Games The Elder Scrolls MMO

Discussion in 'Role Playing Games' started by svartalf, Mar 16, 2012.

1. svartalf

svartalf Can't get enough of FH

Here is some speculation fodder... http://massively.joystiq.com/2012/03/15/rumor-elder-scrolls-mmo-to-be-announced-in-may/

2. BloodOmen

BloodOmen I am a FH squatter

If they do the whole 3 realm thing + dont make it a fucking shit console port it'll be totally epic.

3. Gwadien

Gwadien Uneducated Northern Cretin

Empire, Rebellion and some Foreigners, that's what I'm smelling..

Hate to piss on the parade before it sets out though, but I feel a bit funny about this, because I mean, if they decide to stick to 'Fall out 3 & Skyrim' RPG setup - IE, you level up, and you put your skill into a trade or a attacky-attacky skill, I figure it won't work very well, and also, I think people would feel robbed since it'd just be Skyrim: Online!

If they're gonna do this I think it'd be better to have like a 'base class' (You can be anything) for the first, say, 10 levels, then past that, you have to go down much more specific roles etc... Basically, I'd hate to see everyone running around (like I did on Skyrim) with top armor crafting, top shields and top single weaponry, being immortal.

But meh, lets see what happens.

4. Raven

Raven Brrrrr!

Hnnnng.

Please be true! Though I would really like to see a fallout MMO even more.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Ctuchik

Ctuchik FH is my second home

Hmm.

I'm trying to picture oblivion as an MMO and i just can't. (not played Skyrim because my PC is threatening with suicide)

There's no way they can make a MMO based on this universe and still give us the same freedom of choice.

It's going to be linear.

It's going to be story driven.

It's going to be a disappointment for those that are true fans of the games.

6. Gwadien

Gwadien Uneducated Northern Cretin

This.

It'll either piss of MMO fans or Elder Scrolls fans

I have a few ideas for it though, so plz, Elder Scrolls guiz, get in touch, ty.

Would be nice if it was 'age' driven, so, at a lower level, you're younger, and start to see the bad relations between the different factions, and fights involve battering each other, until each other are knocked out, school bullying, THEN AS YOU GROW OLDER, you start to see it's alot more serious, then your fists are placed with swords, WOW, I SHOULD MAKE A MMO.

7. svartalf

svartalf Can't get enough of FH

Confirmation, and the re-emergence of Matt "Friar" Firor, and a nice new logo for Jormungadr...

Last edited: May 3, 2012
  8. Raven

Raven Brrrrr!

Matt Firor.

Oh well, never mind.

9. BloodOmen

Lets hope he doesnt turn it into a shit fest and attempt to recreate a variation of DAOC 2... I hope Bethesda step in and say "OI, FIROR YOU SLAG... NAOOOOOOO!"

10. Cirventhor

Cirventhor Can't get enough of FH

• Informative Informative x 1
  11. BloodOmen

Only time will tell I guess, its easy to pick any MMO out of the lineup and brand it a WoW clone, won't really know until some alpha/beta footage is shown so you can see what the gameplay itself is like.

12. Nate

Nate FH is my second home

What did Matt Firor do wrong in DAoC?

13. LordjOX

LordjOX Part of the furniture

Honestly, no idea. Anyone enlighten us? I see from the credits he did partake in the original design and production of DAoC though

As for an Elder Scrolls MMO, bring it on. Not gonna judge anything before having tried it.

14. Cirventhor

Cirventhor Can't get enough of FH

As far as I know Matt Firor was one of the designers behind OF and original DAoC (worked at Mythic from 1995-2006).

15. BloodOmen

Its due in 2013 apparently... they must have been working on it for quite awhile on the sly because knocking an mmo together in less than a 2 year period is just /lolnothx.

16. Raven

Raven Brrrrr!

He was lead when the rot set in (TOA) like TOA or not, it was the beginning of the end for DAOC. It was only after he left that they made it more accessible, by which time it was too late.

17. Keitanz

Keitanz Can't get enough of FH

flop inc..

If GW2 doesn't live up to it's promise then in my opinion on MMO has a chance competing against WoW, how many have tried in the past 7 years? and all of them have failed pretty much, it's a shame, but all MMO's are doomed.

18. Raven

Raven Brrrrr!

Blizzards next MMO is also out in 2013 apparently, called Titan.

19. Keitanz

Keitanz Can't get enough of FH

yep apparently an FPS MMO.. it will probably be announced at E3 next month.

20. BloodOmen

Aye, thats what I'm waiting for :)

21. old.Tohtori

old.Tohtori FH is my second home

Bit tired of the sword&magic scene, first good sci-fi, steampunk, guns 'n suches MMO will get my money. SW:Tor is sword&magic in a different wrapper.

BUT, i will reserve judgement until it gets revealed more. An MMO Skyrim/oblivion whatnot would be fun.

22. Dutch_NS

Dutch_NS Can't get enough of FH

You guys should be happy ;) This is the closest we get to DAOC 2 ;)

I think Matt really secretly gonna make this camelot 2 with elder scroll name ;) Lets hope rvr will be as good as camelot, that means, Loads of CC, speed classes, healers and casters not casting in combat, and we have a winnner!

23. Mabs

Mabs J Peasemould Gruntfuttock

wtb: fallout MMO

• Agree Agree x 3
  24. Ctuchik

I still say it's not going to end up being what people expect...

It's going to be a generic MMO, not a massively multiplayer oblivion/Skyrim...

I might be wrong, god i hope i'm wrong here.

But i'm not....

http://sandboxer.org/?p=912

25. BloodOmen

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 4
  26. ambera

ambera Loyal Freddie

Matt Firor is no believer in pandering to 'hardcore' gamers. Matt Firor believes story is more important in an MMO than gameplay. Matt Firor plays WoW.

27. Ctuchik

Yeah because WoW has SUCH a fucking great story huh?

Yes, yes it is.

28. old.Tohtori

old.Tohtori FH is my second home

don't you mean...pandaring? :D