Games The Elder Scrolls MMO

Poag

m00?
coincidence, synchronicity..pure chance ? I'd not seen a single purple epic item drop so far, and i've been purely grinding since L23 (36 now). Entered Stormcrag Crypt in southern Eastmarch (Ebonpact) and had a purple axe, head piece and shoulders within 2hrs.

another tip for those mini dungeons - especially those with a soulshard. Just camp the mini boss in there. Not quite sure how the respawn works, but was having 2 a minute sometimes. Just camping the boss for an hour yielded 9 blues( all the same) greens, 60 soul gems, stack of 100 health pots, 75 stam pots and 111 mana pots. Made about 10k in 3 hrs of work, sold the epics in general chat for 5k in total, health pots for a 1k etc..

A word of warning, people are reporting people chain camping the bosses for exactly the reasons you've stated above. Alot of the time you get bots standing there killing them over and over.

Yep its an easy source of cash...but its an easy source of cash that can be automated, and has been :(

LordjOX

Part of the furniture
coincidence, synchronicity..pure chance ? I'd not seen a single purple epic item drop so far, and i've been purely grinding since L23 (36 now). Entered Stormcrag Crypt in southern Eastmarch (Ebonpact) and had a purple axe, head piece and shoulders within 2hrs.

another tip for those mini dungeons - especially those with a soulshard. Just camp the mini boss in there. Not quite sure how the respawn works, but was having 2 a minute sometimes. Just camping the boss for an hour yielded 9 blues( all the same) greens, 60 soul gems, stack of 100 health pots, 75 stam pots and 111 mana pots. Made about 10k in 3 hrs of work, sold the epics in general chat for 5k in total, health pots for a 1k etc..
At some point purples become a alot less rare. It is very common in the 30+ 4man dungeon, from bosses.

Poag

m00?
one quest later (after they unbugged the woman)

Can't close one of the two portals, cos it doesn't exist!

yay :p

Strike that, BOTH portals are bugged, huge queue of people backing up on it. Wonderful :)

Last edited:

Zede

Part of the furniture
A word of warning, people are reporting people chain camping the bosses for exactly the reasons you've stated above. Alot of the time you get bots standing there killing them over and over.

Yep its an easy source of cash...but its an easy source of cash that can be automated, and has been :(

point taken, but was like 20+ mobs spawning in the room also, hectic to say the least. Reckon the respawn is tied into ppl entering the dung..hmm didn't see any bots or anything fishy going on, more than can be said for GW2, levelling there was botcity,mmosville.

Last edited:

Zede

Part of the furniture
At some point purples become a alot less rare. It is very common in the 30+ 4man dungeon, from bosses.

I got a 2h axe called witchdrinker in some 30ish dung. Some other dude in the grp got the same purp. Rare my arse, in all my years of mmos never seen the same purp drop for 2 ppl in the same grp at the same time..some dodgy math a goin' on.

cog

Can't get enough of FH
Where are people playing? Anywhere with a particular clustering of ex daocers?

LordjOX

Part of the furniture
EP. Think most here are DC. Check previous pages, some mentioned guilds with ex-daoc players

miri

One of Freddy's beloved
Any DC Templars wanna come PvP with us? Our second healer just logged and I'm struggling. Running small group bombing zergs.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter

Hate those people that do that when you actually want to do the dungeon and it's random if you get a hit before it's dead. Also shit for bots farming. Don't exploit man play for real

Himse

FH is my second home
i really need to buy this, just having free time to play it is another thing :(

Poag

m00?
So after slogging through all the bugs at 5am, i'm now VR1 in Dominion lands :)

And got killed by a mob right out the door...woop. Lag? no never! :p

Poag

m00?
Seems 20mans are the thing atm.

Was roaming around a little solo due to being semi afk. Encountered two different 20 mans guild groups rolling over keeps defended by ~60-90 people.

Watched them for a while, saw they were actually doing zerg mentality stuff, they just had more healers so didn't lose people doing it. One was EP one AD, and they did a strange dance around each other when they were in the same area.....

miri

One of Freddy's beloved
Haha, yeah. I don't know, it doesn't seem as fun to me running around with that many people because it's very hard to lose imo. As 8 we get flattened if we make mistakes and there's a critical mass in terms of how many people we can fight before it just becomes unmanageable. We had one amazing fight over the weekend vs. both AD and EP which lasted a good 15mins of us kiting one group, pushing and killing then kiting again and the other factions engaging each other etc etc, think we made around 10k APs from that one fight, really regret not recording it.

It can also be really frustrating at times when it feels like we either only find stragglers of like ~10 people that we just wipe in seconds or 200 people zergs. Hopefully it develops a bit over time because it's really promising imo. Seen a few ~8 man groups and got annihilated by one really good group, will endeavour to record more of those fights.

LordjOX

Part of the furniture
Imo it is abit off to take the DAOC mentality of 8 man groups to Cyrodiil. The community is huge so don't expect any pity for the crocodile tears you shed when you get smacked by the zerg.

We had a group of 5 running around. We hit Bruma and the dungeons around there. Killing off solo, duo, groups of 4-5. We also stayed between keep under siege and where reinforcements came from. Soloers and small groups trickling in, hit them and stealth. Stealth when the zerg comes around. There is activity for all.

miri, I think you should up your group size to something that can take on larger groups more effectively, as these are the ones we see more frequent. No doubt you can handle a group twice or thrice your number if you get a organized and coordinated jump on them. Instead of this fixed 8 man bull shit number from DAOC nostalgia

Poag: when solo, run around the neutral quest cities. Loads of players questing, grinding or looking for a fight there. Usually solo or duo

Oh and if anyone knows of any good AvA resources, must have abilities in a group (like Magelight) that would be appreciated

miri

One of Freddy's beloved
Why is it 'bullshit'? We don't like running more people as it's not as fun/challenging to us and we don't really like the huge messy zerg fights. There are no 'tears' as you say, we win some we lose some. Really don't understand the hostility.

miri

One of Freddy's beloved
Anyway, either way might as well post this here: we're looking for one Templar to be the second main healer in our group so I can go DPS for what we feel will be our ideal setup. We're on Daggerfall and play weeknights whenever we have enough (primetime) and as much as possible over the weekend. There's no pressure to play 7 days a week and we're mostly employed, mature people so we'd be looking for someone with a similar mindset. We also do all the PvE content during off hours but our major focus is RvR. /w @mirieth in-game or PM me here or on irc.quakenet.org - find me in #crowdcontrol.

LordjOX

Part of the furniture
Why is it 'bullshit'? We don't like running more people as it's not as fun/challenging to us and we don't really like the huge messy zerg fights. There are no 'tears' as you say, we win some we lose some. Really don't understand the hostility.
Sorry I came off as hostile. It is of course completely up to you how many you want to play with. I also prefer playing outside of the zergs and find it the most fun.

From experience, many players during DAOC that preferred running 8man wanted everyone else to do the same and the complaints were great if anyone "added" or you got stomped by a zerg. I see you are not one of them so I am sorry.

miri

One of Freddy's beloved
No big deal, just thought it was weird. :)

I certainly am not 'for' playing in 200 man zergs or whatever, but equally so I couldn't actually care less what people choose to do with their time so long as they give me the same respect.

LordjOX

Part of the furniture
No big deal, just thought it was weird. :)

I certainly am not 'for' playing in 200 man zergs or whatever, but equally so I couldn't actually care less what people choose to do with their time so long as they give me the same respect.
Saw your group outside Blue Road Keep gate on Auriel's bow last night. Was in a group of 4 so we quickly detached from the rest and went our own way. So many disorganized players around to kill. It's like the early days of DAOC. Bait, kite, push back, repeat

Anyways in other news:
More Craglorn info: http://elderscrollsonline.com/en-uk/news/post/2014/04/14/ask-us-anything-craglorn?ref=home
New patch (1.0.3): http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/78407/patch-notes-v1-0-3

miri

One of Freddy's beloved
Saw your group outside Blue Road Keep gate on Auriel's bow last night. Was in a group of 4 so we quickly detached from the rest and went our own way. So many disorganized players around to kill. It's like the early days of DAOC. Bait, kite, push back, repeat

Anyways in other news:
More Craglorn info: http://elderscrollsonline.com/en-uk/news/post/2014/04/14/ask-us-anything-craglorn?ref=home
New patch (1.0.3): http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/78407/patch-notes-v1-0-3

Haha yeah, we were only out for about 2 hours last night. Saw you as well outside the keep. The action was really odd last night, had a few good fights though. Definitely feel like it needs some time to develop a bit. Only thing I find frustrating right now is the amount of times we have a really good fight then suddenly everyone dies and we realise it's because someone has erected a ballista to fight 8 people from a 50 man zerg. Comes with the territory though I guess. :)

Poag

m00?
For those with Spotify and the want. The ES:Online soundtrack has gone up in the last few days :)

Hawkwind

FH is my second home

I was accused of that when I hit 30 and needed a batch of soul stones, farmed one boss 30 times and got some nice set gear as well :) Funny though being accused of being a Chinese farmer.

Zede

Part of the furniture
For the first time since Daoc, i've been able to be a healer in an xp/farm grp. Have zero interests in quests - somehow i managed to do no quests in UO or Daoc (apart from 1 at L48 to get was it a copper ring or something..) so this seems more natural ! ooodles of loot, L42-43 in less than an hour. it's a shame really, i made lots of friends camping xp spots in Avalon City..but here the xp has gone from really slow to really quick using that method, did 41-45 yesterday evening. I almost wish the xp was harder to get and they had a whole zone of 3 packs, just like daoc. Taskers grp anyone ?

miri

One of Freddy's beloved
Just hoping upon hope we start to see more roaming groups of varying sizes. :)

Talivar

Part of the furniture
I keep seeing either small groups of 3-4 or large groups of 10-12

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom