Football The (bacon) General Forum Football Thread.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
And do those young British players routinely establish themselves in the first team? Or do they find themselves sold off to the Boro's and Albions of the world, whilst they continue to buy in foreign players?

You're pissed off at Premier League teams because the British players are crap?

I'd love it if Benitez fielded a full English team. But we'd be in League 1 if he did.

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
Corry & Jonny Evans are both from Northern Ireland

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
It's 'cause there's fuck all in the way of talented British youngsters nowadays. We're all too fat and lazy and playing games/posting on forums to obsess over football the way you need to.

Why do you think Brazil and Argentina produce such quality? Because they're poor - and the kids play football constantly.

They produce such quality for two main reasons:
1. High populations (mainly applicable to Brazil);
2. Their youth setups are excellent, consistent and well implemented. The youth systems over here fail the kids pretty much from the start. Don't blame fat kids when the coaching systems aren't up to scratch. There'd be less fat kids if the youth system in this country wasn't a total joke.

Turamber

Part of the furniture
You're pissed off at Premier League teams because the British players are crap?

I'm not pissed off about it at all. I just think it would be nice of the English Premier League had, you know, more English players in it.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
I'll give you the "youth setup" bit Waz, but:

They produce such quality for two main reasons:
1. High populations (mainly applicable to Brazil);

Population's got a lot less to do with it than you think. Brazil's got about 180 million people, Argentina about 40.

Yet the US, with 250m+ produces fuck all in the way of great players and us, with 60m, aren't that great either...

The fact is, Brazilians and Argentinians are poor (so no playstations) and see footie as a great way out of the slums. So they play dawn-till-dusk.

I just think it would be nice of the English Premier League had, you know, more English players in it.

I'd like it too. But the fact is most of our kids are fat distracted wankers nowadays anyway :)

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
I'll give you the "youth setup" bit Waz, but:

Yet the US, with 250m+ produces fuck all in the way of great players and us, with 60m, aren't that great either...

Yes, due to the youth setup thing.

Darthshearer

Can't get enough of FH
Well, a couple of weeks ago you would of though Rafa had found the cure for cancer. Oh dear oh dear. The defending for Liverpoo was on par with Newcastles, oh how I laughed.

Darthshearer

Can't get enough of FH
Oh dear oh dear

Surley you rose tinted Scousers cannot defend that woeful management last night?

Oh how I laughed at Phil Thompson last night

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Fucking LOL at Benitez and Gerrard last night, they both looked like they had been crying.

and Darth - you can hardly blame management last night, they did win their game. You can blame them for the previous 3 Champs League games though.

Darthshearer

Can't get enough of FH
Fucking LOL at Benitez and Gerrard last night, they both looked like they had been crying.

and Darth - you can hardly blame management last night, they did win their game. You can blame them for the previous 3 Champs League games though.

True, however when that team kept breaking and looking like they were going to equalise, why on earth didnt he bring on Yossi earlier (IMO he should of started) and Aqualini?

Is there something wrong with Aqualini still? £20m for a player to only pay 20mins of football is funny. But then again the Bin Dippers will start by saying

"Ehhhh Calmd Down kid, he aint had no moneeeee has heeee"

LOL LOL LOL

Jiggs

Can't get enough of FH
A good night for schadenfreude.

For once their luck has run out.

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
Hopefully they can be dumped out the Europa just as quickly, will be so cringeworthy if they do well in that as all the Scouse reds will still somehow take pride in it.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Hopefully they can be dumped out the Europa just as quickly, will be so cringeworthy if they do well in that as all the Scouse reds will still somehow take pride in it.

No no, hopefully they get quite far, lots of fixtures, odd-days (Thursday games). Wierd away grounds to visit, that will keep them where they belong in the table, i.e out of the top 4.

Lethul

FH is my second home
Oh dear oh dear

Surley you rose tinted Scousers cannot defend that woeful management last night?

Oh how I laughed at Phil Thompson last night

I have to agree, wtf was he doing yesterday?
Still I don't believe in sacking managers all the time :p

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
No no, hopefully they get quite far, lots of fixtures, odd-days (Thursday games). Wierd away grounds to visit, that will keep them where they belong in the table, i.e out of the top 4.

They're managing that fine themselves, they don't need any help. They are as many point off the leaders than there have been games, if that trend continues (looking likely), they'll struggle to make Europe at all.

Darthshearer

Can't get enough of FH
My fear is when Fernando leaves them in the summer, along with Steeeeeeeeeeeevie Geeeeeeeeeee

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Dear me. I'm more than depressed. We're a massive 2 points off 4th place (presuming the Arse don't make an unlikely comeback against Chelski). Worse than that there's a huge gulf between us and the 3rd placed Yids at 3 points :(

Sack Rafa tbfh. 0-2 against Everton, without 'Nando, clearly is shite :eek:

:p

Lethul

FH is my second home
Yes, N'Gog and Aquilani will clearly be the next big things.

Does every player have to be "the next big thing"? And i really hope Aquilani will show those words back your throat :p

I seem to be one of the few who actually think N'Gog is a really good player, no he won't be a new Torres but his job is to play when Torres can't. Can't have Torres like player as backup cause they don't wanna play second fiddle.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
I seem to be one of the few who actually think N'Gog is a really good player

He's OK. Not bad for £1.5 million. We'll get five or six when we sell him.

Fits nicely into Benitez' model. Can't afford top-quality striker? Buy a load of cheap players, add value, flog on.... :)

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
Does every player have to be "the next big thing"? And i really hope Aquilani will show those words back your throat :p

It was a mocking statement to the over positive (and hilarious) 'Pool fans. Aquilani will never make it big, he's always had major injury problems his whole career. You spent £20m on a combo of Ledley King/Darren Anderton.

Trem

Not as old as he claims to be!
It was a mocking statement to the over positive (and hilarious) 'Pool fans. Aquilani will never make it big, he's always had major injury problems his whole career. You spent £20m on a combo of Ledley King/Darren Anderton.

LMAO, come on wheel-trim-stealers surely that even made you laugh :D

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Made me smile. He'll have to try harder to get a chortle out of these red lungs ;)

Marc

FH is my second home
I hate liverpool as much as the next man, but I dont understand the flak Benetiz gets. You cant question his pedigree and yes, he signs a lot of duffers, but he has to gamble in the transfer market as LIverpool just dont have the money to be able to splash every window on big name players.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom