RvR ruined...

Xeros

Fledgling Freddie
Everyone know Alb rely on CM. When Cm are about, theres another fg randomers following behind. Its why everyone asks if CM are online as no albs come out if they arent ;/

That's the biggest BS I have heared. Yes, there may be ppl who rely on CM.

But we have normally every day an ts group out in rvr. We really don't care what CM does or does not do. We do what we feel like to do. Sometimes we even don't have fg and are an so called PUG group.

Our main goal to play is to have fun, even if this mean not having lots of rps.

Our group followed once CM when an call was made to Albs to re-take the relic in hib Nged. Lots of hibbies were awaiting us ofc and had some nice fights there.
Then a keep is being flamed by mids in our frontier. CM goes to defend and would be soon back at the tower in Nged they said. Just quiclky kick mids back out of our frontiers and getting more rams. But then someone in their group needed to go to the store for booze and an other went ld.

Result: Alb tower at Nged gets razed by hibs and albs gets zerged down. After 45 minutes the ld was returned, the booze was bought and the rams were made. Then CM was surprised why Albs didn't wanted to come help anymore to get the relic back.We once tried to rely on CM with bad result. So don't give us that crap that all Albs don't go into rvr when CM is not around and that all Albs rely on CM.

CM are indeed good players who know how to play their chars and who can deliver nice fights and keep takes, but not all Albs rely on them.

Assuming and then stating things which are untrue are also one of the reasons why Dyvet is in the state where it is now instead of an very healthy server.

Cromcruaich

Can't get enough of FH
That's the biggest BS I have heared. Yes, there may be ppl who rely on CM.

steady on, reread what you posted - the quote above has an element of contradiction in it.

English isnt making a direct attack on you - he's just stating what it appears like sometimes from hib or mid perspective. He's probably guilty of no more than making generalisations.

Its great there is another alb pug who roams - and we have seen you out if your the group i'm thinking of - so thats great for the server and its great to fight you.

But when you arnt about - and CM are absent it really does look like the majority of the albs don't want to play with the rest of the server.

Muylaetrix

Can't get enough of FH
It is interesting this.

I have access to all three realms (I know, x-realmer etc. etc.) but generally end up playing Hib because people are much more prepared to make groups.

I also play Mid when people will make groups, but it just seems a bit harder on Mid to get people to group up.

I have a small window of opportunity to play some evenings, so I have to take what I can to get some game time.

However, what was interesting is that the other night, out of interest, I checked the numbers on each realm. There were (roughly) 40 Hibs, 40 Mids and 90 Albs on line.

Hib had a couple of groups out, Mid had a group out, but no Albs appeared until CM showed up around 11:00 PM UK time.

So, what do the Albs do with themselves "prime time"? And no, this is not a flame, I don't flame, I am just interested.

Out of 90 people surely Alb could make a half decent group who are willing to roam and not just /stick to towers?

It is not like Hib or Mid have great groups. It is rare we have two druids or healers, and I think there are only a couple of regular bards around (one being my lad on our bard).

Having said that, RvR and Dyvet can be a lot more fun than the doom and gloom merchants state. We have been back for a week now, and the £24 investment seems worthwhile at the moment.

If we could attract another 50 or so RvR type people across the realms, I think Dyvet could fill a nice niche and become quite a nice server again.

i just played excall again yesterday and the day before for a few hours.

yes, getting a group is hard. silly in fact.

2 days ago i managed to start a bit of a pug and it was rather fun really.
yesterday i couldn`t find a dog to group with and got farmed badly most of the time, lol

i`m sure EUL earned over 25k on me alone, lol (/waves at eul)

Manisch Depressiv

Part of the furniture
Its weird how every1 in vent is shouting kill manish the adding c***.... and infact ive just remembered a time. You were at surs3 i think, Apex killing the lord and I came upstairs, then another inf and Apex came to attack me, oh and looks whos chasing me up the rear.. your infil...

That night we couldn't even port to Renaris, so wtf do you expect if we try to kill people who prevent us from taking one tower back?

About the people on Vent, they are like the millions of flies who can't be mistaken because they eat shit :p. My condolences for being in such company.

- English -

Resident Freddy
That night we couldn't even port to Renaris, so wtf do you expect if we try to kill people who prevent us from taking one tower back?

About the people on Vent, they are like the millions of flies who can't be mistaken because they eat shit :p. My condolences for being in such company.

so your admitting you add now, its all i wanted to hear... cya in game :)

Xeros

Fledgling Freddie
steady on, reread what you posted - the quote above has an element of contradiction in it.

English isnt making a direct attack on you - he's just stating what it appears like sometimes from hib or mid perspective. He's probably guilty of no more than making generalisations.

Its great there is another alb pug who roams - and we have seen you out if your the group i'm thinking of - so thats great for the server and its great to fight you.

But when you arnt about - and CM are absent it really does look like the majority of the albs don't want to play with the rest of the server.

Hey Crom,

thx for correcting me. My english is not so good, so often I can't seem to get it written down how it was meant to be said. My apologies to you English if it sounded that I came strong on to you, was not meant to be.

Indeed, that's what I meant. He's making some generalisations and I can understand it also that it may looks like that in their pov. But generalisations are never good, there are always exceptions and most of the time the exceptions are the majority of the realm in case of arguments about DAOC :)

That's why I also made the contradiction in it. Some albs rely on CM, but the majority doesn't as far as I have encountered.

When their is an "Call for Arms", we try to help where we can (If this is called by CM or not, it doesn't matter).

Mageslayer

Fledgling Freddie
i just played excall again yesterday and the day before for a few hours.

yes, getting a group is hard. silly in fact.

2 days ago i managed to start a bit of a pug and it was rather fun really.
yesterday i couldn`t find a dog to group with and got farmed badly most of the time, lol

i`m sure EUL earned over 25k on me alone, lol (/waves at eul)

lol i dont count my rps but i do count solo kills :) u would have free passage if u didnt try pop me with pbao nuke :)

tips

Fledgling Freddie
get overe it leav EU clusters and go us clusters let the gay fucking cheater hibs with there speed hacks radar and ever othere hack thay have play there own way come to a good server on the us Killibury cluster 7 servers clusterd in to 1 and it fucking roxs

leviathane

Part of the furniture
weren't you the one that got banned for use of a 3rd party program :D

Soulja_IA_

Can't get enough of FH
get overe it leav EU clusters and go us clusters let the gay fucking cheater hibs with there speed hacks radar and ever othere hack thay have play there own way come to a good server on the us Killibury cluster 7 servers clusterd in to 1 and it fucking roxs

Didn't YOU get banned from Dyvet Server ROFL Pot kettle you'll get it sooner or later remotewanksess.

Soulja

Triac

Fledgling Freddie
Erm because its not true maybe?

To understand how this hib-mid-alb relationship has developed take a look at historical posts in this forum. If you want to break the cycle, then start organising some groups and roaming more, drop the red is dead mantra, stop whining and start honing those group skills.

Go get em tigers.

I would like to break the chain, but it is hard when other 2 realms do not want 2, no matter old relation ships and crosrealming this game was designed to be played by 3 realms and turned out now to be a 2 realm game - long live hibguard. :kissit:

Cromcruaich

Can't get enough of FH
Well he's got a point.

There's alot more mids running with hibs, than albs running with hibs or mids thats for sure.

I did explain it - need to get this straight really hibs dont run with mids - but in a three way the albs will tend to get it stuck to them first.

Then there is a good relationship between some of the hib and mid players on an individual basis - classic example here is just about every hib with Eul - thats because like it or not he's earnt this respect.

Anyway, it might all fall through - but as youve probably seen NFD are doing an alb project to try and even out the numbers (well even out the numbers isnt strictly correct as albs still got more players-but you know what i mean) and at least have another roaming alb pug around. We shant be adding on soloers and if the population supports it we will respect fair fights. Could turn to crap but we thought we should try.

Cromcruaich

Can't get enough of FH
I would like to break the chain, but it is hard when other 2 realms do not want 2, no matter old relation ships and crosrealming this game was designed to be played by 3 realms and turned out now to be a 2 realm game - long live hibguard. :kissit:

In any threeway fight someone has to be bottom of the pile /shrug - dunno what else to say - and youve got groups like CM and characters like horner whom the majority of albs (from an external pov) have supported to blame. The vocal majority (or perhaps vocal minority ?!) were also happy to kick out TT - one of the few alb guilds that commanded mutual respect from all three realms. Way to go :(

I'd like to add though that now CM are in my opinion contributing, on the whole, positively to the server. Though they still seem to have some very odd habits.

Manisch Depressiv

Part of the furniture
And theres no reason what so ever for this? right? *hands out buckets of clues*

Beside of sitting on the same Vent/IRC and blowing each other you mean?

Yesterday actually that Hib group killed the Mids at Eras a couple of times, I was a bit suprised.

aika

Can't get enough of FH
I always kill all mids except Eul and maybe some solos if I'm in grp. Mocmora and those mid SM grps are KOS.

Triac

Fledgling Freddie
Yesterday actually that Hib group killed the Mids at Eras a couple of times, I was a bit suprised.

Exactly my point..... if any albs around be sure that both hibs and mids will turn for them b4 they even glimt at each other, and it is a seldom sight seeing hibs and mids fight eachother and yes it was nice to c for a change.:D

Cromcruaich

Can't get enough of FH
Exactly my point..... if any albs around be sure that both hibs and mids will turn for them b4 they even glimt at each other, and it is a seldom sight seeing hibs and mids fight eachother and yes it was nice to c for a change.:D

It's a seldom sight seeing anyone fight each other these days ;)

gravi-

Fledgling Freddie
its the playstyle of albion that induces such teamwork between mids and hibs actually, I mean there are like 4 mids i'll leave alone, Eul Mevoq Jiradon(retired i think) and Gustav.

imho, respected players that arent rp horny all the time.

where as albion, there are no players that i will leave alone because as soon as an alb see's red they just run in all bolts blazing and thats it, every1 but them are dead. where as if one of my guild especially runs in see's a bunch of albs/mids, they'll look at them first and think, hmm is this something i wanna be ADDING on?

so yeh, the game was built as a war between 3 realms, however, players evolve, human nature comes in and people use their manners as it were, i mean can u honestly tell me you dont enjoy a nice FAIR fight? or do u love it when ur having 1 of the best fights uve had on the server then a caster comes along and nukes the living piss out of u?

ponder that mfers

CorNokZ

Currently a stay at home dad
Whenever I play my wizard, or any of my other characters for that of matter, I always get a lot of respect from some players! I'd like to believe that this is because I've shown the same respect to them.. Ofcourse there are some, like a lot of the albs are these days, that will kill me on sight just for wearing a steeple hat and a staff, but that's the game :p

I like to play my wizard as an observer.. I really enjoy playing him in fg fights or in minor grps with ppl I know really well (Good old Northern Breeze days <3), but as that is not really an option for me anymore I usually just go out and see what is happening in RvR, when I cba to fight myself.. Usually hibs and mids give me a /hug and run along, but ofc there are some who are solo who will kill me, and that's fair enough! Don't give it much thought..

My point is, that it's not a 2realm game.. It's a 3realm game, but with friendships across the realms!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom