Sport Ufc

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
"Go home loser" lol

Bisping is growing on me a lot. Never used to like him but im warming to him.

Same, he is getting way too much shit from the Yanks, a little was deserved but they are going OTT now and trying to ruin his career. You know what this is about right Marc? Us winning the USAv UK Ultimate Fighter comprehensively. The Yanks think our MMA is a joke but we fucking humbled them 2 years ago, they think they are the best in the world but the truth is that they aren't even top 2 in the Americas. The one big thing they have going for them is the money is there and so the promotions, trainers and gyms follow. They have access to the best training, loads of minor organisations to fight for and move up the ladder, however the lads in Europe really have to grind it out and kill themselves to get noticed.

Marc

FH is my second home
Same, he is getting way too much shit from the Yanks, a little was deserved but they are going OTT now and trying to ruin his career. You know what this is about right Marc? Us winning the USAv UK Ultimate Fighter comprehensively. The Yanks think our MMA is a joke but we fucking humbled them 2 years ago, they think they are the best in the world but the truth is that they aren't even top 2 in the Americas. The one big thing they have going for them is the money is there and so the promotions, trainers and gyms follow. They have access to the best training, loads of minor organisations to fight for and move up the ladder, however the lads in Europe really have to grind it out and kill themselves to get noticed.

Pretty much sums it up mate aye

Killswitch

FH is my second home
More importantly, what was up with that Brian Ebersole guy? Not sure I've heard the commentators say "what the hell was that?" more times in one fight before. The way he was using his shoulders to strike when grappling was quality as well...gonna have to try that myself!

Vasconcelos

Part of the furniture
Not much into MMA (im a boxing guy, what can i say, im an old fashioned one), but after watching some youtube videos, that Kimbo Slice guy, he might be a beast in the streets, but comes the time when he has to get into a ring, and hes crap imo.

Marc

FH is my second home
Not much into MMA (im a boxing guy, what can i say, im an old fashioned one), but after watching some youtube videos, that Kimbo Slice guy, he might be a beast in the streets, but comes the time when he has to get into a ring, and hes crap imo.

On his street fighting vids hes off his nut on PCP. Id give tyson a good go in a street fight on PCP

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Kampmann was fucking robbed last night, I had him two rounds up and Sanchez was so busted up it wasn't funny. Kampmann easily beat him striking and his takedown defence was solid as well, cannot see how the judges came to a unanimous win for Sanchez, it stinks.

Just found this as well...

CompuStrike and FightMetric: Martin Kampmann Won | UFC News | LowKick.com

Kampmann landed roughly twice as many strikes and still loses? Bullshit.

ECA

I am a FH squatter
April 9th the new strikeforce card headliner is Diaz vs Daley, it's going to be awesome.

Melendez vs Kawajiri, Mousasi vs Mike Kyle, and Aoki vs Beerbohm.

Marc

FH is my second home
Go on Jonny Bones Jones!! Told you hed beat Shogun! Didnt just beat him, fucking demolished him.

ECA

I am a FH squatter
Jon Jones is gonna king of the mountain at LHW for a long time ( and lol, lhw title like chuck, rampage, forrest, rashad, machida, shogun, jones in like 8 fights ).

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
I was suprised, JJ is great but I expected alot more from Shogun. Looking at his build though I think JJ really needs to move up to heavyweight in a few years, he will earn bigger there and will have the potential to clear out another division once he gets done with Rashad, Rampage and Co.

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Getting desperate for the GSP fight now, feels like forever since he last fought.

TUF season 13 has kicked off, some decent prospects but I am not sure I like the format change. Hoping Lesnar can gain a few wins but so far it doesn't seem to be shaping up well for his team.

eksdee

FH is my second home
Well, Daley got dicked. Pretty weak stoppage but I think it wouldn't have made much of a difference anyway. Melendez looked great again also. Overall I thought that Strikeforce show was fantastic.

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
He was very unlucky imo, he rocked Diaz a few times but when two fighters come out swinging either can go down, sadly it was Daley this time.

ECA

I am a FH squatter
I'm happy that Anderson is finally going to fight Okami, I know Anderson is very likely to win but Okami has been looked over for a shot for quite a while and I'm a fan :p

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Looks like Brock Lesnar is finished, his diverticulitis is back and the fight with JDS if off, Shane Carwin is stepping in for the number 1 contenders fight in his place. Brock is going to keep having these health problems while competing, alot of it is down to the sheer amount of protein he needs to consume and digest to maintain his muscle mass. His gut clearly isn't up to the job anymore and it will continue to flare up or get worse the longer he tries to get enough protein in to maintain his walkaround weight of 280 pounds or so.

GimmlyThe3rd

Banned
I've been a fan of the UFC since the days when Randy, Belfort and Tanner were at the top. Even got me into BJJ and comps but damn it's getting boring these days with lack luster match making. I can't remember the last time I saw an event and thought that was fucking epic.

Unlike K-1 and Strikeforce, every time I watch an event I'm jumping out of my seat and going crazy. Just look at rampage on Sat, I've been a fan since his Pride days and that sucked. he couldn't even pull the triger and get hamil out of there and his cardio sucked for 3 rounds of him just hitting hamil. I hope Dana doesn't fuck strikeforce because the events are epic and we got heavy weight torny part 2 next month.

If you haven't watched it, I suggest you check out K-1, the grand prix's, even if you are not a fan of kick boxing (wtf who isn't? a fan :p) . They are fucking epic and packed with action, they use to be hard to come by but now you got them in hd :worthy: Certainly better than the UFC events these days, fucking Joe Silva is worthless.

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
I've been a fan of the UFC since the days when Randy, Belfort and Tanner were at the top. Even got me into BJJ and comps but damn it's getting boring these days with lack luster match making. I can't remember the last time I saw an event and thought that was fucking epic.

Unlike K-1 and Strikeforce, every time I watch an event I'm jumping out of my seat and going crazy. Just look at rampage on Sat, I've been a fan since his Pride days and that sucked. he couldn't even pull the triger and get hamil out of there and his cardio sucked for 3 rounds of him just hitting hamil. I hope Dana doesn't fuck strikeforce because the events are epic and we got heavy weight torny part 2 next month.

If you haven't watched it, I suggest you check out K-1, the grand prix's, even if you are not a fan of kick boxing (wtf who isn't? a fan :p) . They are fucking epic and packed with action, they use to be hard to come by but now you got them in hd :worthy: Certainly better than the UFC events these days, fucking Joe Silva is worthless.

In some divisions Strikeforce is definately better, heavyweight absolutlely. UFC has very strong depth though, yes the matchmaking has been very poor recently and alot of the fighters are blagging injuries to hold onto the belts longer which is becoming a real issue.

As for Rampage, you have to realise that everyone is adapting their game to counter his strong offensive takedowns, so now he can't just power rush them anymore or risk losing. He doesn't like fighting this way but the LHW division is stacked with talent now and he can't be all out aggression anymore if he wants to be champ again.

GimmlyThe3rd

Banned
In some divisions Strikeforce is definately better, heavyweight absolutlely. UFC has very strong depth though, yes the matchmaking has been very poor recently and alot of the fighters are blagging injuries to hold onto the belts longer which is becoming a real issue.

As for Rampage, you have to realise that everyone is adapting their game to counter his strong offensive takedowns, so now he can't just power rush them anymore or risk losing. He doesn't like fighting this way but the LHW division is stacked with talent now and he can't be all out aggression anymore if he wants to be champ again.
Yea I agree with that, but Hamil was telegraphing all his shots and they sucked. Rampage didn't even have to sprawl, easily shrugged off, Hamil didn't even clinch. He was just standing there taking combos, Rampage was playing it safe. Partly because his cardio sucks, if he fights Jones with that cardio, he's gonna get GnP'ed to fuck in the 3rd+.

He had good cardio when he fought Hendo, really impressive. However same can be said for Penn, when he was working with Marinovich bros he was top. If these guys had GSP's work effort, they would still be champions.

I just can't wait for the Reem to clean out the hw torny, come over to the UFC and ktfo out of the hw div. My idol for sure, in k-1 and mma, tired of lackluster fights in the UFC. LnP wrestlers and amateur strikers that can't even jab properly, whole TUF season has been shit apart from last Wednesday. Can't remember last time I watched a shitty strikeforce and k-1 always owns. Shame Daley went down like that though, would like to see Mayhem own Diaz rather than GSP lay on him for 5 rounds.

Marc

FH is my second home
Personally, I dont rate Oveereem one bit. Lost to a load of marginally better than average fighters, then went on a winning streak against bums

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom