Games The Elder Scrolls MMO

Soazak

Part of the furniture
They seem an awesome class, still not sure if I'm going to go DK or Templar for my next class

Mabs

J Peasemould Gruntfuttock
so, what the fuck is up with the "emperor" buff ? really ?

most retarded shit ive seen in years
just stopped playing having met one, not even remotely funny. killed 9 people solo.

miri

One of Freddy's beloved
Yeah, that and Vampirism need completely reworking. Some really baffling decisions made by ZoS - there's so much broken and/or overpowered shit in the game and yet what they're focusing on is releasing content to expand beyond VR10 when the majority of the population hasn't even hit VR10 yet.

Soazak

Part of the furniture
Kinda pissed me off I'm only just getting my vr10 template completed and they're releasing new gear. Hope it doesn't turn into a wow gear grind.

miri

One of Freddy's beloved
Yeah, totally agree.

Anyone on DC got a bunch of Medium armour research done? Need some crafted for my DK. Can exchange services as I have 5 traits researched on all light armour pieces except head (3 done) and 6th trait is finished in 3 days on legs, shoulders and belt. Can provide mats and upgrade it myself.

Soazak

Part of the furniture
My guild has just folded so will see what's in the guild bank tonight :p

Cirventhor

Can't get enough of FH
ZoS has gotten a lot of critics for not having enough endgame content (i.e. raiding) from certain camps (i.e. PvE raiders), and I guess Craglorn is their answer to that.

It's going to be a neverending struggle in the game - PvP'ers who doesn't want to grind for more gear, and PvE'ers who do. :p

LordjOX

Part of the furniture
Kinda pissed me off I'm only just getting my vr10 template completed and they're releasing new gear. Hope it doesn't turn into a wow gear grind.
Imo the gear difference between VR's are marginal. If you are rolling in gear for the set bonus (PVP/PVE), I'd keep that until you can save up enough to replace it. Higher VR gear only makes it slightly easier to hit the softcaps (and beyond if that is what you want).

Of course, if you want the best go for it. But I think ZOS will keep frontloading content like this so there is always some top goal to attempt to reach. They have talked about new content every 4-6 weeks, which is ambitious

ZoS has gotten a lot of critics for not having enough endgame content (i.e. raiding) from certain camps (i.e. PvE raiders), and I guess Craglorn is their answer to that.

It's going to be a neverending struggle in the game - PvP'ers who doesn't want to grind for more gear, and PvE'ers who do. :p
Difference is, you can get the PVP sets from simply PVPing. Albeit it is a bit random

Also regarding max targets (ZOS reply): http://forums.elderscrollsonline.co...ct-abilities-maximum-target-cap-clarification
One of the 1.1 patch notes described some AoE (area-of-effect) abilities having their maximum number of targets reduced. This led to some consternation among the community – our apologies for the confusion; we should have been more explicit in the patch notes. Here’s the information:

All AoE effect abilities in ESO have a max target limit of six, and always have. The exceptions to this are Alliance War-specific abilities, and several others, which are specifically noted (in tooltips) as having a higher or lower limit. So, if an AoE’s ability tooltip does not list it as having a special number (greater than or less than 6) of targets, it was designed to affect 6 targets, maximum.

Abilities that apply a buff to an ally (health regeneration) have a max target limit on cast, but can be applied to an infinite number of targets. For example, Regeneration has a max target limit of two, but it will always first try to hit allies that don't already have the buff. Two successive casts of Regeneration allow quick buffing of a four-person group. Please be aware that this is not the case for AoE debuffs, which apply to the nearest enemy targets or the center of the spell for ground-target AoE abilities.

Alliance War abilities generally hit a larger number of targets. We’ve designed them this way to better support their intended use in large-scale PvP. Each Alliance War ability’s max target cap, if they have one, is per ability (the morphs are the same as the base spells.) Siege Weapons have no max target – they will affect anyone who is in their target radius.
  • Assault
  • Caltrops: Max target limit of 12
  • Rapid Maneuvers: No max target limit
  • War Horn: Max target limit of 24

• Support
  • Barrier: Max target limit of 20
  • Purge: No max target limit
  • Siege Shield: Max target limit of 20
Changes/Pending Changes
With that explanation, here are the changes that are being made in version 1.1 (subject to testing).

The following abilities had a higher max limit than six, and have been fixed to be in-line with all other area-of-effect abilities:
  • Consuming Darkness (Nightblade)
  • Dragonknight Standard (Dragonknight)
  • Negate Magic (Sorcerer)
  • Scalding Rune (Fire Rune Morph - Mages Guild)
  • Soul Shatter (Soul Magic)
Also, we are currently investigating Dark Talons, Blood Altar, and Rite of Passage, which may not be obeying the max target limit.

Poag

m00?
So i've been playing my templar during my playtime (about 2 hours most evenings) up to 18 now. Finding the content i'd already doe on my NB not boring oddly, admittedly i'm not reading the quests, i did that the first time around, so i'm plowing through quests at a rapid rate. Finding the content significantly easier than with the NB. However untargeted heals have gotten me killed twice now. Was soloing the public dungeon in Stormhaven, some guy ended up standing infront of me behind the mobs i was fighting, failed to notice, my heals were going off but weren't healing me. So that was annoying :p

Got a long evening tonight as the misses is out, so i'll be taking my first foray into PvP as a out-n-out healer type.

I have noticed now on this time through, the sheer number of bots on every boss, 10-15 per boss per dungeon. Also the amount of speed hacking and teleporting going on now that i'm back in the lower level areas rather than vr zones is impressive. Its fairly difficult to get the radial menu up in time before they teleport off somewhere else again, but i've reported a few.

During the time i spent in PvP before the reroll, i noted a couple (between 5 and 10 actual characters) who were blatently speed hacking or teleporting away when they started losing a fight. The worst was when i started sniping EP 3 guys who were hanging around a farm DC owned. At first they ran in circles looking for me. Then two of them ported away (not sneak or stealth, they popped slightly up in the air and bloop...gone) leaving one guy. Killed him but was about 50% HP myself. The other two pop back into existence exactly where they vanished. Start zooming around looking for me. Other guys corpse vanishes...and after about 15 second he bloops back into existence in the same spot as the other pop back in.

They were fairly dumb so i was able to kill another one before they all just ported away and didn't come back. But still, so blatant and seemingly without recourse.

Soazak

Part of the furniture
So i've been playing my templar during my playtime (about 2 hours most evenings) up to 18 now. Finding the content i'd already doe on my NB not boring oddly, admittedly i'm not reading the quests, i did that the first time around, so i'm plowing through quests at a rapid rate. Finding the content significantly easier than with the NB. However untargeted heals have gotten me killed twice now. Was soloing the public dungeon in Stormhaven, some guy ended up standing infront of me behind the mobs i was fighting, failed to notice, my heals were going off but weren't healing me. So that was annoying :p

Got a long evening tonight as the misses is out, so i'll be taking my first foray into PvP as a out-n-out healer type.

I have noticed now on this time through, the sheer number of bots on every boss, 10-15 per boss per dungeon. Also the amount of speed hacking and teleporting going on now that i'm back in the lower level areas rather than vr zones is impressive. Its fairly difficult to get the radial menu up in time before they teleport off somewhere else again, but i've reported a few.

During the time i spent in PvP before the reroll, i noted a couple (between 5 and 10 actual characters) who were blatently speed hacking or teleporting away when they started losing a fight. The worst was when i started sniping EP 3 guys who were hanging around a farm DC owned. At first they ran in circles looking for me. Then two of them ported away (not sneak or stealth, they popped slightly up in the air and bloop...gone) leaving one guy. Killed him but was about 50% HP myself. The other two pop back into existence exactly where they vanished. Start zooming around looking for me. Other guys corpse vanishes...and after about 15 second he bloops back into existence in the same spot as the other pop back in.

They were fairly dumb so i was able to kill another one before they all just ported away and didn't come back. But still, so blatant and seemingly without recourse.
It's kinda surprising how much hacking & bots are around for sub game with such a high box cost. Last week I in pvp I jumped a DK (he dropped banner and talons etc) who then bolt escaped (sorc ability) away when he low, tht was my first real wtf moment

Mabs

really ? you pay them for gold with a credit card, they steal the info and buy accounts
or they steal the accounts of people who give them info for PLing

welcome to chinese prisons, pls to farm glod nao

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Actually for the most part they buy gold and sell it on. I used to sell quite a large amount of gold every month in WoW, couple of 100k gold in a good month. Gold in MMOs with some sort of auction house or economy is incredibly easy to make, 10-15 mins a day is all you need. I didn't make vast amounts of RL money but enough to pay my sub and a couple of evenings in the pub.

There is a certain amount of account theft that goes on but I have never heard of someone having their credit card details scammed via buying gold. Even with all the "Waaaaa I was stupid enough to click a dodgy link in an email from accountlolz (at) worldofbliztard.ch" posts.

Mabs

well yes but my point is people who believe they go to a store and buy 20 boxes are out of their tiny minds

miri

One of Freddy's beloved
Yeah in almost all games now it's buy low from the players to sell high to other players. I made a lot of money from ultimate team in Fifa when I stopped playing - around £300 - and they probably made another £200 or so on top of what they paid me. Lunacy.

Back to ESO: going to give it one more month in the hope they fix the servers as I really like the game, but I'm really alarmed by the lack of fixes to things like Vampire ult abuse, Vampires in general, server lag, quest bugs etc. Craglorn/VR10+ content is absolutely not what they should be focusing on, it's so frustrating.

miri

One of Freddy's beloved
They can reduce their ultimate to cost 4 ultimate points, and it does AoE damage + heals them, so they're basically invincible. Seen Vampires solo 20+ players.

dee777

Loyal Freddie
dont see the prob with vamps? do explain
One morph of their ultimate hits hard and drains a lot of life. When you have ultimate reducing abilities on top of the stage 4 vampirism, this ability supposedly can be spammed for great annoyance.

Mabs

yea the 2 morphs are "go invisible" or "taps 150 health from each person it hits"

i was testing the invis one, thinking could use it to run away, but it centres on you and moves with you so :(

Soazak

Part of the furniture
And you can still cast while it's up, it's pretty easy to spam pulsar with batswarm up, even as a sorc without using the ulti reducing items (only sorc passive for 15% and vamp stage 4 for 60%) it only costs me 50 ultimate. The only thing it relies on is people being dumb enough to clump on you and hit you ;)

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
I think the 1.1 patch with the extra content will bring a lot of fixes and balancing from what I hear.

Mabs

im mostly healing on my templar going WHERE THE FUCK IS MY COVER :(

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
I can see a lot of people leaving the game after free month. The amount of exploit abusers and bots is ruining the experience for many. I still see the same bots I reported 3 weeks ago. Group of 8 that are always in the same zone area at once. Never seen an EU GM on the server (zone chat) and I get the feeling the only bans handed out were in US. If they do not get a grip on this shit soon they are going tank very quickly on numbers playing.

Real shame as it is a decent game. Just get rid of the exploiters (porting and speed hackers), the bots and fix the broken quests FFS. Some have been broken for weeks.

Poag

m00?
Seems to be a wonderful new bug. Where vampires with the invis cloud of bats thing, go completely invis...bats and all.

Last night in PVP there was a group of 4 EP vamps doing the same thing over and over, totally invis. Got all their names, submitted as bug abuse. Just watching peoples HP drop with no graphical effects.

And then of course there the usual, oh theres 30 people attacking one vamp...oh they can survive for ~2-3 mins.

If it worth ebing anything other than a vamp atm? :)

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
they are aware of the exploits im sure and are working to stop them .. i said earlier theres a big patch coming .. lets see after that.

Soazak

Part of the furniture
It will only get worse in the next patch unless they change something, as they're fixing the stage 4 bug so won't have to wait 3+ hours each time you die or zone to get the 60% ult reduction :p

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
well they are fixing the aoe stuff by saying it can only affect x targets arnt they so the vamp skill will only hit x people and drain hp from them x people rather than getting them from 100 people who happen to be in range

Soazak

Part of the furniture
I'm not sure if this is affected by the AOE cap but even 1200hp a second is still pretty unkillable :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom