United States Corrupt Twattery

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Man admits to living in a cave for the last 8 years.
Hard disagree. If Trump was convicted of rape then his party and the vast majority of his voters would ditch him rapidly and never look back.

It's a kind of weird hysteria to seriously think otherwise IMO.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
Hard disagree. If Trump was convicted of rape then his party and the vast majority of his voters would ditch him rapidly and never look back.

Absolutely not. They would both say that it was political conviction by the deep state / far left democrats and that she was up for it really, even though it didn't happen.

Findings in a court of law mean nothing to these people. They just don't believe them. Dominion successfully sued Fox News over election lies. How many republicans did that change the mind of? Absolutely zero. And it's got nothing to do with civil / criminal, they just refuse to believe it.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Are you really saying that half the American public wouldn't care about putting a convicted rapist in charge?

Not ten percent, or twenty percent, but half?

(Edit: Just as disturbing as this would be if the other half believed everything the government said.)

Wij

I am a FH squatter
Are you really saying that half the American public wouldn't care about putting a convicted rapist in charge?

Not ten percent, or twenty percent, but half?

(Edit: Just as disturbing as this would be if the other half believed everything the government said.)
It doesn't take half the American public to win an election but I was specifically talking about republican primary voters.

Anyway, enough for him to win an election even with a rape conviction is entirely plausible. They don't care, they've learnt to rationalise it. They can either rationalise it as a witch hunt or just him being an alpha male or even both. Either way doesn't matter, those people will not care. 100% guaranteed.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
I know how humans rationalise things away - we can see that with our economic models and the destruction it wreaks, our methods of food production, the environmental devastation we preside over and overall woeful human stewardship of this planet and it's people.

I still don't think it's plausible at this point to countenance Trump winning an election if he was a convicted rapist. A long way from plausible.

Either way - whether he wins the next election or not, it's a nothingburger tbh. I'm back to the position of it not really mattering - because we're wilfully blind (with no effort) to the bigger problems we have.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
I still don't think it's plausible at this point to countenance Trump winning an election if he was a convicted rapist. A long way from plausible.
lol - create a poll then, let's see what the forum thinks.

There's already been so much evidence of criminality, wrongdoing and shittiness by Trump that it's not even newsworthy anymore. Those who support him will either not believe it, not care or actively think it's fine just like they have with everything else. Nothing would move the dial now short of raping a baby on live TV.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing

They'd rationalise it away as a Dem plot. Trump himself said he could shoot someone dead on 5th Avenue and get away with it and he's not wrong. You only have to look at his odds on getting the nomination for 2024 to see that. Apart from 3-4 utter fruitcakes, nobody senior in the GOP wants Trump, but they will fawn all over him because his polling numbers are still ridiculously strong. Unless Trump is actually in a cell (so can't stand) or dead in the next 18 months, about 30% of Americans will vote for him, no matter what.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
They'd rationalise it away as a Dem plot.
I think short of a criminal conviction then absolutely yes. But the exam question was "if Trump was convicted of rape in a criminal court"...

...I don't believe enough Americans would stand by and vote him in. It'd be over.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
I think short of a criminal conviction then absolutely yes. But the exam question was "if Trump was convicted of rape in a criminal court"...

...I don't believe enough Americans would stand by and vote him in. It'd be over.
For a man who doesn’t have massively positive feelings about the west you seem to have a touching amount of faith in the American people.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
And it won't hold once Trump gets the nomination. We've seen it before.

DaGaffer

Wij

I am a FH squatter
Problem is while Trump doesn't appeal outside of his base, his base is still larger than any other potential GOP candidate, mainly because De Santis is uncharismatic and has already alienated corporate America with his Disney bullshit.

So they'll all get behind Trump because he's their only shot, no matter how remote.
Trump has already started attacking DeSantis as a traitorous shit for not just supporting him so a lot of primary voters are already against him.

DaGaffer

Words fail me. So, is Musk endorsing this cunt? Or is it just more Twitter trolling? I really can't tell anymore, but Elon "I'm all about the free speech, me" Musk, and Ron "ban books if they don't agree with my 14th century views" DeSantis seem strange bedfellows.

Embattle

FH is my second home
I like how I read he complained about how long it took, yet one of his most used tactics is to delay.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
To be clear, a Trump appointee might not be terrible but she is a fruit loop MAGA quack.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
I saw some clips of him on that Rogan podcast, the guy's a fucking lunatic. All of this talk about the "challenge" to that actual esteemed scientist to go on the podcast and "debate" Kennedy with Rogan as the "unbiased mediator"... all it would be would be an hour of the scientist trying in vain to get his points across while Kennedy and Rogan shouted at him and mocked him. Musk even inserted himself into the conversation (because of course he did) and then Hotez had people turning up at his house, harassing him, all so they could rush back to Twitter for magical internet points and in the pathetic hope that Musk would notice them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom