Football The (bacon) General Forum Football Thread.

JingleBells

FH is my second home
Oh, Sky are reporting that Backke has left Notts County, they are without a manager again. How long do you think it will be before Eriksson just takes over?

That ain't going to happen, Sven is after his promised millions too so he can get out, the club is a sham and from what I've read they didn't have any of these millions they were promised. They sold the club back to the chairman for a quid (which is how much they bought it off the trust for), Sol must be pleased his agent got him out of there ASAP

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Jury's still out IMHO. It'll be next season when we see the best of him anyway...

Let me guess, "next year will be your season"? Funny, I've never heard that from a Liverpool fan before.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Let me guess, "next year will be your season"? Funny, I've never heard that from a Liverpool fan before.

You've never heard it from me.

I was commenting on Aquilani, who's played 75 minutes and 30 minutes recently. He looked pretty handy in those games but I was actually being reserved and realistic - most foreign players need a little bedding in time.

But lets not let reality get in the way of a little Liverpool-bashing eh Ch3t? ;)

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Reality and liverpool bashing go hand in hand these days :)

And Aquilani is going to need a loooong time to bed in, and he may not get it. He seems to want time on the ball, and he is not going to get it in this league. Good for your Europa league games though eh.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Oh dear, Fulham falling apart in the snow. 0-2 up and now 2-3 with 5 minutes left and Basel all over them. Really hope they stay in, need more British representation in the europa league.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
No suprises so far tonight then; Liverpool, Cheslki and Arsenal all 1-0 up, and spurs and man shitty at stalemate.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Yeah all man shitty's passing is for nothing, everytime spuds get the ball they give it to Lennon, who proceeds to run rings around an old man playing at left back (sylvinho).

good game to watch, I reckon there are quite a few goals in this.

rynnor

Rockhound
Lol - Chelsea concede from a set piece 1-1 v Portsmouth :)

Evenings getting interesting.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Fulham boss (and former Inter Milan manager) Roy Hodgson on their potential next opponents in the Europa League: "I wouldn't mind playing Juventus."

heh, go Hodgson.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Bloody well should be for the money Spurs have spent :p

Trem

Not as old as he claims to be!
Spurs looked excellent last night, what a bloody good game it was as well. I can see them being top 4, them or Villa.

Turamber

Part of the furniture
Spurs looked excellent last night, what a bloody good game it was as well. I can see them being top 4, them or Villa.

I'd like to think so, but I do feel Liverpool are still a danger. Can see them putting on a run in February-May time. Both Spurs and Villa have good first teams and a few quality players in reserve, but Liverpool have a huge squad and in Reina/Mascherano/Gerard/Torres they have genuine worldclass players.

Hopefully it will be exciting though, and seeing Man City crash and burn would be very enjoyable indeed.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
I'd like to think so, but I do feel Liverpool are still a danger. Can see them putting on a run in February-May time. Both Spurs and Villa have good first teams and a few quality players in reserve, but Liverpool have a huge squad and in Reina/Mascherano/Gerard/Torres they have genuine worldclass players.

Hopefully it will be exciting though, and seeing Man City crash and burn would be very enjoyable indeed.

If Torres stays fit Liverpool will start a fightback (he's the only player in the Liverpool squad I wish United had bought and easily the best striker in the Prem), but I really don't want them in the top four after Rafa's "guarantee", just so I can watch him try to worm his way out of it. The other thing that could help or hinder Liverpool's remaining season is how seriously they take the Europa League; that's a lot of extra games to take on that all of their fourth place rivals don't need to worry about.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
QPR become even more of a joke, I wonder how long Hart will last? I give him less than 5 months, unless of course Briatore is banned from running the club, in which case he might last longer.

rynnor

Rockhound
Both Spurs and Villa have good first teams and a few quality players in reserve, but Liverpool have a huge squad and in Reina/Mascherano/Gerard/Torres they have genuine worldclass players.

Lennons fantastic and Spurs have Modric coming back from injury - hes bloody good too. Only Gerrard/Torres are world class players in the liverpool squad.

Marc

FH is my second home
Time is running out for Mark Hughes I feel but its his own fault. City have bought too many secondary players of each position but no one dominant. Prime example of this are there centre halves, Lescott and Toure who are old fashioned sweepers but not dominant. This is why they look so fragile together. City also have a prethora of holding midfielders but none who will lead by example or who will try and beat the man and get the team going forward. People may not like Bellamy as a person but he is the type of player city need to be playing whenever he is fit, even if its ahead of Robinho. Bellamy will fight for everything and lead by example and in doing so, inspires his team mates to do the same.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Lennons fantastic and Spurs have Modric coming back from injury - hes bloody good too. Only Gerrard/Torres are world class players in the liverpool squad.

Lennon and Modric aren't in the same league as Reina and Mascherano...

...well, they are, but not in the way I'm talking about ;)

As for Hughes. Yep. He'll be off at the end of the season (if not before). £250 million without having to sell???!!!!

Turamber

Part of the furniture
Prime example of this are there centre halves, Lescott and Toure who are old fashioned sweepers but not dominant.

That is a good analysis. The pundits agree that Hughes attempted to weaken teams he saw as being a direct rival (Arsenal/Villa/Everton) by going after a star player or two from each of them.

Yet its ironic that he let Richard Dunne go who has looked one of the best defenders in the league this season, and Villa are certainly profiting from his presence.

Marc

FH is my second home
That is a good analysis. The pundits agree that Hughes attempted to weaken teams he saw as being a direct rival (Arsenal/Villa/Everton) by going after a star player or two from each of them.

Yet its ironic that he let Richard Dunne go who has looked one of the best defenders in the league this season, and Villa are certainly profiting from his presence.

Exactly. Dunne is a dominant defender and someone who would have died for city. Vastly underated imo and City's loss is Villas gain

Trem

Exactly. Dunne is a dominant defender and someone who would have died for city. Vastly underated imo and City's loss is Villas gain

Totally agree with this, I couldn't believe they sold him, next out the door will be Ireland and I rate him very highly as well.

Hughes is a spangle and no mistake.

Shagrat

I am a FH squatter
So do you think hughes will get some more investment/players in the January window, and be given till the end of the season, or do you think City will get rid of him and get a new man in during the transfer window to allow him to get some of his own people in???

I think it would be a bad decision to ditch him now, it will just make them more unstable.

Trem

I think a hell of a lot rides on how Man City do over the festive period.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom