DAOC Uthgard

What Realm would you like to see the FH guild roll on.

• Will be playing with others.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Himse

FH is my second home
Savage was op as shit too. Honestly I've given up with attempting to play DAoC, I tried a little bit of Eden and I remind myself why I stopped playing.

I doubt i'll bother with any servers from now on.

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
So, these servers are non SI?!? Have they upped the XP from old school. Taking a month or two+ to get to level 50 was :(.

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
@Himse - Eden was a bag of shit, ever since Eve left Adam has just been getting staff in who run GVG groups and bases the servers on them, your options were fight zergs or fight elite groups 5v5, was quite retarded. The good groups just farmed into oblivion.

@Hawkwind & @CorNokZ - Uthgard should have SI, they were putting it into the last server, but they were building it from scratch.

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
Thanks Gwad, what about the battlegrounds, decent xp in those? Thid and Molv were always good for a laugh with a decent population.

Gwadien

Thanks Gwad, what about the battlegrounds, decent xp in those? Thid and Molv were always good for a laugh with a decent population.

Yeah, Battlegrounds were a pretty good way of leveling up, I'm not entirely sure how they're going to do it this time around but you could get to 4L2 in level 45-49 Thidranki, which was a nice touch to help the new players.

But apart from that yeah, leveling wasn't that bad, loads of nostalgia trips and leveling 20 odd times in BG.

Tuthmes

FH is my second home
Yeah, Battlegrounds were a pretty good way of leveling up, I'm not entirely sure how they're going to do it this time around but you could get to 4L2 in level 45-49 Thidranki, which was a nice touch to help the new players.

But apart from that yeah, leveling wasn't that bad, loads of nostalgia trips and leveling 20 odd times in BG.

The battlegrounds were changed a month before closure. Thidranki went back to levels 20-24 and the last bg was Kaldrheim levels 36-42 (highest allowed realmrank: 2L9). Which basically destroyed the population.

See: http://uthgard.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=47&t=32813

Gwadien

The battlegrounds were changed a month before closure. Thidranki went back to levels 20-24 and the last bg was Kaldrheim levels 36-42 (highest allowed realmrank: 2L9). Which basically destroyed the population.

See: http://uthgard.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=47&t=32813

That's fine if they're gonna do that on the new server, because it means that we're all starting again from scratch anyway.

I was level 50 and RR6ish at this point, that's the reason why I forgot about this :p

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
Levelling was a so easy in NF, ML5 Caby, Friar and Cleric Bot for buffs and rezz when things go badly, then find masses of mobs in the RvR Dungeon (name escapes me). Could take down 2 x 30 + purps and lvl a char from 1-50 in 2 sessions of 6-7 hours.

Tuthmes

FH is my second home
Passage of Conflict, aka PoC. We hade leveling down there down to a science.

CorNokZ

Currently a stay at home dad
Me and a few others were introduced by a Chinese guy to an exploit in the ML7 dungeon. Took literally 5-10 minutes to get from level 1 to level 50 and you got a shit ton of plats and loot from it too. Could level 2-4 toons at the same time. Was epic.

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
I used to invite anyone who wanted PL if we were in PoC but mostly guildies, only two spots were taken by Caby and Bot. Friar (health proc) was kicked and logged after buffing every 10 mins, also useful in case we got ganked by an RvR group :). So up to 6 spots were available for PL. It worked great and the loot was decent enough. We also used to go to some of the big Sehk camps in Atum if people needed Glass for ML's or selling etc. the ML with the huge roving band of gypo sehk was excellent XP about 80 odd mobs :)

Leveling was easy enough, even without PL using the BG's. Must admit I'd be very apprehensive if the freeshards were totally old school xp. The mere thought of endless hours of trees in Lyonesse fills me with dread.

CorNokZ

Currently a stay at home dad
When I played Genesis last year it was alright. Lots of groups, at least on hib, and mostly did leveling in the frontiers. But I know albs had that sick orc spot in SI which was camped just about 24/7. Afaik the repop mechanism worked, so the coding crew were not totally without skills. I enjoyed my time on the server and thinking of going back some time soon

Tuthmes

FH is my second home
Icewizz, healer and a puller with the tents exploit in Avalon also did the trick nicely. Think my infil got pl'd at the orc spot on live, good times. The ML7 dungeon was full of exploits btw. If i remember correctly there there were 4 rooms you could get ported too with lots of spawn. It never made up for the time waisted by ML raids whiping on Katorii though. :(

Gwadien

I think the best way of levelling as a guild would be just to do it by ourselves, I can commit to set times but I've had so many shitty times of people saying they can commit and massively falling behind.

I'm game for set evenings but not on a main character at least.

Tilda

My finals are in 4 weeks and end in mid march.
Before that I'm game for probably 1 night a week, after that, I am so keen!

Tuthmes

FH is my second home
Many, many months will pass before Uthgard will reopen. Infact the odds are it will never reopen anyway.

Gwadien

If Uthgard ever comes back, I'm expecting there to be 2k people on it, that's 2k people that will be PvEing for the first few months which would absolutely awesome.

Billargh

I am a FH squatter
If Uthgard ever comes back, I'm expecting there to be 2k people on it, that's 2k people that will be PvEing for the first few months which would absolutely awesome.
I'd cum buckets.

Tilda

Just rolled on Alb Genesis - and I'm already addicted.

SI is in, and PoC is in. Leveling so far is easy, some necro is grouped with me and he has a buffbot :D
I'm making a Cabby, anybody wanna Sorc/cleric/theurg?

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
I thought buffbots were illegal? or are they legal on Genesis?

Soulja_IA_

Can't get enough of FH
Apparently it meant to be Buffbot Free tho you can have 2 accounts from same IP if you register as a family account BUT they will check.

I know Uthgard is no Buffbot <-----Lost 1 account out of the 3 last time lol

Gwadien

Might give Genesis a go @Tilda although I won't dedicate to it too much, really hoping for Uthgard coming back tbh.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Whats this no bb carebare bollocks? Its not like it costs people 2 subs and I could probably run 2 accounts on my phone.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Whats this no bb carebare bollocks? Its not like it costs people 2 subs and I could probably run 2 accounts on my phone.

they're trying to maintain a classic feel... which is bollocks because there has always been buffbots in DAOC.

Tilda

Me too @Gwadien am lvl 8 atm, just debating if I should make abot account and chance it. Or atleast some alt to level with us.

Gwadien

Me too @Gwadien am lvl 8 atm, just debating if I should make abot account and chance it. Or atleast some alt to level with us.
Well, I'd probably roll a Cleric anyway, so if you don't go stupidly far ahead, I'd be more than happy to level up with you, assuming that focus pulling purty sick :)

Dutx

One of Freddy's beloved
This start for scratch sounds good enaugh for me to waste some time till summer , but u got an indication when will they actually start the server?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom