SPAM This thread is for random spam!!

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Just made a recycled wood gatepost by bonding several pieces of old decking together, sealing, varnishing and planting. Arrow straight.

Going to make the other post and a complete gate next.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber

on lead being added said:
The alarm was raised as early as 1924, when five workers were declared dead and dozens more hospitalised after suffering convulsions at a refinery run by the US oil giant Standard Oil.
But despite this, lead continued to be added to all petrol globally until the 1970s.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
I am surprised it was still a thing when I read that, madness, sometimes literally.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
When I volunteered with the forestry commission a few years ago, we did a lot of work near Silverstone, managing the woods, thinning stuff out to allow other trees to grow. It was a drop in the ocean. It takes hundreds of years for forests to diversify naturally, and we are chopping them down like it's going out of fashion, to build pointless vanity trainlines, empty warehouses or more poorly designed nu-build crapstock housing.

But...money.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
When I volunteered with the forestry commission a few years ago, we did a lot of work near Silverstone, managing the woods, thinning stuff out to allow other trees to grow. It was a drop in the ocean. It takes hundreds of years for forests to diversify naturally, and we are chopping them down like it's going out of fashion, to build pointless vanity trainlines, empty warehouses or more poorly designed nu-build crapstock housing.

But...money.
Had a big argument with an ecologist once who said we need to manage forests for diversity.

I said what we need to do is leave them the fuck alone but have more of them*. Celtic Rainforest, dominated by eurasian and sessile oak, take many hundreds of years to come to their natural state of being. Managing them prevents that from ever happening.

Regardless - human activity is absolutely fucking the planet.

"Celtic rainforest" near me:
Our local swimming spot. Apologies for the black bar. I'm pretty sure Tam doesn't want pictures of her swimming all over t'internet :)
Swimming Spot.jpg

*edit: Although, managing our barren, farmed, pine forests into a state dominated by deciduous wood is perfectly acceptable - as long as we stop farming them and rewild.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Had a big argument with an ecologist once who said we need to manage forests for diversity.

I said what we need to do is leave them the fuck alone but have more of them*. Celtic Rainforest, dominated by eurasian and sessile oak, take many hundreds of years to come to their natural state of being. Managing them prevents that from ever happening.

Regardless - human activity is absolutely fucking the planet.

"Celtic rainforest" near me:
Our local swimming spot. Apologies for the black bar. I'm pretty sure Tam doesn't want pictures of her swimming all over t'internet :)
View attachment 44824

*edit: Although, managing our barren, farmed, pine forests into a state dominated by deciduous wood is perfectly acceptable - as long as we stop farming them and rewild.

The problem is they are all new forests with minimal bio diversity. We were primarily cutting back things like birch to allow oak to grow, anything cut was stacked to rot away, providing a habitat for insects and smaller woodland plants, turning woodland into real biodiverse woodland isn't as easy as just leaving it. Birch is extremely invasive, and some trees need clearings to grow. No woodland, no clearings. We are seemingly quite happy to just bulldoze acres upon acres of ancient woodland though, to save some people 20 mins on the train or whatever.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
The problem is they are all new forests with minimal bio diversity. We were primarily cutting back things like birch to allow oak to grow, anything cut was stacked to rot away, providing a habitat for insects and smaller woodland plants, turning woodland into real biodiverse woodland isn't as easy as just leaving it. Birch is extremely invasive, and some trees need clearings to grow. No woodland, no clearings. We are seemingly quite happy to just bulldoze acres upon acres of ancient woodland though, to save some people 20 mins on the train or whatever.
Yeah. It's a particular bugbear of the o/h - she runs environmental impact assessments for large roadbuilding schemes.

Government guidance allows for twatting through ancient woodland and replanting shit woodland elsewhere. So whilst the schemes are fully compliant they're all pretty devastating from an environmental standpoint.

HS2 is a joke too. And don't even get me started on some "renewable energy" schemes that trash the natural environment on the name of, er, saving the environment.

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time

the story behind horse meds

Constantly referring to Ivermectin as "horse paste" is just as disingenuous as saying it's a miracle cure for COVID. It won the Nobel Prize in 2015 for it's effect in humans around River Blindness and has proven to be fairly effective in combating malaria, and has been prescribed to humans over 4 billion times iirc. It has been shown to be effective against COVID in a lab, however trials in humans so far are fairly inconclusive, although Oxford Uni are currently looking at it.

Only reason people are turning to the veterinary version is the FDA in the US have made it very hard to get hold of the human version, so people are using what they can. It's not something I would try myself (I'd look to that old classic "wonder-drug" that's fallen out of favour called aspirin), but as IVM is generally thought to be safer than aspirin, I don't have a massive issue with those who do.

But then I've always found the lack of treatments for COVID, and how quickly people try to rubbish any potential treatment particularly bemusing.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
Constantly referring to Ivermectin as "horse paste" is just as disingenuous as saying it's a miracle cure for COVID. It won the Nobel Prize in 2015 for it's effect in humans around River Blindness and has proven to be fairly effective in combating malaria, and has been prescribed to humans over 4 billion times iirc. It has been shown to be effective against COVID in a lab, however trials in humans so far are fairly inconclusive, although Oxford Uni are currently looking at it.

Only reason people are turning to the veterinary version is the FDA in the US have made it very hard to get hold of the human version, so people are using what they can. It's not something I would try myself (I'd look to that old classic "wonder-drug" that's fallen out of favour called aspirin), but as IVM is generally thought to be safer than aspirin, I don't have a massive issue with those who do.

But then I've always found the lack of treatments for COVID, and how quickly people try to rubbish any potential treatment particularly bemusing.
If you read the article is does say the stuff about human use. But the people wanting cant get the human variants. So they are getting the horse paste.

so this is about the horse paste not about the human preparation.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Because nutters take animal medicine, not thanks to some medical insight but because they read about it on social media when another nutter suggested it's use to cure <insert ailment>

Edit, most likely because the american health care system is broken and doesn't help people, so eating fish tank cleaner or whatever it is this week, might be appealing to some.

Last edited:

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Constantly referring to Ivermectin as "horse paste" is just as disingenuous
Well, it's because they're using vetinary supplies of ivermectin. An anti-parasitic which hasn't been tested in covid.

So not only is it technically true, perhaps pointing out that these people are fucking idiots is a good thing.

Only reason people are turning to the veterinary version is the FDA in the US have made it very hard to get hold of the human version, so people are using what they can.
So your solution would be to give idiots unproven medicines that could make things very much worse? We are to enable idiotic behaviour?

Personally, I think if people are so fucking dumb that they are willing to behave like this we should be giving them cyanide and simply telling them it's ivermectin, but it's most effective if they go home and sit in a nice bath whilst taking it. The dumb fucks would then solve the problem of where to store them in a tidy place before the meat-wagons got around to them.

Embattle

FH is my second home
I thought it was also about the fact people are using the horse version which means it is in a much higher dose than used in humans as well.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
The same nutbars are probably anti-vax but will put whatever shit they can think of in their mouth.

fettoken

I am a FH squatter
I don’t know if anyone here has played Darkest Dungeon AND knows of Gilbert Godfrey. If you do, this is a marvel, and hilarious!

Overdriven

Dumpster Fire of The South
I don’t know if anyone here has played Darkest Dungeon AND knows of Gilbert Godfrey. If you do, this is a marvel, and hilarious!

A mother, father, son and daughter walk into a producers office and the producer asks "so what idea do you have?".

I'm not writing the rest of the joke because I don't want to be banned.

Google: Gilbert Godfrey joke

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
A mother, father, son and daughter walk into a producers office and the producer asks "so what idea do you have?".

I'm not writing the rest of the joke because I don't want to be banned.

Google: Gilbert Godfrey joke
Just fucking repeat it. Bored of google searching for it.

georgie

FH is my second home
I guess:

Wiki said:
This joke almost always has these elements—alternative versions may change this form.

1. Setup: A family act (or a representative, usually the male head of household) goes in to see a talent agent about booking their act. The agent asks what their act consists of.
  2. Act: If the whole family is present, the act is performed for the agent; otherwise it is described, in as much detail as the teller prefers, typically ad lib. Traditionally, the description is tasteless and ribald. The goal is to significantly transgress social norms. Taboo acts such as racism, animal cruelty, incest, rape, child sexual abuse, coprophilia, coprophagia, bestiality, necrophilia, cannibalism, and murder are common themes.
  3. Punch line: The shocked (or intrigued) agent asks what the act is called, and the proud answer (sometimes delivered with a flourish) is: "The Aristocrats!" Some versions have the agent then asking, "So – Is that all ya' got?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom