Games The Elder Scrolls MMO

svartalf

Can't get enough of FH
Here is some speculation fodder... http://massively.joystiq.com/2012/03/15/rumor-elder-scrolls-mmo-to-be-announced-in-may/

You know, that pesky Elder Scrolls MMO rumor just won't die. We've been hearing scuttlebutt of a Tamriel-themed massively multiplayer title for years now, and even though Bethesda has debunked such gossip in the past, Tom's Hardware is citing an "industry source" who says the title is a reality.

The latest rumbling posits that the game will feature three factions and will take place several hundred years prior to the events of Morrowind, Oblivion, and Skyrim. Also, some sort of official announcement is supposedly scheduled for May. Following that, the source claims, the Elder Scrolls MMO will have a "presence at E3" in June.

Bethesda has yet to comment, but we'll bring you the latest info as it happens.

[Thanks to Matt for the tip!]

Tags: bethesda, elder-scrolls, elder-scrolls-mmo, fantasy, mmo-industry, nerdgasm, oh-god-please-yes, rumor, rumors, sandbox, tamriel, zenimax, zenimax-media

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
If they do the whole 3 realm thing + dont make it a fucking shit console port it'll be totally epic.

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
If they do the whole 3 realm thing + dont make it a fucking shit console port it'll be totally epic.
Empire, Rebellion and some Foreigners, that's what I'm smelling..

Hate to piss on the parade before it sets out though, but I feel a bit funny about this, because I mean, if they decide to stick to 'Fall out 3 & Skyrim' RPG setup - IE, you level up, and you put your skill into a trade or a attacky-attacky skill, I figure it won't work very well, and also, I think people would feel robbed since it'd just be Skyrim: Online!

If they're gonna do this I think it'd be better to have like a 'base class' (You can be anything) for the first, say, 10 levels, then past that, you have to go down much more specific roles etc... Basically, I'd hate to see everyone running around (like I did on Skyrim) with top armor crafting, top shields and top single weaponry, being immortal.

But meh, lets see what happens.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Hnnnng.

Please be true! Though I would really like to see a fallout MMO even more.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
Hmm.

I'm trying to picture oblivion as an MMO and i just can't. (not played Skyrim because my PC is threatening with suicide)

There's no way they can make a MMO based on this universe and still give us the same freedom of choice.

It's going to be linear.

It's going to be story driven.

It's going to be a disappointment for those that are true fans of the games.

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
Hmm.

I'm trying to picture oblivion as an MMO and i just can't. (not played Skyrim because my PC is threatening with suicide)

There's no way they can make a MMO based on this universe and still give us the same freedom of choice.

It's going to be linear.

It's going to be story driven.

It's going to be a disappointment for those that are true fans of the games.

This.

It'll either piss of MMO fans or Elder Scrolls fans

I have a few ideas for it though, so plz, Elder Scrolls guiz, get in touch, ty.

Would be nice if it was 'age' driven, so, at a lower level, you're younger, and start to see the bad relations between the different factions, and fights involve battering each other, until each other are knocked out, school bullying, THEN AS YOU GROW OLDER, you start to see it's alot more serious, then your fists are placed with swords, WOW, I SHOULD MAKE A MMO.

svartalf

Can't get enough of FH
Confirmation, and the re-emergence of Matt "Friar" Firor, and a nice new logo for Jormungadr...
massively.com said:
massively.com said:
by Jef Reahard on May 3rd 2012 12:27PMFantasy, Game mechanics, MMO industry, New titles, News items

Well, one of the industry's worst-kept secrets has been officially put to rest courtesy of Game Informer. There is in fact an Elder Scrolls MMO in the works, and Bethesda has chosen the print magazine for its initial reveal.

Despite a professed lack of interest in MMOs from Elder Scrolls notable Todd Howard, the project has been ongoing for a number of years now, according to Bethesda's latest press release. The dev team is headed up by Matt Firor, known primarily to gamers for his work on Dark Age of Camelot. Like DaoC, the new Elder Scrolls title will feature three-faction PvP. We'll keep you updated as Bethesda releases additional details.
Tags: bethesda, breaking, elder-scrolls, elder-scrolls-mmo, fantasy, matt-firor, please-be-a-sandbox, the-elder-scrolls, three-faction-pvp

Last edited:

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Matt Firor.

Oh well, never mind.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Lets hope he doesnt turn it into a shit fest and attempt to recreate a variation of DAOC 2... I hope Bethesda step in and say "OI, FIROR YOU SLAG... NAOOOOOOO!"

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Only time will tell I guess, its easy to pick any MMO out of the lineup and brand it a WoW clone, won't really know until some alpha/beta footage is shown so you can see what the gameplay itself is like.

LordjOX

Part of the furniture
What did Matt Firor do wrong in DAoC?
Honestly, no idea. Anyone enlighten us? I see from the credits he did partake in the original design and production of DAoC though

As for an Elder Scrolls MMO, bring it on. Not gonna judge anything before having tried it.

Cirventhor

Can't get enough of FH
As far as I know Matt Firor was one of the designers behind OF and original DAoC (worked at Mythic from 1995-2006).

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Its due in 2013 apparently... they must have been working on it for quite awhile on the sly because knocking an mmo together in less than a 2 year period is just /lolnothx.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
He was lead when the rot set in (TOA) like TOA or not, it was the beginning of the end for DAOC. It was only after he left that they made it more accessible, by which time it was too late.

Keitanz

Can't get enough of FH
flop inc..

If GW2 doesn't live up to it's promise then in my opinion on MMO has a chance competing against WoW, how many have tried in the past 7 years? and all of them have failed pretty much, it's a shame, but all MMO's are doomed.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Blizzards next MMO is also out in 2013 apparently, called Titan.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Bit tired of the sword&magic scene, first good sci-fi, steampunk, guns 'n suches MMO will get my money. SW:Tor is sword&magic in a different wrapper.

BUT, i will reserve judgement until it gets revealed more. An MMO Skyrim/oblivion whatnot would be fun.

Dutch_NS

Can't get enough of FH
You guys should be happy ;) This is the closest we get to DAOC 2 ;)

I think Matt really secretly gonna make this camelot 2 with elder scroll name ;) Lets hope rvr will be as good as camelot, that means, Loads of CC, speed classes, healers and casters not casting in combat, and we have a winnner!

Mabs

J Peasemould Gruntfuttock
Bit tired of the sword&magic scene, first good sci-fi, steampunk, guns 'n suches MMO will get my money. SW:Tor is sword&magic in a different wrapper.

BUT, i will reserve judgement until it gets revealed more. An MMO Skyrim/oblivion whatnot would be fun.

wtb: fallout MMO

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
I still say it's not going to end up being what people expect...

It's going to be a generic MMO, not a massively multiplayer oblivion/Skyrim...

I might be wrong, god i hope i'm wrong here.

But i'm not....

http://sandboxer.org/?p=912

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
937F91.png

ambera

Loyal Freddie
Matt Firor is no believer in pandering to 'hardcore' gamers. Matt Firor believes story is more important in an MMO than gameplay. Matt Firor plays WoW.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom