ToA killed rvr?

Morchaoron

Fledgling Freddie
I know i dont play (AT THE MOMENT) but a few months before ToA came to Europe everyone here was bitching that the US people are all whiners and ToA wont be so bad as they say...

now a few months after toa and with all the new type of whines about rvr ("lol m8s emain empty", "WTF grapple QQ") i want to know your opinion now...

Did ToA ruin RvR?

Dreami

Fledgling Freddie
Didn't ruin, just lots harder vs Hib caster grps. :m00:

Chimaira

Can't get enough of FH
Ruined. depends if u play alb or hib :(

Alb is hardmode. and just as much as I hate it. I like it

I wont go hib thats for sure. I like a challenge.

To answer your question. didnt kill it but sure changed it.

reminds me of:
Mythic Statement:
Master Abilities wont affect RvR combat

Ormorof

FH is my second home
only problem i have with toa rvr is it killed HW and odins for a while, seems to be more people gradually going back to those zones now though so can get some good fights again :)

(although i know HW was pretty empty most of the time before too, but odins had usually at least 1fg from each realm and could usually get some damn nice 1vs1 even with runie without much fear of getting ganked by stealthers :p )

nuky

Fledgling Freddie
dont know about ruined it, but the game sure was a lot better pre toa. i just cba with the pve side of it now, i am so sick to death of playing my character and not being able to level another one - i find it hard to even log on now.

Shike

Can't get enough of FH
hmm, well..

It rendered 3 alts of mine useless for me (i dont have time to TOA 4 toons), it has caused RVR to stagnate quite abit since randoms wont move out anymore since there is no reason to do so I guess.

TOA kinda ruined RVR in a way, RVR was very good before TOA came, and now its been pretty crappy for along time.

Pudzy

Can't get enough of FH
I'm not sure whats going on with the whine, personally, I know this DPS debuff interupting is causing problems and needs fixing, every realm has grapple every realm has pbaoe - every realm has a debuff nuker (caba/chanter/rm), tho admitedly not on same char as pbaoe, but hibs meant to be the magicaly really etc so its kinda understandable, I cant see why its being called easy mode still.. if pbaoe+grabble is acauing problems.. and all realms have grapple and pbaoe.. I just don't think it makes any fucking sense calling HIB the easy mode realm, their population is bollocks aswell which dont help matters.

Basically:
Every realm has access to grapple, pbaoe and bg. If people insist on running melee groups, then they have to expect what they're recieving IMO - if casters are overpowered combined with the ML's, do what I hear Maelstrom are doing, role some casters no good whining at 'REALMS' we don't make the rules, Mythic does, go whine at Mythic on VN Boards.

Notice alot of albs, including alot of my friends saying wizards are shit, i agree to an extent, but they have pbaoe, the tanks have grapple and bg, whats the prob? make some pbaoe box groups or summat ;o.

Also would like to add, and I'm not being biast cos I played against them at the time, Hib have always used casters more than any other realm, its not like they just started using them because they're overpowered 'at the moment'.

Lethul

FH is my second home
Pudzy said:
I'm not sure whats going on with the whine, personally, I know this DPS debuff interupting is causing problems and needs fixing, every realm has grapple every realm has pbaoe - every realm has a debuff nuker (caba/chanter/rm), tho admitedly not on same char as pbaoe, but hibs meant to be the magicaly really etc so its kinda understandable, I cant see why its being called easy mode still.. if pbaoe+grabble is acauing problems.. and all realms have grapple and pbaoe.. I just don't think it makes any fucking sense calling HIB the easy mode realm, their population is bollocks aswell which dont help matters.

Basically:
Every realm has access to grapple, pbaoe and bg. If people insist on running melee groups, then they have to expect what they're recieving IMO - if casters are overpowered combined with the ML's, do what I hear Maelstrom are doing, role some casters no good whining at 'REALMS' we don't make the rules, Mythic does, go whine at Mythic on VN Boards.

Notice alot of albs, including alot of my friends saying wizards are shit, i agree to an extent, but they have pbaoe, the tanks have grapple and bg, whats the prob? make some pbaoe box groups or summat ;o.

Also would like to add, and I'm not being biast cos I played against them at the time, Hib have always used casters more than any other realm, its not like they just started using them because they're overpowered 'at the moment'.

lol :clap:

Zede

Part of the furniture
Problem is Pudz, HiB already has the characters in abundance that are suited for the ToA scene, Alb however simply does not, and mids caught onto this a good few months before albs did.

I recently posted on F.H. and to all the major guilds a request for spirit cabbies and body sorcerers, to form a weekly rvr group. You know how many replies I got ?

Big Fat Zero. ( although LW said they would be into it after templates done)

It is possible for Albs ( and I think a few are actually doing it) to go and level a fair few of cabbies/body sorcs ( alb melee grps suck most the time, apart from a select few ), get MLs, artifacts etc... but for that to come to fruition will take months and months.

Give race & class respec !! ( might even it out a bit :p )

xxManiacxx

Can't get enough of FH
Didn´t ruin entirely. ML´s are running smoother now, artifacts are not hard to come by. Scrolls... well prices need to go down abit more.

Although alot of the ML abilities like grapple, bg and fz are ruining RvR as we know it. Melee grps are history.

Jenkz

Fledgling Freddie
1fg high RR/ML hibs run over our gimpy 2fg+ keep raid forces shockingly easily, questionable if that is because we are newblets or they are "overpowered", mix of both swaying towards the former.

Most alb group setups dont stand a chance, even the high-RR alb groups struggling somewhat against them?

Alb just doesnt have the classe-optimisation to compete currently, I'm sure someone will work it out sooner or later though and it'll be possible to at least stand a fighting chance.

Hibs are dominating currently as there are a couple of really strong and well-gelled groups out there, Alb only has two notable groups and they arnt as strong (class/ML wise/RR wise as the hib squads out there atm).

Not to mention hibs have endless streams of "newb" albs to farm daily, alb groups have very little under-achieving groups to farm in comparison....

I cannot comment on mid groups as I havnt fought one in ages, or know the current setup of one, so wont make myself look any more stupid.

Pudzy

Can't get enough of FH
So basically Zede/Jenkz, because your realms were slow to make casters, because there was orignally no demand, its hibs who are newbs playing easy mode, because the have an abundance of casters? :p - even when you role them you will struggle because of the rr's. Only ones I saw making any effort whatsoever was PE, they tried to do a wiz grp nto sure what happend with that :p. Rest are just going around saying hibs easy mode oO. Things would probably be more balanced if mid and alb had originally made casters instead of mercs/mincers and infils, but as I said, its understandable they didn't because there was no demand.

And what you hibbys lol'ing at :(

old.windforce

Part of the furniture
albs have a hard time

only get rps by zerg or farm random groups as an opted group

Eclipse is close to ubeatable if they have group purge up

Ormorof

FH is my second home
Problem is Pudz, HiB already has the characters in abundance that are suited for the ToA scene, Alb however simply does not, and mids caught onto this a good few months before albs did.

thing is mids alraedy had loads of SM's since they farmed TG pre-ToA, havent seen many ice wizzies even after ToA, perhaps time albs took a hint? :D

snoz

Loyal Freddie
Ruined ? NO

Made alot Worse ? YES

Cba to whine. We all know the reasons.

bult

Loyal Freddie
Pudzy said:

Basically:

This argument dont work.

All realms had prenerf ASD but you have to be really stupid not to see that mid benefit the most from it.

All realms have grapple.... read above ;)

leviathane

Part of the furniture
all toa did was to get drive our small population of albs that go rvr to hib land. Then hibs whine bout emain being empty.

Tareregion

Fledgling Freddie
old.windforce said:
albs have a hard time

only get rps by zerg or farm random groups as an opted group

Eclipse is close to ubeatable if they have group purge up
Imagine the horror if Eclipse actually ran a fixed group :p

Anyway, did ToA kill RvR? no
Did it make RvR more interesting? yes
Are all the new toys good? no

raid

Can't get enough of FH
Toa ruined rvr really bad for offensive tanks. First I was afraid of all the "required" PvE, but in reality it was only temporary, the gayness called grapple is here to stay. It made offensive tanks much more boring to play than they ever were (I played mine when there was no realm abilities or end regen, too).

Imo only positive thing of toa's impact in rvr is that it made casters required and viable again in every realm.

snopy

Fledgling Freddie
gifv ML thingy that does same as bg but insted of meele its magic,
that would rock :clap:
and plz stop crying and start fighting

Ilum

Can't get enough of FH
Prydwen RvR has been pretty downhill for the last year. ToA hasnt had a positive effect, thats for sure. The activity in RvR varies - often its completely dead, and some times its "ok". Since there's kinda only like 1 guild grp from each realm out at the moment, the effect is usually that 1 of them will dominate the other realm(s) guild groups, and since the others are only getting killed by the 1 dominating, they dont bother to play and go back to PvE or something. So a lot of times RvR on Prydwen = 1 guild group running around farming unlucky randoms who's trying their luck in Emain.

Pudzy said:

I can enlighten you on a few problems Pudz :D

1) Wizard dont have pet nor dps debuff - whereas a chanter can keep 2 people interrupted + using pbae or nuking a 3rd, wizard can only interrupt the one he casts spells on.

2) Caster groups are fragile to CC. Hib groups have Group purge = problem solved. Alb / Mid groups dont.

3) Both Alb and Mid pbae classes - if they spec pbae - lack strong ranged damage. Which is usually what kills in RvR these days.

4) Albion groups have a much harder time fitting in same amount of resist buffage as hibs.
¨
That being said I think that the Mage group Outcast did was fully competitive with other realm set-ups. But Wizards simply aint cutting it in RvR.

Sycho

Can't get enough of FH
Old.Ilum said:
Prydwen RvR has been pretty downhill for the last year. 1) Wizard dont have pet nor dps debuff - whereas a chanter can keep 2 people interrupted + using pbae or nuking a 3rd, wizard can only interrupt the one he casts spells on.

I thought wizards have aoe dd vs group purge or i must be seeing things.

They need more utility though yeah.

Haroat

Fledgling Freddie
imo, it did what they wanted, made larger scale rvr more common than fg vs fg.

A

Aoln

... and that's why they said they don't want zerg warfare in new frontiers? :eek:

Rellik

Fledgling Freddie
kinda harsh to say it ruined the game..
but it did make it boring tbh, for ous that realy dont like to PvE.
and its impossible to RvR if you dont PvE to get all the l33t itams osv.. :m00:

Pudzy

Can't get enough of FH
bult said:
This argument dont work.

All realms had prenerf ASD but you have to be really stupid not to see that mid benefit the most from it.

All realms have grapple.... read above ;)

Duno wtf your on about your reply seemd shite.

Ilum, is every single class in the fucking game was the same it'd be pretty boring, the whole game isn't about how many targets they can interupt, get MoC or something, hibs always had alot of pets - if its interupts your interested in use AE spells?

Strong ranged damage - spirit cabba's? they also got a pet, use them more.. if you want ranged. as for your arguement before about interupt, theurgists... get a decent one like Sami and your problems solved imo, theurgist probably best interupt caster in rvr - atleast u can CC hib pets.

GP is being removed I think? or given to all realms? either way, shit arguement considering its all changing and mythic agreed all RA's were done slopyly, SoS isnt exactly balanced either, think of the poor mids ra's - at the moment that is.

Ilum

Can't get enough of FH
Pudzy said:
Ilum, is every single class in the fucking game was the same it'd be pretty boring, the whole game isn't about how many targets they can interupt, get MoC or something, hibs always had alot of pets - if its interupts your interested in use AE spells?

Strong ranged damage - spirit cabba's? they also got a pet, use them more.. if you want ranged. as for your arguement before about interupt, theurgists... get a decent one like Sami and your problems solved imo, theurgist probably best interupt caster in rvr - atleast u can CC hib pets.

GP is being removed I think? or given to all realms? either way, shit arguement considering its all changing and mythic agreed all RA's were done slopyly, SoS isnt exactly balanced either, think of the poor mids ra's - at the moment that is.

Of course classes shouldnt be the same, but they should still be as balanced as possible. You seem to think Albion could use Grapple+PBAE as effectively, im just telling you: No, they cant.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom