The wait, dear lord the wait is killing me

pez

Can't get enough of FH
Well, my boxed copy just arrived.

Pretty underwhelmed right now.

pez

Can't get enough of FH
Well, its 3 CDs and a single page leaflet.

I input the code from the leaflet in to SWTOR.com but still cannot play.

They may as well have just emailed me a code for 40 quid.

svartalf

Can't get enough of FH
I am still a subscriber to the theory that Actual things > Virtual things. I can see a time when I won't be, though.

Keitanz

Can't get enough of FH
I still don't understand how a boxed copy is more cheaper (by quite a bit too) than a digital edition...

Aada

Part of the furniture
For games like mmo's where the install size is 20gig before the huge content patches come i like a retail boxed copy that way if i ever uninstall the game for whatever reason and come back to it i don't have to download 30gig heh.

Having said that these days publishers are doing away with instruction manuals because they know people just don't read them or only read them when on the shitter.

hit lvl 12 today with my Trooper, got my Naga mouse and wow it's great i still get the urge to just start mashing the keys on the keyboard though? :D

Cadiva

Part of the furniture
Well, its 3 CDs and a single page leaflet.

I input the code from the leaflet in to SWTOR.com but still cannot play.

They may as well have just emailed me a code for 40 quid.

When did you enter your pre-order code, that's the important thing for Early Access not whether you have a boxed retail copy as the game isn't officially released until the 20th.

svartalf

Can't get enough of FH
More launch info.
http://massively.joystiq.com/2011/12/14/bioware-updates-fans-on-staggered-swtor-launch/
massively.com said:
BioWare updates fans on staggered SWTOR launch

by Brianna Royce
writer_rss.gif
on Dec 14th 2011 8:00PM

Sci-fi, Launches, News items, Star Wars: The Old Republic

If you're still not in Star Wars: The Old Republic's early access phase, you're not alone. In fact, BioWare's Stephen Reid took to the forums today to update impatient fans on just how the staggered pre-launch will continue to roll out over the next few days:

Today, we invited people who had pre-ordered up to the very beginning of October (roughly). Tomorrow, we're going to be inviting the same number of people again; that will take us up to the last week or so of November. On Friday, we'll be inviting even more, and we'll give you an update on that tomorrow.

You'll see more servers coming online tomorrow, and almost certainly there will be some queuing. That was always expected. As a reminder, our plan here is to maintain healthy server populations post launch, and during the excitement of launch that will mean queues. That said, we'll be working hard to keep those queues reasonable.
That's good news for those who pre-ordered late and who otherwise might have thought they'd have a much longer wait.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Well i had to wait one day, if i had to wait until friday, fine. People are too impatient, raging over lost seconds and shouting over a day or two. In that order of aggression none the less.

Mabs

J Peasemould Gruntfuttock
i just got in, on a 25 nov preorder so...

Aada

Part of the furniture
Pretty much every server went to heavy about an hour ago.

Cadiva

Part of the furniture
I'm in a 250 ish queue on Luka Sene now so that's not too bad, estimated wait of 15 mins.

pez

Can't get enough of FH
Up to 2nd of December with 1 wave to go.... Game finally sent me my code on the 13th... Do I dare to hope?

Nate

FH is my second home
Got my access just now I put my code in on the 6th Dec :)

Bit better then one day eh Aada? ;)

Nate

FH is my second home
Tired, so maybe I'm not reading this right..

But that's saying that everyone who has a pre-order access code at the moment can from launch right? even without the actual game CD key for 2 days??
Yeah that's what the grace period is all about mate, it's if retailers/etailers haven't sent it before release day.

Sockstuff

Can't get enough of FH
Had to queue for an hour last night which sucks. Planned my evening so I'd get the boy to sleep and then have an hour and a half on this before bed. That pretty much went out the window after the queue and an extending bout of the baby screaming the house down.

On a positive note, I got my copy through from Gameplay today.

Roo Stercogburn

Resident Freddy
The queue was about 750 when I started queing over an hour ago. Its only at 156 atm but I knew it was going to be like this and timed it so that I can play when I'm done cooking dinner and taking care of chores etc.

One of the highlights for me is definately bumping into so many old school DAoCers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom