Football The (bacon) General Forum Football Thread.

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
But they DO have that money, or at least they did do until recently when Rafa spent it all on SHIT.

It's his own fault he has no money to spend, he's a short sighted idiot and people still defend him like it's not his fault. Amazing.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
But they DO have that money, or at least they did do until recently when Rafa spent it all on SHIT.

Putting it in capitals doesn't make it true Waz.

Our net spend this summer was about ten grand. I've spent more than this on beer in the last couple of years.

Babel's been the only expensive flop (and at about twelve million it broke our bank, but wouldn't have scratched United, Chelski or Tottenhams).

Reina, 6 million? Yep, he's shit him. Alonso, 12 million and sold for 30. Ngog was never the "next big thing" - and do you see any of the other top 4 clubs fielding a £1.5 million striker, or even a free one in Voronin?

I don't know who you support - but maybe it's a lower-table (or lower league) team and you look at the sums involved and wish you had that much to spend. If you had LFC amounts of money you'd simply realise that you need Chelski money to be *really* competitive. With a squad value (which is the most reliable indicator of wealth) what it is, I think he's punching above his weight...

You've been harping on about Aquilani but we've not seen him play yet. I know he's been previously injury prone but Benitez was given the OK by the medical staff to play him in 2, maybe 3 months. If you've got another player you could suggest he should have bought with his spare £20 million (raised through the sale of other players) then there's nothing stopping you posting it here :)

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
Putting it in capitals doesn't make it true Waz.

No, it adds EMPHASIS. EMPHASIS was what I was going for.

Our net spend this summer was about ten grand. I've spent more than this on beer in the last couple of years.

Pulling figures up out of your arse does not make a valid argument.

Babel's been the only expensive flop

So it's acceptable to spend £8m on 3rd choice, second rate left backs?

I don't know who you support - but maybe it's a lower-table (or lower league) team and you look at the sums involved and wish you had that much to spend.

Well argued, I have no words to describe just how retarded that statement is. A true 'Pool response that.

You've been harping on about Aquilani but we've not seen him play yet. I know he's been previously injury prone but Benitez was given the OK by the medical staff to play him in 2, maybe 3 months.

You might not have seen him play but I have, quite a lot. He's good, but nothing special, and has never had a chance to prove himself consistently because of his injuries.

There are a number of better defensive minded centre mids that would have cost a LOT less than Aquliani, there's far too many to mention but if you're struggling for names and you're putting Aquliani up on high (also before you've seen him play) then you're exposing your lack of football knowledge to everyone (although you do this well enough by supporting Liverpool :p). Without even thinking about it Blaise Matuidi and Simon Rolfes would have been available for less money than Aquliani, both are better players and both aren't made of glass.

Lethul

FH is my second home
Without even thinking about it Blaise Matuidi and Simon Rolfes would have been available for less money than Aquliani, both are better players and both aren't made of glass.

Are you sure you seen him play? :ninja:

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
If you want to bitch about a team spending obscene amounts of money and getting no results then bitch about Man Shitty. £200,000,000+ so far under Mark Hughes isn't it?

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
No, it adds EMPHASIS. EMPHASIS was what I was going for.

I should have added a smiley, it wasn't serious old bean. Stop getting your knickers in a twist ;)

Pulling figures up out of your arse does not make a valid argument.

The figure was correct. Rafa's spend, net, worked out at about ten grand (apparently). The 30million sale of Alonso, plus 7 million other sales, was balanced out...

So it's acceptable to spend £8m on 3rd choice, second rate left backs?

Dossena looked like a good buy at the time. He's not worked out. But yep, it's OK to spend some cash and fail sometimes. It's more than made up for by the likes of Reina, Reira etc...

Well argued, I have no words to describe just how retarded that statement is. A true 'Pool response that.

Actually, I was just trying to prod you into showing your allegiances for once. I accused you of being a Manc and was met with silence. And either way - yes, I think it's a good argument. Lots of teams would LOVE (emphasis) to have what LFC would spend, but if they did, they'd realise that they probably need more...

Stuff on Aquilani, including "you're putting Aquliani up on high (also before you've seen him play)

I'm not putting him up on high. All I've said is don't do the lad down until we've seen him play. From the two 15 minute spells I've seen of him in the UK he's looked handy. From the two matches I saw of him in Italy, he looked pretty handy there too...

Am I supposed to think he's shit and be all down about the signing or something?

:)

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
I fail to see how what team I support has any bearing on Rafa's poor choices in the transfer market.

You shouldn't be down about Aquliani himself, you should be down at having spent so much money on a player that'll spend a lot of his time on the bench, playing for reserves or in the treatment room.

Marc

FH is my second home
I fail to see how what team I support has any bearing on Rafa's poor choices in the transfer market.

You shouldn't be down about Aquliani himself, you should be down at having spent so much money on a player that'll spend a lot of his time on the bench, playing for reserves or in the treatment room.

If he had the money, as you claim he does, he wouldnt have to gamble in the transfer market. If you consider £20m a transfer "war chest", then fair enough, he does have the money. But me and you both know, the big clubs need more than £20m in order to compete with the big boys.

Chelsea, United, Man City can just sign whoever they want, regardless of price. You want to know why? Because they have the funds.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber

I don't think it does. But in a thread about football, with a bit of banter being slung about, I think it's poor form that yer not man enough to tell us.

Are you a bitter Forest fan or something?

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
If he had the money, as you claim he does, he wouldnt have to gamble in the transfer market. If you consider £20m a transfer "war chest", then fair enough, he does have the money. But me and you both know, the big clubs need more than £20m in order to compete with the big boys.

Chelsea, United, Man City can just sign whoever they want, regardless of price. You want to know why? Because they have the funds.

He spent 17m on a right back and 20m on an injury. How can you say he doesn't have the money? £37m in one window on two players is definitely a lot of money, they spent more than all the other established big teams the last transfer window, so why you think they don't have money is beyond me.

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
I don't think it does. But in a thread about football, with a bit of banter being slung about, I think it's poor form that yer not man enough to tell us.

Are you a bitter Forest fan or something?

I've said beforehand, it's not my fault you sieve-read. I don't hide my support, just talk about it when it's relevant.

Marc

FH is my second home
He spent 17m on a right back and 20m on an injury. How can you say he doesn't have the money? £37m in one window on two players is definitely a lot of money, they spent more than all the other established big teams the last transfer window, so why you think they don't have money is beyond me.

Because he sold alonso to real madrid.

But dont let facts get in the way of your crusade against Benetiz

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber

I think you're trolling Waz. You keep bleating about this seasons "spending" but ignoring the £37 million in sales.

Next argument please, you've already lost this one...

Lethul

FH is my second home
everton_liverpool_fans_help.jpg

Scouse and Marc! ;)

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
I love this *net spend* bollocks you scousers keep bleating on about, the facts remain. Nearly 50 players bought, £250 million or so spent on them. Yes you recouped a good amount on sales but he has still brought in £250 million worth of players in his time, RIGHT OR WRONG?

Ok, now how many of them can be classed as a sucess? How many of his sub-£10 million pound signings have been abject failures? That is where he has pissed the money away.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Maybe Benetiz should adopt Wengers policy and only spend when it's worth it, rather than spending for the sake of it as he seem to do.

tierk

Part of the furniture
Its really simple, talk as much as you like about spend, net spend, tactics, substitutions whatever you like. Bottom line is he will be in the job for the forseeable future and as a life long LFC fan i am happy.

The man is a class coach and no it is not with rose tinted glasses i make this judgement. Facts speak for themselves. Champions League Winners in his year, FA Cup Winners, Champions League Finalists, 2nd in the League last year.

I dont care about net spend or gross spend for me it is totally irrelevant, you give the manager money to buy players and yes sometimes they cock it up royally (Ferguson - Veron) and at other times it works a treat. You dont jusge a coach on his purchasing skills or lack of but on results.

random site said:
victory over Manchester United in October gave Benítez his 114th win out of 200 Premier League games, a record only bettered by Kenny Dalglish as Liverpool manager..

That speaks for itself.

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
I think you're trolling Waz. You keep bleating about this seasons "spending" but ignoring the £37 million in sales.

Next argument please, you've already lost this one...

Net spend or no net spend how can you defend paying such high prices for such tosh? There's no defence of it. It shows massively how flawed his scouting system is, and what he thinks of players.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Net spend or no net spend how can you defend paying such high prices for such tosh?

High prices for what tosh, Babel aside?

Like we've already said, Aquilani may be great (may not). Johnson's a quality buy. Torres was a quality buy. Alonso was a quality buy at 12m. Mascherano was a quality buy at 17m.

Come on. What huge money have we spent? Before you answer, please bear in mind we've only ever spent 20m twice...

If you bring up Dossena again (8m) I'll counter with Reina (quality buy) at 6m - but neither of them were "high prices" eh? :p

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Net spend or no net spend how can you defend paying such high prices for such tosh? There's no defence of it. It shows massively how flawed his scouting system is, and what he thinks of players.

Yet Arsenal who have spent very little have won fuck all of any importance in years and don't look as though they will win anything over the next few years.

Liverpool have won plenty and spent some money and won some silverware, yes they have bought a few stinkers but which club hasn't? At least they haven't done a Leeds or Blackburn and self destructed. They have not attempted to buy the premiership they have attempted to keep up with the likes of UTD and Chelsea, plus all the massive spenders in Europe. Like I said, pick on Man City, leeds or Blackburn if you are looking for big spenders who have failed miserably.

megadave

I am a FH squatter
There's still the point that despite spending so much money (regardless of net spending) if Gerrard or Torres get injured there's no one even close to being able to cover for them and the squad's too weak to stay in top 4 or CL.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
I'm guessing that no matter what arguments are blown out of the water, someone's always got something negative to say :)

gohan

I am a FH squatter
scouse don't be retarded please :<

liverpool have a shocking squad

a first XI that could take on any team in europe for sure

but thats it

no subs

no reserves

fucking lucas and insua starting every match cos of injuries and now that twat ngog aswell.....

its shocking

our only creative players are gerrard torres benayoun and riera and thier all fuckign injured

add that to the fact he spends 20 mill on aquilani then wont even play him

and don't say he's "injured" if he's to injured to play why has he been on the bench for the last 6-7 games

benitez is doing my head in, personaly ive had enough

fuck him off

Lethul

FH is my second home
There's still the point that despite spending so much money (regardless of net spending) if Gerrard or Torres get injured there's no one even close to being able to cover for them and the squad's too weak to stay in top 4 or CL.

We managed to come second last year with them only starting 13 games together?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom