DAOC Uthgard

What Realm would you like to see the FH guild roll on.

• Will be playing with others.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
No idea mate, there's no real indication, but I'd imagine it'd be up some time this year, if it's not up this year, I wouldn't expect it to be up at all.

I wonder if any of the guys from Aysleum (or what ever the hell it was called) would play again.

Tilda

Gwad and I are going to play Genesis alb!
Anybody else want to join us? We are Cabby & Cleric!

Dutx

One of Freddy's beloved
If we get a fresh start im pritty sure most will play yeh, daoc was always my favorite mmo.

Gwadien

By the way, who can remember who quit the forums because of the Freeshards censorship?

I might drop 'round some PMs.

@megadave for one..

Gwadien

Dur bin an updatez0rs!

Check the website.

Gwadien

No Si ?

trying to confuse us?

Yes No ?
They said they wont release SI on release, because there's still too much work to do on it.

Which seems daft since the servers been down for that long anyway most people probably won't mind waiting. :p

Tilda

They said they wont release SI on release, because there's still too much work to do on it.

Which seems daft since the servers been down for that long anyway most people probably won't mind waiting. :p

Lots of people would mind waiting!

CorNokZ

Currently a stay at home dad
The problem with Uthgard is that it is truly old school hardcore daoc. No pl, no buffbots, no SI, no nothing. Atleast Genesis have tried to keep it old school, but not kick your teeth in when trying to reach level 50.

Genesis works well, not 100%, but well enough. It is a massive plus that it has SI implemented. Once the old rvr dungeons and BGs are implemented, I find it hard to see me ever returning to Uthgard. I got a shaman to level 50 and rvr ready on Uthgard, and then they closed down the server without a notice. I doubt it'll still be there once the server opens up again. And having to go through that again? No thanks.

Dutx

One of Freddy's beloved
That's the problem with free shards you invent alot of time in doing pve to 50 and alot more time in doing rvr and gaining rr's but you have no safety net if at a point they just decide to close the server and to do a character wipe. Tbh i d rather pay some monthly fee just to have the safety that the hours you put it the game arrent going to go down the drain whenever someone feels like it.

Gwadien

The problem with Uthgard is that it is truly old school hardcore daoc. No pl, no buffbots, no SI, no nothing. Atleast Genesis have tried to keep it old school, but not kick your teeth in when trying to reach level 50.

Genesis works well, not 100%, but well enough. It is a massive plus that it has SI implemented. Once the old rvr dungeons and BGs are implemented, I find it hard to see me ever returning to Uthgard. I got a shaman to level 50 and rvr ready on Uthgard, and then they closed down the server without a notice. I doubt it'll still be there once the server opens up again. And having to go through that again? No thanks.
Meh, Uthgard up for like 7 years before that wipe.

Imagine the RR12s.. infact, it's the RR12s that wanted the wipe and are eager to return.

Dutx

One of Freddy's beloved
Meh, Uthgard up for like 7 years before that wipe.

Imagine the RR12s.. infact, it's the RR12s that wanted the wipe and are eager to return.

I doubt the rr12's wanted to wipe after they invested years in playing uthgard from what i\ve read most of the high rr\s was quite against the character wipe, they did it because no new ppl would come to server because after u reached lvl 50 and u went to rvr u would be farmed by rr12 groups , it was very next to impossible to win a fight a group fight at rr3 vs rr11-12 with all their abilities up.

Brilliance

Can't get enough of FH
Man... I'm getting a very strong daoc itch, but cba to play on genesis or live.
Uthgard is was the most fun I've had in years, but we can't even speculate when it's coming back up. Camelot: Unchained might even come first -.-

Brilliance

Can't get enough of FH
Ermm the Uthgard site has been down for a 3 days or so, should we be worried? :S

CorNokZ

Currently a stay at home dad
Don't know if people noticed, but there was a new grab bag out after the summer on August 8th. Probably more of a Q&A than an actual grab bag, but hey.. See above post for the website

Still no release date obviously, just saying not to get your hopes up

Gwadien

Aye I'm keeping monthly tabs on it

Gwadien

SERVER IS UP.

For internal testing it seems

:(

Himse

FH is my second home
Oh DAoC, the game I don't want to play because I know it'll suck, but I seem to check up on it & want to open my live account etc.

Gwadien

Anyone planning to play on the relaunch?
Yep, I'll get the old thread revived and try and organise so we get a FH crew going, perhaps make our own guild/merge into another.

Billargh

I am a FH squatter
This could be the reason for me to get a working PC up and running again.

Afran

Part of the furniture
Looking forward to this. Not sure if I'll participate in the beta, though.

Brilliance

Can't get enough of FH
Two days 'till the beta test. Can't wait for my nostalgia dose.

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
Are we going to have an announcement re. the guild?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom