The wait, dear lord the wait is killing me

Aada

Part of the furniture
Tbh the waves are completely random.

Had a friend who preordered Friday and entered his code Friday.. he got in on the first wave, so yep it's random.

Fafnir

Resident Freddy
Tbh the waves are completely random.

Had a friend who preordered Friday and entered his code Friday.. he got in on the first wave, so yep it's random.
I figured as much, my cousin preordered 3 weeks ago and got in with 3rd wave.

Fafnir

Resident Freddy
For godsake they scare the shit out of me, logged into my account and saw the new page, then i saw redeem a code part was blanked out, then i read it and saw preorder dont need it yet :D

svartalf

Can't get enough of FH
For godsake they scare the shit out of me, logged into my account and saw the new page, then i saw redeem a code part was blanked out, then i read it and saw preorder dont need it yet :D

Lots of people got confused because they didn't read the text there. If you check the swtor twitter, they're pointing people towards customer support because it: http://twitter.com/swtor

Mabs

J Peasemould Gruntfuttock
-apparently- everyone who preordered will be in "by or on friday"

svartalf

Can't get enough of FH

Or maybe it's a botch. I think I'll check with support, just in case.

- English -

Resident Freddy
so let me get this right? everyone who paid for pre order are being put in at different intervals on a random basis? jeez i'd be pissed if i had to wait til friday and some people got in today at noon

Turamber

Part of the furniture
Somebody on the official forums saying they didn't pre-order but have access. I suspect its somebody trolling, but there are a number of people playing who didn't pre-order until sometime after July. The internet rage is high in that thread, very high indeed.

I'll be disappointed if I can't get in tonight, but its not the end of the world. Still have plenty of tax returns to fill my evenings :p

Mabs

so let me get this right? everyone who paid for pre order are being put in at different intervals on a random basis? jeez i'd be pissed if i had to wait til friday and some people got in today at noon

nope
you get in based on how early you preordered

Mabs

Oh are the people who got in out of order in an assigned guild by any chance?

that had a very ambiguous wording about "THE GUILD being ready for the beginning of headstart" so im not sure :/
im expecting to be in on friday, any sooner is a nice bonus, but im not manically refreshing the page , cba :)

rynnor

Rockhound
On the idea of staggered access I wonder does it really help that much - it does spread the players around a bit but you still take a hammering on the login servers when you reach the last day? Also won't the most overloaded zones always be the republic fleet and its sith alternative?

Also if you have the capability to instance zones (which they do) why would they worry about having a few busy zones?

Mabs

On the idea of staggered access I wonder does it really help that much - it does spread the players around a bit but you still take a hammering on the login servers when you reach the last day? Also won't the most overloaded zones always be the republic fleet and its sith alternative?
yes and no
"FIRST DAY" will always be rammed, then people go afk for food, or to wash, or whatever, and it starts to drop off.
Also, who cares if there is a slight delay on the NPCs training you at crafting ? you arent queueing behind 89004549304 people to kill a single named mob for a quest, while lagging around a combat zone :)

rynnor

Rockhound
I'm wondering if its actually the account activation side thats making them stagger things rather than the game servers capacities?

svartalf

Can't get enough of FH
Nope when i look closer it states ive redeemed pre order key. :p
Indeed. Let's put this one to bed.

https://account.swtor.com/user/account said:
Get ready to play!
If you are a pre-order customer, the following steps are NOT required for Early Game Access. However, in order to play Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ at the official launch of the game on December 20, 2011, 12:01AM EST (Pacific: December 19th, 9:01PM; European: December 20th, 05:01AM GMT, 06:01 CET), you must [..] Follow the steps outlined below!

pez

Can't get enough of FH
I registered my pre-order code around 3.30 this afternoon yet I still can't help checking the launcher every hour. Optimistic for an early access order error....

svartalf

Can't get enough of FH
I registered my pre-order code around 3.30 this afternoon yet I still can't help checking the launcher every hour. Optimistic for an early access order error....
Well, you can chill out for a while:
twitter.com/swtor said:
SWTOR The Old Republic
The final wave of emails have been sent. We will be sending another wave tomorrow starting at 8am CST.
25 minutes ago

ECA

I am a FH squatter
Aada I would have thought you'd be used to waiting long periods between relief by now.

Badum tish.

rynnor

Rockhound

I'm guessing Thurs/Fri tbh but who knows :)

Tip

One of Freddy's beloved
Try a Steelseries, Merc Stealth Keyboard too :)

Aada

Part of the furniture
Well when i got access a couple of hours ago all the servers were light except 2 so i think they will start letting more waves in tomorrow.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom