Football The (bacon) General Forum Football Thread.

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
I think a hell of a lot rides on how Man City do over the festive period.

Aye that is the feeling in Manchester to be honest, most of my dirty scum sucking blue bastard city friends are getting tired of him and have said anything less than 9 points out of the next 12 will see him gone before mid-January.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Totally agree with this, I couldn't believe they sold him, next out the door will be Ireland and I rate him very highly as well.

Hughes is a spangle and no mistake.

Ireland will not be sold, city rate him highly, although he has suffered from poor displays this season and far too much competition in midfield.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Champs league draw about to start on sky sports news or beeb webby.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Stuttgart v Barca

Olympiakos v Bordeaux

Inter v Chelski ( HAHAHAHA fiiiiiiix lol )

Bayern Munich v Fiorentina

CSKA v Sevilla

Lyon v Real Madrid

Porto v Arsenal

Ac Milan v Man Utd

Some great matches there, can't believe jose got chelski, and a bit annoyed at getting drawn against AC - but Beckham gets to return to old trafford. Arse got a fairly easy draw. Barca and Madrid should go through fairly smoothly.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Fuck Shagrat - I just realised the implications there. Yeah that is going to be hard for the police in Milan. They would have to play Tue/Wed and both legs in the same week! Ouch.

Cue lots of violence against english fans, heavy handed police, and italians walking away blameless again.

Shagrat

I am a FH squatter
Pity it isnt Roma, ive devised a pair of stab proof pants that would have made me a fortune selling them to fans arriving for the game :(

Shagrat

I am a FH squatter
Liverpool have got Unirea

haha sounds like something they need to see a doctor about

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
In fairness to Hughes (and I hate the man) Dunne had a very bad season last year for City, his lack of pace was continuously exposed and he cost his team several points with bad own goals and silly red cards.

He is back on form this season though.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Pompey giving it to the scousers, 1-0. Only 35 mins in though, so lots of time for Gerrard to cheat and win still.

Embattle

FH is my second home
2-0

On the Football Focus they let there ego get out of control again so naturally they lost.

Shagrat

I am a FH squatter
didnt even last till christmas:

1841: Yet more breaking news: Tottenham manager Harry Redknapp is to face proceedings over a tax issue, his solicitors said today in a statement issued by the football club.

Manchester City statement: "This is a particularly difficult announcement given the personal investment over the past 15 months on all sides and we would like to put on record our respect for and thanks to Mark Hughes and we wish him the best in his future career."

Manchester City statement: "A return of two wins in 11 Premier League games is clearly not in line with the targets that were agreed and set. Sheikh Mansour and the board felt that there was no evidence that the situation would fundamentally change."

Trem

Not as old as he claims to be!
Ha! It looks like Man Utd are doing a Liverpool now, would be great to see them finish below Man City and wipe the smugness off the Utd supporters faces (many of them who live in London.....ay Ch3t :p )

Trem

Coming from a Leeds fan living in Stoke.

Leeds isn't far from me and I didn't stop supporting them when it went tits up, pray tell me when did you decide to support Man Utd? You and bloody Cal are right glory hunters :p

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
From when I was 11 or 12, so 92. I didn't have much interest in football before that.

You can poke all you want, you won't get a rise.

Turamber

Part of the furniture
The Villa fans who went to Old Trafford at the weekend spoke of all the Cockneys they met on their way back at the motorway service stations, all in their United gear. Credit to them for going to the match though, when its so much easier to watch it at home with a glass of beer (and a box of kleenex).

Trem

You can poke all you want, you won't get a rise.

I already did ;)

Besides, Utd losing just makes it more interesting, could do with Chelski losing then it will be great. Wouldn't it be awesome if Villa won the league, seriously how cool would that be?

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
We deserved to lose today, same as we did last saturday. The league is exciting as hell this year, but I still can't see the title going past us and chelski. If Van Persie wasn't injured then arse may have had a shot as well.

Spurs and Villa could do great things this season, but I think anything past 4th is pie in the sky.

JingleBells

FH is my second home
Credit to them for going to the match though, when its so much easier to watch it at home with a glass of beer (and a box of kleenex).

Exactly, one of my workmates has a United season ticket and he lives near Edinburgh!

I popped up to Ewood to watch us play today, god it was cold. Cracking result mind, Blackburn didn't really offer much apart from one 10 minute spell at the start of the second half but we still had to fight. 2 well taken goals from Crouchy, watch out for Huddlestone's assist in our first goal, a hillariously wayward shot which everyone thought was going out but infact it was so bad it span toward the corner flag. Corluka got to it first (Blackburn seemed to switch off) and put a great ball in for Crouch to head home, the second goal was a superb breaking move finished well by Crouch

Turamber

Part of the furniture
I already did ;)

Wouldn't it be awesome if Villa won the league, seriously how cool would that be?

It would be incredible. Then I would wake up and file the memory of the dream next to the one involving Michelle Pfeiffer and Rachel Weisz in pigtails.

Shagrat

I am a FH squatter
Mancini's a bit of an odd choice though dont you think? He's not actually proven at that level at all really, I'd have thought they'd go for a Hiddinck/Mourinho kind of guy, someone with top level/international experience

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Its an odd choice all round really. He has taken them from nothing to pushing for a CL spot, semis of a cup and only lost twice this season (despite having a weak defence) I hate man shitty and just about everything they stand for but I can't deny they have done well this season.

It seems the owners know very little about football, let alone the prem.

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Lost 3 games less than United and 2 less than Chelsea but sacked? That's fucked up, that is Manchester City. :D

Lollie

Loyal Freddie
the owners are pissed off that they've only won two in eleven, not up to what they agreed or some shit like that

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
the owners are pissed off that they've only won two in eleven, not up to what they agreed or some shit like that

What they would have agreed would have been an acceptable league position and cup run, I cannot imagine any club setting their manager a target number of wins. That is just ridiculous.

edit:// More on this, quote from LMA boss Richard Bevan after talking with Hughes

"I think Mark was very realistic about the situation. He knew there were key goals he had to hit: his target was the top six and he was very disappointed because they were on course for that.

So the target Man Shitty had set him for this season was a top 6 finish - and yet they still sacked him.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom