SPAM This thread is for random spam!!

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
No, it's a Meme which ridicules and undermines a genuine movement, i'm sure you'd raise your eyebrows if the 'joke' (which wasn't even remotely funny) was homophobic/racist etc.

It's a bit like lots of people hate Muslims, but have never met one and their only exposure is through terrorist attacks reported on the news. You can tell it's something created by the alt-right because it's not funny and that's their new attempt at getting support for their policies - memes.

It's this kind of shit that makes you come to your conclusions about 'everyone being able to identify what they want and everyone has to accept it' makes it sound like everyone in the world is just flipping through genders at will, I bet there's way more people that whine about transgender people than there are actual transgenderz.

Problem is, there really is a militant group of trans...(I really can't keep up with the nomenclature)...rights activists, who sit entirely in this space. Gender as a state of mind, rather than any physical reality. Emily is a joke to make an exaggerated point, a role that jokes are apparently no longer allowed to do.

Of course the best version of this joke was made 40 years ago, her name was Loretta, and it's still valid.

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
Problem is, there really is a militant group of trans...(I really can't keep up with the nomenclature)...rights activists, who sit entirely in this space. Gender as a state of mind, rather than any physical reality. Emily is a joke to make an exaggerated point, a role that jokes are apparently no longer allowed to do.

Of course the best version of this joke was made 40 years ago, her name was Loretta, and it's still valid.

I've addressed this a billion times.

Whenever Lad Bible or some other trash Facebook based media group post anything about Trans people doing ridiculous stuff, it's -always- these tiny minority militant groups who are quoted on saying ridiculous shit in order to stir the pot.

If you were Trans and you were fighting for your rights, would you really want to support someone who said they're trans so they can go to a female prison or something ridiculous, I mean, really?

I'm all for humour on stuff like this, but in the correct context. I can pretty much promise you that this originated on alt-right forum or something, it's their way of distorting the truth and reality in a sub conscious way, it's sinister.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
To be fair - Judith has the right approach above. Watch it again. It costs nothing and makes people happy.

(Although the conceit about trans people "wanting to have babies" doesn't really fit with what trans people are actually after).

Gwadien

We're not North Korea, we want freedoms, we want people to do what they want!

So long as they remain within pre-allocated boxes.

Gwadien

_105376154_japan_crime_full_edit-nc.png

Holy fuck!

Full article; Why some Japanese pensioners want to go to jail

tl;dr elderly stuff is mostly shop lifting, they do it because they're in poverty and they want to go to prison.

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time

Whenever Lad Bible or some other trash Facebook based media group post anything about Trans people doing ridiculous stuff, it's -always- these tiny minority militant groups who are quoted on saying ridiculous shit in order to stir the pot.

If you were Trans and you were fighting for your rights, would you really want to support someone who said they're trans so they can go to a female prison or something ridiculous, I mean, really?

I'm all for humour on stuff like this, but in the correct context. I can pretty much promise you that this originated on alt-right forum or something, it's their way of distorting the truth and reality in a sub conscious way, it's sinister.

Dude, it's a joke. Calm yer tits.

DaGaffer

Timely
Scottish feminist group says transgender laws risk women's rights

There are real concerns about the direction of travel of this stuff.

Gwadien

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time

DaGaffer

I think common sense plays a role in this.

Provide evidence that there's been cases of lads saying that they identify as girls so they can see the girls in the changing room.

All I'm seeing is self centred activists telling everyone that their rights are more important than other peoples rights.

You don't need to provide evidence if you decide to give such behaviour legal protection. Then it will be too late to do anything about it. Beware of unintended consequences.

Sorry, I'm just not impressed by the concept of enshrining wish fulfillment as a legal right.

Gwadien

You don't need to provide evidence if you decide to give such behaviour legal protection. Then it will be too late to do anything about it. Beware of unintended consequences.

Sorry, I'm just not impressed by the concept of enshrining wish fulfillment as a legal right.

I'm fairly sure lots of people said exactly the same when homosexuality was decriminalised.

Also, 'such behaviour' lol.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Agree.

But then I'm not in favour of segregated spaces because people "feel" intimidated.

Mixed sex changing rooms, toilets (and medical wards) work in loads of parts of the world. All this bullshit is down to our fuddy-duddy binary-world-view Christian hangover. Other, supposedly "less civilized" countries give zero fucks about this sort of stuff.

DaGaffer

I'm fairly sure lots of people said exactly the same when homosexuality was decriminalised.

Also, 'such behaviour' lol.

Homosexuality is a thing you are. Deciding to self-select your gender is literally the opposite of that. It’s a construct designed to make you feel better about yourself, and while the law should avoid discrimination against such choices, that doesn’t mean the law should afford such choices special protection. I don’t give a shit if people want put on a dress and taking hormone pills by the truckload, but I also a. Don’t want to pay for it, and b. Don’t want to create legal loopholes for the unscrupulous to exploit. And just to be clear, I’m not talking about actual trans people in women’s (or men’s) changing rooms, I’m talking about predatory men using the legal system to do so (and don’t say they wouldn’t do it if the legal system let them, there are loads or arseholes out there who would be only too willing). Unintended consequences. If its a straight fight between the needs of 50% of the population and 1%, I’m going to go with the 50%.

And “such behavior” was referring to your example of someone abusing the system, not the behavior of choosing to be trans in general.

NB. I’d also put very strict limits on people being allowed to transition before they are legally an adult. If we can stop under 18s fighting wars we can stop them mutilating themselves before they’ve finished puberty.

Access Denied

It was like that when I got here...
I fully support the right for people to identify as whatever gender they feel they are. However there are real concerns among women that the safe spaces they have could be jeopardized by predatory males using any self-determination law to commit crimes. Obviously you'll get the bigots who just don't like trans women but the vast majority are simply worried about their safety. A trans-woman should have every right to use a women's bathroom, for example but I don't think that should be allowed to happen without their trans status being signed off on by a doctor or psychatrist.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
there are real concerns among women that the safe spaces they have could be jeopardized by predatory males using any self-determination law to commit crimes. Obviously you'll get the bigots who just don't like trans women but the vast majority are simply worried about their safety..
Massively overblown concerns.

Access Denied

It was like that when I got here...

CorNokZ

Currently a stay at home dad
I'm a girl born in a boy's body, but i am also a crossdresser so I dress like a man. On top of that I am a raging homosexual, so girls, if you want a sensual and very confusing lay, I'm your guy! Or girl.. I can't figure it out either..

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
I think your post explains why @BloodOmen.

Take another look at what you posted. If you can't see it I can't help ya.

Gwadien

Care to explain why? Women have enough to worry about regarding their safety, without the opposite sex being given essentially free access to their safe spaces. Most rapes and sexual assaults go unreported because the victims are afraid and those who do report it are often blamed for it because of the way they acted or because of the clothes they were wearing.

Again, how many cases are there of assaults in 'safe spaces'?

It's just this decades moral panic.

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
As usual the tiresome use of crime figures to argue how dangerous something is.

Heres a clue..people are not inanimate objects, they react to howthreatened they feel...you could have axe murderers running the streets and crime would fall...because, no shit.
Everyone would hide inside and barricade their doors.

Gwadien

So you're saying that axe murderers are the same level of threat as trans people?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom