The Reasons why

G

Garbannoch Nox

Originally posted by Runolaz
You go do a primetime RR on Excalibur and tell me how it whent. Albion would easily overwelm you with 3-1. All this is BS and so easy 4 you to say when you benfit on it. It is in Hibs best interest that Migard and Albion figth for the Str-relics and if they do manage to get some pwr-relics you know its not gonna get that though getting it back, when either Midgard or Albion also have to defend the Strrelic. Actually you could w8 for one us to do a rr, then gather up and take a relic back home, cuz you KNOW that when the shit hits the fan both Midgard and Albion will protect the Str-relics over the pwr.

that would be fun actually; alb:mid is about the same ratio as mid:hib. You obviously have no idea what 10 animists can do to a relic raid nor the 50+ high RR pb casters that hib has.

Numbers is a problem - everyone knows that and albs benefit from it but mid has a much bigger problem: you don't have any mage chars and in the very rare case you got one it is probably RR1, lacks necessary RAs and runs around in epic...

as for the relic situation: noone denies that hibs profit from both albs and mids preferring str ones - that's not our fault though: mid and alb has better melee groups while hibs have better mage groups... I say it again: if you hadnt done that alarm clock raid albs would have gone for power relics next (as often said by herbal and lac); in case of a successful raid (which is probable if the organise it well) they would have to defend str+pwr relics and this would be an interesting situation since no realm can defend all relics for an infinite time.

X

xianghua

Originally posted by raithian
7 am saturday 140 mids in fs and 90 albs online

8 pm a few weeks ago 540 albs attacking keeps and relic in mid and a total of 240 mids online

now when albs did there rr on us thay had a 2-1 in there faver on numbers( that was just on the dam raid + more in alb)
when ladonna did his raid mids outnumbered albs 1.5-1.

no realm can match alb excal for numbers over 50% of server is alb.
albs can get 500+ for an rr at prime time there is nothing any realm can do to defend v numbers like that now regardless of what myself or others think of such raids the facts remain ytou can not zerg the zerging realm with numbers you dont have for a prime time raid now if albs dont like the fact that mids give a shit and wanted them back at all cost thats there problem untill goa/mythic decide to set caps per realm of say 1100 acc maxmids will endever to use the most feared quality and thats dedication to there realm if its the only way we can get relics back then i say go for it

The man got the point lets see how long it takes till albs will get it ....ow i forgot most albs are retarded little morons that can´t do anything else then crying 24/7 ..so hmm never xD

~Excalibur~
<Jack Herer>
Seltir lvl 50 Healer 6Lx
Hatchetdwarf lvl 50 Skald 6Lx

~Prydwen~
GM of Conquest
Xianghua lvl 50 Heroine 7Lx
Nookah lvl 50 Chanter 3Lx

B

Belomar

Hmm, how hard is it to interpret the numbers that have been stated over and over? Albs do not have 50% of the server population. So that argument doesn't hold either, I am afraid.

P

phule_gubben

we'll just have to wait and see when the xml files are up and working again before we make any statements on serverpopulation.

C

chunky

A couple things i would like to point out from what i have read so far.

1: If Mids are lame coss the only reason we have taken the 3 str relics is for the 20% extra damage and not for the honour of having them the why dont the Albs have there power relic and why dont the Hibs have the str relic? (atleast we have tryed for both types on numerous ocasions)

2: I do agree that 7am GMT is a little early for a RR. personally i feal all RR attempts should be after 9am and B4 9pm GMT.

BUT having said this if Alarmclock raids bring as much excitment and tension back into the game that we have seen in the last couple days then im all for it.

just a thought ;)

Chunk...

A

acei

Originally posted by chunky
BUT having said this if Alarmclock raids bring as much excitment and tension back into the game that we have seen in the last couple days then im all for it.
No! The only reason for the excitement being put into this situation is because albion has not sunk to Midgard's low level.

N

nicci

Originally posted by chunky

just a thought ;)

Chunk...

Would you have said the same thing if you would have woken up this morning only to find out the strength relics were back at excal? No big fights or anything, just a lame effortless early-morning raid.... I wonder if you would have found that exciting :)

C

chunky

Originally posted by nicci
Would you have said the same thing if you would have woken up this morning only to find out the strength relics were back at excal? No big fights or anything, just a lame effortless early-morning raid.... I wonder if you would have found that exciting :)

TBH yes. last time the Albs took the relics from us i remember having atleast a weeks worth of full scale battles in Alb land and thoroughly enjoyed it... 1 realm taking another realms relics always leeds to Epic fights for a good few days after, no matter how the relics where originaly captured.

But then if you had read my post properly u will also have notted that i feal RR's should happen after 9am. Personaly i was just happy to get some action back into the game as its been getting a little stale for me of late :)

Chunk...

N

nott

10 pages! haha

Albs and Mids hateing eachother even more, perfect.
Somebody please take the treehuggers relics offhour to, we need more hate!

R

Runolaz

Originally posted by Garbannoch Nox
that would be fun actually; alb:mid is about the same ratio as mid:hib. You obviously have no idea what 10 animists can do to a relic raid nor the 50+ high RR pb casters that hib has.

Yes, perfecly know, but still Hib's do not have the number to both attack Keeps and Relic at the same time. You can sneak in and snatch when another realm is doing a RR or when one realm holde 5 Relics like we did. However going against Excalibur PT with 3 Relics is a hole different matter, you simply do not stand a chance in hell. Even suggestin that you can is silly.

Numbers is a problem - everyone knows that and albs benefit from it but mid has a much bigger problem: you don't have any mage chars and in the very rare case you got one it is probably RR1, lacks necessary RAs and runs around in epic...

I can assure that there are enough RM's and SM's arround in Midgard. They migth not be as high in RR as your Enchanters, but I would take a RC/DC-RM over an Enchanter for Keep/Relic attack/defence any day of the week. The number of rr5+ RM in Midgard is significant. There are probably more of them than there are Savages. Midgard with Shaman's, RM, SM and Hunters with volley are extreamly effective for such figthing and there are loads of them.

as for the relic situation: noone denies that hibs profit from both albs and mids preferring str ones - that's not our fault though: mid and alb has better melee groups while hibs have better mage groups... I say it again: if you hadnt done that alarm clock raid albs would have gone for power relics next (as often said by herbal and lac); in case of a successful raid (which is probable if the organise it well) they would have to defend str+pwr relics and this would be an interesting situation since no realm can defend all relics for an infinite time.

Defending more than 1 Relickeep over time is not possilbe that we agree on. What I'm trying to get across is that in any event other than Midgard/Albion holding only pwr-relics Hibernia will have a much easier task of getting those relics back, and yes, as been shown in the past duable during PT, but only if things work in your favour. If there ever comes a day when Midgard finds out that they whant pwr instead of str you will have a really though task getting them back during PT (meaning 2000+). I keep repeating myself, but I do not advocat for AC-RR, and as I've said on our Alliance-leaderbord I do belive that we can pull off a RR on Excalibur within decent hours, but not during peekhours.

T

tuathra

Originally posted by mehuge

Power relics are easy to take compared the the str relics for everywhere except hib. Hence hibs have power relics.

why is it easy for hib? you do realise that the power relic keep is situated near Druim Cain, and not Druim Ligen - where every1 is bound.

Oh, and since housing - this distance is irrellevant since all realm have equal possiblities for defense of both relic keeps.

- Tua

O

old.Ramas

The problem was always the position of the relic keep within it's zone. Not the position of the zone itself.

The current map gives hib several advantages...

1) A zerg moving to hib power relics is easier to detect than one moving to the alb/mid power keeps.

2) Defenders have to travel less distance before the keep...

3) ...with less aggro to circumvent....

4) ....and on a route that is harder to blockade.

This combines with the difficulty of defending 6 relics and alb/mid's preference for strength relics for most people to think that the power relics are not worth the reduction in str relic defences that come with them.

/shrug

Personally I agree that the difference tends to be overstated, but to say there is no difference would also be incorrect.

R

Runolaz

Originally posted by tuathra
why is it easy for hib? you do realise that the power relic keep is situated near Druim Cain, and not Druim Ligen - where every1 is bound.

Oh, and since housing - this distance is irrellevant since all realm have equal possiblities for defense of both relic keeps.

- Tua

First of all Albion and Midgard figth over the Str-Relics, the pwr-relics have always been seen on as secondary. This will often lead to less RR on Dagda and if either Albion or Midgard have pwr-relics they will also have 1-3 str-relics to defend as well. Hibernia will then have 2 tactical advantages. Either raid when Albion/Midgard does a RR, or having 2 targets to choose from if they do it alone (I guess both Mid and Alb would baff though). In most situations both Albion and Midgard sooner or later have to decide what keep to defend and what to let go. When you hold only str or pwr the picture is somewhat different, meaning if Midgard or Albion wanted pwr - then this would not be to your advantage.

Defensivly Hibernia is lucky that Emain is the most poppulated RvR zone. With so much action you can scrable defenders faster than both Midgard and Albion. Another advantage is the use of irc, moving a RR-force into Hibernia without getting detected by Albs or Hibs is virtually impossible - and easily leaked over irc.

Last but not to forget; lets say 250 Mids come + 200 Hibs defend, then 150 Albs add = lag, ld's, zonecrash and servercrash during PT. I'll bet that the regulare Albionzerg at amg want to take part in the action like they have done b4.

E

Event

The alb relic keep is indeed further from the frontier keep but at spd 5 isnt really a massive factor m8 tbh. If alb is alert it can field a massive defence force so a PT RR has to be uber fast and uber organised if it can succeed in snowdonia.

From a hibbies point of view this alb/mid hostility is just plain heaven :)

If alb or mid do decide to RR us plz do it in a honourable way coz i cba with anymore of these mammoth flame threads ;)

M

mehuge

Originally posted by tuathra
You are right, my mistake. All power is more difficult to defend geographically than str.

L

liloe

lol what a lame post, if ppl want to get up that early, let them do it, I mean why whine around, everybody has the opportunity to set his alarmclock and get up at that hour, or am I wrong?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom