Football The (bacon) General Forum Football Thread.

Lethul

FH is my second home
scouse don't be retarded please :<

liverpool have a shocking squad

a first XI that could take on any team in europe for sure

but thats it

no subs

no reserves

fucking lucas and insua starting every match cos of injuries and now that twat ngog aswell.....

its shocking

our only creative players are gerrard torres benayoun and riera and thier all fuckign injured

add that to the fact he spends 20 mill on aquilani then wont even play him

and don't say he's "injured" if he's to injured to play why has he been on the bench for the last 6-7 games

benitez is doing my head in, personaly ive had enough

fuck him off

Are you retarded? Insua is quality, N'gog is starting to become a really good Torres sub and can you name me many other 22 year old midfielders that have a permanent place in a good club? And on top of that one of our best players so far this season?

What do you expect him to do with Aquilani? Throw him in cause he spent money on him? Mascherano and Lucas are playing well together in the middle, should he break that up just because? He aint injured, he just hasn't had enough "easy" games to get subbed in at the end cause we are always chasing or defending a 1-0 lead. He has earmarked the Fiorentina game as his first from the start.

CorNokZ

Currently a stay at home dad
can you name me many other 22 year old midfielders that have a permanent place in a good club?

Haha lol wait, did you just imply that Liverpool is a good club?

Jealousy is the best sign of success

And what should I be jealous about exactly? That United is still in the run for all three trophies and Liverpool is not?

Lethul

FH is my second home
Haha lol wait, did you just imply that Liverpool is a good club?

And what should I be jealous about exactly? That United is still in the run for all three trophies and Liverpool is not?

Heh, if United is in the run for PL still then why ain't Pool?

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Heh, if United is in the run for PL still then why ain't Pool?

You've lost far too many games to win it, you have too many injury problems, if you had a fully fit squad then maybe you could manage to win every game between now and the end of the season, but you have not.

Benitez himself has all but written of your league chances, he talks about achieving a top 4 finish, not winning the league.

Lethul

FH is my second home
You've lost far too many games to win it, you have too many injury problems, if you had a fully fit squad then maybe you could manage to win every game between now and the end of the season, but you have not.

Benitez himself has all but written of your league chances, he talks about achieving a top 4 finish, not winning the league.

I agree, but Chelsea already has it in the bag :p

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
It's between us and chelski, I don't believe 5 points is enough of a lead in March, let alone December. Lots of slip-ups to come before this season is sorted. That said, the reason I ruled Liverpool out is because of far too many slip ups already.

Lethul

FH is my second home
It's between us and chelski, I don't believe 5 points is enough of a lead in March, let alone December. Lots of slip-ups to come before this season is sorted. That said, the reason I ruled Liverpool out is because of far too many slip ups already.

Well you have to consider you will drop at least 3 more against Liverpool

gohan

I am a FH squatter
Are you retarded? Insua is quality, N'gog is starting to become a really good Torres sub and can you name me many other 22 year old midfielders that have a permanent place in a good club? And on top of that one of our best players so far this season?

What do you expect him to do with Aquilani? Throw him in cause he spent money on him? Mascherano and Lucas are playing well together in the middle, should he break that up just because? He aint injured, he just hasn't had enough "easy" games to get subbed in at the end cause we are always chasing or defending a 1-0 lead. He has earmarked the Fiorentina game as his first from the start.

wow your deluded

lucas is possible the worst player ive ever seen

we have 2 holding midfielders that are playing so well that we're out of the CL out on the prem race and out of the LC

only reason were in the FA cup is cos it hasnt started

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
I agree, but Chelsea already has it in the bag :p

Chelsea always drop points during the African Cup of Nations and United traditionally finish stronger than they start. If I'm brutally honest, I still think It's Chelsea's year, but Liverpool look more likely to fade further where the teams around them can still do a bit of business in the January window to make up any gaps; Citeh might even buy themselves the rest of a defence (although the way Dubai is imploding, maybe not).

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
I think it's Chelski's too. Manc's will run 'em close but the blues will do it.

I also think that gohan's not even a liverpool supporter, just a troll posing as one. (Although I will admit, I've met some pretty thick scousers in my time) ;)

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
He is a liverpool supporter, you lot should contribute to the premier league season thread on OT. It's the on brightspot in a dark dark place.

Marc

FH is my second home
Chelsea always drop points during the African Cup of Nations and United traditionally finish stronger than they start. If I'm brutally honest, I still think It's Chelsea's year, but Liverpool look more likely to fade further where the teams around them can still do a bit of business in the January window to make up any gaps; Citeh might even buy themselves the rest of a defence (although the way Dubai is imploding, maybe not).

Really? During the last african cup of nations, cheslea won 4 and drew 1, drawing against liverpool

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
At last, a Liverpool fan on FH who is calling it how it actually is. His cheaper buys have been fucking shocking and that is the problem, no squad depth.

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Jealousy is the best sign of success

No, the best sign of success is finishing first in the league and winning some silverware every year, something Rafa has not managed.

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
Some total Rafa flops (look at the number of them and the prices, then see how much he spend on shit - it may not always be big money, but they are so overpriced it's not funny):

Jermain Pennant - 7m
Robbie Keane - 20m
Fernando Morientes - 6m
Mark Gonzalez - 4.5m
Craig Bellamy - 6m
Momo Sissoko - 5m
Peter Crouch - 7m
Gabriel Palletta - 2m
Josemi - 2m

Are just some of them, and that's 59m spent right there. Do you really think that's 59m worth of players? None of them had a good time at Liverpool, Sissoko despite Scouse red claims in some parts was utter gash, Crouch didn't cut it despite a couple of one-off games (most notably against Arsenal, the lanky bast) and the rest did nothing of note at all.

There's also the questionable players but I left them alone, there's no need to bring them in on the face of such damning evidence.

Buying smart > buying expensive.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Oh, so it's not "big money" signings now, eh Waz? :D

I'm not going through the list. You'll just change tack again. Bear in mind that Pennant used to play for your team tho :)

Marc

FH is my second home
Hes moving the goal posts every time he gets shown up for talking crap

Trem

Not as old as he claims to be!
United haven't got a chance in hell of winning the league this season, Chelsea look bullet proof, I was very impressed with then against Arsenal, simply the best defence I have seen in years. I just wish they would play Alex more, I am a massive fan, think hes brilliant.

No way did Liverpool deserve to beat Everton either, they are talking about it like it will kick start their season but the truth is Everton totally battered them, anyone who saw the game will admit that. Liverpool were just blessed that game.

tierk

Part of the furniture
Some total Rafa flops (look at the number of them and the prices, then see how much he spend on shit - it may not always be big money, but they are so overpriced it's not funny):

Jermain Pennant - 7m
Robbie Keane - 20m
Fernando Morientes - 6m
Mark Gonzalez - 4.5m
Craig Bellamy - 6m
Momo Sissoko - 5m
Peter Crouch - 7m
Gabriel Palletta - 2m
Josemi - 2m

Are just some of them, and that's 59m spent right there

You can take Robbie Keane off that list as he wasnt a Rafa purchase but a player imposed on him.

Momo was not and is not a bad player. Regular player in Juventus first team and was another player Rafa had to sell to finance other buys. Sold for over 11,000,000 Euro so another player that you clearly know nothing about.

As a Arsenal fan - correct me if i am wrong - i would be more concerned with your own clubs total lack of trohies and an inability to come even remotely close for that matter.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
You can take Robbie Keane off that list as he wasnt a Rafa purchase but a player imposed on him.

Momo was not and is not a bad player. Regular player in Juventus first team and was another player Rafa had to sell to finance other buys. Sold for over 11,000,000 Euro so another player that you clearly know nothing about.

As a Arsenal fan - correct me if i am wrong - i would be more concerned with your own clubs total lack of trohies and an inability to come even remotely close for that matter.

The bigger question you have to ask about Benitez' buys isn't their cost, but that fact that he clearly didn't get the most out of them as their subsequent careers have shown; Crouch, Bellamy, Pennant, Morientez have all played better post-Liverpool. That's the real problem with Benitez, not his buying skills but his man-management. He seems to weaned himself off his addiction to ProZone (probably because he had no choice), but you still get the impression he'd prefer his players to be interchangeable cogs in the machine, and that expressive individual play is discouraged.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!

Actually, Benitez himself said this season that he wanted to sign Keane, but he envisioned Keane playing in a team with Barry, and he would have changed the system had he got them both.

Wazz: I disagree with some on your list, Bellamy did well for Liverpool, as did Sissoko, and Crouch. Sure they have gone on to do better, but the prices he paid for them are not excessive considering the market.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
It is rather amusing seeing an Arsenal ban bash other teams records, they have been under par for years, they have been crap since Henry left.

Marc

FH is my second home
Arsenal are going backwards at an alarming rate.

Once Fabregas fooks off to the current european champions, they will have nothing left.

Lethul

FH is my second home
I don't really understand the whine the man gets, just look at Liverpools recent years before Rafa took over. It should be enough, but people forget quickly.

But maybe I'm just a stubborn fool who thinks a manager should be in charge a really long time to build his "idea". I'm not a fan of Real/Tottenham juggling of managers :p

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
No way did Liverpool deserve to beat Everton either, they are talking about it like it will kick start their season but the truth is Everton totally battered them, anyone who saw the game will admit that. Liverpool were just blessed that game.

Yep. I was the first to say that too. We got battered but won.

To be fair though, most of our games this season we've battered teams into submission but been undone against the run of play. The boot's on the other foot now - and I like it better this way ;)

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
The bigger question you have to ask about Benitez' buys isn't their cost, but that fact that he clearly didn't get the most out of them as their subsequent careers have shown; Crouch, Bellamy, Pennant, Morientez have all played better post-Liverpool.

Disagree with this, tho.

We wanted to keep Crouch, but he wasn't happy being a bit-part player, so we had to sell.

We would have kept Bellamy if he wasn't a massive chav who's prone to taking golf-clubs to other team members. He had to go...

Pennant was previously at Arsenal and not good enough, we took a cheap gamble after he'd had a good year at Birmingham and he didn't live up to billing. He's gone to Spain, and is doing OK in a shit team.

Same sort of thing for Morientez. He was great in Spain, but didn't have the pace for the English game. Back in Spain, in a slower game, he did OK again.

However, look at Mascherano. Couldn't get a look in and was rubbish at West Ham. Under Benitez has been the subject of repeated 40m+ bids from Barca....

Marc

FH is my second home
However, look at Mascherano. Couldn't get a look in and was rubbish at West Ham. Under Benitez has been the subject of repeated 40m+ bids from Barca....

jeez, this general football thread is full of myths.

No we never. We showed an interest in him but Liverpool told us he would cost £40m. So we laughed and walked away. We never made a formal bid

Lethul

FH is my second home
jeez, this general football thread is full of myths.

No we never. We showed an interest in him but Liverpool told us he would cost £40m. So we laughed and walked away. We never made a formal bid

Good, I want him to stay :)

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Ah! Barca fan eh? :)

He'd be great for Barca. £40m would be cheap for ya, as I think he'd slot into your team like a dream. But yep, I'd rather keep him too...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom