Football The (bacon) General Forum Football Thread.

Trem

Not as old as he claims to be!
I thought Aquilinininrisotto was very good indeed last night, Liverpool on the other hand were shocking.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Ahh LOL, was very funny watching that game yesterday. Trem Aquilanni only looked good because the game was played at a easy pace with no aggression, it was nearly a friendly. Let us see him get that much time and space in the premiership...

Also, Liverpool are now an unseeded qualifier in the Europa League, because of their final point total, this means they will now have a tough old time.

It's going to be soo easy to keep Wazz and his moaning out of this thread if he wants a page of pure footy.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Looks like Lou has some competition in the childrens novel game:

Arsenal winger Theo Walcott has signed a lucrative new deal - as a children's author. The 20-year-old England international has been signed by a top publisher after he wrote two stories for fun about a hero schoolboy, who happens to be a soccer wonderkid. His tales are poised to go on sale in April.
Full story: The Sun

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Isn't that just a way of saying he's too thick to write his autobiography in any manner other than a kiddies book?

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Liverpool are now an unseeded qualifier in the Europa League, because of their final point total, this means they will now have a tough old time

But we don't really care. Anything we get here is just a bonus - and matchdays are an excuse for a pissup and having your mates round. :)

but:

Looks like Lou has some competition in the childrens novel game

Yes. This is true. Unfair competition. I feel quite strongly that this is wrong.

Walcott probably can't spell his own name, let alone write a book. It'll be ghost written and probably sell quite well because of the name that's attached.

As only so many books get sold this makes it less likely that other writers (such as Lou) get sales, whilst lining the pockets of already-rich publishers and footballers....

Calaen

I am a massive cock who isn't firing atm!
Or he might actually be educated?

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
If you've ever met him or seen any interviews with him, he is a pretty articulate and intelligent lad. But then of course it is easier to tar all footballers with the thick as shit brush. There are a lot of clever, and some very clever footballers - even at top level. A lot of non-top level footballers understand that they won't be able to live forever on their wage and often learn a trade or take a degree at the same time playing. Even quite a few top level players do this. You don't really hear about them as much though, as they're normally the ones who don't bother with the spotlight.

Some are thick as can be though and have no skills in life bar kicking a ball about. People like Rooney, unfortunately, don't exactly do wonders for the image of the modern footballer.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Or he might actually be educated?

He might. But only a fool would put money on it...

As for the clever footballers, I work with a premiership ref. (And he's far from dumb). As far as he's concerned they're all pretty thick.

Apart from Shearer. He said he was a cnut (but he liked him). Clever enough to make a ref doubt himself by saying the right thing at the right time :)

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
If you've ever met him or seen any interviews with him, he is a pretty articulate and intelligent lad. But then of course it is easier to tar all footballers with the thick as shit brush. There are a lot of clever, and some very clever footballers - even at top level. A lot of non-top level footballers understand that they won't be able to live forever on their wage and often learn a trade or take a degree at the same time playing. Even quite a few top level players do this. You don't really hear about them as much though, as they're normally the ones who don't bother with the spotlight.

Some are thick as can be though and have no skills in life bar kicking a ball about. People like Rooney, unfortunately, don't exactly do wonders for the image of the modern footballer.
Sometimes it's also just fun to make a joke. Besides, since when were you a fucking footballer you miserable ****! :p

Marc

FH is my second home

Or David Bentley

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
Rafa again showing his tactical ineptitude by playing two DMs against a team with no natural forwards. Liverpool would have easily won if they were even remotely adventurous, but they weren't.

Plus, how's Johnson's defending going? Still as great as you wrongly affirmed earlier in the thread?

No doubt we'll see some blame shifting and finger pointing from the Scousers, commence! ;)

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Thought you might post. So I'll go through your points one at a time :)

Rafa again showing his tactical ineptitude by playing two DMs against a team with no natural forwards. Liverpool would have easily won if they were even remotely adventurous, but they weren't.

We were much better in the first half. Got our goal and the Arse were nowhere to be seen. Masch and Lucas did well.

Even Ian St John said so, and he fucking hates Rafa.

As for the second half, we were outplayed. When Rafa unadventurously bunged on a more offensive midfielder (Aquilani) and another striker what did that do for us?

Not much. We had more threat going forward but couldn't keep the ball as well...

Plus, how's Johnson's defending going? Still as great as you wrongly affirmed earlier in the thread?

Unlucky own goal. Or is one unfortunate mishap all it takes to label a player shit?

Plus, I never said "great". I said "good" but great going forwards :p

No doubt we'll see some blame shifting and finger pointing from the Scousers, commence! ;)

Don't really think so. There's no shame being beaten by a good Arsenal side. :)

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
But that wasn't a good Arsenal side. That was an Arsenal side that couldn't get their passing game on, had no natural strikers, a keeper who's woefully out of form and a third choice left back. :)

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
arsenal were absolutely shocking, i'd fancy portsmouth to do them over if they played like that. shows how crap liverpool are.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Unless someone performs magic within the next two weeks at Liverpool I think they are fucked. Failing to get champions league football next season is not an option. Do scousers really think Torres and Co will stick around in a mid table team who aren't in the champions league? Or (on current form) aren't in Europe at all?

Off the pitch they are dead too, hundreds of million in debt with a desperate need to build a new stadium. Maybe they will go cap in hand to Everton and borrow their new one?

Marc

FH is my second home
Unless someone performs magic within the next two weeks at Liverpool I think they are fucked. Failing to get champions league football next season is not an option. Do scousers really think Torres and Co will stick around in a mid table team who aren't in the champions league? Or (on current form) aren't in Europe at all?

Off the pitch they are dead too, hundreds of million in debt with a desperate need to build a new stadium. Maybe they will go cap in hand to Everton and borrow their new one?

Everton have been turned down for a new stadium.

Gerrard will never leave Liverpool and Torres wont leave until his contract is up in 2013, regardless of wether they are in the champions league or not. Torres loves being at Liverpool.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
It will however affect their ability to strengthen the squad in Jan and close season, I agree that I doubt Torres or Gerrard will go anywhere. Other players may though, Macherano for one I doubt will want to stay if they don't qualify for the champtions league.

Players will not want to go there if they are not in the champs league, and financially they may not be able to afford the targets they want either.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Torres wont leave...regardless of wether they are in the champions league or not. Torres loves being at Liverpool.

He left Athletico m8. His home club. If he can leave them, he can leave anyone.

As much as I hate to say it, the yanks have fucked us over good and proper. We were debt-free before they arrived and they simply piled the debt from the cash they borrowed to buy the club onto the club itself...

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
He left Athletico m8. His home club. If he can leave them, he can leave anyone.

As much as I hate to say it, the yanks have fucked us over good and proper. We were debt-free before they arrived and they simply piled the debt from the cash they borrowed to buy the club onto the club itself...

Both though are now very well off personally after selling their US sports franchises though, although whether you lot will ever see any of that cash I very much doubt.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Both though are now very well off personally after selling their US sports franchises though, although whether you lot will ever see any of that cash I very much doubt.

Well, maybe they'll finally back Benitez with some cold hard cash.

I've been of the opinion we've been punching above our weight for some time now - what with both Tottenham's and now City's squads being vastly more expensive than ours...

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter

Nah iirc one of them had defaulted on a massive bank loan and that is why he sold his franchises to pay it off and have money to keep paying the interest on Liverpool's loans. Liverpool would have been much better off with Kraft, at least he has some real money unlike the 2 current cocks and those ginger yanks who own United. :(

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
Money won't make up for Rafa's tactical ineptness. Unless of course that money is used as severance.

Calaen

I am a massive cock who isn't firing atm!
Nah iirc one of them had defaulted on a massive bank loan and that is why he sold his franchises to pay it off and have money to keep paying the interest on Liverpool's loans. Liverpool would have been much better off with Kraft, at least he has some real money unlike the 2 current cocks and those ginger yanks who own United. :(

While United may have the debt hanging over it, The Glaziers have continued to back Ferguson, while staying out of it as well. I don't mind them at all.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
While United may have the debt hanging over it, The Glaziers have continued to back Ferguson, while staying out of it as well. I don't mind them at all.

But Fergie has the same axe hanging over him as Rafa, the problem is that the loans are fine as long as we keep winning. If we had a sudden slump like the scousers, then we may see more from the gingers.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Oh, Sky are reporting that Backke has left Notts County, they are without a manager again. How long do you think it will be before Eriksson just takes over?

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Shame that means nothing, it would have meant something if failing to deliver meant he stepped down for instance....

Shagrat

I am a FH squatter
Made a bit of a noose for himself though hasnt he, although I suppose as a Liverpool manager I wouldnt expect to be still in the job at the end of the season if I finished 5th or below....

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
I've said it all along, if he gets top 4 then he'll keep his job. If he doesn't he's gone. It's a no-brainer - and he knows it - so making a claim like that's a win-win for him.

He either gets it, and keeps his job, or doesn't and then loses it but doesn't stick around long enough to care :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom