SPAM This thread is for random spam!!

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
They are stricter in a way, because the old domination of the class by the teacher has gone and nipping it in the bud has been lost.
Now the teacher has no process to contain bad behaviour and simply passes it to pastoral who put in place procedures to kid glove the child into conforming.
90% of it is amateur psychology to see what the problem is...home..friends..boyfriends..sexual confusion?

It all sounds very sensible..the road to hell and all.

It's funny how you call it amateur psychology when you're suggesting that you should respond with violence which most professional psychologist deem ineffective and having negative effects on their mental health.

Unless you're going to dismiss psychology as a science, which frankly wouldn't be surprising.

dysfunction

FH is my second home
Most schools use isolation, especially for the rest of the lesson, my school is currently you get 1 warning (You don't have to give a warning obvious things that kids straight up shouldn't be doing) Then they get their first punishment which is a 20 minute detention, then if they continue they're in isolation for the rest of the lesson, get 2-3 of those a week and you're in isolation for a day.

When you talk about isolation you just mean removing them from the classroom I assume rather than those isolation booths?
'Hundreds spend week in school isolation'

These look horrendous and can't be good for children and seem to be being used in an idiotic way. This is what I was talking about. It's physiological torture to use these booths on kids.

Gwadien

When you talk about isolation you just mean removing them from the classroom I assume rather than those isolation booths?
'Hundreds spend week in school isolation'

These look horrendous and can't be good for children and seem to be being used in an idiotic way. This is what I was talking about. It's physiological torture to use these booths on kids.

The article says that a minority of schools do use them.

I've seen them, but they're used as a more severe punishment if they've been excluded for instance.

Usually being removed means being put in another classroom or an empty classroom with a member of staff.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Honestly, leaves a real bad taste in my mouth. It feels utterly draconian.

Teachers when I was a kid could absolutely keep unruly classrooms under control without excluding anyone. The idea that kids were taken out of class was unheard of.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter

Teachers when I was a kid could absolutely keep unruly classrooms under control without excluding anyone. The idea that kids were taken out of class was unheard of.
The kids have changed and the teachers have feck all they can do without getting in trouble and the kids know it.

Gwadien

Again, expectations are higher.

I don't necessarily agree with it either, some expectations don't reflect the real world, and schools do feel quite draconian as a result of it.

Honestly though, it also boils down to the fact that school has simply got harder in the past 10 years or so, most GCSE specs are very content heavy and requires every lesson to be used optimally which usually includes having kids working in silence banging out content and being unable to balance it out with work that might be more relaxed, so kids do get frustrated by it and therefore respond badly.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
schools do feel quite draconian as a result of it.
Life isn't supposed to be like that.

Especially not for kids.

No wonder we've got workforces full of terrified snowflake drones.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing

Really? I remember kids being kicked out of class when I was at school. Sometimes it was stand outside, sometimes get sent to the Head.

I had teachers who could control a class through fear, others (not many) who could control a class through being interesting, others who used the head and higher ups to control things, and a couple of memorable ones who controlled absolutely fuck all, which is why I only did half my History syllabus for example.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Really? I remember kids being kicked out of class when I was at school. Sometimes it was stand outside, sometimes get sent to the Head.

I had teachers who could control a class through fear, others (not many) who could control a class through being interesting, others who used the head and higher ups to control things, and a couple of memorable ones who controlled absolutely fuck all, which is why I only did half my History syllabus for example.
Well yeah. But fucking isolation booths and rooms that they sat in on their own?

Maybe you'd sit outside the headmasters room on a bench for a bit. But this seems systematised.

Punishment was getting detention. Which wasn't bad - it was an hour to do your homework. The fucker teachers wouldn't let you do it so that was a *really* long hour, but oddly counterproductive as you'd think you were in school to learn.

I've a real distaste for our education system tho. School batters the independence and enthusiasm out of kids and holds the brightest back :(

Gwadien

Well yeah. But fucking isolation booths and rooms that they sat in on their own?

Maybe you'd sit outside the headmasters room on a bench for a bit. But this seems systematised.

Punishment was getting detention. Which wasn't bad - it was an hour to do your homework. The fucker teachers wouldn't let you do it so that was a *really* long hour, but oddly counterproductive as you'd think you were in school to learn.

I've a real distaste for our education system tho. School batters the independence and enthusiasm out of kids and holds the brightest back :(

What's the difference between sitting outside the heads and sitting in a room?

Embattle

FH is my second home
At secondary school I sat in the headmasters corridor doing my classwork for a weak once as punishment, was expecting to get suspended at the time.

Yoni

Cockb@dger / Klotehommel www.lhw.photography
They all need catholic nuns - they put the fear of god in is all - we were punished by a telephone to the ‘rents and normally not going home on one of the weekends we were allowed out each term.... causes mass rebellion however on release ;)

Embattle

FH is my second home
Isolation. It was embarrasaing sat outside the heads (and never that long).

What had you done @Embattle?

I was talking to a neighbour/friend who was in the lunch queue but the person next to him kept lightly pushing him so I asked him to stop and he didn't and thought it was wise to try the same with me, thus I punched him and he went flying into the corner of a wooden wall splitting his head open on one side.

Gwadien

I was talking to a neighbour/friend who was in the lunch queue but the person next to him kept lightly pushing him so I asked him to stop and he didn't and thought it was wise to try the same with me, thus I punched him and he went flying into the corner of a wooden wall splitting his head open on one side.
Yeah you see, today you'd be gone.

Gwadien

And what does that achieve?

Not a great deal, but in the world of quasi privatised education its much better for schools to get rid rather than spending dwindling resources on trying to deal with it.

Also it addresses the problem of parents thinking that schools don't do enough to deal with the kid that assaulted/bullied their kid.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Not a great deal, but in the world of quasi privatised education its much better for schools to get rid rather than spending dwindling resources on trying to deal with it.

Also it addresses the problem of parents thinking that schools don't do enough to deal with the kid that assaulted/bullied their kid.
It's costly disruptive idiocy that pushes the problem elsewhere rather than dealing with it.

Gwadien

It's costly disruptive idiocy that pushes the problem elsewhere rather than dealing with it.

And my friend, I completely agree.

This is why I try to raise awareness for the non-public public cuts that the Government are making, and the changes they have that has a huge knock on effect on 'the over all picture'.

Social Services are being cut to the bone, most stuff just gets ignored until it's referred to the Police. (This is where I get a facepalm from Embattle and Moriath :))

Education has been overhauled dramatically where essentially we've been told that we need to be a combination of teachers and social services whilst also massively changing GCSEs so they're so much more content heavy, therefore taking time away from asking kids if they're alright to having to spend all your time actually teaching and only doing the 'social services' shit out of a necessity, which isn't prevention.

Meh, Politics, it's funny when you talk to teachers who have been around for -years- and just respond with 'meh, same old shit, it all goes around in circles, again, we'll eventually we'll realise that education isn't purely about education at all, there will be some big story that changes everything again.'

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
Its not just teachers.
Everyone is being roped into social.issues without an ounce of training, protection or insurance.

My landlord mate has been told he has to visit all his properties every six months and report any social issues, illegal immigrants, child abuse etc.
And apparently me going there for the gas check can be one of them.
What the living fuk.

Also another mate who fits broadband for bt has been told the same.

Just utter, idiotic cost savings pushed by numbfuk university pricks with a slim grasp on reality.

Gwadien

Its not just teachers.
Everyone is being roped into social.issues without an ounce of training, protection or insurance.

My landlord mate has been told he has to visit all his properties every six months and report any social issues, illegal immigrants, child abuse etc.
And apparently me going there for the gas check can be one of them.
What the living fuk.

Also another mate who fits broadband for bt has been told the same.

Just utter, idiotic cost savings pushed by numbfuk university pricks with a slim grasp on reality.

So if you went on a job and you saw signs of obvious neglect, would you not report it anyway?

Job

Oh really.
No training..no context..completely exposing yourself as the source..no backup, quite possibly totally mis reading a situation, putting huge stress and investigations on the family.
Its not my place to be an arm of the social services wedged into my job.
Quite obviously I could never visit again and on top of that I put my telephone number and address on the gas form.

Not a fukin chance.

Gwadien

Oh really.
No training..no context..completely exposing yourself as the source..no backup, quite possibly totally mis reading a situation, putting huge stress and investigations on the family.
Its not my place to be an arm of the social services wedged into my job.
Quite obviously I could never visit again and on top of that I put my telephone number and address on the gas form.

Not a fukin chance.

So just to clarify, I said serious signs of neglect, where people will be harmed if they continue to live like that.

Because if your response is still 'Not a fukin chance.' then I don't even know where to go with that.

Job

The chances of coming across that situation when turning up for a pre arranged visit is practically zero.

Gwadien

No, but I'm asking you if you did come across a situation like that.

Answer the fucking question.

And please don't give me an essay with over complicated and incorrectly used words about how liberalism is destroying the planet because we care about people's welfare more than we used to.

You really are a Victorian.

Job

Mexico is descending it complete barbarism.

A young woman was killed by her boyfriend who proceeded to skin her corpse..remove the organs and was caught doing it.

A national newspaper put the graphic image of her half disected body on the front page with a joke valentine headline of 'It was cupids fault'.

Wtf is going on.

Leaked photos of woman's brutal murder by partner with 'It was cupid’s fault' headline spark outrage in Mexico

Its on 4chan if you want the shock.

Nsfw or l obviously..they posted this on the FRONT of a national newspaper with a joke.
Unfuckingbelievable.

/pol/ - >Mexico is a peaceful country - Politically Incorrect - 4chan

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom