Uthgard

SilverHood

FH is my second home
Some brutal RvR today! Was running around on my skald with a shammy in tow, fighting other small mans for about 3 hours. Eventually things escalated and we had to get a FG together. Things rapidly went downhill as we got killed over and over by pretty much anything that moved. Occasionally we'd zerg and get some RPs, but not a good showing for Midgard. In our defense, we were mostly RR2-3 and the alb and hib groups were really good, and RR4+

chipper

Can't get enough of FH
if any one finds themselves on Hibernia Celtic Fist is up and running again and pretty much just starting to get our feet wet in RvR fair few old faces lots of new ones. if anyone finds themselves starting on uthgard for first time or does a realm switch to HIB like few of us did before it became FOTM thing to do! look us up always looking to expand the ranks

Dvaerg

Part of the furniture
Ok so we finally decided to xfer to Hibernia. Anyone over there :D? We are like 10 ppl going there.

chipper

Can't get enough of FH
we have ppl on here spread out across all 3 realms heres the hib discord Discord - Free voice and text chat for gamers dunno what your plans are in regards to guilds etc with such a large number of you might be worth making your own guild if you pm me (bredana) ill drop you 100g to distribute between you all set guild up etc depends on your plans prob easier to contact me on discord tbh im on as chipper in the hib discord channel

Dvaerg

Part of the furniture
Yeh will be on hib the 18th so still a little time until we get there.

And thanks :D

gohan

FH is my second home
I'm on Hib with a few people, but our guild has gone real quiet recently, only about 8 active members now and only like 3-4 on at a time during prime time :(
maybe it's time we amalgamate the freddy's guilds :p

chipper

Can't get enough of FH
gohan Celtic Fist is going strong atm hit me up in game chippar/bredana if you wanna talk about possibly all of u joining

inqy

One of Freddy's beloved
If you fancy a slightly more casual daoc experience, join my guild on Hib (Expedient Demise). Read my post on Uthgard forums or go direct to our forums: eXPedient demise (XPd) Guild forums. You can also join our Discord channel and chat to officers/me: Discord - Free voice and text chat for gamers

We are a global guild and have a heavy presence late evening UK time due to the high number of US players. I'm trying to grow the activity closer to the BST/CET social play times so friendly Freddys players are always welcome!

Thadius

Part of the furniture
Dunno what its like when you guys play, but Albion(my realm) have just been getting steamrolled night after night by Hibs. I know a lot have transferred from Alb recently.

Albion's population seems to have dropped a lot in the past two weeks, with not nearly as many necros (lol) on as normal, but constant keep takes from Hiblets in the same time.

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
Dunno what its like when you guys play, but Albion(my realm) have just been getting steamrolled night after night by Hibs. I know a lot have transferred from Alb recently.

Albion's population seems to have dropped a lot in the past two weeks, with not nearly as many necros (lol) on as normal, but constant keep takes from Hiblets in the same time.

All the set groups left I think, are Prime still around?

I just lost motivation to play tbh, not sure what it is, but just didn't feel like DAOC. I guess it was just because it was 8v8 all the time.

SilverHood

FH is my second home
All the set groups left I think, are Prime still around?

I just lost motivation to play tbh, not sure what it is, but just didn't feel like DAOC. I guess it was just because it was 8v8 all the time.

I have the same feeling. The constant 8 vs 8 mentally is painful. My best moments was when we rolled 2-3 FG's and clashed with an equal number of opponents. Sure, we all died in a fire around half the time, but it was a good time nonetheless, and all classes were welcome. Unless I get in one of the 8 mans running NA time, I might as well just go play something else. Stellaris with Utopia is good :)

Gwadien

I have the same feeling. The constant 8 vs 8 mentally is painful. My best moments was when we rolled 2-3 FG's and clashed with an equal number of opponents. Sure, we all died in a fire around half the time, but it was a good time nonetheless, and all classes were welcome. Unless I get in one of the 8 mans running NA time, I might as well just go play something else. Stellaris with Utopia is good :)
I was looking at the DLC for Stellaris, is Utopia the only one -really- needed? Don't fancy spending £80 on DLC :p

Pinkmaggit

Loyal Freddie
Just made a Thuergist named Wildz and joined up with GOL on alb.. Damn so excited to get some nostalgic feelings ! .

See u at Amg !

old.Osy

No longer scrounging, still a bastard.
Server population has drastically fallen, with primetime EU @ max 1400 players. NA primetime is a joke, somewhere around 800 max.

However, it seems stable in the past 2-3 weeks, at the numbers stated above.

Pinkmaggit

Loyal Freddie
Ok .. ye i have been watching the numbers over these months but havent played any..
But if it could stay around 1500 in the summertimes i quess thats ok ..
Dunno if ywain have much more than that ? Not including bb´s i cant think they have ?=D

Gwadien

Ok .. ye i have been watching the numbers over these months but havent played any..
But if it could stay around 1500 in the summertimes i quess thats ok ..
Dunno if ywain have much more than that ? Not including bb´s i cant think they have ?=D

Are GoL running RvR yet?

gohan

FH is my second home
gohan Celtic Fist is going strong atm hit me up in game chippar/bredana if you wanna talk about possibly all of u joining
stopped playing just after posting this although we were in your guys' alliance anyway (The Gang Makes a Guild). We're on Alb now for no real reason, just dicking around in BG's but I can't honestly see it lasting, just don't have the time (he says having characters on all 3 realms). Started with a level 40 friar on alb and 7 months later I'm back on alb with a 40 Armsman

gohan

FH is my second home
anyone rich on alb that's quit and wants to give me lots of shineys? not gonna lie, cba to spend time farming for an armsman temp on a server that will be dead before i get it finished

chipper

Can't get enough of FH
game is dying hard atm i think the BG update was a huge nail in the coffin it took people away from 50 RvR seems to have been a pretty big decline past few weeks is it cos its summer or has the nostalgia finally died with many?

Gwadien

anyone rich on alb that's quit and wants to give me lots of shineys? not gonna lie, cba to spend time farming for an armsman temp on a server that will be dead before i get it finished
yeah when can you get on?

gohan

FH is my second home
game is dying hard atm i think the BG update was a huge nail in the coffin it took people away from 50 RvR seems to have been a pretty big decline past few weeks is it cos its summer or has the nostalgia finally died with many?
Yeah they should of had the bgs from day1 to tease people into rvr, but far too little too late. 90% of the people that started in Jan are adults with lives and cannot commit 6 months to get to 50. They needed to double the xp 4 months ago when nostalgia dipped and people started leaving

LordjOX

Part of the furniture
Nostalgia was awesome for the first few months, yeah. But not having many of the QOL stuff you were used to at live killed it for me. I don't want to spam twist as bard, wait for 10min on pad after missing the porter (or someone else failing neck check). Many small things just sucked up too much playtime. Funny enough getting to 50 was the most fun part. But I guess many dropped off before that. Actually considering playing Live now, man the game has aged well even after so many years.

Gwadien

Nostalgia was awesome for the first few months, yeah. But not having many of the QOL stuff you were used to at live killed it for me. I don't want to spam twist as bard, wait for 10min on pad after missing the porter (or someone else failing neck check). Many small things just sucked up too much playtime. Funny enough getting to 50 was the most fun part. But I guess many dropped off before that. Actually considering playing Live now, man the game has aged well even after so many years.

I don't think it was, I think it was more to do with it was far too clinical - everyone was there for 8v8 and the setups were the same etc, just got repetitive and boring.

The most fun I had on Uthgard was a zerg fight in the bowl, like 4 FGs of each realm battering each other for ages.

Playing in the top groups fighting top groups was just more of the same shit.

old.Osy

No longer scrounging, still a bastard.
Uthgard is still alive, i've met Jamiesmallicus (and killed him, too ;) ). The EU prime time gets about 1.1, 1.2k players, so enough to carry out regular rvr and relic raids, etc.

Dinged rr5 meanwhile

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom