DAOC Uthgard

What Realm would you like to see the FH guild roll on.

• Will be playing with others.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
So, for those that aren't aware what Uthgard is;

It's a freeshard server that had over 1000 players before they shut it down for a reset, with this reset, they're planning to make it totally classic, including the old RA abilities and stuff (Prior to reset, it was old school in every way apart from RA's really.)

Since FH has lifted the censorship on Freeshards, I thought it would be a cool idea to organise a guild on a realm, so there's a poll for people to respond to if they're interested in playing.

Bare in mind this will be a fresh server, so it would be absolutely perfect for a nostalgia trip.

Note for mods; obviously we won't call it THE FREDDYSHOUSE GUILD. :p

Mabs

J Peasemould Gruntfuttock
wheres the "i realm hop to follow relics cos i like to win" option ? :p

Gwadien

wheres the "i realm hop to follow relics cos i like to win" option ? :p

Haha, it's a Classic server though, so leveling and templating is a bitch.

Himse

FH is my second home
Note; it's nowhere near complete. Last updated the website in October.

Gwadien

Note; it's nowhere near complete. Last updated the website in October.
Aye, I know, but thought it would be worth establishing stuff incase it just randomly turns up on day.

Billargh

I am a FH squatter
Himse beat me to it, dunno when/if it's ever going to come back up.

Alb ftw though!

Tuthmes

FH is my second home
Himse beat me to it, dunno when/if it's ever going to come back up.

Alb ftw though!

That might change my decision. Will go Albion if Samaroon makes an appearance there. Might make an Highlander scout and call it Aoln.

Gwadien

We could have like 20 Fire wizzies and sit on AMG in Emain.

Billargh

I am a FH squatter
That might change my decision. Will go Albion if Samaroon makes an appearance there. Might make an Highlander scout and call it Aoln.
Samaroon will forever be a scrawny Briton with terrible ginger hair resembling curtains and a goatee!

I kinda think it'd be fun if there were basically no twink characters too, just a tonne of useless Armsmen/Mercs/Fire Wizards for leveling. It was like Christmas finding a Paladin or an Ice Wizard for your group back in the day.

Gwadien

Samaroon will forever be a scrawny Briton with terrible ginger hair resembling curtains and a goatee!

I kinda think it'd be fun if there were basically no twink characters too, just a tonne of useless Armsmen/Mercs/Fire Wizards for leveling. It was like Christmas finding a Paladin or an Ice Wizard for your group back in the day.

Well, you can't dual log, and they also are pretty good at people that are logging on two separate PC's so unless you have mate's who are going to be willing to level characters specifically for PLing, it would be quite difficult.

That's another aspect, you couldn't PL on the previous Uthgard too, they found a way of you stopping from doing it, it took me like 2-3 weeks to get to level 50 on my Healer. :p

Himse

FH is my second home
I wouldn't be surprised if they change that for this server. I hope they make the RvR the main focus and allow buff bots etc, maybe even if the dual logging etc is PVE only.

Gwadien

I wouldn't be surprised if they change that for this server. I hope they make the RvR the main focus and allow buff bots etc, maybe even if the dual logging etc is PVE only.

Well, they had ranges on buffs, so I do think it's their intent to keep it that way, it wasn't for the server performance, it was because they wanted to keep it as 'classic as possible' (which caused lots of arguments of interpretations of 'classic')

I guess it's also to stop people having an absolute shit loads of alts, although mind you, I did once get a guy to level 45 from 20 in a weekend by semi-afk buffbotting him, but it wasn't illegal, because I was in a different country, hah.

So in effect, yeah, it could suck if you don't have friends, I'm a bit torn on the whole buffbot thing, I guess it's now got to a stage where if your PC can't run two accounts of DAOC, you're a bit special.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
The notion of classic was flawed on Uthgard, they argued "Its not classic if buffbots are allowed" its not classic with spellcrafting either but they still had that. Proper classic = no spellcrafting, no buffbots etc.

Gwadien

The notion of classic was flawed on Uthgard, they argued "Its not classic if buffbots are allowed" its not classic with spellcrafting either but they still had that. Proper classic = no spellcrafting, no buffbots etc.

Aye, I'm not entirely sure what happened since I didn't play from the beginning but I don't think they ever wiped toons prior to changing from NF to OF.

I don't know if they had buffbots in NF, but I guess it's a lot easier to say no buffbots and say yes to spell crafting since everyone has already had their spell crafting done and would piss people off to remove it.

That's why they also restarted the server, there was a couple of Realm Rank 12 people around at this point, this coupled with the rise of Genesis meant they had a perfect chance to bow out and start afresh;

Would have been pointless to bring in the old RP system but still have RR12's running around. :p

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
The thing is, the people that ran Uthgard claimed early DAOC had no buffbots, that just isn't true, there were loads of bots around, nowhere near todays scale but they did exist, there was no golden age where no one had buffbots, someone always had a buffbot, i genuinely question if any of the Uthgard staff even played DAOC back then, i'm guessing not since they seemed to have a false image of how it was.

Most of the high RR stealthers at the time all ran buffbots, most of the people who had played Everquest previous ran buffbots because buffbots were common in Everquest.

Gwadien

The thing is, the people that ran Uthgard claimed early DAOC had no buffbots, that just isn't true, there were loads of bots around, nowhere near todays scale but they did exist, there was no golden age where no one had buffbots, someone always had a buffbot, i genuinely question if any of the Uthgard staff even played DAOC back then, i'm guessing not since they seemed to have a false image of how it was.

Most of the high RR stealthers at the time all ran buffbots, most of the people who had played Everquest previous ran buffbots because buffbots were common in Everquest.

I don't know, they have quite alot of input from the players, there's players on there that played since release and then quit when Uthgard came out, and stuck to that ever since.

Maybe you're right and they have a skewered point of view, or perhaps it is server stability related, I guess there's a fear that everyone could in effect run 2 buffbots each which would triple the server population.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
I don't know, they have quite alot of input from the players, there's players on there that played since release and then quit when Uthgard came out, and stuck to that ever since.

Maybe you're right and they have a skewered point of view, or perhaps it is server stability related, I guess there's a fear that everyone could in effect run 2 buffbots each which would triple the server population.

No doubt, I didn't mind the no buffbot rule in RvR, I thought it was a shit rule for PVE though, especially given most people get pl'd in PVE anyway so the whole "But it promotes grouping" thing just didn't wash with me.

Shagrat

I am a FH squatter
Midgard of course, so i dream about valiantly attempt to smash people in the face with axes whilst waiting for those little sparkly lights and zzzzzz's to go away.

Tilda

We were midgard before the Uthgard wipe, it was okay, but Mid is a crap place to level.
Yes they are OP'ed at this patch level, but honestly I'd rather go alb.

I went Hib for Genesis which was okay, but I've done lots of hib.

Honestly every man and their dog will go Mid or Hib IMHO, albs will be underdog, the leveling is easy and the realm is fun. I'd love to run a mixed group or caster group on alb. Its my personal preference by far.

Tilda

Given that Cody has been kicked out, why don't we roll on Alb Genesis?!

Gwadien

Is it still bugged to buggery?

Mabs

J Peasemould Gruntfuttock
Midgard of course, so i dream about valiantly attempt to smash people in the face with axes whilst waiting for those little sparkly lights and zzzzzz's to go away.

you need a pocket demezzer :p

healer is for life, not just for christmas

Gwadien

People who have voted - any thoughts on Genesis?

CorNokZ

Currently a stay at home dad
I'd love to return to my roots and play alb again. Anyone know if they will implement SI this time around, like Genesis did? Would not mind playing cleric

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom