Games The Elder Scrolls MMO

Talivar

Part of the furniture
Yea we are finding more and more solo and duos now, its just a matter of being careful where you pick to roam or wait i guess :)

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
Aaaaa, thank you!
This was what I needed to see, it gave me hope of the type of pvp I long for exist in ESO.

But for how long? :)

If things like this becomes "too frequent" it wouldn't surprise me at all if the loud minority makes the devs do something about it.

dee777

Loyal Freddie
But for how long? :)

If things like this becomes "too frequent" it wouldn't surprise me at all if the loud minority makes the devs do something about it.
Whiners gonna whine. I for one enjoy the PvP for what it is right now. Manisch and me are having a blast with our lvl 3x's jumping duos of so far up to v2's and still end up winning. :D

Before anyone bickers, yes, we too get rolled from time to time. Everyone does. As far as "reasonable" engagements go we do very okay tho.

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
Actually think the PVP in ESO is the best since DAOC. Guildwars 2 was fun but way too zergy. I think the layouts are good and the contours of the map are great for some zerg harassing, bomb groups can do very well. Can't wait to get to VR levels. Lvl 44 on my NB and enjoying the PvE content, with the exception of some bad quest bugs it has been good experience.

Best MMO since DAOC for me by far.

Syri

FH is my second home
After seeing some friends playing, and having a go myself on one of their accounts, I decided to give it a try as a few of the issues from beta seemed to have been addressed. I can't say that it's been really great so far, but it's been decent. I like the flexible character builds (but hate the restrictive controls, that don't let you take advantage of the builds), crafting seems well thought out and the story is good on the quests.
I think for me, my main problem is that it has so little MMO feel to it, in the beginning stages at least. I'm going to carry on, but it just seems really single player so far. I'm not even level 10 yet though, so I'm going to press on, give PvP a try when I can, and see how things progress from here.
So to sum up, a few niggling things, but potential to be good, just need to get through a bit to get there.

miri

One of Freddy's beloved
Honestly I'd say it's like a singler player Elder Scrolls game 1-50 unless you aoe grind as a duo to 50 (fastest way). Once you hit 50 though, everything of note really requires a group.

miri

One of Freddy's beloved
Change the quality? It's in 1080p, just for some reason YouTube defaults to 240 because, you know, it's 1994. :)

LordjOX

Part of the furniture
Actually think the PVP in ESO is the best since DAOC. Guildwars 2 was fun but way too zergy. I think the layouts are good and the contours of the map are great for some zerg harassing, bomb groups can do very well. Can't wait to get to VR levels. Lvl 44 on my NB and enjoying the PvE content, with the exception of some bad quest bugs it has been good experience.

Best MMO since DAOC for me by far.

Agreed. Currently VR7 and rank 8 PVP. Everything just clicks for me. Multiple paths through PVE and a great PVP experience. The skill system keeps you flexible.

Bomb groups with morphed Impulse (destro staff PBAOE) is very potent against zergs. You can basically recreate the same vanilla / SI DAOC style tactics. A big exception that you can easily get the jump on them since everyone can stealth. The highest ranked players on Auriel's Bow kill zergs this way. Pop heavy armor Impenetrable when engaging, dump ultimates and spam Impulse.

Whiners gonna whine. I for one enjoy the PvP for what it is right now. Manisch and me are having a blast with our lvl 3x's jumping duos of so far up to v2's and still end up winning. :D

Before anyone bickers, yes, we too get rolled from time to time. Everyone does. As far as "reasonable" engagements go we do very okay tho.
Due to everyone sub VR1 being battle-levelled, this works fine. Note however that it isn't without flaw. At 40-49 you'll find yourself quite gimped compared to when you were sub 40. This because gear is starting to have an impact and battle-levels nerf your stats. Get to VR1+ and you'll feel alot more powerful.

Have spent many hours camping NPC questgivers for easy kills. Can also get some good fights in the lines between reinforcement-keep and keep-under-siege when running small groups.

After playing a few hours PVP I noticed some things that I feel needs balancing, not sure how others experience this:
  • Vampire bat swarm is too potent. With right gear and passives, ultimate activation can go down to 10.
  • Vampire mist form feels wrong. Players can run almost invulnerable to clip range super fast. Increase magicka cost?
  • Sorcerer Bolt Escape. Same thing as vampire mist. Spammable 10+ times for easy getaways to cliprange. Increase magicka cost?
  • Elder scrolls from shrines are too easy to take. An organized group can ninja siege the closest keep and grab the scroll before anyone gets organized. This happens a lot on Auriel's Bow. Players end up trolling with the scrolls, using them as bait with bomb groups. Suggestion is to require linked keeps from home base before gate to shrine opens.

miri

One of Freddy's beloved
Agreed on all your points. Vampires are absolutely fucking broken right now. Equally so it's a PITA grouping with one. We have one NB who is a Vamp and when he occasionally groups with us he is a massive mana drain because he goes low, mist forms and sucks up all the 'smart heals' while getting only 25% (?) of the spell's use. UGH.

LordjOX

Part of the furniture
Agreed on all your points. Vampires are absolutely fucking broken right now. Equally so it's a PITA grouping with one. We have one NB who is a Vamp and when he occasionally groups with us he is a massive mana drain because he goes low, mist forms and sucks up all the 'smart heals' while getting only 25% (?) of the spell's use. UGH.
Actually, when he goes low, he gets NO heals. The text says "invulnerability to healing magic". I.e. he gets no heals whatsoever in mist form.

Ah! My fifth point would be the "smart" heals. If grouped, they should be local to the group, not jump to the lowest player in the area.

miri

One of Freddy's beloved
Yeah, goddamn it's annoying healing random people when you don't want to. :(

Good to know about the Vamp thing! TY.

Soazak

Part of the furniture

Yea player/gear issue if anything, vampires shouldn't really take much more damage than anyone else against players if they've geared for it by hitting softcap on spell resist and getting 1k+ fire resist with a single item. Oil still hurts as it ignores mitigation (but ya, big red circles so..), but since most non-vamps don't gear for fire resistance, I hear a vamp with fire resist (and spell resist soft-capped) should be taking less than 10% more fire damage than the typical player (I think this is only due to some fire spells from DKs being physical damage rather than spell damage, so goes against armor rather than spell resist).

He defo shouldn't be using mist form to avoid damage in group situations, if anything he should be using invis to break LOS. We've found NBs tend to take loads of damage anyway, not too familiar with the class anyway but I hear they have a lot of broken passives. Batswarm is insane when morphed, coupled with Emperor it's just broken:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uq2-Zl1PETM

I've been VR10 for a while now and there's not a huge difference from VR1 in PvP, the main difference is the gear, due to the nice set bonuses, but even then it's not a huge gap.

Last edited:

LordjOX

Part of the furniture
At VR10 there's not a huge difference from VR1 in PvP, the main difference is the gear, due to the nice set bonuses, but even then it's not a huge gap.
Nah, it's mainly the skillpoints and some marginal stat increases afaik. Difference from 49 to VR1 is huge though.

Not so sure about gear, what are people going for? There are epic VR10 set pieces in the stores for 600k alliance points. Not sure if you can get the same set from the random bags you get. Then it's simply a matter of upgrading them with crafting.

Atm I have the warlock and torug's pact set as a healer templar. But closing in on VR10 so want something that is the kit I'll build toward, while softcapping the important bits.
There's no pvp stat, so can easily use pve set drops, crafted and the pvp ones.

miri

One of Freddy's beloved
I really don't think the 5% less damage from players set is worth it. I'm using crafted gear and weapons from the VR1-5 dungeons (I'm VR5 on my Templar) - I use 3x Magnus (5% chance to negate the cost of a spell) and 3x Seducer (-3% cost of spells). With that stuff I'm a few points short of soft cap on magicka, close to soft cap on HP and capped spell res and mana recovery. Just plan to PvP my way to VR10 now as I'm utterly bored with questing. :)

Ideally I'd like Worm's Raiment (-8% spell cost for your group) but no idea how to farm it. Saw the legs drop to the other Templar in our group in Spindle I think it was, or maybe Banished Cells but no clue if it's just random or we need to farm a specific instance - can anyone shed any light?

Soazak

Part of the furniture
Ideally I'd like Worm's Raiment (-8% spell cost for your group) but no idea how to farm it. Saw the legs drop to the other Templar in our group in Spindle I think it was, or maybe Banished Cells but no clue if it's just random or we need to farm a specific instance - can anyone shed any light?

I know a VR5 version drops (spindle I think), not sure about 10, pretty sure our Templar is trying to farm a vet10 version so will ask him later.

Nah, it's mainly the skillpoints and some marginal stat increases afaik. Difference from 49 to VR1 is huge though.

Not so sure about gear, what are people going for? There are epic VR10 set pieces in the stores for 600k alliance points. Not sure if you can get the same set from the random bags you get. Then it's simply a matter of upgrading them with crafting.

Atm I have the warlock and torug's pact set as a healer templar. But closing in on VR10 so want something that is the kit I'll build toward, while softcapping the important bits.
There's no pvp stat, so can easily use pve set drops, crafted and the pvp ones.

The Wrath of Imperium from PvP is nice (10% spell crit for 3 pieces), Magnus Gift (5% chance to negate cost of a spell), Willow's Path (5% spell crit at 3/5).

I've just got 5/5 Magicka Furnace so will be testing that tonight, says it gives 10% of your max magicka back when hit by melee (5s cooldown), but I can't find anywhere online if melee is just left mouse button attacks, or if it includes weapon attacks (if weapon attacks then this is probably going to be the best set bonus I can find).

Warlock seems awesome but only comes in VR1, I think if some proper testing were done other sets would be comparable/better, as Warlock relies on you hitting 33% magicka on cooldown which isn't always the case

miri

One of Freddy's beloved
I found with Warlock that I don't want to be that low on mana anyway (using Equilibrium and/or pots to keep me topped). It was nice for PvE though.

Where's Magicka Furnace from @Soazak ? Edit: NVM, found it. Does it come higher than VR1?

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
Change the quality? It's in 1080p, just for some reason YouTube defaults to 240 because, you know, it's 1994. :)
Ah I just watched it embedded in the page and it was crap will have a fiddle. Thanks for letting me know about that much more helpful than @Raven face palm :)

Soazak

Part of the furniture
I found with Warlock that I don't want to be that low on mana anyway (using Equilibrium and/or pots to keep me topped). It was nice for PvE though.

Where's Magicka Furnace from @Soazak ? Edit: NVM, found it. Does it come higher than VR1?

I think so, I seem to remember seeing it in one of the Entropy Rising videos at VR10, but I've not seen any drop myself yet, I've only managed to get the VR1 version. That said, I've done all 3 Vet10 dungeons (except for the end boss in Darkshade Caverns) a few times and I haven't seen any cloth drop, only VR10 Ebon Heavy, a few weapons and a ton of staffs.

Cirventhor

Can't get enough of FH
Any of you running DK's in your PvP groups? If so, what builds/weapons do they use?

Soazak

Part of the furniture
Banner + Talons, then roll your face over the keyboard, that's all really. DKs are ridiculous :D

Talivar

Part of the furniture
What campaign are you all on?, On Dawnbreaker myself and seeing a lot of old Daoc faces :)

Mabs

J Peasemould Gruntfuttock
on a side note: molag bal fight is the most overtuned piled of wank ive seen in a long time

having to channel to advance + mob that randomly aoes the room with an insta kill mechanic = bullshit

LordjOX

Part of the furniture
What campaign are you all on?, On Dawnbreaker myself and seeing a lot of old Daoc faces :)
Auriel's Bow as EP. Probably gonna change after the campaign end. Too much scroll trolling there

LordjOX

Part of the furniture
http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/entry/signin?Target=discussion/85974/state-of-the-game-address

Cross post:

As it’s now two and a half weeks since we officially launched on April 4, I think it’s a good time to bring everyone up to date on The Elder Scrolls Online service, maintenance windows, and what we’re doing to add content, make the game better, and address some issues that are near and dear to the community.

First and foremost, please know that we are doing everything we can to combat the gold spammers and bots – especially ones that “camp” dungeon bosses – that you see in game. I play the game every day; I see them too, and yes, they drive me crazy. We have had a daily running battle with them ever since the game launched – moving them from global chat, to in-game email, to creating bogus guilds and inviting players – and we continue to take measures to keep them away from players, even when it isn’t always apparent that we are. Most of the battle has been on the back end of the game – we regularly ban accounts involved in spam and bot activity – our teams are working on better systems to identify those accounts and characters that are doing black market activities, and we’re also working on some game feature refinement to make it harder for them to acquire gold in the first place. Fighting black market activity like gold selling spam and farming bots is a marathon, not a sprint, but we will do whatever we can to reduce their impact on the game.

The scope of the black market activity accounts for up to 85% of Customer Service emails/calls. Because of this huge influx of contact relating to this one issue, our CS team has been slower to react to other problems than planned – our sincere apologies if you have been held up for a long period of time waiting for CS to respond to you. Again, our goal is to keep this activity away from you so you don’t have to contact Customer Service in the first place.

Also very visible was last week’s gold “duping” (duplication) bug – where players could manipulate stacks of items in their inventory to create copies. We fixed the problem and banned the accounts of the worst offenders And yes, we erroneously caught up some legitimate accounts in that ban, for which we apologize – all erroneously banned accounts were reinstated within about 8 hours. Contrary to some reports, exploitation of this bug did not result in destabilizing the ESO economy in any way. We did turn off guild banks to limit the spread of the problem, but that was only until we put up a new version of the game that fixed the exploit later that evening.

All of these fixes have resulted in several more maintenance periods than we planned for – we know that everyone wants to play the game and hates downtime – but please be aware that every time we take down the servers for maintenance, it is either to fix a problem or put up an update that makes the game better. We are working on shortening the length of maintenances, this will get better over time.

So, here’s the list of our more prominent fixes since launch, as well as info about ongoing support that we’re doing for ESO:
  • Fixed the bug where a small percentage of players lost their expansion bank slots.
  • Fixed quest-blocking bugs, especially ones in Coldharbour, that prevented players from completing either a main quest step, or the Coldharbour zone.
  • Fixed many other quest bugs not related to the above where items/NPCs didn’t spawn properly.
  • Fixed the Greenshade (Aldmeri Dominion zone) problem, which caused the zone to crash every few hours. This one was fixed on 4/4, but was a problem during early access.
  • Fixed two dupe issues: the above one involving stacked items, and another (on a much smaller scale) involving crafting hireling emails.
  • Put many back-end fixes and procedures in place to block black market gold farmer activity.
We still have much to do – there still other quest problems on our fix list, most of them involving the situation where they become “de-synched” from the zone and don’t spawn their items or NPCs properly. We are in process of putting up our first major update to the game on our Play Test Server (PTS), which includes many updates to the game, including class and weapon ability tweaks, content fixes, and updates to almost all game systems. It also contains our new end-game Adventure Zone, Craglorn, with Veteran content aimed at 4 and 12-man groups. So stay tuned for PTS patch notes for all the other fixes that we’ve been working on. This is a major update to the game, so it will be on PTS for at least a week or 10 days for testing before we take it live.

We’re working on fixing problems, we’re combatting black market gold farmers, and we have a hefty new patch coming shortly. ESO is already an awesome game, and it will only get better from here. Thanks for your patience and support, and I’ll see you in Tamriel.

-Matt

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom