues, and if you start beating them too then eventually you will be promoted. Blizzard never released the actual way league promotions are calculated, I think this was to stop noob bashers from abusing the system and trying to hover in lower divisions where they get easy wins.

ileks

Part of the furniture
check it @ 3.28 and onwards.

TLO doing it, thats why ive tried it. Doing it mostly for fun. Add in ravens for pure awesomeness.

Just tried it and it worked against a few platinum terrans :) Have to make sure you hide the ghost academies tho. In one case i nuked all of the guys SCV's in one :) I need to work on controlling the ghosts/medivac properly and still managing my base properly tho.

Makes a nice break to TvT games which seem to always last at least 30 mins anyway :clap:

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Nothing like playing against an A.I. and getting roachrushed :(

HArd opponent though.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
What got me most about going from SP to MP, was that the tactics I had in my head didn't work - because you don't get the cool units you do in SP :/

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
What got me most about going from SP to MP, was that the tactics I had in my head didn't work - because you don't get the cool units you do in SP :/

Yeah, guess how much i miss perditition cannons in mp :(

Had a fun fight that i managed to save as replay, just have to figure out a way to put it somewhere.

Think this works, i think, dunno;

RapidShare: 1-CLICK Web hosting - Easy Filehosting

10 time dl limit but ah well.

To say the least, as the guy/gal mentioned ingame, "rude" :D

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Well jsut finished my placement games, 1 victory :(

Off to the colemines of bronze league.

LAst game was rather fun, both of us on 1 victory alone, last placement game for both, i doublenuked him and he marine rushed me :p

At the end i was running away with a lone base with full energy, no landing spot and boom comes the viking.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Hih, first bronze game, +44 ranks :D

Bunker up, dropship with 2 ghosts, 2 nukes and cloaked bombers.

Didn't even get a gg :(

Levin

Can't get enough of FH
Baah, why are you all playing Terran!?? I want someone to discuss Protoss tactics with! :D

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Fuck you toht! Where was that game you were meant to play against me while you were still a noob?

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
I think thats my 3rd or 4th post placement game :p

Hardly non-noob material, but i'm in the MP now atleast.

Levi, i'm also playing Toss and Zerg for fun, sometimes, and i think my main was Toss back in the day.

It's a bastard of a race to fight against and has a lot of ways to go. Little less sneaky then terran, but still some nice tricks there.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
I've got one 1v1 placement left. Been doing the 2v2's and 3v3's as well.

Just had a 1 hour 30 minute 1 v1, T v T game. Bloody guy just would not surrender. His main two bases were just full of turrets and siege tanks, but he had no money left to rebuild. It took a hell of a lot of sacrificial rushes from my troops to get through that. I had the entire rest of the map - a base in every resource point.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
If someone bunkers up like that, i used to return the favor by setting up siege tanks/turrets/etc near the entrance to their base, to keep them in, and then just build up a huge fleet of cattlebruisers.

Yamato cannons absolutely love to eat turrets ;)

Select whole fleet -> click yamato button -> click turret -> repeat spam until turrets are goners :D

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Nice, higher then me :p

I got a bronze 100, though jumped up a bit after that. Still lower then that ;)

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
First match won, although only just. I need to revise my T v P tactics.

Bronze 12 now. Thing is, if I go up a div, I'll get slaughtered!

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Don't worry about it, then you'll come back down, go back up, etc until you start slaughtering like this :D

Attachments

• unbreak.jpg
    unbreak.jpg
    26.3 KB · Views: 50

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
I got that one already I think, I just got meat grinder.

Some idiot protoss player had me, attacked my main base, massive superiority. This was on desert oasis, I lifted off all my structures, and set up two bases on the isolated "islands". The idiot took another hour to finish me off LOL. I had a fleet of vikings and banshees at each base to simply repel attacks. For some reason he didn't think to build a mothership or two, or even any carriers. Despite having all the other resources on the map. Was funny baiting him. He kept telling me to quit, so I naturally refused to :)

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
For f's sake...had a ton of dropships with marauders, launched 3 nukes at enemy base, got a fleet of cloaked bombers en route and what happens? You were dropped :(

By the way, usually 3 nukes in one spot kills all structures(base not included).

Great way to take out air factories or toss warp gates.

Andrilyn

Can't get enough of FH
Currently playing Protoss and does anyone got any idea how to deal with the Terran mecha tech that seems to be oh so populair atm?
Collosi and Carriers get gibbed by vikings and if you try and counter with stalkers he just moves his tanks in and locks you into your expansions as at that point your main base recourses are already gone.
Mothership is pointless as by the time you get it out he will have atleast 2+ command centers already and just mass scans.

These days when I see Terran players I just try and cheese them with proxy pylons early on or warp prisms as if they push it to the late game I just dont see how to stop them.
Needless to say I am still a beginner in SC2 though would like to know how the more expert protoss players deal with this, just try and win fast? or plain superior micro/macro? or something else?

Against other Protoss and Zerg I seem to do pretty good and even checking replays against Terran players I played it just sometimes looks they can do so much more with so much less, but I guess thats just my inexperience atm.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Immortal stalker combo, especially with blink, is nice against tank+air.

Immortals, with armor upgrades, take a ton of damage.

Also might want to bring some zealots or high templars for marauder offchance.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom