Games The Elder Scrolls MMO

Fafnir

Resident Freddy
completed the fighters guild yesterday, almost crapped my pants when i saw end boss, but then realized my silver shards... bow with the jump/pushback skill silver shard, stamina pot, easy as pie. Did another quest later to kill a two necro mancers both elites, first one shotted, 2nd two shotted both
with silver shard skill. think more points in the fighters tree and undead will go down fast as hell. Templar with 15% passive stam or 80% activated stamina regen... :D

Mabs

J Peasemould Gruntfuttock
im getting really fucking tired of those Lamia bosses with the floaty orbs of healing :(
and the AI companions that stand around not helping in boss fights

Poag

m00?
im getting really fucking tired of those Lamia bosses with the floaty orbs of healing :(
and the AI companions that stand around not helping in boss fights
Theres a quest where the Lamia boss spawns in a hallway.

So the orbs spawn right ontop of her, instantly healing her. Ended up having to drag her right to the limit of the leash so i could kill her :(

Mabs

i have to use Aedric Spear frontal cone morph, only thing that works for me :/

Fafnir

Resident Freddy
Templar got a really nice spell for the orbs, forgot the name, but starts with it being channeled for 2 sec then shoot a ball in high arc, now when i morphed it, its and instant ae around your own char. it also give boost to ap and sp for 1 hit.

LordjOX

Part of the furniture
Ah man, that Lamia fight took me about 15 minutes.
So anyone at VR1+ that can give some experiences?
And what do people think about Craglorn

Mabs

Templar got a really nice spell for the orbs, forgot the name, but starts with it being channeled for 2 sec then shoot a ball in high arc, now when i morphed it, its and instant ae around your own char. it also give boost to ap and sp for 1 hit.

interesting...

Poag

m00?
I've run into a problem where i'm having significant issues leveling.

Due to bugged quests earlier in the zones i'm atm about 3 levels to low for cold harbour, and thats after grinding 2 and a half levels on mobs in Bangkorai :(

Probably going to have to grind some ~47 mobs in CH to get up to 47 so i can go into the end run at the right level range, my excitement about this is barely contained :/

Sadly due to my work hours and home life i dot have the time to be able to run dungeons with PUG groups mid week. And my weekend playtime is morning only...so i dont exactly get alot of guild fun :(

Soazak

Part of the furniture
Ah man, that Lamia fight took me about 15 minutes.
So anyone at VR1+ that can give some experiences?
And what do people think about Craglorn

Just about to hit VR5, I'm finding the VR content is pretty easy for a sorc (bit of a hp boost for mobs, maybe a little damage increase but I haven't noticed), but some of my guildies (DKs/Templars) are having difficulty. At VR4/5 the solo dungeons and world bosses are becoming a bit harder to solo. I don't think Craglorn is in game yet?

The veteran dungeons can be quite tricky if you don't get the mechanic, but once everyone understands what to do they're ok, I could see them being very hard for pugs without voice comms though.

miri

One of Freddy's beloved
Just about to hit VR5, I'm finding the VR content is pretty easy for a sorc (bit of a hp boost for mobs, maybe a little damage increase but I haven't noticed), but some of my guildies (DKs/Templars) are having difficulty. At VR4/5 the solo dungeons and world bosses are becoming a bit harder to solo. I don't think Craglorn is in game yet?

The veteran dungeons can be quite tricky if you don't get the mechanic, but once everyone understands what to do they're ok, I could see them being very hard for pugs without voice comms though.

How have you been leveling VR content? It seems really slow to me, with quests only giving 1.5-3k VPs at VR1. Best thing seemd to be to do dungeons? We did the 120 skeles in Banished Cells achi last night and got 100k VPs for it. Expected to get tonnes for clearing the dungeon but got nothing! Got a purple VR5 staff though.

LordjOX

Part of the furniture

Thanks.
No, Craglorn isn't in game yet. Just wondered what people though about it from what we learned from the video. 4 man content zone and the 12 man trial raid

A guildie who hit VR1 early attempted with a pug, they didn't manage to get past the first boss

miri

One of Freddy's beloved
We did Veteran Banished Cells last night with two VR1 Templars (one healing, one tanking), a VR2 Sorc and a VR1 Sorc, cleared it pretty easily. It just gets annoying when you don't have the DPS to deal with adds. Went OOM a lot healing too, but just chugged pots and got through it. I guess we're under-level for it because we got a VR5 epic staff from the final boss.

LordjOX

Part of the furniture
Does anyone else find that dungeon bosses only drop weapons? I can only recall a few times where I got a green or blue armor set item from the boss, the rest have been weapons (blue/purple).

Done all dungeons up to the level 40 ones

Soazak

Part of the furniture
How have you been leveling VR content? It seems really slow to me, with quests only giving 1.5-3k VPs at VR1. Best thing seemd to be to do dungeons? We did the 120 skeles in Banished Cells achi last night and got 100k VPs for it. Expected to get tonnes for clearing the dungeon but got nothing! Got a purple VR5 staff though.

The main quests (in Cadwells Alamanc) that have a marker on the map (e.g. Defend city X from XXX) give much more, they are giving me 60-70k at VR6. You also get a lot from PvP (one night as a guild group got me 500k or so). My guildmate got emperor and that gave him 500k too.

miri

One of Freddy's beloved
The main quests (in Cadwells Alamanc) that have a marker on the map (e.g. Defend city X from XXX) give much more, they are giving me 60-70k at VR6. You also get a lot from PvP (one night as a guild group got me 500k or so). My guildmate got emperor and that gave him 500k too.

Cheers buddy. So the quest XP scales massively with your VR then - good to know. The VP from PvP, was that mostly objectives giving it or just killing?

Soazak

Part of the furniture
Cheers buddy. So the quest XP scales massively with your VR then - good to know. The VP from PvP, was that mostly objectives giving it or just killing?

Killing for sure. Objectives give enough to make it worth it if there are people there. Zerging doesn't give much though, pretty much seems to work like daoc RPs

miri

One of Freddy's beloved
Killing for sure. Objectives give enough to make it worth it if there are people there. Zerging doesn't give much though, pretty much seems to work like daoc RPs

You just made my day.

Soazak

Part of the furniture
You just made my day.

:D

To put it into perspective, I've just made around 120k veteran XP at VR6 since my last post in PvP (group of 6 in a bridge killing zergs), the total XP needed is 2.7 mil.

Poag

m00?
Errf. Finish the Army for Hollow Town...Groundskeeper bugs out.

Relog/Zone/all the normal dont fix it.

Glorious. Totally stuck, can't continue in any way shape or form.

LordjOX

Part of the furniture
Errf. Finish the Army for Hollow Town...Groundskeeper bugs out.

Relog/Zone/all the normal dont fix it.

Glorious. Totally stuck, can't continue in any way shape or form.
Been a known bug for about a week now, sucks I know. EU is offline now for maintenance, my guess is that it is getting patched as we speak

Roamed around in Cyrodiil solo late last night for some quests and solo ganks. Was a whole load of fun. The zone is huge enough to completely avoid the big zergs and there are still both soloers, small groups looking for a fight. Plus the same group sizes just wanting to do the quests / gather skyshards

Check in on the neutral cities with quests, there is a trickle of people going there, especially close to the opposite faction but also your own. And there is a constant flow of people getting from Keep X to Zerg Y. Kill those fast and you'll have a load of fun

cog

Can't get enough of FH
So now that it's been out a few days, whats the general consensus so far?

I enjoyed the beta but I didn't really give it enough time as I was mega busy with work.

miri

One of Freddy's beloved
So now that it's been out a few days, whats the general consensus so far?

I enjoyed the beta but I didn't really give it enough time as I was mega busy with work.

Really good mate. Will be recording some PvP over the weekend from our group if you're interested. Quite a lot of old DAoC heads playing with us, so if you decide to pick it up... :)

Poag

m00?
Been a known bug for about a week now, sucks I know. EU is offline now for maintenance, my guess is that it is getting patched as we speak

Woke up early this mornign to try and do it while the zone was empty. Discovered servers were down :(

Decided to grab my macbook and bring it to work. Got the notice servers back up. Logged in, picked up the quest again, progressed it to the unbroken step in the Chapel and logged off.

Not seen todays patch notes yet.....

Finally what group/raid frames are people using. During my login/logout spamming last night i tried to get the warlegend frames installed. Group worked ok but raid error'd every time it was loaded.

Cirventhor

Can't get enough of FH
How about retiring the Warhammer section on the forum, and replace it with an ESO section?

miri

One of Freddy's beloved
Already started to find some really nice action as DC, we were preparing our setup purely to fight with 1-2fg vs zergs but we've actually met quite a lot of ~8 man groups roaming on Auriel's Bow which is really promising. Had this fight last night which was pretty hilarious when they decided to put a ballista up with around 40 people vs. 6 :D

View: http://youtu.be/gqmgbgz3ADQ

Cirventhor

Can't get enough of FH
I'd wait with that. Maybe 7-8 people active in this thread now?

I see your point, but the same could be said for most of the other sections on the list. :p

On another note, does anyone have any idea how far the RvR rank system goes? Are we talking months/years to reach the cap (like RR11 back in the day)?

Soazak

Part of the furniture
I see your point, but the same could be said for most of the other sections on the list. :p

On another note, does anyone have any idea how far the RvR rank system goes? Are we talking months/years to reach the cap (like RR11 back in the day)?

Currently goes upto 50, with 25 different titles I think. Unless there is some really steep curve coming up, I don't think its going to take half as long as daoc did on release.

Zede

Part of the furniture
coincidence, synchronicity..pure chance ? I'd not seen a single purple epic item drop so far, and i've been purely grinding since L23 (36 now). Entered Stormcrag Crypt in southern Eastmarch (Ebonpact) and had a purple axe, head piece and shoulders within 2hrs.

another tip for those mini dungeons - especially those with a soulshard. Just camp the mini boss in there. Not quite sure how the respawn works, but was having 2 a minute sometimes. Just camping the boss for an hour yielded 9 blues( all the same) greens, 60 soul gems, stack of 100 health pots, 75 stam pots and 111 mana pots. Made about 10k in 3 hrs of work, sold the epics in general chat for 5k in total, health pots for a 1k etc..

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom