To the real soloers out there

Muylaetrix

Can't get enough of FH
Zoia said:
As for your suggestion about duelling a realm mate, Muyl, that's just not the same, is it?
You're just beginning to ask stupid questions now.
It looks like this is really getting to you. How can it be such a fucking problem for you, that _maybe_ 5-6 people from each realm, if that, are having some solo fights at primetime?

I only have one objection.

it will evolve into fightclub... people arranging fights to increase their rp per hour ... a bannable offense.

and i am not having problems with random duels (where you just run into somone and fight it out). i am having problems with people who use profanity against me after i do something that displeases them.

Muylaetrix

Can't get enough of FH
Fenderon said:
I can't!

40% of my skill is in the poisonspike.. and if I dump it in a duel it ends :(

Same for WoF :mad:

and no a duel vs a realm mate is not the same as a 1 vs 1 random contact.

in a duel vs a realm mate you will not get adds, in a 1 vs 1, you `might` experience adds.

Gamah

Banned
Muylaetrix said:

it will evolve into fightclub... people arranging fights

Do you honeslty think fights are not arranged on a daily basis on IRC? It hasn't turned into a farm fest its all to do with having a 1v1, what you so "affraid" of happening would of already happened with mediums like irc.

Corran

Part of the furniture
Muylaetrix said:

it will evolve into fightclub... people arranging fights to increase their rp per hour ... a bannable offense.

and i am not having problems with random duels (where you just run into somone and fight it out). i am having problems with people who use profanity against me after i do something that displeases them.

Things like that do happen already.. but not in the zones we use.. people been arranging duels via FH pm's and IRC for years now. Though you may not realise it because if this is what they doing then they will do it in areas far away from the usual routes.

And if anybody involved in this uses profanity against you then feel free to contact me as well as using Rightnow. Just tell me who was involved, when and where (Because it may not even have anything to do with us) and I will speak to them. There is alot of people that like to complain about things (me included) but there no need to be insulting

Zoia

Can't get enough of FH
Muylaetrix said:

I hope this wont turn into a duel tournament either where people just stand in a circle doing /beckon and /bow before every fight.
I want those who go there to spread out over the selected zone and jump eachother if they get the chance. Save the /bow for after the fight.
If this does turn into too much of a duel thing rather than a normal zone where you only have a higher chance of meeting soloers, i'll probably go somewhere else.

If someone comes along with a small group and kill those that are there, i also hope people from their realm wont yell at them for doing so.
Ask them politely to leave maybe, but if they wont, let them be.
They may happen to just pass by, but if they have been told we're there, we can just find a new zone and go there.

Azathrim

Fledgling Freddie
Gahn said:
In fact u won some as i can recall :eek:
No worries gonna come out soon with my shade too :D

Yes yes, that's why I said one in five. :)

And for crying out loud, ... how are you supposed to see if people are sitting when they are in sobekite/wolf form?

Shafu

Fledgling Freddie
I have been soloing for almost four years and imho it has never been worse than now. The reason is NF. Mythic obviously isnt going to do anything for soloers, they only cater to the majority, and even if they DID decide to do something it would take more than a year before we would see any changes on European servers. In short, if you dont like the (solo) situation now, you can either quit, wait, or do something about it. Gahn chose to do something, and although I dont think it's a perfect solution, it's still a hell of a lot better then what Mythic is (not) doing for us.

I love soloing, but at the same I absolute hate dueling. Gahn's idea is somewhere in between. It's like fighting friends. Personally, I prefer fighting enemies. I like the fact that you can not communicate with enemies in-game. It ensures a certain distance to your enemies. When you are on a friendly basis with your enemies before a fight, it takes away a part of "the spirit of the game". Joining the "solo group" is a compromise for me, but I feel that I have no choice.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
if the enemy has seen me i always bow bofore the fight, i always have, its not something that i am going to change, if they havent seen me i just get stuck in and try and surprise them, kind of hard with hero speed though :)

tempblade

Fledgling Freddie
Shafu said:
I have been soloing for almost four years and imho it has never been worse than now. The reason is NF.

running solo has always been hard , been the same in OF when emain was crowded by stealthers from all realms while the gates in odins were mostly controlled by the hib stealthzerg ;)
actually u ve always been ganked by groups and zergs and in the OF never existed a place (at least not on excal) where u cud roam and have nice solo fights all the time (except HW maybe, but u cud also wait for hours there to meet anyone).
its not mythics fault and neither it is NF which made runing solo very hard,
still sum ppl were always running solo and still doing it nowadays, and sum of them are doing quite well, so its not worse than before imho.

i also dont think mythic shud do anything for the soloers here, as this game is meant to be a large scale rvr game and though it still leaves the space to have ur solo fight now n then. Roaming solo means to take on the risk to get zerged a lot, but thats old and it was always like that, it also makes u more proud if u were able to gain millions of rps within these harsh circumstances.
i really wonder wot u , shafu, exactly expect from mythic to do for the soloers here in this game ?
adding rules to the coc that its not allowed to kill soloers ?
add instanced zones in which u r not able to group?
or wot isit u want?
imo rvr is oke atm, it allows all kindo ppl to live n fight as they like to, mythic shud just go on balancing the classes abit, still too many OPed mid n hib classes around :D

Shafu

Fledgling Freddie
What I would like from Mythic is a much better infrastructure. OF had three "action areas" (Emain/Odins/Hadrians). If one of them was too crowded/empty, you could just move to another. Very simple infrastructure, but also very effective.

NF only has one "instant action" area (Agramon) and naturally this area is ruled by full groups. Soloers and small groups are forced to find another place, which is all good, except there is no other obvious place to go. There are mainly six dock keeps to choose from, and the more scattered the players are, the closer we have to go to these keeps. End result is bridge camping.

The main problem is instant porting. If a mid wants to go to an enemy frontier he barely has to touch the mid frontier to get there. So how can an alb/hib attack this mid? They can either camp a mid dock, or try to predict where a mid would go... In other words, it's pretty damn hard. So, if noone travels IN their own frontier, where do we find other players? Well, we find a way, players will always find a way, but Mythic is not making it easy for us.

IMHO, the whole point of the frontiers (besides keep fighting) should be to make sure that enemies cross each other paths, and that they do so in cool places. Enemies dont cross each other's paths in NF (not by design anyway), and unless you REALLY like bridge fighting, the places where we meet are not very cool. That's why I think NF is a gigantic waste of potential. Sure, we can go whereever the action is on the warmap, but when the warmap is quiet, we're screwed.

The solution? Encourage players to USE the frontiers. When the warmap is quiet there needs to be obvious places to go.

ebenezer

Fledgling Freddie
its funny, but the three times the last day when i havent soloed with gahn and others and tried solo around any of the usual places, i met a warloc with a di bot attached to his behind like he was being pleassured:p then a BD and third time another caster. all three times i had no chance whatsoever. Adn all three times they laughed at me like they were brilliant players that acomplished something good and really outwitted me:p
hmm...i dunno....but im quite happy for that other idea as long as its working:)
over and out..

Cromcruaich

Can't get enough of FH
Not read the whole of the thread, god im also sure it has been brought up, but i see no legitimate reason why caster classes cant come along.

Everyone is fodder for someone else, its all about picking enemies, and fair circumstance.

There are no classes that arnt top trumped by another one.

Cromcruaich

Can't get enough of FH
Gamah said:
The "non fg crowd" have forever piped on that people should be able to play the game how they like. However now soloers are finally taking a stand and doing something to ensure they can play how they like the "non fg" crowd are suddenly telling people how to play.

It pains me to see people renowned for adding flaming on here, accusing soloers of being "RP Farmers". Simple facts are soloing gets you like 4/5k an hour..you would make 10-15k/hour camping a bridge with the zerg. Soloers want 1v1s not to rpt farm, but to test their reactions and class against another..people that have never soloed a day in their daoc lives would not understand it and seem to be showing their ignorance in blinding glory on these forums.

I applaud Gahn for taking the time and effort to make this happen and I think once we get rid of the spy's it will work very well, people just need to stick with it.

I hate to say it. but well put.

Jupiter

Fledgling Freddie
3.10am Friday 17th March 2006 wtf do some ppl b at, thats 14 albs running about on stick whupping my solo ass

Attachments

• sshot024 (2).jpg
    sshot024 (2).jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 142

Blizard

One of Freddy's beloved
Jupiter said:
3.10am Friday 17th March 2006 wtf do some ppl b at, thats 14 albs running about on stick whupping my solo ass

I agree mate, its pethetic and this looks like the future of DAoC from where im sitting!!
Its bad when 1fg chase a soloer just for 200 rlm pts each!
Even though i want to play a new game on the same theme... nothing is a patch on DAoC though :mad:
So we still carry on trying to play the game the best we can and still try to get abit of fun out of it but its just getting harder and harder all the time, well for me anyhow.

Bondoila

Fledgling Freddie
Shafu said:
What I would like from Mythic is a much better infrastructure. OF had three "action areas" (Emain/Odins/Hadrians). If one of them was too crowded/empty, you could just move to another. Very simple infrastructure, but also very effective.

NF only has one "instant action" area (Agramon) and naturally this area is ruled by full groups. Soloers and small groups are forced to find another place, which is all good, except there is no other obvious place to go. There are mainly six dock keeps to choose from, and the more scattered the players are, the closer we have to go to these keeps. End result is bridge camping.
Was only(mostly) fg's runing in emain/odin/hadrian as well.

Mas

One of Freddy's beloved
Its working great guns at the moment. The standing around has decreased and once you've come out of a fight and rested (behind a tree or something) you go again whether you have ra's up or not. I will bow before a duel but keep running to my target the same. Its not about rp's either its just good fun to hunt in a zone where you know you're not going to get added on in a 1 on 1 fight. Had both censi and magol jump me at boat drop off which i wasnt expecting so its not been a case of stand and eye each other up then /beck for a fight. Saying that though there is a common decency not to chainkill folk and all that ive fought there are good fights even against the tough as rock raven and kagato.

Alexandrinus

Fledgling Freddie
btw that code looks like its getting a movement....wich is really good specially for this server wich was too long punished from classic servers

Corran

Part of the furniture
Bondoila said:
Was only(mostly) fg's runing in emain/odin/hadrian as well.

This wasnt the case on prydwen tbh.

Emain was the land of the fg's and zergs in general. A solo person could head up to HW and if there was a group there then you could be almost certain you could go to Odins and get some solo/small scale fights.

Sure sometimes at wouldnt work out that way but in general you would be ok. Used to solo a hell of alot on various classes and had a laugh. In NF it is actually very tough to do that especially as even if you try the dock area's you can guarentee that you will be zerged by a group inside 5minutes.

Horner

Banned
Blizard said:
I agree mate, its pethetic and this looks like the future of DAoC from where im sitting!!
Its bad when 1fg chase a soloer just for 200 rlm pts each!

HA HA Uve done that hundreds of times so cut the crap :) .

Blizard said:
So we still carry on trying to play the game the best we can and still try to get abit of fun out of it but its just getting harder and harder all the time, well for me anyhow.

Boo Hoo Hoo :m00:

censi

Can't get enough of FH
at least we are safe from hwrnor here, as no one is PVE'ing!

must say this thing been working really nice. Seems like more and more peeps turning up, its a place to go to get some decent fights away from all the nubmnutz

Tuppe

Fledgling Freddie
Corran said:
This wasnt the case on prydwen tbh.

Emain was the land of the fg's and zergs in general. A solo person could head up to HW and if there was a group there then you could be almost certain you could go to Odins and get some solo/small scale fights.

Sure sometimes at wouldnt work out that way but in general you would be ok. Used to solo a hell of alot on various classes and had a laugh. In NF it is actually very tough to do that especially as even if you try the dock area's you can guarentee that you will be zerged by a group inside 5minutes.

there was times when odin was full hib stealth groups, still remember when head solo to odin only to get popped by fg warden ns:s and rangers.
sadly sometimes there was fg hib stealthers in alb + hib port at odin.

hadrian get pathetic place when red guard landed to albs, those was camping mid/hib port whit several fg:s.
hmm thou most times odin was soloers place, hadrian quiet, emain full of opted groups.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
its working great atm, and despite what some people may think its is not in any way an RP farm :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom