United States Corrupt Twattery

Wij

I am a FH squatter
Actually, that's getting thinner:

and:

Shits going down with Trump and the Dems wait more than two months?

Some of this stuff predates Trump - and none of it would be known about if they weren't already rubber-gloving his orange ass.

You seem to be confused about what the "crime" is too @Wij - if two guys are guilty of burglary, one fesses up and the other doesn't that's optics - but they're both guilty of the same crime.

Frankly. It's clearly normal practice for senior public officials to carry classified documents. (And further - it's only blown out of proportion because: Trump).

At least they didn't leave them on a fucking train.
It’s not a burglary though so the laws are different. It’s a crime to wilfully keep classified documents or to not hand them over when requested. They were never requested, unlike in the Trump case.

I never said it was good, or a good look. It’s obviously a PR disaster, but legally they are still different.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
On the surface that's sensible but one of the benefits of information is that it's portable - you need it where you're working - wherever that is.

But the rest I agree with.

What is interesting is that there's not the outrage around Biden as there is around Trump's transgressions. And, for me, that's absolutely not limited to documents.
Because the circumstances are still totally different, no matter how hard you push the "they're all the same" narrative. Trump actively stole over 300 classified files with the intention of keeping them as souvenirs (or worse, selling them or using them in other ways to benefit himself), refused to return them even in the face of multiple requests, a search warrant and a raid and then screeched about a witch hunt while Biden's own team found these docs while clearing out an office, reported them to the National Archives and then went on a hunt (of their own volition) for any others. It's politically embarrassing and obviously bad PR but the way both handled the situations is completely different.

I agree with @Tom though, these are from Biden's time as VP (so 6-15 years ago), it seems suboptimal that classified material can be out there for so long without anyone noticing.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
On the surface that's sensible but one of the benefits of information is that it's portable - you need it where you're working - wherever that is.

But the rest I agree with.

What is interesting is that there's not the outrage around Biden as there is around Trump's transgressions. And, for me, that's absolutely not limited to documents.

Then perhaps a secure location should be the briefcase of a library official, who must accompany any documents removed from the library, keeping them in sight at all times.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Then perhaps a secure location should be the briefcase of a library official, who must accompany any documents removed from the library, keeping them in sight at all times.

It does seem remarkable that The Most Powerful Person In The WORLD, who has staff around them at all times, can't manage a bit of filing. It also seems weird that if these files were worth anything, no-one noticed they were missing.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Biden's own team found these docs while clearing out an office
But that's not what's happened now is it.

They've found them in his office, sure - although they didn't tell anyone about it for two months and haven't explained why. And they've found some in his private library, but couldn't seem to count the number properly. And then subsequently they've found some in his garage, a month or so later.

I'm no Trump lover, not for a second. But if cunt = "guy who has top secret docs he shouldn't" - the only argument we've got left to have is how much of a cunt each of these cunts is.

Trump is obviously going to win the palpably a cunt prize. But Biden still has to wear a cunt badge.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Think about it from a work-process point of view.

He'd need a troupe of people to follow him around. People have families that they want to go home to. So, he and library boy get together at 8am, he gets on a plane to Baltimore, he spends days there and may end up working until late at night and have a schedule that changes all the time. Library boy needs to hand over this top secret document to someone else so he can go home to his wife and kids - and this is the same for the next person.

Now multiply this crap by the hundreds, if not thousands, of people who need access to top-secret documents.

Just not workable.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
.... LOL, no fucking words... no words. San Francisco is now a competition city to see who can tongue ass the most in the name of being woke.

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
Yes because the treatment of black people in America is a 'woke' issue.

You really are lapping up that cool aid aren't you?

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Studies show that people that throw the word "woke" about are the least likely to know what it actually means.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Yes because the treatment of black people in America is a 'woke' issue.

You really are lapping up that cool aid aren't you?
Piss off Gwadien. You can't fix historical slavery harms by giving black kids from the 90's $5m each.

It's the very definition of absurd woke shite.

Gwadien

Studies show that people that throw the word "woke" about are the least likely to know what it actually means.

I can understand the criticism of the proposed solution but to describe the rectifying of poor treatments of black people in America since its conception as 'woke' is the stupidest shit I've ever heard, some GOP dude somewhere will be celebrating...

Gwadien

Piss off Gwadien. You can't fix historical slavery harms by goving black kids from ghe 90's $5m each.

It's the very definition of absurd woke shite.

Oh dear.

We've truly lost Scouse to the 'they're all the same' brigade :(

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
I can understand the criticism of the proposed solution but to describe the rectifying of poor treatments of black people in America since its conception as 'woke' is the stupidest shit I've ever heard, some GOP dude somewhere will be celebrating...
The concept that you can rectify history is bullshit.

The only thing you can possibly do is recompense people alive today for what they perdonally have suffered. And if you're only going to do that for black people then that action itself is inherently racist because it disregards all other forms of suffering.

The whole mindset is fucking retarded.

Gwadien

Lets give $5 million dollars to everyone eh?

Did you even read the headline of the article?

Did you read the message that you responded to prior to this one? lol.

Its a right wing newspaper trying to get that 'omg woke people' reaction to something that they're exploring, it's not even been done yet.

DaGaffer

.... LOL, no fucking words... no words. San Francisco is now a competition city to see who can tongue ass the most in the name of being woke.

Never going to happen. Even if the SF city council passed a bill (which is very doubtful), it would be tied up in legal objections for the next billion years; there's far too much money at stake if such a whackadoodle idea got traction.

FWIW the population of SF is 815,000, black people are 5% of that (about 40,000), about half of those would be eligible for this, so 20,000 x 5,000,000 = $100,000,000,000, or about 2.5 Twitters. Never fucking happening.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber

Its a right wing newspaper trying to get that 'omg woke people' reaction to something that they're exploring, it's not even been done yet.
Of course it's not even been done. It's never going to be done - it's idiotic.

But the idea itself is woke shittery. Like most of the slavery reparations wank.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
It might be more constructive to recognise the harm done by previous administrations (and yes, there was a hell of a lot of harm, including demolishing entire black neighbourhoods to build freeways), and set aside a budget to fix those problems. So perhaps targeted improvements in poor communities.

A completely different country but I've been to Cape Town a few times and you notice the difference between rich and poor neighbourhoods (or white and black, to be more accurate).

Here's a highway crossing in a rich neighbourhood: Google Maps
Here's a highway crossing in a poor neighbourhood: Google Maps

Those aren't unusual examples - if you look around you see it everywhere. Poor = fuck you. Rich = grade-separated crossing.

Same story in the US:

DaGaffer

While you certainly have to question the source (US equivalent of the Daily Express), given the sheer numbers involved (see my other post), which could be figured out by anyone in two minutes, it means that this panel absolutely knows it's completely unaffordable and will never happen, so all it is doing is virtue signalling to...either, the "eligible" citizens of SF (which is just cruel frankly), or, more likely, their colleagues in academia and social policy NGOs. Now, what would be a convenient collective noun for those people...?

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Agree @DaGaffer - although the New York Post came up with a 50bn figure - against a 14bn yearly city budget.

SilverHood

FH is my second home
I agree with Tom here. The systemic racism of the local, state and federal governments is a much bigger issue than slavery reparations. They were actively discriminating against people of colour for almost everything until very recently. I am not sure that just handing out bags of cash is going to do much.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
They're attacking the language used. He's not been found "guilty" of anything - he's been found liable in a civil suit. And with the significantly lower bar to find liability in a civil case than to establish "guilt" of a crime then that was always going to happen.

It's an interesting topic of conversation though. Civil cases could easily land across the political spectrum and with the low bar could be open to smear campaigning. Not saying that he's not a cunt (he obviously is) but in the absence of criminal convictions is civil law more of a polarising liability than genuine progress. All the dems'll be wanking themselves silly over this, but we all know it's not going to actually make a difference is it...

Wij

I am a FH squatter
They're attacking the language used. He's not been found "guilty" of anything - he's been found liable in a civil suit. And with the significantly lower bar to find liability in a civil case than to establish "guilt" of a crime then that was always going to happen.

It's an interesting topic of conversation though. Civil cases could easily land across the political spectrum and with the low bar could be open to smear campaigning. Not saying that he's not a cunt (he obviously is) but in the absence of criminal convictions is civil law more of a polarising liability than genuine progress. All the dems'll be wanking themselves silly over this, but we all know it's not going to actually make a difference is it...
Missing the point. Even if he had been found guilty in a criminal trial it wouldn't affect his support from GOP primary voters one bit. That was the point.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Missing the point. Even if he had been found guilty in a criminal trial it wouldn't affect his support from GOP primary voters one bit. That was the point.
I think if he was found guilty in a criminal trial he'd be in prison.

It was a civil "rape" trial and they couldn't make that stick even with the low balance of probabilities bar. This is the problem with this being a civil case. It's easy to dismiss.

I think you're underestimating people - I do not believe for a second that the American public would vote in a convicted rapist for prez.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom