SPAM This thread is for random spam!!

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
Everyone watch Futurama
That's an order
futurama-couverture.png

(You may skip any Zoidberg-heavy episodes)

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
Job in another 'The wife has a super lefty school' story.

As for the others, do you really want to go back to the days of physical punishment? Were those days actually better, or rose tinted glasses again boomers?

As for my real experience of a number schools across the East Midlands, the procedure has been the same throughout.

Obviously it varies in severity of what's happened, but it can range from seclusion (working in a room on their own for a day) to exclusion for a few days to permanent exclusion and referred to the Police.

As I've said on a number of occasions, the only thing that has really changed is entitled parents making their children entitled then treating school and the staff like shit and then waltzing around school doing what ever they like.

Unfortunately it leaves schools in a position where they're just waiting for an opportunity to get rid of those kids and make it an issue for another school.

The solution is either we miraculously regain the respect or we start to punish parents for not supporting their schools.
I am gen x not boomer ;).
All i can see is that generally kids had respect for authority back when i were a kid. If that was from getting a tweaked ear or a board rubber slung at us or that our parents took more of an interest in what we were doing and would really have consequences if we got caught doing bad shit. I dont know. But when i see things on tv saying well i cant control young timmy he goes out at 4 and comes in at 2am. How am i supposed to stop him. When young timmy is like 13 or something. Make me think something is wrong some where with what we are doing today.

The Seventies were not perfect in many ways. Just look at jimmy saville. But in general society there was community and respect. And if someone nicked the charity box they would get seven bells knocked out of them but the other thieves for being a dick.

dysfunction

FH is my second home
What that says is that neither of you are listening to each other.

Dismissing snowflake Gwad is bad, but so is dismissing people with experience of when things were actually better in some respects.

What you talking about? I wasn't even taking part in that discussion piece...

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
Job in another 'The wife has a super lefty school' story.

As for the others, do you really want to go back to the days of physical punishment? Were those days actually better, or rose tinted glasses again boomers?

As for my real experience of a number schools across the East Midlands, the procedure has been the same throughout.

Obviously it varies in severity of what's happened, but it can range from seclusion (working in a room on their own for a day) to exclusion for a few days to permanent exclusion and referred to the Police.

As I've said on a number of occasions, the only thing that has really changed is entitled parents making their children entitled then treating school and the staff like shit and then waltzing around school doing what ever they like.

Unfortunately it leaves schools in a position where they're just waiting for an opportunity to get rid of those kids and make it an issue for another school.

The solution is either we miraculously regain the respect or we start to punish parents for not supporting their schools.
I would argue thats a result of liberal culture undermining society with a ludicrous zero tolerance approach to punishment.

Kids get abused...no one is allowed to touch or question them ever.
Liberal gets good nights sleep..problem solved.

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
I would argue thats a result of liberal culture undermining society with a ludicrous zero tolerance approach to punishment.

Kids get abused...no one is allowed to touch or question them ever.
Liberal gets good nights sleep..problem solved.

What do you define as punishment?

Ormorof

FH is my second home
"punishment" doesn't work for adults (look up one of @Scouse tirades about rehabilitation ), why would it work for kids?

How to handle situation ofc depends on age, but like dogs keep kids busy, well fed and watered, and they arent a problem ;)

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
"punishment" doesn't work for adults (look up one of @Scouse tirades about rehabilitation ), why would it work for kids?

How to handle situation ofc depends on age, but like dogs keep kids busy, well fed and watered, and they arent a problem ;)

A better term would be "consequences". Problem is finding consequences that have meaning. I have a friend, a divorcee with two teenage boys, and one has been excluded from school for various twattish behaviours. The mother is obviously distraught, the boy however seems rather pleased with the situation, because he's a teenage boy and therefore a hormone-addled fuckwit. He won't see the true consequences of his behaviour for a few years yet.

dysfunction

FH is my second home
You have to take away something that they really care about otherwise the consequences have no effect.

Job

What do you define as punishment?
Here comes the scary bit.
Because physical punishment is too close to barbarism for the crystallised raindrop brigade, we now have to delve into pseudo shaming.

'How do you think your victim feels?'

Its all very clever but so totally in the shitstorm of philosophy and only gets results in the bubble of its own context.
Exclusion..naughty schools..transfers, just entrenches the bully and strengthens the bond with their parents against the system.

Exclusion is now off the table in the wifes school because so many girls ended up hanging around older drug dealers in the town.

So in conclusion..yes, I fully support physical punishment...its absolute consequence and instant restorative justice to victims.
Of course it will never hapoen because there us an entire machine dedicated to removing us from reality.

Gwadien

Lmao.

I'm sure you wouldn't be saying that if I punched your kid in the face.

Gwadien

Because the argument for using violence to try to address any issue is retarded in itself :)

I'm starting to think Job was abused as a kid that's why he's so angry.

dysfunction

FH is my second home
I've never hit my children to discipline them and they are very well behaved.
Sometimes just a look from me will stop them if they are about to do something stupid.

Denial of things like games or being with their friends is far more effective than beating them up

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
I've never hit my children to discipline them and they are very well behaved.
Sometimes just a look from me will stop them if they are about to do something stupid.

Denial of things like games or being with their friends is far more effective than beating them up
And there lies the issue. A lot of parents have no control of wish to instil control in their kids. And have not taught them respect for others. They think they are entitled to everything so you have no recourse as a teacher or any other authority figure in society to control their behaviour.

So in order to make the kids who want to learn able to take full advantage of class time isolating those who are uncontrollable is a good start.

dysfunction

FH is my second home
Well that
And there lies the issue. A lot of parents have no control of wish to instil control in their kids. And have not taught them respect for others. They think they are entitled to everything so you have no recourse as a teacher or any other authority figure in society to control their behaviour.

So in order to make the kids who want to learn able to take full advantage of class time isolating those who are uncontrollable is a good start.

Well that's not what I said. I don't think isolation is good as it's kind of a mental torture.

Take things away like their free time and spend time with their friends. Get them to do community service like picking up rubbish or helping old people.

Isolation doesn't seem right to me.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
Well that

Well that's not what I said. I don't think isolation is good as it's kind of a mental torture.

Take things away like their free time and spend time with their friends. Get them to do community service like picking up rubbish or helping old people.

But for a child who has been bought up with no boundries and not respect to authority. What are a school supposed to do? Let them ruin 30 other kids education ? Or remove the problem until the kid can be reintegrated with steps taken in isolation to try and instil some responsibility

Job

Just edited news stories that are utterly ridiculous..but slowly you begin to realise that the bizarre becomes more normal as you listen in the context of professional presentation

View: https://youtu.be/Vh7JyOTmfQM

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
you begin to realise that the bizarre becomes more normal as you listen in the context of professional presentation
You might... everybody else can hear the cuts from a mile away.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
But for a child who has been bought up with no boundries and not respect to authority. What are a school supposed to do? Let them ruin 30 other kids education ? Or remove the problem until the kid can be reintegrated with steps taken in isolation to try and instil some responsibility

And who's going to keep an eye on these "isolated" kids during lesson time?

Gwadien

Well that

Most schools use isolation, especially for the rest of the lesson, my school is currently you get 1 warning (You don't have to give a warning obvious things that kids straight up shouldn't be doing) Then they get their first punishment which is a 20 minute detention, then if they continue they're in isolation for the rest of the lesson, get 2-3 of those a week and you're in isolation for a day.

Gwadien

Struggle to see how that works tbh.

Effective?

Yeah.

There's an expectation when the teacher says you work in silence that that's what they do, (Obviously not all the time) and follow rules such as not talking when the teacher is talking to the class etc

If they can't do that in a classroom setting then they go and do it on their own in another room on their own.

That's what I find amusing, people think schools are super laid back and as Job would call them 'liberal', but in reality they're far more stricter than when I was at school, albeit that my school was a bit shit but got good results because they played the system.

Stuff like if you're late in the morning twice in a week then you get a hour detention after school.

Expectations are a focus on many schools which wasn't really a thing in the past, and the punishments are quite severe if you don't reach certain expectations, as I've said before, the kids that don't meet those expectations are usually kids of parents that either don't care about their kids education or they have little respect for schools and think that the sun shines out of their kids arse, 9/10 when this is the case the kid is an absolute arsehole.

It works better than hitting kids and then being surprised when they're violent in return.

Job

They are stricter in a way, because the old domination of the class by the teacher has gone and nipping it in the bud has been lost.
Now the teacher has no process to contain bad behaviour and simply passes it to pastoral who put in place procedures to kid glove the child into conforming.
90% of it is amateur psychology to see what the problem is...home..friends..boyfriends..sexual confusion?

It all sounds very sensible..the road to hell and all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom