SPAM This thread is for random spam!!

Embattle

FH is my second home
Probably a parent who realised that rather than the usual subjects being taught they kept coming home and spouting lefty lessons :p

dysfunction

FH is my second home
Parents evening tonight, number uno advice for parents.

If you plan on going in and giving teachers a bollocking then don't take your kid with you.

And why the fuck haven't you come in or called in before.

If you don't heed my advice then youre putting your child's education in jeopardy.

Whenever I have been to a Parent's Evening at the school the children are not allowed in the meeting. They have to wait elsewhere.

Not sure if that's a school policy or just what the teachers decide themselves but may be worth implementing!

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Whenever I have been to a Parent's Evening at the school the children are not allowed in the meeting. They have to wait elsewhere.

Not sure if that's a school policy or just what the teachers decide themselves but may be worth implementing!

Ditto. Never had the kids there.

DaGaffer

I had an interesting disagreement with my daughter’s principal the other week; my daughter (and two of her friends) got pulled up for refusing to play with another girl. This girl is an obnoxious cow who thinks she’s better than everyone else (Dad is minted), and isn’t shy about saying so, so my daughter and her mates started ignoring her (after years of this) and got pulled up because they’re not allowed to “exclude” anyone (the girl had complained to a teacher because my daughter and her friends kept walking away from her).

Me and one of the other Dads went up to tell the school “fuck that shit” in no uncertain terms. The school were really bolshy about it until we pointed out that if this girl was a bully (she’s not, she’s just a bitch) then they’d be bending over backwards to keep her away from our girls, and that “not being friends with someone” is a fairly fundamental human right. They were really reluctant to concede our points. We had to promise the girls wouldn’t get other kids to ignore this girl, but I have the feeling this one is going to run and run. Problem is schools have well-intentioned policies that don’t actually work very well in the real world.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
I get ya. I guess they're trying to force them together to see if they can work out their differences.

From rich bitches standpoint - maybe she'll change her tune (she's a kid after all). But if she finds herself excluded for the rest of school because of her actions when she was younger.

Teachers focussed on group social cohesion and growth vs parents focussing on their own kid's happiness...

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
I had an interesting disagreement with my daughter’s principal the other week; my daughter (and two of her friends) got pulled up for refusing to play with another girl. This girl is an obnoxious cow who thinks she’s better than everyone else (Dad is minted), and isn’t shy about saying so, so my daughter and her mates started ignoring her (after years of this) and got pulled up because they’re not allowed to “exclude” anyone (the girl had complained to a teacher because my daughter and her friends kept walking away from her).

Me and one of the other Dads went up to tell the school “fuck that shit” in no uncertain terms. The school were really bolshy about it until we pointed out that if this girl was a bully (she’s not, she’s just a bitch) then they’d be bending over backwards to keep her away from our girls, and that “not being friends with someone” is a fairly fundamental human right. They were really reluctant to concede our points. We had to promise the girls wouldn’t get other kids to ignore this girl, but I have the feeling this one is going to run and run. Problem is schools have well-intentioned policies that don’t actually work very well in the real world.

I agree with you, but I think the school was trying to do what you described - trying to get your kids to make sure they don't start spreading shit so the other kid is totally isolated for no reason.

Saying you have to be friends is fucking ridiculous though.

There's a kid here who is small because he had a brain tumour and it effected his growth, the other kids ignore him which makes me sad because in my eyes the kid is a hero.

DaGaffer

I agree with you, but I think the school was trying to do what you described - trying to get your kids to make sure they don't start spreading shit so the other kid is totally isolated for no reason.

Saying you have to be friends is fucking ridiculous though.

There's a kid here who is small because he had a brain tumour and it effected his growth, the other kids ignore him which makes me sad because in my eyes the kid is a hero.

Absolutely agree that’s the other side of the argument and entirely correct, and yes kids are dicks (and I see it from the other side with my son who has social difficulties). What pissed me off in this case was my daughter explained to the teachers why they were doing what they did (and she’d actually asked our permission before she started ignoring this girl) and the teachers basically responded with “you can’t do that” rather than listening. We also found out later that this girl has an uncle who’s one of the teachers! Which didn’t improve my mood.

Gwadien

Absolutely agree that’s the other side of the argument and entirely correct, and yes kids are dicks (and I see it from the other side with my son who has social difficulties). What pissed me off in this case was my daughter explained to the teachers why they were doing what they did (and she’d actually asked our permission before she started ignoring this girl) and the teachers basically responded with “you can’t do that” rather than listening. We also found out later that this girl has an uncle who’s one of the teachers! Which didn’t improve my mood.

Yeah sounds like the parents of that other girl have way too much influence, if there's a kid saying look I have an issue but I'm going to deal with it like an adult and ignore them then the last thing they should be doing is criticising that behaviour.

Ive come across it many times and kids like the girl you described usually ends up with a they're not the problem, you are diagnosis.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
You cant control social interaction. If you dont want to be with someone like you said its a fundamental skill of growing up picking and choosing friends and social interactions.

You tolerate them in class and where you have to be with them. As long as you arent nasty and just prefer to talk to other people its fine. Shoulda asked if they prefer your daughter run a hate campaign against her lol. School dont know when they are on a winning wicket.

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
The wife is involved daily in bullying and uses all the latest techniques.

My problem with them all is they involve minimum consequence for the bully and maximum forgivness from the victim.

Typical idiotic brush under carpet liberal approach.
Well they shook hands ..see how we fixed it.
No you didnt , you just reinforced to the bully they are untouchable and the drilled into the victim you dont matter..only a good outcome for the school is all that matters.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter

My problem with them all is they involve minimum consequence for the bully and maximum forgivness from the victim.

No you didnt , you just reinforced to the bully they are untouchable and the drilled into the victim you dont matter..only a good outcome for the school is all that matters.
Always been that way. It just tries to make the bad dude not do it any more. Theres no retribution.

Zarjazz

Identifies as a horologist.

Fucking hell. This may be the first time I've agreed with Job. I feel dirty.

Jupitus

Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy!
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Had a german teacher would throw what ever was at hand, chalk, board rubbers, chairs. Lol

I had a teacher like this too when I was young - funny thing was many years later he came up in front of my Dad for a job ;)

Gwadien

Job in another 'The wife has a super lefty school' story.

As for the others, do you really want to go back to the days of physical punishment? Were those days actually better, or rose tinted glasses again boomers?

As for my real experience of a number schools across the East Midlands, the procedure has been the same throughout.

Obviously it varies in severity of what's happened, but it can range from seclusion (working in a room on their own for a day) to exclusion for a few days to permanent exclusion and referred to the Police.

As I've said on a number of occasions, the only thing that has really changed is entitled parents making their children entitled then treating school and the staff like shit and then waltzing around school doing what ever they like.

Unfortunately it leaves schools in a position where they're just waiting for an opportunity to get rid of those kids and make it an issue for another school.

The solution is either we miraculously regain the respect or we start to punish parents for not supporting their schools.

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
Back in my day boomers were all a lot younger.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
What that says is that neither of you are listening to each other.

Dismissing snowflake Gwad is bad, but so is dismissing people with experience of when things were actually better in some respects.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom