The Reasons why

X

xajorkith

Originally posted by Gordonax
Not so sure about that. Obviously, daoc-stats is a bit out of date thanks to Goa being unable to work out what XML is, but according to it savages are the fifth most popular class in Mid/Excal, after shaman, SB, healer and (bizarrely) BDs. They're the most popular tank class, easily.

You've ranked it by all, rank it by 50's matey :) most are BG toons.

Also to prove that most are in mid l33t mid groups:
http://daoc-stats.com/top50chars.ph...&race=all&sort=RP&realm=Midgard&realmrank=all

White Rose has no Savage in the top 50 Savage list and WR is the 3rd largest guild on Mid.

T

telaron

Originally posted by xajorkith
Fair enough, perhaps Mid didn't shove enough alts in Mjoliner.
You can't do this, remember for 19-48 hours there are no or at least very few Albs coming through the MileGates, it's a game, no one in there right mind will patrol the Milegates with nothing coming through them.

If the shoe was on the other foot how long would it take for you to get bored doing this patrolling Gordonax?

Since we got relics I've had my wizards logged in excalibur 75% of the time, most of the remaining time either beno or renaris.
2 times the alliance my guilds belongs reported mids logging in our frontier. Both times I spent hours as infitrator in our frontier.

Afterall, having a couple of stealthers scouting frontiers for a few hours each does seem abit less weird then setting an alarmclock at 7 am to go pick up relics.

E

etcetra

Everyone can say "your facts sux" - or something like that, even thoug they dont.

Claim why they suck, and proove the the facts your putting on the table actually is facts.

So get your facts straight now, and proove it.
Goes to all realms.

:|

G

Gordonax

You've ranked it by all, rank it by 50's matey :) most are BG toons.

Also to prove that most are in mid l33t mid groups:
http://daoc-stats.com/top50chars.ph...&race=all&sort=RP&realm=Midgard&realmrank=all

White Rose has no Savage in the top 50 Savage list and WR is the 3rd largest guild on Mid.

From that, you're right. I'd still like to filter it by level 50 AND active, which I suspect would tell a different story, but until Goa gets it's act together that's impossible (and no point doing it for other servers, as they may be totally different).

H

herjulf

Originally posted by acei
There are VERY often alb stealthers camping mmg in HW, if they see a unusual amount of enemies coming through they will report... if they are not sighted attacking a keep or they just disappear from the entire frontier then don't you think that makes us suspicious? Our stealthers could have observed one of your fg's logging out and gave that information to the alliances in albion.

It's possible none of your RR's were spoiled by cross-teaming and were instead destroyed by infil/scout/minstrel's observing you.

what u FAIL to understand is that the force in HW move out AFTER we attack the relic keep.

Not in advance, that is the general idea.

J

Jergiot

Originally posted by Herbal Remedy
240 mids online at 8 pm on a sunday with server pop near 3000

looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooollllllllllllllllllllll

talk more bollocks pls mate

well herbz, u know what they say:

excusess are like assholes, every1 got one and they all stink....

F

- Fedaykin -

There are not that many savages on Excal\Mid my friend, and Midgard is the Melee realm after all. White Rose has hardly any savages at all and we are large guild.

The savage FoTM thing is an predominantly an Alb Myth, all tied into the Mid Uber leet Emain gank guilds and there are not that many of them, but don't turn this into an Alb nerf Savage thread.

Come on stick to facts matey :D

So i just imagine being quadhittedwtfpwnedomgihavemoreskillsthanj00!??!

all the time :x

A

acei

Originally posted by herjulf
what u FAIL to understand is that the force in HW move out AFTER we attack the relic keep.

Not in advance, that is the general idea.
I meant the stealthers see you WHILE you're moving into position and logging out, not your main attacking force when the RR starts... If ANY alb see's 1 or 2 mids log out in alb territory it's reported immediately then it gets spread around to all the major alliances and usually a relic defense is setup. EVERYONE has to pass through HW including the people logging out so the stealthers have a VERY good chance of spotting you as you're limited in which directions you can go in alb frontiers because of such high levels of mob agro.

H

Hotandsandy

Yet another excuse - how many are we up to now?

X

xajorkith

Originally posted by acei
I meant the stealthers see you WHILE you're moving into position and logging out, not your main attacking force when the RR starts... If ANY alb see's 1 or 2 mids log out in alb territory it's reported immediately then it gets spread around to all the major alliances and usually a relic defense is setup. EVERYONE has to pass through HW including the people logging out so the stealthers have a VERY good chance of spotting you as you're limited in which directions you can go in alb frontiers because of such high levels of mob agro.

Stealthers are cleared by 1fg and 1 Hunter with TS.

And what herjulf was getting across was Alb stuck 6fg at HW BEFORE the mids even ported to alb.
Alb x-realming cheaters were discussing the raid on irc BEFORE Mids had moved.
Even on the Alarm Clock raid the raid was discussed by InviteMe on irc.....
Yes we all know stealthers can blow a Relic Raid, but the Relic Raid has to have actually started for it to be blown legally.

Sit on irc in #CelticFist and see how much x-realming chat goes on......

G

Glottis_Xanadu

Does this guy even have a brain?

X-realming would count even more for Albion.
They have the largest population, and so should have the largest number of spies.
Hard to get into your brain, now is it?
Regards, Glottis

PS. At 1 pm this afternoon there where more Mids trying to retake Bled than Albs defending. Who zergs?

Of course, those lame Hibs are also trying to be elite rp whores by killing incoming Alb support at the AMG. Seems they prefer Mids with 20% melee bonus than Albs... idiots.

R

Runolaz

Most of the forces that have been logged in Albion was moved at a time there is little chance any Albion stealther are in HW. Unless there are any action in HW the place is more than not deserted in off PT-hours. You migth ask yourself how is it possible to move 250+ Albs arround Mjølnir and not get detected, when Odins have lots more activity than HW. I find it really strange that when we did the last PT-Raid there was 4-5FG at the Relic when I logged in and pll running all about in FS. After so much planning that was put down into that raid, we was to say the least - very dissapointed.

The point is that both our raids have been informed on irc before the raid even started, be it PT or AC-RR it still sux. You can talk about pll here and there, but we all know it BS, cuz someone told was going on. This was also mentioned in a post by Ladonna on the LFoM leaderbord, as one of many factors we will stand little chance on a RR when there are 2000+ on the server. One thing is seeing Mids moving through mmg in HW another thing is logging in and out near our gatheringspot. All odds incl. server/zone crash + huge Albion numbers and infromation on irc does not speak in favour of a Mid PT-RR when PT is defined as 2000+ on the server.

I do not advocat for AC-raid as the general norm for doing RR. I do belive that a RR could be done with 1000-1500+ on server and still be defined as a PT-RR. Besides that I think it was important for Midgard that another leader took charge and got everyone involved. Call it lame what ever you want I still support Ladonna for doing this RR, and next time he planns a RR it will be at a different hour I belive. Having said that - making agrements in a 24/7 game rather stupid, and to pe frank I never belive it will come to ping pong, unless ping ping is every month or so - and that imo is a good thing.

F

Flimgoblin

Originally posted by Grandpeck
I think a lot of us agree with early rr being lame but we dont control every single player in the realm just cus we play there.

indeed... but you can spit at them as they walk past, rather than cheering them on ;)

M

mehuge

Originally posted by filofax
Just a question tho, wouldnt you rather have the massive battles instead? Where everyone from lvl 35+ could be a part of the game and experience large sieges and battles? How can relics be so important to you that you rather go up at 7 am and fight NPC's then actually slicing and dicing albs up with a bunch of friends and allies?
We like relics +20% str bonus, as do albs.

Big battles are fine, but after numerous failed attempts against both hib - where the problem was the servers crashing due to hib tactic of dump everyone in the done to lag/crash the zone (and the albs chose to take their relics whilst hibs could not even log back on), and alb where the problem is overwhelming population and crossrealm tip-offs which has happened on at least 2 recent attempts, one which was called off even before we even started because albs already knew. It becomes painfully obvious after a time that primetime raid is simply not possible against alb. Then the big battles become boring as they are pointless.

Albs are happy to do primetime raids because albs have a bloody good chance of succeeding given their numbers.

No way hib or mid can succeed in a primetime raid against alb with the current alb population.

G

Garnet

lots of crying in here.. ;) QQ QQ QQ QQ QQ QQ QQ QQ QQ QQ QQ QQ QQ QQ QQ QQ QQ

O

old.Nol

Originally posted by mehuge
Big battles are fine, but after numerous failed attempts against both hib - where the problem was the servers crashing due to hib tactic of dump everyone in the done to lag/crash the zone

Oh fuck me, ofcourse Hibs should have just waited by while mids took the relic, sheesh, stupid us.

FYI there were barely 150 hibs but there were 250 Mids, so if anyone crashed the zone it was you.

M

mehuge

Originally posted by old.Nol
Oh fuck me, ofcourse Hibs should have just waited by while mids took the relic, sheesh, stupid us.

FYI there were barely 150 hibs but there were 250 Mids, so if anyone crashed the zone it was you.
Chill, I never said it wasnt a valid tactic :p The point was the raids failed because the servers could not handle it.

S

sh33py

The reasons why you're full of shit-

If hibs can do successful PT raids with them being the lowest population on the server there's absolutely no reason mids can't, it's just complete and utter lazyness that's all.

Yes it's a 24/7 game but you really want a game where all raids are done at varying times throughout the night when noone is on? You got the relics back at 7am so Albs raid the next day at 6am and take it back, etc. etc. Just because the game allows it doesn't mean that you have to exploit the hell out of the system for your own selfish goals without seeing the bigger picture.

The point of the relics are to unite the realm with a common goal and create large scale battles between the realms, do you really think alarm clock raids go in the spirit of this?

K

Kagato.

Its not a new way of balancing classes, Mythic have been using such cheap and easy tricks to balance classes for ages, there whole attempt to bring heavy tanks back into line revolved around cheap ra's, and look where that got us, nothing now but Det tank groups.
Now players wont accept RA adjustments as a means of fixing classes so they look for something new, and so we get the daft master levels system.

M

mehuge

Originally posted by sh33py
If hibs can do successful PT raids with them being the lowest population on the server there's absolutely no reason mids can't, it's just complete and utter lazyness that's all.
I doubt very much the hibs could do a primetime raid on alb for the str relics and probably not even from the mids.

Power relics are easy to take compared the the str relics for everywhere except hib. Hence hibs have power relics.

F

- Fedaykin -

Re: haha

Originally posted by Danord_durin
The biggest point u all seem to miss more or less is the fact its just a game.... And ladonna has a nice point its a war game, u never seen sneak attacks in irl war ???????

Come on u all act like kids, sometimes u loose sometimes u win, cant be happy allways same in irl.

And cross realmers sux bad:!!!

omg cross realmers!!1! its a war game!11! there are cross realmers IRL!!!!111shiftoneoneoneone

D

Danord_durin

:(

Dunno why i even bothered to post here, its below any normal standard........

H

Herbal Remedy

Originally posted by mehuge
We like relics +20% str bonus, as do albs.

Big battles are fine, but after numerous failed attempts against both hib - where the problem was the servers crashing due to hib tactic of dump everyone in the done to lag/crash the zone (and the albs chose to take their relics whilst hibs could not even log back on), and alb where the problem is overwhelming population and crossrealm tip-offs which has happened on at least 2 recent attempts, one which was called off even before we even started because albs already knew. It becomes painfully obvious after a time that primetime raid is simply not possible against alb. Then the big battles become boring as they are pointless.

Albs are happy to do primetime raids because albs have a bloody good chance of succeeding given their numbers.

No way hib or mid can succeed in a primetime raid against alb with the current alb population.
flip_nbc.jpg

O

old.FIN

LMAO

i dont blame you for doing an early morning RR when the alb force can be five times as big as your attacking force, fucking insane

yeah, and if u got even little tactics on pocket u might know the solutions on that 1...

why can 2 fgp mids/hibs can kill EASILY 15 fgp at road to excal, because albs doing the same mistakes over and over...

mids primetime raid with some balls and success is.....

NP running near road with 2 fgp.......they can easily kill 6-7 fgp albs in short time, they have done it allrdy several times...2 fgp backupping those 2fgp NP.....10 fgp mids at relic keep with skilled leading......15 mins all relics r lost/gained to mids, it aint so hard.......................

O

old.FIN

LMAO

i dont blame you for doing an early morning RR when the alb force can be five times as big as your attacking force, fucking insane

yeah, and if u got even little tactics on pocket u might know the solutions on that 1...

why can 2 fgp mids/hibs can kill EASILY 15 fgp at road to excal, because albs doing the same mistakes over and over...

NP running near road with 2 fgp.......they can easily kill 6-7 fgp albs in short time, they have done it allrdy several times...2 fgp backupping those 2fgp NP.....10 fgp mids at relic keep with skilled leading......15 mins all relics r lost/gained to mids, it aint so hard.......................

O

old.FIN

LMAO

O

old.Nol

Too much effort to have 2-3 raids to get all the relics imo, like someone said earlier, it was plain laziness.

A

Amadon

Re: :(

Originally posted by Danord_durin
Dunno why i even bothered to post here, its below any normal standard........
none of the points you attempted to make were valid either, so I have to agree, why did you post here?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom