SPAM This thread is for random spam!!

Overdriven

Dumpster Fire of The South
First gym session since the week before the first lock down.

Jesus I missed that.

Got a fair way to get back tot where I was though!

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
And growing crops also decimates land and causes greenhouse gases.

The trick is and always will be, stop breeding.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
And growing crops also decimates land and causes greenhouse gases.
Much less land use per calorie (you have to produce animal feed you know) and if you grown no-till organic you lock carbon in (instead of our high chemical use monocultural idiocy).

The trick is and always will be, stop breeding.
True. But unless we cull two thirds of the human race *today* then it's a waste of time stating it as it's not going to happen.

Look at the whining when you suggest stopping child subsidies for more than one kid.

We don't make it...

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Whilst I am amused, by "make it" I mean "into space, off the earth to become a spacefaring community".

It's something we need to do to ensure survival of the species beyond our fragile planet's capacity to support us.

It's a view based in physics. The drake equation predicts multiple radio-communicative sources of life - the cosmos should literally be teeming with it. Yet, paradoxically, we can't find any.

The likely reason for this is that life evolves regularly to our sort of level of achivement then, because, like us, the minds that have evolved aren't capable of intelligently managing existential risks in a sensible fashion, something happens (or a combination of things) that mean that life goes extinct.

That means any radio communications that we'd otherwise pick up cease - and pass each other in the cosmos like ships that pass in the night.

Given the above information, and what we know about the world today (including the fact that life is currently undergoing extinctions at unheard of rates) that seems completely reasonable.

We don't make it. Because life inherently snuffs itself out. Evolutionary biology is inadequate to deal with planet-destructive technological advancement. It deals with our ability to improve our survival probabilities to enable our genes to carry on. But we've now ensured gene-survival without intellectual or physical advancement and we're not advancing ideas or systems at the requisite rate instead to ensure that we survive as a species.

I find it unlikely that we'll die or regress below communicative levels through a single event. It might be the death of a thousand cuts (although that would mean life bumps along a surface, regularly becoming communicative again, which we'd likely have loads of evidence for, but don't.). But we do something.

But then, trying to get a denialist like yourself to understand that, never mind accept it and act on it is the whole reason why we don't make it in the first place. So don't worry @Bodhi. You're just the same as most life that ever existed :)

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
This ere' tennis player then, through to the final.

I can't stand tennis, but good on her, 18 years old. She was ranked 330+ at Wimbledon.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
This ere' tennis player then, through to the final.

I can't stand tennis, but good on her, 18 years old. She was ranked 330+ at Wimbledon.
I guessing she is from a privileged parentage to get that training / Opportunity

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Bought this to repair. I just love old machines like this. And the fact it has only 20k of RAM :) Currently in bits having been washed properly. PSU is fine so I hope to power it up tonight to see what the fault is. The seller tells me he saw only a white dot on the CRT, so I'm thinking either the board isn't supplying video sync, or the CRT isn't scanning.

PXL_20210908_133838108.jpgPXL_20210908_132016789.jpgPXL_20210908_130740000.jpgPXL_20210908_130729709.jpgPXL_20210908_130717890.jpgPXL_20210908_130702862.jpg

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Bought this to repair. I just love old machines like this. And the fact it has only 20k of RAM :) Currently in bits having been washed properly. PSU is fine so I hope to power it up tonight to see what the fault is. The seller tells me he saw only a white dot on the CRT, so I'm thinking either the board isn't supplying video sync, or the CRT isn't scanning.

View attachment 44869View attachment 44870View attachment 44871View attachment 44872View attachment 44873View attachment 44874

You might like this guy

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rObG3GddYGk&ab_channel=Techmoan

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber

I came close! Not cleaned my PC since lockdown started, and it's been running 16 hours a day. Frighteningly disgusting. Ended up over heating and crashing, thought the graphics card had packed up for a bit and fuck paying for a new one with the mental prices.

Next little job is taking the graphics card apart and re-doing the thermal paste, just in case. Seems OK at the moment though, touch wood.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Washed it with alcohol and water, needs a few goes though. The alcohol dissolves quite a lot of gunk that leaves streaks on the board. You have to do it really, you don't know what's lurking around the board causing issues. It's 40 years old.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
It's alive, well a little bit. Gotta diagnose that shaky display. And find a BASIC cassette.

Attachments

• PXL_20210911_114154283.mp4
    11.4 MB

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
@Gwadien you said the mujahideen were different from the taliban.

this guy interviewed seems to equate them.

are they different or the same?

113AE58F-4604-4AE5-B891-0D7A7AFCA48B.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

• Top Bottom