To the real soloers out there

Eeben

Fledgling Freddie
give acces !!!! need more forums to troll while im at school! :)

Spetsnaz

Fledgling Freddie
Tuppe said:
there was times when odin was full hib stealth groups, still remember when head solo to odin only to get popped by fg warden ns:s and rangers.
sadly sometimes there was fg hib stealthers in alb + hib port at odin.

hadrian get pathetic place when red guard landed to albs, those was camping mid/hib port whit several fg:s.
hmm thou most times odin was soloers place, hadrian quiet, emain full of opted groups.

that warden+some rangers and some NS was Hellenic Phallanx guild group actually (i was the only one who hadnt sthelthier class so i was da bait) was really funny btw

Logann

Fledgling Freddie
Seems to be a problem with access to the forum atm...
Registered 2 weeks ago..pm'ed gahn and so on ..still no access.
So Im tied down to asking others where the solo area is. If more solo'ers are wanted then give access to the forum.

Ta:clap:

Shafu said:
What I would like from Mythic is a much better infrastructure. OF had three "action areas" (Emain/Odins/Hadrians). If one of them was too crowded/empty, you could just move to another. Very simple infrastructure, but also very effective.

NF only has one "instant action" area (Agramon) and naturally this area is ruled by full groups. Soloers and small groups are forced to find another place, which is all good, except there is no other obvious place to go. There are mainly six dock keeps to choose from, and the more scattered the players are, the closer we have to go to these keeps. End result is bridge camping.

The main problem is instant porting. If a mid wants to go to an enemy frontier he barely has to touch the mid frontier to get there. So how can an alb/hib attack this mid? They can either camp a mid dock, or try to predict where a mid would go... In other words, it's pretty damn hard. So, if noone travels IN their own frontier, where do we find other players? Well, we find a way, players will always find a way, but Mythic is not making it easy for us.

IMHO, the whole point of the frontiers (besides keep fighting) should be to make sure that enemies cross each other paths, and that they do so in cool places. Enemies dont cross each other's paths in NF (not by design anyway), and unless you REALLY like bridge fighting, the places where we meet are not very cool. That's why I think NF is a gigantic waste of potential. Sure, we can go whereever the action is on the warmap, but when the warmap is quiet, we're screwed.

The solution? Encourage players to USE the frontiers. When the warmap is quiet there needs to be obvious places to go.

100% agree with ur post here mate.

Been saying this for years and sent in feedback to mythic/GoA but all we got was Agramon and that is 8v8 place :(

Jor

Fledgling Freddie
stumbled across this thread and sent you a PM Gahn ;)

Kinag

Part of the furniture
bump?

You bumped a rather old thread to let Gahn know he got a new PM?

Jor

Fledgling Freddie
sorry guys, already got answer from Gahn that it is dead :(

/slap self for trying to bump a great idea

Was hoping I could find some fights without being zerged... so I kinda over-reacted here. *sigh*

Anyway... sorry again.

Cromcruaich

Can't get enough of FH
Think it was quite successful for a good few weeks, not sure what finally killed it.

Aqe

One of Freddy's beloved
Cromcruaich said:
Think it was quite successful for a good few weeks, not sure what finally killed it.
Becouse those going was good players. No free rps. People rather get zerged now and then for and get easy rps betwean than have hard fair fights.

Cylian

Fledgling Freddie
Aqe said:
Becouse those going was good players. No free rps. People rather get zerged now and then for and get easy rps betwean than have hard fair fights.

thought it was because there were practically only light tanks and tanks running around there :p

Tuthmes

FH is my second home
Cylian said:
thought it was because there were practically only light tanks and tanks running around there :p

That's cause there's no water around for rr11 sb's to use to get awah! :D

Zoia

Can't get enough of FH
Aqe said:
The competition was tough and i lost more fights there than i normally do, but i don't think that's why people stopped going there.
After a couple of hours, it got boring to run into the same handfull of guys over and over. It also got boring to fight champs and vamps all day, when there's not much you can do against things like fumble debuff, etc.
People also went there at different times and when they didn't see anyone after a few min, they went somewhere else. Then those who came later wouldn't see anyone either and they would go somewhere else too.

It was great fun while it lasted and as long as the zone was used by enough people.
These days we have Emain. :p Same thing really, except we often get a duel circle instead of roaming around. Gets boring after a while, but where else to go? :\

Tuthmes

FH is my second home
Zoia said:
The competition was tough and i lost more fights there than i normally do, but i don't think that's why people stopped going there.
After a couple of hours, it got boring to run into the same handfull of guys over and over. It also got boring to fight champs and vamps all day, when there's not much you can do against things like fumble debuff, etc.
People also went there at different times and when they didn't see anyone after a few min, they went somewhere else. Then those who came later wouldn't see anyone either and they would go somewhere else too.

It was great fun while it lasted and as long as the zone was used by enough people.
These days we have Emain. :p Same thing really, except we often get a duel circle instead of roaming around. Gets boring after a while, but where else to go? :\

Hidden vamp whinge Zoia? :(

Kagato

Fledgling Freddie
Zoia said:
Yes, they are OPed! :(

I think over powered is a matter of perspective from different classes.

Personally I find vamps easy, yet some classes that are impossible for me to fight wouldn't give you trouble at all due to having a different selection of toys at your disposal.

But some classes are simply over powered for a broad spectrum of classes and those are the ones that are truely over powered and need looking at.

Punishment

Resident Freddy
Kagato said:
But some classes are simply over powered for a broad spectrum of classes and those are the ones that are truely over powered and need looking at.

Like Armsmen ? :touch:

Tuthmes

FH is my second home
Kagato said:

Personally I find vamps easy, yet some classes that are impossible for me to fight wouldn't give you trouble at all due to having a different selection of toys at your disposal.

1 on 1 what is OP to you or any rr5 arms Kagato? (especially when you're not camping beno bridge 24/7)

Zoia

Can't get enough of FH
Kagato said:

You should know by now, not to take everything i say here seriously. :D
Some vamps destroy my zerker, some are free RPs and some i have great fights with that can go either way. It mostly depends on what spec they have. If i had purge for that fumble debuff, that would help too.

I still hate that fumble debuff though!

Tuthmes

FH is my second home
Zoia said:
You should know by now, not to take everything i say here seriously. :D
Some vamps destroy my zerker, some are free RPs and some i have great fights with that can go either way. It mostly depends on what spec they have. If i had purge for that fumble debuff, that would help too.

I still hate that fumble debuff though!

Get some MoParry Zoia and wtf pwn em.

Zoia

Can't get enough of FH
Tuthmes said:
Get some MoParry Zoia and wtf pwn em.
I can't afford IP2 yet, only have IP1, nor can i afford any level of purge. How can i then afford MoParry4? :p I already have lv 3.
With MoParry3 and 40+8 parry and 325 dex, that should be just fine. Though i just bought some new 1.85 armour and will soon have 40+16 with my new template! :)

pip

Banned
To make large scale solo fights sucks imo:( rvr is dead enough at mo without taking all my rpeee whores to secret place:twak:

Zoia

Can't get enough of FH
pip said:
To make large scale solo fights sucks imo:( rvr is dead enough at mo without taking all my rpeee whores to secret place:twak:
Lucky for you then, that this thread is 8 months old. :p

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
pip said:
you and your kind are to thank for the death of pvp on excal/pryd cluster so kindly fuck off back to your bridge.

Kagato

Fledgling Freddie
Punishment said:
Like Armsmen ? :touch:

I already stated there were classes im weak against, try quoting the whole thing, you had a go at me for selective quoting before, or is this something else your a hypocrit at ? :p

Tuthmes said:
1 on 1 what is OP to you or any rr5 arms Kagato? (especially when you're not camping beno bridge 24/7)

Funny how I can camp a bridge 24/7 when I only play for barely 3 hours a night on work days.

As for over powered, its not exactly hard to figure out, personally for me shamans, bd's, sm's, valks, wardens, heros, warriors, champions, vw's and now hunters are all a royal pain in the ass, but as already stated, it depends what class you play as to what appears over powered.

Though, some likes valks will be over powered now to a large spectrum as previously stated.

Biohazarddk

Loyal Freddie
givf!! :)

Would be kinda nice imo.. Kinda lame to get zerged by certain ppl all the time :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom