The Reasons why

A

acei

Originally posted by elewyth
Superior numbers eh? hmm yep yep albs use tactics alright, just proved my point that the only way albs can get relics is to use sheer numbers, lots of skill in that aint there?
Let me get this straight you want Herbal to say to a zerg. "Sorry we only want 200 people to attend this raid as mids don't like us outnumbering them" get real, it's not our fault that we outnumber you. Also with Midgard's dishonest tactic's at obtaining the relics you should be grateful that we don't just alarm clock raid you like you did to us. But we have honour... this is not about respecting mids.. this raid will be about embarressing you. A straight zerg across Midgard. I see no reason why ANY mid would complain.

H

herjulf

Originally posted by Herbal Remedy
Its did happen to us at 7 am we came back for em primetime:p
Btw xajorkith im comming for relics as you suggested no login no ninjas on 3rd door be happy you got your way just pls dont whine we get em back using superior numbers

thats the problem... we didnt have 10fg mids moving through HW.

Not even 6fg.

We had 3-4 fg´s going for keeps.

And there were albs eyeballing the logoutpoint, on login.
there was 40 ppl in relic keep when they logged in.

this has been he case the last 3 raids i saw.

same thing as i am one of the ones scouting i shit u not.

I tell you this when i know we can have a fair fighting chance at taking the relics, like we have tried countless times with the same result every time. always atleast 3fg in relic keep when we log in.
After all it isnt tactics it is spying that have let u gits keep your relics for as long as u have.
Not any form of tactic or dedication, lowlife damp children spying.

And to those claiming the Albs only have a 10% advantage population wise.
Get real ffs.

The sheer numbers of albs in emain should be enough for you to friggin shut up and crawl back under your rock.
There are 10 infils to 1 shadowblade.
10 fg´s to 3 mid and 2 hib.

These are facts.

I dont care what you say this and that statistic page shows.
we all know it except you ppl who are in denial.

Personally i am not for morning raids nor am i for logout raids.

But i am glad relics are in the hand of a realm that actually need em.

A

acei

After all it isnt tactics it is spying that have let u gits keep your relics for as long as u have.
There are VERY often alb stealthers camping mmg in HW, if they see a unusual amount of enemies coming through they will report... if they are not sighted attacking a keep or they just disappear from the entire frontier then don't you think that makes us suspicious? Our stealthers could have observed one of your fg's logging out and gave that information to the alliances in albion.

It's possible none of your RR's were spoiled by cross-teaming and were instead destroyed by infil/scout/minstrel's observing you.

X

xajorkith

I write this:

Originally posted by xajorkith
Midgard has done poor raids I HAVE NEVER ONCE DISPUTED this, yet every post I write some Muppet says "well you did it in Feb 1879", so fucking what, get off the band wagon and better yourselves for Christ sake!

Guess who didn’t read it:

Originally posted by a Muppet
Not arguing about the merits of a logout raid, I am merely pointing out that amount of Mids that don't seem to understand that they too used logouts in raids is huge.

You know, I see much bitching from Middies about logout raids, but none of you ever come up with a reason why it's good enough for you to do, but not for any other realms.? Mids created logout raids, and for many months your successes were mostly through logouts or alarm clock clocks.

Hypocrite.
All the evidence reputed every single fact you Mids brought forward. Pics by Ardarmels showing his tactics, similar to Albs...
Still you lot kept bitching about numbers...
You lot do a log out raid against Hibs (lead by Ardarmels) also... but again it is different.
Just admit Midgard is a realm of spineless cowards.
And the leader of this alarm clock raid is a noob.
[/B]

I completely disagree with log out raids all three realms have used them, I hope when the new Frontiers comes out Mythic prevents people logging out in an enemy frontier.

I wish we also had PlanetSide style population balancing too, but nonetheless.

Midgard should never ever use logout raids against Hib, Mid has superior numbers so shouldn’t need to, for the same reason Alb shouldn’t do it against mid.

Ninja raids are fair game imho.

Anyway why we arguing? Herbal with his uber Zerg is going to show Excalibur how a raid should be done.

X

xajorkith

Two quick questions for my Albion friends:

1) Albion has a 4 to 3 numbers advantage over Midgard ([Edit] and three stealth classes). Mythic dumped the Power Relic Keeps in remote places to help the under populated Hibs. What advantage has Mythic given Midgard to use over Albion when Midgard attempts a prime time raid against the strength relic held in Albion?

2) Which realm is the most disadvantaged when taking their “preferred” relic from an enemy?

They are simple questions, come on Albies answer them!

(I'm obviously specifically talking about our Excalibur server.)

How come no alb has answered these? I posted fours ago and no answers :(, they are fair questions.

O

old.Nol

That's Mr A Muppet to you pal.

And if you care to read properly your post was answered. You may completly disagree with them, but you used them on your enemies, who in turn used them on you.

S

sorusi

cry more 24/7 game. anyway relics should just be deleted so this fucking whine could stop

E

etcetra

Originally posted by telaron
Rofl. Wonder how strong you would've defended 7 am. But yes u defended strongly. Fellowship alliance made several large scale keep raids to provoke response and we got it. Several 100's of mids responded. Underpopulated my ass.

Fact stands, you're a disgrace to your guild and realm.

Aye im sure the guild hates Ladonna now, so should the rest of Midgard.
After all, we are hitting 20% harder now ;)

A

acei

How come no alb has answered these? I posted fours ago and no answers :(, they are fair questions.
I answered question 1 earlier.

G

Gordonax

Belomar & Synsk were caught at 1 am at Mjoliner, also 1-2fg GoL were caught logging off late.

Midgard moved runies and sm to Excal, but what else could Mid do? You had cowardly logged off, we didn’t have spies to tell us when you would return.
The Albion zerg logged in 19 hours after Belomar was last seen, people will not stop playing for that long, they took their main and went Emain, Malmohus etc.
Should Midgard have put all their mains in Mjoliner and wait 48 hours (Albion filtered players through Odin's over 2 days) for Albion to log back in, of course not, it’s a game and people need to play it.

[edit]
Oh and Mid knew all too well that Alb could organise a raid, the previous Alb raid was a Ninja log off raid too.

What would you have done if it happened to you?

You know that a raid is coming, you do two things: you pack the relic keep with alts, as many as possible, ready to get them logged in. You don't have to use your mains - a lot of people have level 50 alts, and as long as you're ready to log in at a moment's notice you can carry on playing. Everyone has alts: it's not going to kill you to play them for 48 hours.

Secondly, you patrol your frontier constantly, paying special attention to milegates. If there's a log in raid coming, the first things that your enemy will do are try and control the relevant milegate, and block the road from your main border keep to the relic keep. You have to ensure that these parts of his plan don't work. If you control the routes that the relic will take, you'll get the relic back even if they actually manage to seize it.

All it requires to defend against a log in raid when you know it's coming is a bit of thought. As Ardamels said of out last raid, "1 FG can waylay such a plan but we did not, cuz we were not prepared but we should've been".

The fact is that you had got complacent about defending your frontier, assumed we couldn't organise a successful raid, and got caught with your pants down. You made excuses then, and you're making excuses now.

G

Gordonax

Originally posted by vesta
Who the hell are you to judge a whole guild, realm but most of all the ppl playing mid?

if 200 mids attended at raid what the fuck about the rest of us that didnt?

I don't see many Mids condemning the raid. When we had no relics, some Albs were posting in the forums here that they were going to alarmclock raid Mid, and a lot of us basically told them to shut the fuck up, and that if they did we wouldn't defend them from the Mids. EVERY major guild, and every major alliance in Alb (and, I think Hib) feels pretty much the same.

TO be honest, I'm disappointed that no Mid appears to want to stand up and say "alarm clock raids suck".

X

xajorkith

Originally posted by Gordonax
You know that a raid is coming, you do two things: you pack the relic keep with alts, as many as possible, ready to get them logged in. You don't have to use your mains - a lot of people have level 50 alts, and as long as you're ready to log in at a moment's notice you can carry on playing. Everyone has alts: it's not going to kill you to play them for 48 hours.

Fair enough, perhaps Mid didn't shove enough alts in Mjoliner.

Secondly, you patrol your frontier constantly, paying special attention to milegates. If there's a log in raid coming, the first things that your enemy will do are try and control the relevant milegate, and block the road from your main border keep to the relic keep. You have to ensure that these parts of his plan don't work. If you control the routes that the relic will take, you'll get the relic back even if they actually manage to seize it.

You can't do this, remember for 19-48 hours there are no or at least very few Albs coming through the MileGates, it's a game, no one in there right mind will patrol the Milegates with nothing coming through them.

If the shoe was on the other foot how long would it take for you to get bored doing this patrolling Gordonax?

G

Gordonax

You can't do this, remember for 19-48 hours there are no or at least very few Albs coming through the MileGates, it's a game, no one in there right mind will patrol the Milegates with nothing coming through them.

If the shoe was on the other foot how long would it take for you to get bored doing this patrolling Gordonax?

Two days out of emain isn't going to kill you :D You don't even need a lot of people: the aim is to get early warnings, then own the milegates and other routes. Even single characters can patrol on their own, if they're speed-classes like skalds, mincers or bards. However, you intensify the patrols at the most likely times: 8pm to 10pm GMT, on the two two days after you've spotted log outs. Don't forget that patience works the other way too: the attackers have to have two days where they can't touch their main character, because it's logged in your frontier.

You forget that the shoe has been on the other foot. We've spent quite a bit of time thinking about how to defend the relics, and Alb has got a lot better at it.

Ironically, the last time you came into our frontier in numbers, I thought we reacted a little slowly: had you waited a bit longer, and worn us down by doing some more large scale keep raids, I suspect you'd have easily got the relics back in primetime.

X

xajorkith

Originally posted by Gordonax
TO be honest, I'm disappointed that no Mid appears to want to stand up and say "alarm clock raids suck".

Every mid does think Alarm Clock Raids suck, don't think otherwise, I most certainly do, but if you're pushed into a corner the tactic will be used.

Of the six relics, Midgard taking Albion strength relic, is without doubt the most difficult of all relics to take. Albion’s superior numbers and the position of Excalibur make it almost impossible for Mid to take.

Albs come on, think how hard it is to for you guys with superior numbers to take Strength Relic from Midgard without using Log out tactics or doing an alarm clock raid.

What can Mid do to compete against Albion numbers?

F

- Fedaykin -

Two quick questions for my Albion friends:

1) Albion has a 4 to 3 numbers advantage over Midgard ([Edit] and three stealth classes). Mythic dumped the Power Relic Keeps in remote places to help the under populated Hibs. What advantage has Mythic given Midgard to use over Albion when Midgard attempts a prime time raid against the strength relic held in Albion?

2) Which realm is the most disadvantaged when taking their “preferred” relic from an enemy?

They are simple questions, come on Albies answer them!

(I'm obviously specifically talking about our Excalibur server.)

1. Better classes?

2. Obviously Albion because everytime we try the servers crash, whearas when you try they don't

next please

X

xajorkith

Originally posted by - Fedaykin -
1. Better classes?

2. Obviously Albion because everytime we try the servers crash, whearas when you try they don't

next please

I know it was tongue in cheek, but you’re wrong on both accounts.

1. You have three stealth classes, most of midgards classes are melee based, and unfortunately Magic is the way to go for keep takes.

2. The server crashed during Ardamels Hib raid when he just about got his mucky paws on the Hibernian Power Relic this was a Prime Time raid ofc.

By the poor replies, it just goes to prove Mid has it hard and Alb easy.

F

- Fedaykin -

Every mid does think Alarm Clock Raids suck, don't think otherwise, I most certainly do, but if you're pushed into a corner the tactic will be used.

Of the six relics, Midgard taking Albion strength relic, is without doubt the most difficult of all relics to take. Albion’s superior numbers and the position of Excalibur make it almost impossible for Mid to take.

Albs come on, think how hard it is to for you guys with superior numbers to take Strength Relic from Midgard without using Log out tactics, alarm clock raid.

What can Mid do to compete against Albion?

Mjolliner is just as easy to defend. You forget this.

we have 1200 level 50's you have 1000. Savages can do very little at relic keeps whereas the multitude of alb casters (which gimps us for 8v8 allows us to zerg more easily)

You could probably attack us if u tried but say if you had 20 full groups you would need 60 healers, 60 savages 20 skalds and 20 shamans because nearly all of u are fotm group runners and won't set off without this perfect set up.

I saw lots of level 40's and even few in the thirties coming from avalon city and barrows etc to help albs take the keep.

---

Also hibernia have much less 50's than you and you still failed to defend against them, yeah yeah we know your power relic is hard to defend. But remember you had a gigantic zerg at mmg which could and would have stopped them, you were just dumb-fucks and let them excape from Dodens Gruva

A

Aussie-

so my bleu pet completly owns you , you run to mtk with 20%ish hp left and i'm pathetic , k

F

- Fedaykin -

1. You have three stealth classes, most of midgards classes are melee based, and unfortunately Magic is the way to go for keep takes.

as i said below before u posted this, not our fault u run savage groups

2. The server crashed during Ardamels Hib raid when he just about got his mucky paws on the Hibernian Power Relic this was a Prime Time raid ofc.

very true forgot about this, but by showing this you prove that mids are willing to zerg a less populated realm just as albs zerg mids.

and apparantly you had 250 mids in Mjolliner and was only a few more albs in odins by most reports

lol not gonna waste my breath on this

E

etcetra

btw, Alarm Clock raids sucks..
But we got 3 relics, wooho! :x

A

Antedeluvian

By your poor arguments, it just proves you are a pesky coward who dont have the balls to try a raid versus an on-line oponent.
Easy mode and easy raids, looks like an habit.

E

etcetra

Originally posted by Aussie-
so my bleu pet completly owns you , you run to mtk with 20%ish hp left and i'm pathetic , k

Well, you should know that you dont stop to fight a pet? Thats pathetic, and no i wasnt on 20% ? :x Then you could easily have killed me, and PM'ing on BW later like "laughing", because i didnt wanna fight a pet and return to mtk?

Tbh sending a pet and run is more pathetic, you cant loose - but have a slight chance to win.

Anyway, im rambling..:|

G

Gordonax

That's the point: there was no reason for you to do it. You can take the relics primetime - you've done it before and, when this madness is over, you'll do it again. You simply need a good plan, co-operation between guilds, and a little bit of luck.

But it takes time, and it's not easy.

Albs come on, think how hard it is to for you guys with superior numbers to take Strength Relic from Midgard without using Log out tactics or doing an alarm clock raid.

What can Mid do to compete against Albion numbers?

As I've said before, the way to do it is to hit the relic keep fast, to own the routes that your enemy will take trying to defend it, and to have a clear route back for the relic once you've seized it.

You also need to ensure that your enemy is slow to respond, by softening them up in the preceeding weeks: do large scale keep raids as often as you can, to get them thinking that all you're doing is another RP farming session. Even if it only buys you an extra five minutes, that can be the difference between success and failure.

Really, this stuff isn't rocket science. It just takes some thinking about.

X

xajorkith

Originally posted by - Fedaykin -
I as i said below before u posted this, not our fault u run savage groups

There are not that many savages on Excal\Mid my friend, and Midgard is the Melee realm after all. White Rose has hardly any savages at all and we are large guild.

The savage FoTM thing is an predominantly an Alb Myth, all tied into the Mid Uber leet Emain gank guilds and there are not that many of them, but don't turn this into an Alb nerf Savage thread.

Come on stick to facts matey :D

B

bracken_woodman

Originally posted by etcetra
After all, we are hitting 20% harder now ;)

Short-term gain for a long-term loss. Not very bright really.

E

etcetra

Btw

[00:21:16] <[WR]Ladonna> Emain ? from what horse merchant do i get to get there ?

G

Gordonax

There are not that many savages on Excal\Mid my friend, and Midgard is the Melee realm after all. White Rose has hardly any savages at all and we are large guild.

Not so sure about that. Obviously, daoc-stats is a bit out of date thanks to Goa being unable to work out what XML is, but according to it savages are the fifth most popular class in Mid/Excal, after shaman, SB, healer and (bizarrely) BDs. They're the most popular tank class, easily.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom