SPAM This thread is for random spam!!

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
Sorry about the fat bird bending down showing us what she had for dinner.

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
Finally somerhing me and Guardianistas agree on .

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Finally somerhing me and Guardianistas agree on .
That article's not open for comments. So even if I was bothered, I couldn't really have checked the veracity of your statement.

To be fair though - most artists worth their salt attract the ire of the masses.

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
That article's not open for comments. So even if I was bothered, I couldn't really have checked the veracity of your statement.

To be fair though - most artists worth their salt attract the ire of the masses.

Your mistake is thinking that Job understands culture.

Job

And there you go ..
Rolling over exactly like they want.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
And there you go ..
Rolling over exactly like they want.
Rolling over on what? I literally have *zero* idea what you're getting at.

Instead of posting random shite, that nobody really understands the meaning of (rather than "I hate Tracy Emin", which is obvious) why not explain what your ultimate point is about?

Job

I wrote a big reply..all thought out and long words an that.
Phone rang and lost the lot.
Going to have to stoke up the grey matter again.

Job

For starters they have deleted the article..probably because it was right there underneath with 10 pages of comments ripping her and her posse a new one.

Job

I was going to say Tracy is basically the battleground between the common man and the self appointed cultural elite who bask in people scorning her because it gives them an opportunity to rise above the uneducated opinion of those who do not have enough finesse or insight to appreciate her take on life.
Of course its utter bullshit and its closing in on her as it becomes more and more absurd to glorify her utter lack of talent in any of these areas.
Thry will move on to the next artist they can spread their elitism over.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
I was going to say Tracy is basically the battleground between the common man and the self appointed cultural elite who bask in people scorning her because it gives them an opportunity to rise above the uneducated opinion of those who do not have enough finesse or insight to appreciate her take on life.
Of course its utter bullshit and its closing in on her as it becomes more and more absurd to glorify her utter lack of talent in any of these areas.
Thry will move on to the next artist they can spread their elitism over.
There's a couple of things I'd say to that:
I was going to say Tracy is basically the battleground between the common man and the self appointed cultural elite
That's a very binary view of the world. Basically "common man" (who you can't define) and "everyone who likes her" (who you define as "self-appointed cultural elite" - despite a lot of working class people liking her).

In reality - there'll be a mix of people, some who adore, some who hate, some who've never heard of her, some who are ambivalent, some who like some of her stuff, but don't like other stuff. All born in different bits of the financial spectrum. Yadda yadda yadda.

So, Point 1: Your "battleground" doesn't really exist anywhere other than in your head.

it becomes more and more absurd to glorify her utter lack of talent in any of these areas
Go see a lot of Tracy Emin exhibitions do you? You've cast your eye over all her work and decided that all of it is the product of a talentless hack?

Or, have you ever been to see one of her exhibitions?

I won't go so far to say have you ever been to an art exhibition, because school will have dragged you along to at least one.

Point 2 is: You don't go to art galleries. You certainly don't frequent Tracy Emin installations and are in no way qualified to state whether her art is talentless or not.

(I'd wager she's very talented, as she brings out this amazing rage in so many people).

And randomly: Point 3: It doesn't hurt you, so why do you care? If you didn't pay attention to Tracy Emin, then you'd never be able to feel this way.

Question: What do you want to do about her, in particular, and with the art world in general?

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
I had no idea she existed until you shared the link
Look Ormorof. You're either the common man, who hates her, or the cultural elite, spreading their "eliteness", with a knife. A silver knife.

Or something.

:eek:

Job

There's a couple of things I'd say to that:

That's a very binary view of the world. Basically "common man" (who you can't define) and "everyone who likes her" (who you define as "self-appointed cultural elite" - despite a lot of working class people liking her).

In reality - there'll be a mix of people, some who adore, some who hate, some who've never heard of her, some who are ambivalent, some who like some of her stuff, but don't like other stuff. All born in different bits of the financial spectrum. Yadda yadda yadda.

So, Point 1: Your "battleground" doesn't really exist anywhere other than in your head.

Go see a lot of Tracy Emin exhibitions do you? You've cast your eye over all her work and decided that all of it is the product of a talentless hack?

Or, have you ever been to see one of her exhibitions?

I won't go so far to say have you ever been to an art exhibition, because school will have dragged you along to at least one.

Point 2 is: You don't go to art galleries. You certainly don't frequent Tracy Emin installations and are in no way qualified to state whether her art is talentless or not.

(I'd wager she's very talented, as she brings out this amazing rage in so many people).

And randomly: Point 3: It doesn't hurt you, so why do you care? If you didn't pay attention to Tracy Emin, then you'd never be able to feel this way.

Question: What do you want to do about her, in particular, and with the art world in general?
lts not about that part of the art world..its how it reflects the worst of society , snobbery, elitism and the saddest of all, people who buy into it to 'better' themselves.

Job

Yes but we dont do common sense anymore, we are back to victorian outrage..on twatter..in the press and even on this forum.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
@Bodhi in repeating old shite arguments again.

the kind of people who have allowed their legitimate criticism of Israeli government policy and defence forces to morph into questioning Israel’s right to exist
I disagree that Israel's existence as a non-secular state is sensible at all and it's clear that is the root of the current problems and Israeli state atrocities.

That doesn't automatically make me 'antisemitic'. But @Bodhi will constantly repeat this sort of argument without addressing it.

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
I don't really care if Bodhi keeps posting it or if others do.

It's pretty clear that the establishment is very anti Corbyn because he's a threat to their wealth, the problem is that with all this shit being repeated 'Jews feel unsafe in the UK' - REALLY, I mean, REALLY?

All it does is makes some Corbyn supporters go from anti-Israel to anti-Jew because people are getting fed up of this constant barrage of bullshit and suspect that there's a layer of the establishment who will defend Israel even if they commit genocide.

Job

Tbh..this is becoming a thing in a lot of companies.
My mate who still works for BT has the weirdest relationship with his boss thats totally unprofessional and downright menacing.
His boss pays him out of his own pocket to meet targets, verbally abuses staff..even offering to have fights in the car park.
Its beyond belief, things have gone full circle back to the 70s.
I can vouch for the stories because I sat with his workmates in a car park and they all agreed.
Obviously I questioned wether they have taken it up with the union and HR..it seems they are not interested.
A new breed of 1st line managers are being given carte blanche to increase productivity, its all going to unravel.
I listened to a conversation with his manager..it was unbelievable, he sounded like a gangster sorting a drug deal.
Are you going to do this for me xxxxxx, if not I can make things difficult with your leave..you know I dont want to do that.
Im not exaggeraring at all, I think somehow an incredible amount of toxicity has creeped back in against all the measures in place to stop it.

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
@Bodhi in repeating old shite arguments again.

I disagree that Israel's existence as a non-secular state is sensible at all and it's clear that is the root of the current problems and Israeli state atrocities.

That doesn't automatically make me 'antisemitic'. But @Bodhi will constantly repeat this sort of argument without addressing it.

You're quite correct that doesn't make you an anti semite wanting to see a secular Israel (not that that's ever going to happen) . But continuously sharing a platform with people who want to see Israel completely destroyed considering its historical significance?

Yes. And that is why he is now being condemned for internationally, not just in the UK. Seems to be an awful lot of people using the same tired argument for there not be some truth behind it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom